As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Your multi OP [movies] n golden globes thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    ONE WEEK UNTIL CREED

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    ONE WEEK UNTIL CREED

I'm trapped in my own prison waiting to buy it with arms wide open.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    ONE WEEK UNTIL CREED

I'm trapped in my own prison waiting to buy it with arms wide open.

Burn the world down

Start with Raijin

• Options
    edited February 2016
    ONE WEEK UNTIL CREED

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    ONE WEEK UNTIL CREED

If we are ever on a beach together we are reenacting that scene.

• Options
    Meet me at Lake Michigan

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

edit: I'm also curious how they are going handle the Major's sexuality in Ghost in the Shell.
    The major went full cybernetic before puberty. On the one hand, she's seen with several partners in what appears to be a poly relationship in the comic, but then the movies (from what I've seen) and the shows play up a relationship with Bato that seems to go beyond respect and teammates.

Need to watch the newer series to more information.
    Admittedly I've only seen the first season and half of the second season, but my impression of the Bato/Motoko relationship was that it was very much one-sided. Bato 100% had it real bad for her, but she seemed to view him in a mostly professional context. I think she is portrayed as being very much aware of his feelings though, and even uses them to her advantage in the season finale of Stand Alone Complex (using Bato's genuine distress at her 'death' to make it look convincing).

I did see the first movie as well, but I kind of view that as an alternate universe from the show. The Major seems to have a very different personality when comparing the show and the movie.

in the manga she literally runs an illegal side business of doing cyber-sex with mostly other cyborg women, and she has a boyfriend

in the show/movies a partner is never shown, and there's only really one overt mention of sex, and it's possibly a joke

also batou has confusing feelings for her in the show, but it's never outright stated

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

edit: I'm also curious how they are going handle the Major's sexuality in Ghost in the Shell.
    The major went full cybernetic before puberty. On the one hand, she's seen with several partners in what appears to be a poly relationship in the comic, but then the movies (from what I've seen) and the shows play up a relationship with Bato that seems to go beyond respect and teammates.

Need to watch the newer series to more information.
    Admittedly I've only seen the first season and half of the second season, but my impression of the Bato/Motoko relationship was that it was very much one-sided. Bato 100% had it real bad for her, but she seemed to view him in a mostly professional context. I think she is portrayed as being very much aware of his feelings though, and even uses them to her advantage in the season finale of Stand Alone Complex (using Bato's genuine distress at her 'death' to make it look convincing).

I did see the first movie as well, but I kind of view that as an alternate universe from the show. The Major seems to have a very different personality when comparing the show and the movie.

in the manga she literally runs an illegal side business of doing cyber-sex with mostly other cyborg women, and she has a boyfriend

in the show/movies a partner is never shown, and there's only really one overt mention of sex, and it's possibly a joke

also batou has confusing feelings for her in the show, but it's never outright stated

Wait, those weren't her partners?

How many versions of the characters have been done since the series began?

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Mostly what I remember from a Wrinkle in Time was
    the bad guy being a giant brain.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I feel like I should've seen Creed on the basis of its hip-hop artists alone

also Straight Outta Compton

I'll figure out some way to watch those in the future

This discussion has been closed.