As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

a single train for [chat]

19596979899101»

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Ludious, you also save scum so you are obviously lower than an eel in a bucket of snot

why would you not save often and reload often to get the desired outcome for your gaming experience

I do not understand

There is a challenge in restricting your options to see if you can succeed.

Not everybody likes doing this.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    *Watches Hakks load up her Imgur Gallery of Umaru gifs*

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    week 2 of reading the news in spanish

if I could find a decent god damn web extension it would make this process go a lot faster

Hola Podlito

• Options
    SqueakelSqueakel Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Spool shouldn't your child be in school learning his sums and making papa some ROI

I'm already out of school, senior year is far to easy...

Thresh, Alistar, and Janna supporting is best!
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    why wouldn't you choose the most powerful spec for a combat based game

I don't understand.

You're like those people that play castelvania with no upgrades and a fishing pole

Because a pure magic build is not fun. It's boring. You walk up and shoot beams at the guy and he runs at you but it's too late, he's dead. Repeat ad nauseum.

Until you get to the inevitable boss or group of enemies that's immune or highly resistant to magic and suddenly the game is nearly impossible.

The easiest way to play a souls game is probably slowly plinking everything to death with arrows or magic the whole way through, but why bother?

I sneaked through the entirety of skyrim and only used my bow

so

Yes, but Skyrim has dialogue and exploration and stories and etc. And the combat gameplay is not very good.

Souls games are generally only fun to the extent that the combat is fun to engage with. That extra stuff isn't really the focus (aside from exploration, I suppose). Make it too easy and there seems little point in playing it.

To me this is almost like saying "why wouldn't you play every game on the easiest difficulty? It's the most efficient way to beat it."

no no no

the game should start out hard but it is absolutely thrilling to get a spec/build that completely breaks combat and have that moment where you go "I am a god among ants"

and then you stomp ants for like 20 hours
    This totally happens in Dark Souls, but it's not the spec/build that does this. It's your mind leveling up from experience from playing the game. What was once hard is now easy, not because of your in-game stats, but because of knowledge inside your head.

That's the main appeal of Dark Souls and other similar games for me. The level ups occur inside you.

Yeah

DS1 especially they didn't really change much in NG+. So you load it up and woahhhhhhhhhhh. It took me 10 hours to ring that bell last time! Now I did it in 30 minutes wtf???!?

iknowkungfu.gif

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Spool shouldn't your child be in school learning his sums and making papa some ROI

Is that scrub posting from his phone at school?

@Squeakel don't get caught! hahaha

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    it was the same when the paris attack happened and a bunch of people went "THEN WHY AREN'T YOU UPSET ABOUT THESE OTHER ATROCITIES" and starting listing out other tragedies to show how worldly they are and how other people are just liberal media sheeple

some halfway well known guy here posted a great rebuttal to that that was, basically, we're allowed to feel something extra hard when it hits closer to us. The people I know who did post about the other tragedies that were "forgotten" were exactly who you'd suspect of doing it - socially conscious leftist feminists. First time I felt annoyed at them, their argument would have had a leg to stand on had they shared something about said tragedies before.

those people who changed their profile picture to the lebanon flag just to be contrarian when they more than likely had no fucking clue what the lebanon flag was before paris can fuck right off

stains
    Time for you to add some edge to your comedy. I think theres a joke in there. Get on that.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    First result for "Anime Air Siren" on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ct4w4aYWdc

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Ludious, you also save scum so you are obviously lower than an eel in a bucket of snot

why would you not save often and reload often to get the desired outcome for your gaming experience

I do not understand
    Well, for one thing, if you did that in XCOM, it wouldn't work. It uses a random seed value. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    a
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Grindr is for hookups and that was part of the idea. Though that has changed a bit over time.

Tindr was kind of the idea for straight people. But it is more like a singles bar with less booze or sleeziness sometimes. Though recent stuff showed otherwise. But I have a date from tindr tonight and it is a normal first date not let's just hookup.

Though I did miss a hookup chance two weeks ago just due to having to work the next day and not being in DC.

Also a new one out. Bumble. Same idea as tindr. But the lady has to message first.

Just looked at bumble, all the reviews are "lol women are terrible at this because they have never had to put in effort", "women dont use this", and "its all just bots".

Then women reviewers going "uhg this just makes me feel rejected when I dont get a reply!" Yeeeeeeeeees welcome to how men have felt forever about dating because everything about it is terrible!

I installed it anyways, requires facebook, whelp *uninstall*

you're right it's about time women get taken to task vis-a-vis dating

I really consider it a great equalizer. I am signing up for facebook right now just so I can make an account that doesn't respond to camgirl bots.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    It has begun
    293727-r73.jpg

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Squeakel wrote: »

I'm already out of school, senior year is far to easy...

aw shit playing hooky dogg

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Squeakel wrote: »
    Man are they EVER going to make another Monster Hunter game for the Playstation?

Like, I LOVE some monster hunter, but not on handhelds. I want my 1080p 4 player epic monster hunts with full voice chat.

I miss it SO much. I also miss Resident Evil: Online, which was WAY ahead of its time.

I don't think so, I believe Nintendo owns Monster Hunter now so they'll keep it on their platforms(3ds & WiiU)

Nintendo of America has been putting out MH games, but in Japan they're made more frequently and the last generation was on 360 and PS3.

I still don't know why those don't get ported over here.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 3

@Thomamelas will create the new thread
    @P10 is backup

This discussion has been closed.