As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

a single train for [chat]

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    With a low-carb diet, I can have, like, one Taco Bell hard shell taco and still maintain my carb budget. :( Luckily, the closest Taco Bell is also a KFC. KFC has grilled chicken (which has almost zero carbs), so I can still get a filling meal along with a single taco, if I ever crave Taco Bell.

If you're going to be sad anyway you may as well eat plants, dude.
    Nah, when you have an unexplainable craving for a Taco Bell taco, then you actually end up being quite happy when you can finally eat one. I can't say that it's healthy or anything, but it makes me happy.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    The Powerball sign across the street just updated to $900m. That is a ridiculous amount of money that the government will take 48% of.

nibXTE7.png
  • MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    tumblr_nz2my2YmyL1qjnhqgo1_500.png

He raises a valid point

Baja blast is terrible!

Here are all the really good things I've had at Taco Bell:

1) Snapple lemonade freeze thing (discontinued early last year)

2) Their spicy grillers (discontinued late last year)

3) Their diablo sauce, which makes almost anything actually good (discontinued late last year)

.....I don't really eat there anymore

So you're just abandoning your folks is what you're saying

You shameful arriviste

When I was down and barely able to afford food, was Taco Bell there for me?

No, they charged me to eat what is essentially livestock feed!

Sadly livestock feed might not be that bad health-wise in comparison to other fast food.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    With a low-carb diet, I can have, like, one Taco Bell hard shell taco and still maintain my carb budget. :( Luckily, the closest Taco Bell is also a KFC. KFC has grilled chicken (which has almost zero carbs), so I can still get a filling meal along with a single taco, if I ever crave Taco Bell.

there may be plants involved with the chicken

does kfc even sell veggies? idk

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Variable wrote: »

there may be plants involved with the chicken

does kfc even sell veggies? idk

They sell a grayish mush that was formerly string beans.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    MrAnthropy wrote: »

He raises a valid point

Baja blast is terrible!

3) Their diablo sauce, which makes almost anything actually good (discontinued late last year)

You shameful arriviste

Sadly livestock feed might not be that bad health-wise in comparison to other fast food.

It's all in how it's prepared, really

I dunno if my frail human digestive system can work on a lot of harsher stuff

Also MrA what is the proper time to wait after a mediocre date with an interesting person to ask for a second

This question is important

(I pretty much just don't want to instantly be like LET'S DO A THING but fuck waiting three days)

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @Belasco32 the apple oil came and it smells amazing, I think you'll be really happy with it

• MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    @skippydumptruck I will let you know if I find any board game or tabletop meet ups that are somewhere between us. I am out in the NE, so I'd imagine there is something. Prolly wouldn't be until sometime in March though because of all these sassafrassin regulatory deadlines we have to meet at work.

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    The Powerball sign across the street just updated to $900m. That is a ridiculous amount of money that the government will take 48% of.

is not the lottery simply a tax for fools

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    What if

You don't tell the gubmint you won the lottery

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    6QpiNSr.jpg

Orphane wrote: »

I think at this point taking the annuity option and investing wisely plus protecting your tax burden, if you bought every single possible ticket number, in 30 years you'd come out slightly ahead financially.

This assuming no one else buys a winning ticket and you have to split it of course. Then you're out like $300m.

nibXTE7.png
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

Yeah but isn't that like $450m left over?

Still a lot of scratch man

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Did you guys know that there are people who don't put chips on their sandwiches? What a time to be alive

The cash option was $496m when the total was $800m. You lose about 39% of that to federal then another 10% give or take to state. So you're left with a paltry $255m or so. Hardly worth it!

nibXTE7.png
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

The cash option was $496m when the total was $800m. You lose about 39% of that to federal then another 10% give or take to state. So you're left with a paltry $255m or so. Hardly worth it!

*adjusts monocle*

Quite!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I don't get out of bed for less than $250m

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited January 2016

He raises a valid point

Baja blast is terrible!

You shameful arriviste

Also MrA what is the proper time to wait after a mediocre date with an interesting person to ask for a second

(I pretty much just don't want to instantly be like LET'S DO A THING but fuck waiting three days)

Well, if you want to ask for a second date, I say just go ahead and ask. Weird social rules with no obvious purpose are weird.

Btw - I asked my wife for a consult and she began asking for all the details. She said that if the last date was mediocre due to convo lulls or something to try to find something for the second one that did not require talking. This was immediately followed by "That is not what I meant!"

MsAnthropy on

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Just take over a federal wildlife preserve and tell them to come get the taxes if they want it. They will let you build a mansion and everything while they ask you nicely to leave. Oh but be white

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    6QpiNSr.jpg

My aunt was on Weight Watchers, and she also turned into MC Ride.

I ate an engineer
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    The Americans is really good

He raises a valid point

Baja blast is terrible!

You shameful arriviste

Well, if you want to ask for a second date, I say just go ahead and ask.

Btw - I asked my wife for a consult and she began asking for all the details. She said that if the last date was mediocre due to convo lulls or something to try to find something for the second one that did not require talking. This was immediately followed by "That is not what I meant!"

Ok got it date at a brothel

Yeah I was thinking that too, but that is predicated on her wanting a second. If she does, I'll think of something more active.

I'll ask in a bit, right now I am fiddling with a computer. Thanks!

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't get out of bed for less than $250m

whose bed

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    YES

https://youtu.be/W55b4BcCPM4

if you like misuse of firecrackersworks, click this video

desc on
    I'd rather keep the weight and just continue being Rick Ross.

nibXTE7.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    The Americans is really good

So good

A minor quibble, sir desc, a sparkler is a firework not a firecracker

I'd rather keep the weight and just continue being Rick Ross.

Get got

I ate an engineer
    Firecrackers, you see, can hold federal land hostage without penalty.

edited January 2016

He raises a valid point

Baja blast is terrible!

You shameful arriviste

Yeah I was thinking that too, but that is predicated on her wanting a second. If she does, I'll think of something more active.

Other comments/questions from the consult:
    "What does she mean by interesting?"
    "Is the other girl hot?"
    "If so, she should just ask."
    "If not, maybe just join a book club together."

MsAnthropy on

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    RFZcJfK.png

Whelp, New Lock Screen concept more or less finished!

What do ya guys think?

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    6QpiNSr.jpg

if that's the same guy why are the tattoos completely different?

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    6QpiNSr.jpg

thatsthejoke.gif

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    YES
    if you like misuse of firecrackers, click this video

Those are sparklers, not firecrackers

Also
    with me was cheerful nephew and sad companion

I kind of think I would have parked slightly further away

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    oh dear my poor lady friend
    I got her set up on her new phone and everything and she was trying to text someone last night and they weren't responding
    So she's like going off on them in our morning group text and they're like .."are you sure it didn't select my house number instead of my mobile number"

And everything goes quiet

Bless your heart.
    I am so glad I am not in the dating game because these silly rules about waiting an arbitrary amount of time to contact someone you liked is preposterous. If reading a text the next day from someone you went on a date with scares you off then, man I dunno, I feel like you have other issues you need to work on?

6QpiNSr.jpg

The one on the left is Rick Ross. The one on the right is (MC) Ride.

I ate an engineer
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I want that cat.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies

He raises a valid point

Baja blast is terrible!

You shameful arriviste

Other comments/questions from the consult:
    "What does she mean by interesting?"
    "Is the other girl hot?"
    "If so, she should just ask."
    "If not, maybe just join a book club together."

1) your wife is amazing

2) I dunno, I am intrigued by her. She is another science person, though she HAS her PhD and has become burned out by the same things I have, so that's... neat. She lives on a boat with cats, which is part of the interesting. She's just a peculiar person and I want to spend more time with her.

3) I dunno if hot is the right word but she definitely has some attractive pull to me. She has a really cute face and a really really cute half smile she does that I want to see more of.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    6QpiNSr.jpg

The one on the left is Rick Ross. The one on the right is (MC) Ride.

i seeeeeee

my knowledge of famous people has failed me

This discussion has been closed.