So there's a particularly annoying/tedious task at work that requires pulling identical annual budget reports for all of the departments within the (large) organization. I'm trying to see if there's some way to save time by automating the process. Here's a screenshot of the UI the end-user is looking at, in a browser window:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2XtosRxoSm7VEhJLWFkTGVmTDA/view?usp=sharing
The work basically involves changing only the "Department" and "Fund Type" fields, and saving the reports as PDFs (an option under "Actions" in the upper-left). The major slowdown is whenever you have to change "Fund Type"; it takes roughly five seconds to reload every time you do, and you end up having to do this dozens of times to get all the reports you need.
Is there some way to automate this? In short, the task is to:
- Pull up a pre-determined group of departments (in the "Department" field);
- Choose the first fund type (under "Fund Type");
- Save the resulting report as a PDF;
- Switch the fund type to a second type;
- And then download that PDF as well.
The process repeats for roughly 30 different departments.
Any ideas? Is this even possible?