Options

[Bloodborne] "Behold! A Paleblood sky!"

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    If you are hitting them in the bloodsack they're stunlocked and wont do the donkey kick or anything else. The beast claws one handed r1's can't stun them at all, they ignore it. R1's in their blood sack from behind staggered them to death with every hit. It took an entire stamina bar to kill one, and it never did anything but go oof ow argh no please help me mommy. So no, I never saw this donkey kick, cos they were stunlocked.
    I thought we were talking about the cainhurst ones?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the ones with the fat blood sacs never do anything. they can't move.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If you are hitting them in the bloodsack they're stunlocked and wont do the donkey kick or anything else. The beast claws one handed r1's can't stun them at all, they ignore it. R1's in their blood sack staggered them to death with every hit. So no, I never saw this donkey kick, cos they were stunlocked.

We are, but you mentioned the DLC ones

You also mentioned a spitting attack, which I'm pretty sure the DLC ones do and the Cainhurst ones do not

So I just assumed you were thinking they are the same enemy because they look the same

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Elendil wrote: »
    the ones with the fat blood sacs never do anything. they can't move.

I know, it was a normal one. They've all got blood sacks, its a weak point.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Maddoc wrote: »
    If you are hitting them in the bloodsack they're stunlocked and wont do the donkey kick or anything else. The beast claws one handed r1's can't stun them at all, they ignore it. R1's in their blood sack staggered them to death with every hit. So no, I never saw this donkey kick, cos they were stunlocked.

We are, but you mentioned the DLC ones

You also mentioned a spitting attack, which I'm pretty sure the DLC ones do and the Cainhurst ones do not

So I just assumed you were thinking they are the same enemy because they look the same

I thought I remembered seeing a cainhurst one spit, but because they look the same, I might have just mixed that up.
    But everything I'm talking about with fighting them other than the spit was taken from memories of cainhurst. Lots of snow. Big castle. Whacking em in the behind with da claws. Stunning them with heavy attacks.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Oh yeah, you also forgot their frontal claw slashes, which is far more likely to cause death than the big slam attacks because of how fast it comes out

But hey, whatever man, you had no trouble with them and that's super cool

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Oh yeah, you also forgot their frontal claw slashes, which is far more likely to cause death than the big slam attacks because of how fast it comes out

But hey, whatever man, you had no trouble with them and that's super cool

I was talking about the slashes. Each slash is part of a long combo that has a very long pause in between. I never saw them do a big slam attack? I fought them a lot, cleared them all out several times. You talking about the leap? I might have forgotten it.

But yeah, I mean, sometimes I just have no trouble with stuff that lots of other people do, I can totally dig that this might be one of those times. That happens to me too! Reynolds has creamed shit I never thought was easy. Houn has one shot bosses that took me several gos. We're all different. I don't meant to insinsuate there's anything wrong with anyone who has trouble fighting them.

Sometimes my differences in experience are so different it takes me by surprise that's all. This is one of those times. I was just kinda shocked.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    https://youtu.be/V9HdkeeDhcM?t=35s

If the timestamp thing doesn't work, it's at thirty five seconds

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    you guys are right, the DLC ones are different from the Cainhurst ones, aren't they

the Cainhurst ones are much more aggressive and resilient, it seems

• Options
    edited January 2016
    https://youtu.be/V9HdkeeDhcM?t=35s

If the timestamp thing doesn't work, it's at thirty five seconds

I see. I never saw the fast slashes. I might have seen the stamps, but they look close enough to the normal speed slashes I probably just mixed them up. The strategy is the same though dash to their side and slightly behind, wail on the blood sack.
    Never saw that mule kick ever.

The beast claw l2's can stun them even from the front so I used a combination of that and lighter slashes to finish them most of the time just because it was easier. Whenever I ended up behind one I just wailed on it with r1's which would stagger it to death.

Ludwig was just l2 all day every day. They never had a chance.

Oh well I am going to do a lot more characters, I'm sure they've got plenty of chances to make it on my shit list when I go in there with something light.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    The DLC ones are giant pushovers that barely know how to attack. The ones in cainhurst are pretty much the worst thing in the game other than multiple brainsuckers. And spiders. Fuck spiders.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I too hate brainsuckers.

I had this one brainsucker that hit me over and over and over and over with its fucking stun. Each time I'd step around the corner, heal up, and try to come back, and it'd hit me again.

Eventually I just waited around the corner, but then he didn't fucking come around! We're both just waiting!

I don't remember how I got him in the end but yeah fuck those guys.

Fuck spiders too. I've got enough experience that I can dodge through multiple reds in chalices to get at the bell lady, but that ability was the result of a lot of deaths.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I only lost a few Insight on my most recent play through

But my first time through the Upper Cathedral

God fucking damnit, I lost like thirty or forty insight, I was so angry I had to stop playing for awhile and come back to it

• Options
    the brainsuckers have straight up super armor when they use their attacks

if they decide to attack you mid-combo there isn't a good goddamn thing you can do about it

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Also.

Fuck fish giants.

I only killed the one you have to fight to get to the second lamp by backing away from it as far as physically possible and waiting for it to do its slide then shooting it in the face for a visceral. I couldn't work out the parry timing for any other attack, so as soon as I did the visceral I ran allllll the way to the other side of where we were fighting and waited for it to do it again.

Morninglord on
  • Options

if they decide to attack you mid-combo there isn't a good goddamn thing you can do about it

is that weapon specific? Cos ludwig and beastclaws both stun them to death and I saw them trying to do stuff in between each stagger.

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Everything seems easier with Ludwigs because it has such insane poise damage. Blood ticks are very easy if you do high poise damage. Each attack stuns them long enough to follow up for the next. They're pretty tricky with a fast attack weapon with weak hit-stun though. You really have to focus on circling them and hitting them from the side. Which works great! But they can hunt in packs in Cainhurst and trying to circle two+ enemies is very difficult. That's where sweeping Ludwig style attacks just trivialize everything.

I thought cainhurst ticks were pretty easy. I first encountered them on my second character who was a quality Ludwigs and sort of just smashed them to pieces. Then I came back on a lesser leveled arcane character that used a fire-saw spear. They killed the shit out of me.

It's almost a shame that weapon upgrade resources are so tight in Bloodborne. I suppose stats would lock out a lot of weapons but like... there are certainly enemies that bend and break against certain attack styles. Yet most of the time you're confined to one, maybe two primary weapons just because of bloodstone shortage. Flexibility ain't cheap.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options

is that weapon specific? Cos ludwig and beastclaws both stun them to death and I saw them trying to do stuff in between each stagger.
    it's specifically the grabs and magic, probably

they do have a melee combo, but i'm not sure if it has armor on start-up. but the grabs can plow through anything.

• Options
    edited January 2016

it's specifically the grabs and magic, probably

they do have a melee combo, but i'm not sure if it has armor on start-up. but the grabs can plow through anything.

another thing ive never seen

i await the time they decide to grab me in the middle of my beast claw combo with relish

the rage, it shall be delicious

Morninglord on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Everything seems easier with Ludwigs because it has such insane poise damage. Blood ticks are very easy if you do high poise damage. Each attack stuns them long enough to follow up for the next. They're pretty tricky with a fast attack weapon with weak hit-stun though. You really have to focus on circling them and hitting them from the side. Which works great! But they can hunt in packs in Cainhurst and trying to circle two+ enemies is very difficult. That's where sweeping Ludwig style attacks just trivialize everything.

I thought cainhurst ticks were pretty easy. I first encountered them on my second character who was a quality Ludwigs and sort of just smashed them to pieces. Then I came back on a lesser leveled arcane character that used a fire-saw spear. They killed the shit out of me.

It's almost a shame that weapon upgrade resources are so tight in Bloodborne. I suppose stats would lock out a lot of weapons but like... there are certainly enemies that bend and break against certain attack styles. Yet most of the time you're confined to one, maybe two primary weapons just because of bloodstone shortage. Flexibility ain't cheap.

I fought them twice, and the second time was with beast claws, which doesn't stun them with r1's and has much shorter range attacks. It does stun them with l2 though. But yeah, that's when I learnt you could stagger them infinitely in the blood sack. Cos they flat out ignored Beast Claw R1's, but R1's in the blood sack staggered for days.

Morninglord on
  • Options

wot

he even got hit by the werewolf at the same time as you

• Options

wot

there isn't any friendly fire*, so that was my blade hitting him the precise moment he did the thing

*mostly

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular

God fucking damnit, I lost like thirty or forty insight, I was so angry I had to stop playing for awhile and come back to it

Is losing insight a big deal? I thought lower insight made you more resistant to certain types of damage?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I am using Ludwig's and I found the cainhurst bloodsuckers to be awful... what does that say about me?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options

Is losing insight a big deal? I thought lower insight made you more resistant to certain types of damage?

It's used to buy shit, but also I mentioned how much insight I lost the illustrate just how many times those fuckers got me

• Options
    edited January 2016

wot

there isn't any friendly fire*, so that was my blade hitting him the precise moment he did the thing

*mostly

I thought certain enemies could hit each other.

I just figured kin and beasts wouldn't like each other.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I am using Ludwig's and I found the cainhurst bloodsuckers to be awful... what does that say about me?

hittem with the l2!

and the r1!

and like

all the moves that stun them for days!

honestly though they were still killed me a couple of times just because i didnt know their attacks.
    but once you got em down ludwig can kill them very easily

• Options

wot

*mostly

there's the scripted ones in the DLC, and beast-possessed souls and pigs are naturally belligerent to everybody else (i think), but that's about it without shaman bone blades

• Options
    edited January 2016

wot

*mostly

there's the scripted ones in the DLC, and beast-possessed souls and pigs are naturally belligerent to everybody else (i think), but that's about it without shaman bone blades

hehehe i got a video to show you but i dont wanna spoil it

its not a counter point or anything, its just a funny video that is really relevant

lemme grab it off the ps4

Morninglord on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

wot

*mostly

This is actually an interesting lore question.

Why aren't all these things fighting amongst themselves?

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Because the skies and the cosmos are one

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    @Blackbeard7 Like I said before, use what weapons you enjoy. Hunter's Axe is notorious for its R2 charge "spin to win," but you're always going to do better with weapons you like long term. Also, when it comes to fighting kidnappers, be aware that once they take 30% damage or so they're always going to stop and do their scream powerup buff, which gives you ample time to move behind them and get a free full R2 charge into visceral. At that point they'll be dead or near enough that you can finish them as they're getting up off the floor.

yeah i figured this out while farming the area a little bit

waiting to just shoot them also seemed to work after the enrage since they give you more opportunities to counter

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

wot

*mostly

I don't think there is any explanation, any more than there is for everything coming back to life when you take a lamp

It was all a dreeeeeaaaaam

• Options
    how do i fiddle with gestures and messenger hats

I've acquired a few but I don't recall if it mentioned how or not when I started

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    gestures are the left half of the touchpad; the messenger hats are used at the tree stump behind the workshop in the dream

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    how do i fiddle with gestures and messenger hats

I've acquired a few but I don't recall if it mentioned how or not when I started

You can swap gestures around from the gesture menu (press the left-side of the touch pad). For messenger hats, hit the Hunter's Dream and walk around the left side of the house, there's a little stump you can interact with there.

• Options
    oh ok cool

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Houn wrote: »

wot

*mostly

I don't think there is any explanation, any more than there is for everything coming back to life when you take a lamp

It was all a dreeeeeaaaaam

It's more complicated than that.
    Lovecrafts Dreamlands are a real place. You are having real effects on the world. However you are a special hunter trapped in a special Dreamlands that lets you respawn from lamps. Eileen and Djura, they're both ex "hunters Dream" hunters. When Eileen kills you, she says "Do you still dream? Say hello to the little doll for me."
    If you kill them in your dream version of reality, they die for real. They're basically disconnected from whatever keeps the normal enemies respawning. They were awakened.
    The normal humans in the game also don't respawn. Civvies.

It's a dream that can warp reality. Similar to how getting insight causes enemies to spawn that weren't there, or see things that were there the whole time.

Remember the password guy to the forest? He spoke to you.

"Already dead"

So who let you in?

Morninglord on
  • Options