As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Bloodborne] "Behold! A Paleblood sky!"

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    A lot of that difficulty comes from the fact that the player doesn't start the game with ability to level or is even told how to activate it, which means they get chucked into the deep end and a cement truck dropped on top of them. Taking things slow and steady is the easiest way to waste time there, but it's also EXACTLY what the devs encourage the player to do because of how easy it is to die there.

If you know where to go, you can run through to activate what you need within a few minutes. If it's your first time, fighting up to that point can be hours of careful effort with nothing more to show for it than that you can finally level up now. It's not a particularly well-designed approach for the start of the game, since Bloodborne plays much more aggressively than the Souls games and yet starts out by encouraging you to play hyper-conservatively.

Ninja Snarl P on
    KalnaurReynolds
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was exceedingly aggravated with Bloodborne at the start. It was my very first Souls game, and the learning curve was pretty severe, and it really made me mad.

But the world was so beautiful, and the gameplay and combat were compelling enough that I persevered, and that is honestly one of the most rewarding video game experiences I've ever had.

I would put Bloodborne on my "Top 5" list of PS4 games easily, and it's a "must play" recommendation for all of my friends. I gush about it a lot.

And to me, I find the Gothic setting, mixed with lycanthropy, blood magic, and other stuff to be an extremely compelling setting.

Not only is Bloodborne one of my favorite games from a gameplay and fun value standpoint, but it's also one of my favorite video game universes.

I'm dying to get a Bloodborne 2 just because I'd love to revisit that setting.

The game doesn't need to be set in Yarnham or anything. Put it somewhere else. Tell another tale of the world with some new locations, but with the same dark vibe.

ArmorocReynolds
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    It's going to be a while for Bloodborne 2. E3 revealed that From Software's next game is a Souls-like set in magic fantasy feudal Japan where you play a Samurai with a grappling hook and even faster combat than BB.

Plus Metal Wolf Chaos remastered!!!!

Armoroc
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    The beginning of Bloodborne forces you to learn how the game works without the opportunity to brute-force your way through by grinding levels. Gotta level yourself up before you level your character up.

It might be a tad too severe though.

Reynolds
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I just finished a second full boss clear the other day (first played last spring), and I think this is going to be an annual thing for me.

My four part goal was to build a waste of skin, use tools, main Holy Moonlight Sword, and see how much faster I'd clear all bosses. I had a lot of fun with augur and the eye, and while the sword took some getting used to it was so satisfying to use. It obliterated bosses where I could freely use the trick mode, saving me a lot of time on Lawrence, Mergo's, and Ebrietas.

It's odd to say but the highlight was getting Orphan down to the tiniest sliver of hp, watching a blacksky eye shot whiz right over his shoulder... only for me to die right after and turn to see my wife's mouth agape.

Next year I'm thinking Threaded Cane.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • gaming_librariangaming_librarian Turn your face to the sun... Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    In the Souls/Bloodborne games, anything physical stays with you on death.

That means your equipment, weapons, items and anything that goes into an inventory space.

In Bloodborne potions do not replenish automatically, they must be purchased or farmed from enemies.

The main thing that you never get to keep is your Souls/Echoes when in what they call "Soft" currency form. Soft Souls are the raw number on your screen. (Echoes in Bloodborne.) If you die, your running souls that you have found will be dropped and can be recovered if you don't die again. If you die without recovery, they are lost forever.

These games also have items which are called "Hard" currency. These are items that go into your interface, and when you use the item it gives you souls. Hold on to these Hard currency items and only use them when you're at a lantern. If you use them and then run out and die, they can be lost just other Souls/Echoes.

So basically, anything physical you keep, anything not physical (i.e. Souls/Echoes) are dropped on death.
    Hey thanks for the info! Clarification though please: as a "soft" currency, the echoes I've gotten, you're saying those only stay with me and "save" when I hit a lantern and enter the Dream? Or, if I have several echoes, then just exit the game via the settings option to do so, next time I login will the echoes still be there? Example, I was running around Central Yharnam last night, collected around 3,0000 souls, then exited the game via settings. I had not visited a lantern since accumulating those 3,000 or so echoes. Does that mean they are gone since they are not a hard currency? I'm ok with the difficulty thus far, but only if I feel I have a good snese of what saves when and how. Thanks!

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    you keep your echoes until you lose them or spend them.

the "hard" ones are just items that can be used to gain echoes. they're items, so they can't be lost until they're used.

Kalnaur
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    In the Souls/Bloodborne games, anything physical stays with you on death.

That means your equipment, weapons, items and anything that goes into an inventory space.

In Bloodborne potions do not replenish automatically, they must be purchased or farmed from enemies.

The main thing that you never get to keep is your Souls/Echoes when in what they call "Soft" currency form. Soft Souls are the raw number on your screen. (Echoes in Bloodborne.) If you die, your running souls that you have found will be dropped and can be recovered if you don't die again. If you die without recovery, they are lost forever.

These games also have items which are called "Hard" currency. These are items that go into your interface, and when you use the item it gives you souls. Hold on to these Hard currency items and only use them when you're at a lantern. If you use them and then run out and die, they can be lost just other Souls/Echoes.

So basically, anything physical you keep, anything not physical (i.e. Souls/Echoes) are dropped on death.
    Hey thanks for the info! Clarification though please: as a "soft" currency, the echoes I've gotten, you're saying those only stay with me and "save" when I hit a lantern and enter the Dream? Or, if I have several echoes, then just exit the game via the settings option to do so, next time I login will the echoes still be there? Example, I was running around Central Yharnam last night, collected around 3,0000 souls, then exited the game via settings. I had not visited a lantern since accumulating those 3,000 or so echoes. Does that mean they are gone since they are not a hard currency? I'm ok with the difficulty thus far, but only if I feel I have a good snese of what saves when and how. Thanks!

You're fine, you can quit the game and pick back up where you left off at any point. Quitting is the closest thing Bloodborne has to a pause button.

• l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    The beginning of Bloodborne forces you to learn how the game works without the opportunity to brute-force your way through by grinding levels. Gotta level yourself up before you level your character up.

It might be a tad too severe though.

It's hard even by Souls standards, so I think it's pretty damn hard.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    KalnaurReynolds
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I liked Bloodborne a lot but I hope that it and DS3 aren't a trend of them going further and further with the difficulty. I don't want to get skilled out of what has become my favorite series/genre.

Bloodborne's DLC was already too hard for me.

Aistan on
    Kalnaur
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I liked Bloodborne a lot but I hope that it and DS3 aren't a trend of them going further and further with the difficulty. I don't want to get skilled out of what has become my favorite series/genre.

I actually thought DS3 was the least difficult of the 4 Souls games. Bloodborne's greatest difficulty for me was getting into a parrying mindset as I never parry in DS. Although I didn't think the stock game of BB was any harder than the others, yeah that DLC was a huge spike in difficulty.

steam_sig.png
    Kevin Crist
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »

I actually thought DS3 was the least difficult of the 4 Souls games. Bloodborne's greatest difficulty for me was getting into a parrying mindset as I never parry in DS. Although I didn't think the stock game of BB was any harder than the others, yeah that DLC was a huge spike in difficulty.

The challenge I faced in Bloodborne is that the beginning teaches you to be super-conservative and the rest of the game does the opposite so you have to un-learn the intro lessons, and also treating parrying as a precision move like in a Souls game instead of something safely spammable against virtually any enemy you can parry. Once I figured out to be aggressive and that it was dead easy to spam pistol shots for easy parrying, the challenge went down quite a bit.

I also found DS3 to be the less challenging of the group, but that's because I played DS1 and Bloodborne immediately before it so there wasn't a surprise in the change. DS2 I didn't consider to be difficult anywhere near as much as I consider it just badly designed, nearly all of my aggravation in that game came not from learning to fight but from repeated stupid design choices.

KalnaurArmorocnever die
  • gaming_librariangaming_librarian Turn your face to the sun... Registered User regular
    Speaking of parry, how does one do that? What is "the right time" i see reference to in the games' brief tutorial messages regarding combat. Is there a tell for all enemies as to when to use your firearm to stun things?

edited June 2018
    Speaking of parry, how does one do that? What is "the right time" i see reference to in the games' brief tutorial messages regarding combat. Is there a tell for all enemies as to when to use your firearm to stun things?

There's a variable window to parry enemies, and the bullet has to land in that window (if you parry at the moment where you think the window is, it's already too late because of the parry animation and bullet travel time; you have to parry before the window). There will then be a loud sound effect and the enemy will obviously, but very briefly, stagger. At that point, you have to be right up next to them and press nothing but the regular attack button (pressing a direction at the same time as the attack can screw it up). You will then lock into a critical hit animation, or a "visceral attack" as the game calls them.

There really isn't an obvious tell for most enemies (like a flash or icon or anything) or even that a given enemy can be parried (most can, but not all), but since parrying is done with a gun, you can stand back a little bit a spam shots every time the enemy makes an attack, the only limit is bullets. It's sort of the tradeoff for the fact that most enemies have huge attack ranges, as parrying can obviously only be done against an attacking enemy.

For a tooooon of the combat in the game, parrying isn't worth your time, it's faster and easier to get in, mash attack, dodge when needed, and repeat. When runes unlock down the line, you can get runes that restore health from landing visceral attacks (which is the attack you get after landing a parry) so you can start doing things like getting some temp blood bullets, then getting your health back from parrying an easy enemy. Adds variety, but entirely non-essential.

Ninja Snarl P on
    It's basically right before they hit you, so the parry window is gonna change slightly from enemy to enemy, and attack to attack. Big windup moves with a huge tell are gonna be easier to parry than some of the quick attacks.

But basically you just need to have fast reflexes and hit the parry button while they are mid-animation on the attack.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    IMO parrying in bloodborne isn't worth it. The enemies that are susceptible to it are better dealt with by being aggressive, the enemies where you really want to use it feel like they're inconsistent with whether a given attack can be parried or not.

Ah_Pook
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Later on if you equip runes (or whatever they are called) to regen health off visceral attacks it becomes incredibly worth it to help mitigate blood vial usage.

actually, parrying is good

ArmorocRainfall
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I actually did parry that boss. In pretty much the same way this guy does. The parry windows are just too delicious. Delicious and baitable.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I find parrying much easier via the blunderbuss, because of the scattershot.

That said, they gotta be pretty close for it to work reliably, but since most of the BB combat is up close . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

Is there a cap to stats/weapon upgrades? Like, I'm still early (just beat Cleric Beast last night and now I get it this game is awesome, one of us, one of us, etc. so on and so forth), and I've upgraded strength to about 20, vitality to about 14 or 15, a point in stamina I think, and I was able to upgrade my saw cleaver to +1 I think. Is there a general cap I should be shooting for to know I'm "ready" for certain parts of the game? I really dig the saw cleaver and blunderbuss combo, and I plan on sticking to that for the whole game is possible. I got a saw spear drop from an enemy in the sewers last night, so not sure what to do with that. Should I focus on upgrading one weapon and firearm, or mix it up? While I'm getting the concept of the systems a bit better as I play, I'm still not quite sure how frequent/easy it will be to gain echoes and upgrade points as I progress, so I don't want to waste them.

Also, anyone care to clarify what Insight does? Do I spend this as a currency? I think I bought a bell once? What does it do? Thanks all! I love this freakin' game now.

Insight is a bit vague. Basically, once you hit a certain insight threshhold, you will begin seeing extra details in the game world that you won't otherwise see.

It also increases your chance to frenzy. So it's kind of a double edged sword. It lets you see the game world in its "true form" but you might also randomly Frenzy, which does a huge chunk of your health and is most likely fatal when it happens.

gaming_librarian
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    RE: Upgrade Caps — Stats have a soft cap in terms of the benefit they provide (usually ~40), and they have a max of 99, which you won't realistically ever hit on a single playthrough. Much of your character progression should be in tune with the weapons you use, as you want to improve the stats by which your weapon strength scales, and doing so can then restrict the weapons you'll likely take advantage of on a given run. But understand that your eventual mastery of the gameplay systems can easily overcome non-optimized build-decisions, so don't feel like changing weapons on a whim is problematic.

RE: Weapon Upgrades — Weapons go up to +10, with the final upgrade material being very limited in a given playthrough. That said, I think the materials to get weapons to +9 are unlimited, so don't be very concerned about spreading materials out to try different weapons.

Re: Insight — Besides the game modifying qualities that Lucas described, Insight is also the currency used to enable co-op (using the bells) and can be spent at Insight Vendor at the Hunter's Dream (sort of located on a window sill above the Blood Echo Vendor). Both vendors have their inventories expend as you beat bosses and advance in the story, with the Insight Vendor selling a lot of rare consumables and cool cosmetics.

gaming_librarian
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    You don't normally need to worry about upgrading your firearms with most builds. For your first playthrough I'd say stick to the Saw Cleaver as your main weapon, prioritizing its upgrades. Then just rotate through whatever other cool weapons you find and want to play around with. That way you always have that Cleaver as high as you can get it, ready to bail you out on a hard boss or something. The Saw Spear is good for that thrust attack. And the Kirkhammer and Ludwig's Holy Blade are good early game weapons as well.

For stats, Vitality and Endurance are really good at the start. Then once you've settled on a weapon, and have it at around +3 or so, start pumping the associated stat. Which is Strength for most weapons. There's a good item you get later in the game that requires 15 Arcane to use, but lets you turn bullets into a temp damage buff. So I recommend throwing in those points later, if you can spare them.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    gaming_librarianMcMoogle
    Thanks for the input, guys, it really helps. It's been said in this thread before, but once you start landing parries and visceral attacks, this game achieves the "make you feel like a boss" moments very well. It was nice to go from dying over and over again in the opening area up to the Bridge, to finally clicking and just wiping out all those guys just about at will now. Those big dudes with the bricks are so fun to land that giant F YOU parry just before they hit you, then one shot them with a visceral. Also, those creepy corpses in the bottom of the sewer were my first real moment of NOPE NOPE NOPE yet that really made the claustrophobic, trapped in a weird hellscape ambience of the area start to get to me a bit. I love it.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I finally got around to starting this game last night. I've had it sitting on my ps4 chillin since like march I think when it was the free ps+ game. The beginning of this game is bullshit. No idea what anything did, and clearing around the giant bonfire is tedious as fuck and ive had to do it over and over due to dying after/during it. Then when i was exploring after clearing out a bunch of shit i came up against the cleric beast and died with it at like half health, and lost all my blood. that just pissed me off and i turned the game off because i had just been hoping to find another lamp post to go to the dream and spend my shit. I'm not sure how much more ill play it, the combat feels clunky and slow as fuck compared to monster hunter, and darkest dungeon is on sale on steam so if i want my horror fix i could just do that.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I finally got around to starting this game last night. I've had it sitting on my ps4 chillin since like march I think when it was the free ps+ game. The beginning of this game is bullshit. No idea what anything did, and clearing around the giant bonfire is tedious as fuck and ive had to do it over and over due to dying after/during it. Then when i was exploring after clearing out a bunch of shit i came up against the cleric beast and died with it at like half health, and lost all my blood. that just pissed me off and i turned the game off because i had just been hoping to find another lamp post to go to the dream and spend my shit. I'm not sure how much more ill play it, the combat feels clunky and slow as fuck compared to monster hunter, and darkest dungeon is on sale on steam so if i want my horror fix i could just do that.

there is a shortcut you can unlock (several, actually) back towards the lantern in central yharnam that bypasses the initial gauntlet of mobs. and don't worry about losing blood echoes, now that you've encountered the cleric beast you should have gained a point of insight. now any blood echoes you gain can be used with the NPC in the dream to level up.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    KoopahTroopah
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Yeah but the action is way faster than in pokemon.

steam_sig.png
    metaghostKoopahTroopah
    edited June 2018

Man, I hear ya, I sort of had the same experience at first. It definitely is a different frame of mind; Once I realized that I was essentially playing between check points (that being the first lantern for a good bit), and it was more about me pushing a bit and picking a solo fight or two-on one fight, pushing a bit more, then backing off after farming about a thousand blood echoes or so, I'd hit the lantern and cash in to level up and repeat. There's a rhythm to it that I really felt like I had to understand before it clicked, and that first part is more about poking cautiously around until you unlock a short cut or two to the lantern. I felt like once I got those, and better understood the combat patterns of the enemies, it made more sense and I was able to get strong enough to start handling the mooks near the bonfire. After that I felt like I could push just a bit farther, then cash in, repeat.

I'm definitely not trying to pull the "hey just git gud" thing here, because I hate that crap; it's not true really. If it does turn out to be up your alley as a game, then I think that moment will come eventually as you work out your own little patterns of where to go, who to fight, and when to cash in those echoes. Honestly, I think I just got so pissed at the game that my rage crossed into stubborn defiance, and I just hammered away until it really got its hooks in me good.

To be fair, it's really the weirdest game experience for me...I went from rage to loving it and it's kind of hard to nail down why.

Edit: Truthfully, I'm not super great at it and in no way want to sound like "that guy" who says if you don't like these games you must be into games for babies, whatever that means, cause I hate that guy and think it's dumb. Bloodborne does seem to be a weird cultural "thing" at this point, and it certainly polarizes folks, and it's 100% understandable.

gaming_librarian on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    the combat feels clunky and slow as fuck compared to monster hunter

I'm not sure this is possible for any game, much less Bloodborne.

uyvfOQy.png
    CantidoEtiowsafurlionKoopahTroopahNaphtali
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Might just be that the axe was the wrong weapon choice but ive felt more fluid using gunlance in MH.

Also the visceral attacks like never go off. Got em stunned with the gun get in close press r1 not holding a direction and its just a regular attack. Could never get it to work on the cleric beast either when it was obvious i should be doing it.

When do new weapons pop up? Ive only found a spear which basically seems like the axe that can 2h with the pistol out.

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    But the axe is the best though. The best of anything ever.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2018

I say this about Monster Hunter.

The work I have to put in to reload, pound a potion or do a thing is unacceptable in Monster Hunter. I burned myself out in the G ranks of M4U wishing I was a Bloodborne Hunter that could slap the shit out of these monsters.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Reynolds
    Thanks for the input, guys, it really helps. It's been said in this thread before, but once you start landing parries and visceral attacks, this game achieves the "make you feel like a boss" moments very well. It was nice to go from dying over and over again in the opening area up to the Bridge, to finally clicking and just wiping out all those guys just about at will now. Those big dudes with the bricks are so fun to land that giant F YOU parry just before they hit you, then one shot them with a visceral. Also, those creepy corpses in the bottom of the sewer were my first real moment of NOPE NOPE NOPE yet that really made the claustrophobic, trapped in a weird hellscape ambience of the area start to get to me a bit. I love it.

Easiest way to deal with the brick guys is to simply run straight up to them and hit them with a strong attack from the axe. It will always stagger them for the 2nd strong attack killing blow. You can usually have it land before they get off an attack against you. Otherwise, just bait out an attack from them, back up so they wiff, then strong attack.

The next "big" enemy you encounter is a little more tricky...

gaming_librarian
    edited June 2018

Might just be that the axe was the wrong weapon choice but ive felt more fluid using gunlance in MH.

Also the visceral attacks like never go off. Got em stunned with the gun get in close press r1 not holding a direction and its just a regular attack. Could never get it to work on the cleric beast either when it was obvious i should be doing it.

When do new weapons pop up? Ive only found a spear which basically seems like the axe that can 2h with the pistol out.

New weapons will gradually become available at the fountain merchant in Hunter's Dream right next to the doll lady. Axe is a decent starting one. Its main strength is a strong attack that's a good balance of reach, speed, damage, and staggering. Mostly though I've been sticking with the saw cleaver because it gets off 4 fast attacks (that can semi-stagger smaller enemies) in the time it takes almost all the other weapons to do 3 without sacrificing much damage. I've been meaning to play around with the kirkhammer more to see if I can pull some useful staggering, but it's hard to argue in its favor when the axe strong attack stagger is just so good.

You can mostly ignore worrying about insight total. Just treat it as currency for the vendor and summoning players. The only thing insight affects otherwise is frenzy (which sucks anyway), being able to see an otherwise invisible thing that's mostly cosmetic, and I think there is one enemy in the game with a projectile attack that grows a bit stronger if you have high insight. That's really about it.

MrBody on
    gaming_librarian
  • HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    @gaming_librarian Yes there are soft caps for all stats. VIT is 50, END is 40, STR/ SKL/ BLD/ ARC are 25 & 50. Saw Cleaver and Hunter's Axe are STR weapons. Saw Spear and Threaded Cane are SKL weapons. The Saw twins work well on quality builds too (STR & SKL).

Here's a good end-game build if you like the Saw Cleaver:

50/25/50/25/6/15 (start as Cruel Fate)

Really you can pick any type you want to start with and work towards 50 VIT, 25 END, 50 main dmg stat, 25 secondary dmg stat (if applicable).

Focus on VIT and END at first, at least until you get them to 25 and 15 respectively. Early on adding to STR/ SKL/ BLD/ ARC will do little to boost damage. It's only when you get your weapons leveled up and filled w/ good gems that your damage stats, vis a vie scaling, start to matter.

Pick one or two weapons and focus on upgrading them. Pick ones that compliment each other and also scale off the same stat.

Good luck. Have fun. And remember, a hunter must hunt.

HeraldS on
    Armoroc
    edited June 2018
    HeraldS wrote: »
    @gaming_librarian Yes there are soft caps for all stats. VIT is 50, END is 40, STR/ SKL/ BLD/ ARC are 25 & 50. Saw Cleaver and Hunter's Axe are STR weapons. Saw Spear and Threaded Cane are SKL weapons. The Saw twins work well on quality builds too (STR & SKL).

Here's a good end-game build if you like the Saw Cleaver:

50/25/50/25/6/15 (start as Cruel Fate)

Really you can pick any type you want to start with and work towards 50 VIT, 25 END, 50 main dmg stat, 25 secondary dmg stat (if applicable).

Focus on VIT and END at first, at least until you get them to 25 and 15 respectively. Early on adding to STR/ SKL/ BLD/ ARC will do little to boost damage. It's only when you get your weapons leveled up and filled w/ good gems that your damage stats, vis a vie scaling, start to matter.

Pick one or two weapons and focus on upgrading them. Pick ones that compliment each other and also scale off the same stat.

Good luck. Have fun. And remember, a hunter must hunt.

Awesome, thanks HeraldS (and thanks MrBody as well). I have only been using the saw cleaver and blunderbuss, but I guess I should pick up the axe or something too...I like my cleaver a bunch though :biggrin: .
    Should I upgrade my firearm at all? I'm STR focusing so I'm not sure I'll benefit much? I really only use it to stagger enemies, right? Like, is there a point where my damage for a firearm needs to get higher in order to stagger certain enemies? Also, I just beat Father Gascioigne last night, so that's Cleric and him down. I just hit the Cathedral Ward...should I go ahead and spend the 10,000 echoes at the Dream vendor to get what looks to be a Cathedral area key of some sort? Thanks!

gaming_librarian on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    END is a hard cap at 40

ARC for Hunters Tools goes all the way to 99 for most spells

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    @gaming_librarian — Upgrading firearms (and by extension, the Blood stat) is really just for specialized builds focused on guns.

As to the Key, that's not required for advancement, it's just a more direct route to the Cathedral Ward. Otherwise you have to take a somewhat roundabout path via a couple other locations.

i would consider going up to +6 on a pistol

with ash it'll be strong enough to pick off the occasional dude you don't want to deal with