Options

Vaping is not a Crime: My Mod is TC and My Coils are DL

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I really need to quit smoking, and getting one of these things would probably help with that, but the people that work and hang out in the vape shop look even shadier than I do so I never go in.

I haven't checked, but is it legal to sell online?

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I really need to quit smoking, and getting one of these things would probably help with that, but the people that work and hang out in the vape shop look even shadier than I do so I never go in.

sure is.

You can get a starter kit online for pretty cheap and it's easy to figure out what you like and don't like and how to get something that suits you better.

Atmos are one of the biggest producers and have a big range and reasonable prices.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

Pretty sure it is.

It's intimidating though. There's like a million different models, and parts for different machines, and flavors, and levels of nicotine.

It's confusing to me, so I just continue to kill myself in the way that I already know.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    The thing is that smoking is cool and looks cool but it smells bad and fucks you up so fix that stuff

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Also some folks just have oral fixations.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    The thing is that smoking is cool and looks cool but it smells bad and fucks you up so fix that stuff

1) no
    2) no (okay maybe if you're 8 y/o)
    3) yes
    4) yes

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Smoking looks cool in the same way you need a diamond ring to propose. That is to say, it likely wouldn't be the case if it weren't for massive marketing campaigns in the early to mid 20th century.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Oh shit vaporwave thread

• Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Smoking looks cool in the same way you need a diamond ring to propose. That is to say, it likely wouldn't be the case if it weren't for massive marketing campaigns in the early to mid 20th century.

Nah, at least not personally. Smoking looks cool in the way that all mist, smoke, fog, etc looks cool to me. I like watching it float and drift on the air. Watching the smoke from a mosquito coil get played with by a breeze looks cool to me.

Being stuck in a ramshackle, metal building while I got a nail pulled out of my tire and patched up in the dead of winter in Japan while the owner chain smoked in the room looked cool, especially because there was a bucket of water on top of the kerosene heater that was causing a column of heated air to rise that heavily distorted how the smoke hung and floated around the room.

I mean, sure, I was quietly resenting the guy for making me inhale all that second hand, but, I find smoke fascinating to watch.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Yeah, screw marketing, you wanna marry a girl, give her father a goat.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited January 2016

well, the marketing worked

and by the marketing I mostly mean the loading screens of mgs4

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Also if you aren't making the sickest smoke rings when you vape what are you even doing?

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Oh shit vaporwave thread

My god it's all toilet sounds

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    A college student once took a picture of me smoking for his photography class, so I am pretty certain it looks cool.

Also as someone who doesn't have many pictures of himself I hope that picture turned out bad, because if I somehow looked good in a picture I will never obtain I will be furious.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Nah, at least not personally. Smoking looks cool in the way that all mist, smoke, fog, etc looks cool to me. I like watching it float and drift on the air. Watching the smoke from a mosquito coil get played with by a breeze looks cool to me.

Being stuck in a ramshackle, metal building while I got a nail pulled out of my tire and patched up in the dead of winter in Japan while the owner chain smoked in the room looked cool, especially because there was a bucket of water on top of the kerosene heater that was causing a column of heated air to rise that heavily distorted how the smoke hung and floated around the room.

I mean, sure, I was quietly resenting the guy for making me inhale all that second hand, but, I find smoke fascinating to watch.

You're saying that smoke looks cool, and it does. But I'm saying that the image of a person smoking with a cigarette in hand was made to be cool.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Smoking looks revolting. I think less of someone instantly if I see them smoking.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I heard someone was working on an eCig that doesn't actually use smoke at all and just creates a virtual simulation of it. But I'm pretty sure it's just vaporware.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I heard someone was working on an eCig that doesn't actually use smoke at all and just creates a virtual simulation of it. But I'm pretty sure it's just vaporware.

Fuck
    yoooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I smoke a pipe. Literally the coolest. Gonna stop global warming with my goddamn coolness.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Smoking looks revolting. I think less of someone instantly if I see them smoking.

What's your opinion on smoking pole though?

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    All of you posers smoking, everyone knows being on fire is what makes you actually cool

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Pipe smoking is admittedly p cool and smells pretty nice.

Dick sucking is where it's at tho.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    A few of us partook of snuff for a while at university

It didn't really catch on

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Pipe tastes like you lost your duster so now you have to clean that crap on your grandparents mantelpiece with your mouth

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

What's your opinion on smoking pole though?

Logistically difficult, but hey whatever floats your boat.

• Options
    Paladin wrote: »
    Pipe tastes like you lost your duster so now you have to clean that crap on your grandparents mantelpiece with your mouth

fine I'll chew some gum JEEZ CALM DOWN

• Options
    Pipe smoking will be forever associated in my head with this guy who reviews very crunch war board games on youtube after playing against himself. He just always lights up his pipe part way through his reviews for some reason.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Every time I get really drunk I want to take a few drags from a cigar. Some of my happiest memories are from hanging out in my Grandpa's garage "helping" him fix cars, and he always had a cigar in his mouth when he was in the garage, so I associate cigars with being comfortable and pleasant. Cigarettes are just gross though. Vaping confuses me. It's like...all of the unpleasantness of eating shitty food but without any of the benefits? What's the point?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Also some folks just have oral fixations.

This is me

I have a pen in my mouth right now

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Every time I get really drunk I want to take a few drags from a cigar. Some of my happiest memories are from hanging out in my Grandpa's garage "helping" him fix cars, and he always had a cigar in his mouth when he was in the garage, so I associate cigars with being comfortable and pleasant. Cigarettes are just gross though. Vaping confuses me. It's like...all of the unpleasantness of eating shitty food but without any of the benefits? What's the point?

Counterpoint: cigars make my mouth ulcerate and my head feel like it's in a vice. Plus they're super expensive, inconvenient and way worse for you than most other forms of tobacco.

Vaping is all the pleasantness of smoking, but cheaper, better smelling, healthier and more convenient.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    you can smoke and I wont feel less about you because it's your body and stuff plus you probably know what smoking does to a body

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    you can smoke and I wont feel less about you because it's your body and stuff plus you probably know what smoking does to a body

Yeah. I don't like the smell much though but most smokers are pretty considerate.

Oh I found out I might have add. Gotta talk with the doctor and he might try me out on a stimulant. I am hoping they don't make my anxiety act up.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I love that fresh smoke smell but I hate hate hate stale smoke.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    My dad smokes, and while I never intend to start, I get irritated at my mom for constantly criticizing him for smoking.

He's been really considerate and has never smoked around my kids or anything! It's not like he's chainsmoking while blowing it in everyone's face!

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    My dad smokes, and while I never intend to start, I get irritated at my mom for constantly criticizing him for smoking.

He's been really considerate and has never smoked around my kids or anything! It's not like he's chainsmoking while blowing it in everyone's face!

I had no idea he even smoked

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    My feelings on smoking is ultimately in no way different than my feelings on other drugs

If you're an asshole about it

Well then, you're an asshole, duh

If you're not, then I don't care overly much

That said like any other kind of drug, especially a drug addiction, I don't think society owes smokers anything or ought to cater to them

For example there are many, many workplaces where it's completely acceptable for smokers to take far more breaks than non-smokers basically because let's face it, they're drug addicts and they would become miserable if they didn't.

And I'm sorry, but if this is you? Get your shit together.

You have a drug problem and expect to do less work than other people because of it.

No.

Fix your shit. Get help.

Now if you're just a normal smoker who smokes on your regular breaks that everyone gets, whatever man its your life.

But Mark this is your fifth smoke break in four hours, come the fuck on.

• Options
    I think one of the first heated arguments I got into on these forums is whether or not a smoker should ask the people around them if it's okay to smoke before starting to smoke

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I'm close to hitting a year of being smoke-free. After I decided to quit, I decided to try out ecigs to help, bough a cheap one from 7-11 with strawberry cartridges. Used them for about a month, had to stop because it felt too douchey. So just went cold turkey. Haven't had a smoke or vape since. Just chew way too much gum nowadays

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Pretty much all my friends vape, none of them smoke anymore

Personally, I find it so much easier to be around than cigarette smoke, so that's cool

But they have in no way used it as a weaning mechanism, it's just fully replaced cigarettes

One of them has been vaping for eight years now, he was doing it before it got as huge as it has

Most of them keep it at the standard settings, but he's definitely modified his stuff to make the huge clouds of vapor, but he only does it in his own house or outside so whatever

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I used to have a hookah

That was really nice, it smelled good and didn't burn the lungs or irritate the mouth/throat

Then one day my mother-in-law broke it

She promised she would replace it

I waited for a couple of years for her to replace it

It never happened

Probably all for the best though, I'm sure I'll live healthier without it

joshofalltrades on