As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tabletop Simulator] Now with more banana

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    that sounds vaguely racist

also firebird, are those both cities, and if so what kind of cities? i dont know if dyas wants us to get that detailed but if you know one is a small fishing port while the other is a larger kindom with castle walls and what have you, details like that might be worth mentioning. or maybe you dont care and theyre both just average cities

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Petesalzl wrote: »
    Also Firebird, are those both cities, and if so what kind of cities? i don't know if Dyas wants us to get that detailed but if you know one is a small fishing port while the other is a larger kingdom with castle walls and what have you, details like that might be worth mentioning. or maybe you don't care and they're both just average cities

I will leave it up to each person how detailed they get. I put them as locations on the map. Besides, what is there when we get there.. could be completely different than what someone remembers. . .just saying. :P

I don't know if the party will even ever visit these places. I want you as a group to feel that you had a part in the world you create. If you all decided to visit one of these cities, then I might need more info, or I will make it up. If you never go there, it is a nice world you all created between yourselves, with my general story on top.

That being said, unless you tell me your characters know each other, I will basically assume that the locations are known only to the person who put them there, although NPC's might talk about them if story happens.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Bases on what Hero Lab implies, Hermea seems to be a rather large kingdom, perhaps aristocratic in nature.
    Given the location, it would serve well in the story as a metropolitan hub for import/exports to distant countries overseas.

Not that my PC would know much about the place anyways.

Vudra is more or less a fairly decently-sized and respected monastery, since it comprises mostly of Monks and few passing merchants.

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    @DyasAlure

The towns/cities i have are ..

Sulindal - Located south of Vudra in the Snow covered forests near the mountains. (Elven village)

That's pretty much the only main named place in my backstory.

Back to you!

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    @karoz i think youre up for map add ons, unless tinkneedle is a real person

• Options
    Qk8NTaP.jpg

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    how is tts in general, or how is eldritch horror?

DyasAlure i can take a crack at it later. is it another sorc?

Sorry, how is eldritch horror on this format? I love the physical game but it screams for a digit format
    ah, i havent tried it myself, but it looks interesting. though the thing about tabletop is its trying to be as much like the physical version as it can be with its current engine. so probably play a lot like the regular version

Yeah there are certainly some things that are automated (various bags and quick drawing/shuffling cards, etc) but overall TTS does a pretty good job of capturing the feel of board games with some amount of setup and whatnot.

Here is the highest rated mod if you'd care for a look

• Options
    edited February 2016
    First, I have moved out stuff over to a new thread for RP

Here in critical failures

Second, to the question from casual eddy.

As for tabletop, it is literally that, if you didn't all ready gather. We have moved from this thread, but if you read some of the comments, you can see we were setting up a pathfinder game to play. Last night we did a chat in team speak, and loaded up tabletop. First we made a map. This worked as if we had all been sitting at a real table, and put a map on the table and started drawing on it. I just took a screenshot, but am unsure if you can save an image from in the simulator.

After that, I pulled out a lot of carious miniatures, and everyone picked one they liked. This would be very much the same if again we had been at a real table, and we just picked up and looked at the things. I will say a plus was we could throw them around, which in real life might be a little worse to throw stuff around your living room.

As for the mod that Karoz posted, if it looks like all the pieces are there, you could play just as you do in real life. The advantages, you can do it over the internet. There is voice in game, but I don't know how good that is. You would have to know the rules, unless there is a rule book in the game. I understand you can put a rulebook in the simulator, but have not done that myself.

Anyway, I hope that helps answer your question. So far from what I have seen, I think Tabletop is a great feature to play board games, or RP games over the internet.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    awesome @DyasAlure thanks for running the game.
    we're still running it with tabletop simulator, but to avoid taking this thread hostage so people can feel free to chat about other games or post questions its being moved to critical failures.
    please feel welcome to continue TTS discussion for anything TTS related

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Alright TTS, I've got a tough question for you. How difficult would it be to integrate a CCG in this engine? My friends and I used to play this old Middle-Earth CCG back in the mid-90s. Unfortunately, there's no online version of it and I was hoping I could somehow recreate it in TTS. Probably a long shot, or at the very least a lot of work, but worth asking.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Alright TTS, I've got a tough question for you. How difficult would it be to integrate a CCG in this engine? My friends and I used to play this old Middle-Earth CCG back in the mid-90s. Unfortunately, there's no online version of it and I was hoping I could somehow recreate it in TTS. Probably a long shot, or at the very least a lot of work, but worth asking.

this one?

there are a bunch of Hobbit/LOTR themed ccg modules up on the workshop

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Viking wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

this one?

there are a bunch of Hobbit/LOTR themed ccg modules up on the workshop

Holy crap yes! Fuck, now I may be forced to get 4 copies of TTS. I'll have to see if my friends would be down to play first.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I am starting to think I need to singlehandedly turn Secret Hitler into an e-sport so I can get rich off it. Fun fact I didn't know about myself, I am super great at lying and manipulation, even while drunk!

(If this post gives you the impression to not trust me when you play secret hitler with me, that's what I wanted you to think.)
    OR WAS IT?

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I am starting to think I need to singlehandedly turn Secret Hitler into an e-sport so I can get rich off it. Fun fact I didn't know about myself, I am super great at lying and manipulation, even while drunk!

(If this post gives you the impression to not trust me when you play secret hitler with me, that's what I wanted you to think.)
    OR WAS IT?

You were the best Hitler enabler and I was best Hitler. :biggrin:

So very happy I got to play rounds of Secret Hitler, it was everything I hoped and dreamed it would be. :razz:

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    go team hitler

• Options
    And I miss FNG so often.

• Options
    you can always check your friends list and if you see people in tts just shoot em a message like hey what you playing, room for more. answer is usually yes

• Options
    you can always check your friends list and if you see people in tts just shoot em a message like hey what you playing, room for more. answer is usually yes

Yeah the 2 games I played we had one slot free for the taking if anyone had asked.

• Options
    Also, what was funny in the first game: ScarecrowJackson (sorry, don't know his PA forums name) accidentally admitted he was a fascist super early in the game. So while it guaranteed a Nein vote every time he was involved in the government, it made me able to gain a lot of credibility attacking him, and the liberals only won via good luck and me being chancellor and given 2 liberal cards right after a re-shuffle, when literally every other card in the deck was fascist.

• Options
    scarecrow is actually just a RL friend of mine, ive suggested he try out the forums, but he isnt a forum guy.

• Options
    scarecrow is actually just a RL friend of mine, ive suggested he try out the forums, but he isnt a forum guy.

Ah, cool. Hope he wasn't too put off from the game by me singling him out as untrustworthy, for strategic reasons in both games. Honestly wouldn't blame him if he was though.

• Options
    nah, said he had a lot of fun, he's just quiet

• Options
    so i played a pickup game of secret hitler last night with some random folks. just joined an open server of someone hosting that game, and it was very odd. they were talking it super serious like it was a detective mystery instead of a game of deception. they wrote down every single turn who was president and chancellor. what cards they claimed to draw and what the claimed to throw away. then based on that they had a count of how many liberal policy cards and how many fascist policy cards were left. and if at anytime two players disputed what cards were thrown away they gave them dispute tags. it was really bizarre.
    they also kept getting mad at me for playing wrong which was tiresome.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    so i played a pickup game of secret hitler last night with some random folks. just joined an open server of someone hosting that game, and it was very odd. they were talking it super serious like it was a detective mystery instead of a game of deception. they wrote down every single turn who was president and chancellor. what cards they claimed to draw and what the claimed to throw away. then based on that they had a count of how many liberal policy cards and how many fascist policy cards were left. and if at anytime two players disputed what cards were thrown away they gave them dispute tags. it was really bizarre.
    they also kept getting mad at me for playing wrong which was tiresome.

That sounds like an awful way to play secret hitler.

Which side won? That sounds like it would really favor the liberal players.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    we voted hitler in as chancelor, so that happened.

• Options
    we voted hitler in as chancelor, so that happened.

Or that could happen too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    With how they were playing the Fascists had already won. :wink:

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Courtesy of the Adventure Team's impromptu Saturday Night Gaming session, I discovered a function of TTS I had no idea existed: custom jigsaw puzzles!

Here's a full-size (320-piece) puzzle made using a screenshot from Subnautica (spoiler'd for size):
    4629A9A3D48C8809184CDBB294AA23ADB55FF3E2

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    thanks for inviting me @CorriganX to some more hitler.

fyi do not give me the bullet cause i will shoot you in the back with it, lesson learned

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Hey guys. This might be of interest here. The new Humble Book Bundle is a bunch of Pathfinder RPG books.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Ladies and Gentlemen! Gather round and listen close, for I bring wondrous news! Are you tired of the normal hum-drum board and/or card games you play? Have you ever wanted to learn about new and fantastic products that you never knew you just could not live without? Why, then I have just the game for you!

Let me tell you about Snake Oil! It's the newest product that's sweeping the nation!* It's quite simple, you and up to 5 of your closest friends/aquantices/fellow-internet-people gather around a table, real, imagined, or digital** and attempt to sell each other the great new thing for the low price of 7 payments of only 19.99.99!

The game is very simple, your child could use it***, and they should****! Allow me to demonstrate! As you can see, there are two types of cards, you have on one hand these product cards and then there are your customer cards. That's you, beautiful audience. So what you do, and it's so easy, is each player takes a turn being a Customer and every other player must combine two of their product cards into a brand new never before seen product that this Customer just cannot bear to live without. They must then pitch this simple and convenient product to the customer, each salesperson player trying to get the customer to love their product/pitch the best. The winning player is given the customer card, to mark and track their (patented) perfect product pitch. With Snake Oil, the fun never stops*****! By the written rules of the game, Snake Oil continues until each player has been a Customer once and the player with the most customer cards in front of them is the winner. So each round is lightning fast, perfect for the modern man or woman on the go! Now, You can also change the rules up (go to X winning pitches, for example), that's the power of Snake Oil, it can do that for you, no problem******!

tl-dr: This game is great. It's better than Cards Against Humanity, 4 out of 5 doctors could agree*******.
    *Game released in 2010. So 'new' in geologic time-scale.
    **Table not included
    ***Snake Oil assumes no liability for Snake Oil related injuries in/on children.
    ****Parental Discretion Advised
    *****Fun stops, eventually
    ******Snake Oil not responsbile for problems encountered while playing Snake Oil
    *******No Doctors were consulted before publication of this post.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Going to start up a game of Dead of Winter in a half hour+. I have room for 1-4 more players if anyone cares to join HyphyKezzy and I. Newbies are welcome.

• Options
    The wife wants to give Battlestar Galactica a go. I was thinking we'd try it on TTS, but wanted to see if anyone here had tried it already. Also, would 4 others like to join in?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    sorry, i havent played that one. id be more than happy to give it a try though. however i know TTS has had a lot of updates recently that i havent gotten to try out so i feel like id be a bit rusty. not that it would deter me.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Anyone here interested in playing some TTS tonight (Monday) around 9pm EST? I was thinking I would like to try out Pandemic and this seems like a good way to do it.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I'll be home from shopping maybe an hour after you start but if you're still going by then I'd love to join!

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I just gotta say, this star wars armada mod is INCREDIBLY well done.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    I just gotta say, this star wars armada mod is INCREDIBLY well done.

Which one?

• Options
    im totally down for that, disclaimer, ive never played a game that didnt end with everyone dying

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    can i join you guys for a game some time? even though i live in a major metropolitan area, all of the gaming groups i've met to date either play at an inconvenient time or are mouth-breathers. I love everything except non-interactive euro games

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1