Options

There is a Glut of Superheroes on My TV! Most of them good!

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    @Rainfall

Oh, is that the weird one with Bucky in space?

Yes. And it is so weird. (But cool as hell)

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Nextwave stinks

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Nextwave stinks

You stinks.

Nextwave is fun and should not be taken seriously.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I stink because I just got back in from shoveling snow

That can be washed off, nothing will remove the stench of Nextwave

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Nextwave is a textbook example of trying too hard.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Nextwave did introduce me to Stuart Immonen so it's not all bad.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    frankly, I'm surprised warren ellis didn't follow up nextwave with a run on deadpool

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I like Nextwave

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Nextwave got me back into comics. It was mostly the art though. Immonen's incredible!

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Nextwave got me back into comics. It was mostly the art though. Immonen's incredible!

Then you should read Superman: Secret Identity

• Options
    Keith wrote: »

OK
    I'll wish list it

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I really like Nextwave. It's funny, it's great from start to finish and it doesn't outstay its welcome.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

OK
    I'll wish list it

Just as a heads-up, the art is early Immonen. Which is gorgeous too, don't get me wrong, but he used to have a much more high detail style. He switched over to the more cartoony stuff to improve his speed and punctuality.

That said, even if you didn't like the art, the writing would still be worth it.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Holy shit I thought the talk of batman branding people was all kind of hyperbolic.

They just showed a BvS commercial during the football game. It...it is not.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    If Batman is that messed up, Superman should not treat him like that! The best sentient being would not do that!

Batman needs help, not whatever Superman was supposed to be doing. The action, writing, directing, editing, production, etc was so bad, I couldn't tell if it was mockery, condemnation or ???

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    My father and I were watching football today. He has never cared about comic books or superheroes or anything. That BvS commercial came on and his reaction was "Why would they make a movie about Batman and Superman fighting? That's the stupidest thing ever."
    And I'm sitting next to him nodding furiously

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    ha like I'd ever work up the courage to ask captain america out on a date

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Drax #2 spoilers
    Please give me a Drax/Terrax bromance.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Man

Everytime I think back to axis I am still bummed marvel ruined carnages sacrifice by bringing him back 2 second latter

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Hmm. When I'm texting my phone's autocorrect has started suggesting "Shuma-Gorath" whenever I type in "sh." I think I might need to stop talking about Dr. Strange quite so much.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I need to establish a little Superman canon here at my little home library, as a tribute to one of the greatest characters in fiction, you see

(And then I'll go back to buying Marvel stuff)

@DouglasDanger

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel is a neat look at Luthor's point of view.

• Options
    Thanks @JoeUser

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    Hmm. When I'm texting my phone's autocorrect has started suggesting "Shuma-Gorath" whenever I type in "sh." I think I might need to stop talking about Dr. Strange quite so much.

Today my phone auto completed "HULKIMANIA" for me, which is a similar problem

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

So what you're saying is that you've misspelled Hulkamania so many times that your phone has given up?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

So what you're saying is that you've misspelled Hulkamania so many times that your phone has given up?

Damn it, I was worried it was misspelled!

Now I'll have to type it out correctly until it memories that!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Watching the agent carter thing
    Is Jarvis not gay

That wrestling outfit is breaking my heart

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Is Jarvis not gay

That was actually a fairly widespread theory in season 1 considering his wife never seemed to be around and it's the 40s.

Then again, the fact that she exists does not necessarily mean she's not his beard, but now they're so funny together that I just really hope she's not.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Is Jarvis not gay

That was actually a fairly widespread theory in season 1 considering his wife never seemed to be around and it's the 40s.

Then again, the fact that she exists does not necessarily mean she's not his beard, but now they're so funny together that I just really hope she's not.

Its totally reasonable that (agent carter)
    he isn't, and in a way it's nice that a character who gives off so many gay cues or whatever isn't gay

But I can dream

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Is Jarvis not gay

You could hear her voice in season 1 and their whole relationship was a plot point.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Snowbear wrote: »
    My father and I were watching football today. He has never cared about comic books or superheroes or anything. That BvS commercial came on and his reaction was "Why would they make a movie about Batman and Superman fighting? That's the stupidest thing ever."
    And I'm sitting next to him nodding furiously

THIS IS WHAT MY DAD DID TOO
    He saw the trailer asked me and my sister what happened and if Batman and Superman were fighting or not. I told him, look at the name of the movie. He said he didn't like it.
    And we all agreed.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Waaaaaaait, so in the recent All-New Hawkeye
    Clint comes to his senses and agrees to help Kate save those kids, and that erases the future plot that's been going on? Even though there isn't any time travel involved? Like, what, was it all what would have happened if Clint hadn't intervened?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So Robbie Amell talked about his upcoming appearance on Flash as Deathstorm and let slip a pretty big spoiler
    He says he kills a series regular

The episode is set on Earth-2 so there's a solid chance it is their alt universe counterpart but still

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Yup, there's a deluxe hardcover out now

I do have a kind of weird question, if anyone else has read it, preferably in singles

There's this whole big thing from Todd Klein at the end talking about how he was working with a lot of translucent speech bubbles in order to show off Williams' art

And the examples given seem to suggest that this was a thing that was actually implemented in the book, but there are only one or two translucent speech bubble sections, and it's all character appropriate stuff

Was it printed this way in the single issues as well? Did they darken the speech bubbles up for some reason for the collected edition?

If you don't get an answer before I get home from work tonight I'll take a look - I have all the singles. It's a stunning book. Did the hardcover edition keep the centerfold-esque fold out page?

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    QZ9Nb4Q.jpg

Incidentally, this is how you do the "Bullets!" scene in a movie, imo

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Yup, there's a deluxe hardcover out now

I do have a kind of weird question, if anyone else has read it, preferably in singles

There's this whole big thing from Todd Klein at the end talking about how he was working with a lot of translucent speech bubbles in order to show off Williams' art

And the examples given seem to suggest that this was a thing that was actually implemented in the book, but there are only one or two translucent speech bubble sections, and it's all character appropriate stuff

Was it printed this way in the single issues as well? Did they darken the speech bubbles up for some reason for the collected edition?

If you don't get an answer before I get home from work tonight I'll take a look - I have all the singles. It's a stunning book. Did the hardcover edition keep the centerfold-esque fold out page?

Yeah, they were still there. Absolutely gorgeous.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Sandman: Overture gave me really weird dreams. I mean, Gaiman's books have a way of worming into my subconscious anyway, but these were especially vivid. I think part of it is that I read it right after my doctor had switched one of my prescriptions, so my brain was still adjusting to some new chemistry.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hahahaha

From Empire:

CZlD7ONWAAEPUU5.jpg

They're teasing Darkseid in this movie

its like they literally are trying to introduce every DC character at once

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hahahaha

From Empire:

CZlD7ONWAAEPUU5.jpg

Shit, guys! We gotta catch up to Marvel's movies right fucking now!

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Hahahaha

From Empire:

CZlD7ONWAAEPUU5.jpg

I think everybody correctly guessed that Darkseid will be the big bad of the first full Justice League movie. This isn't really a surprise.

sig.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That is, notably, from the scene that has been identified as a hallucinogenic dream sequence

It also features parademons!

This discussion has been closed.