Options

There is a Glut of Superheroes on My TV! Most of them good!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yes, it was expected
    That doesn't make it a good idea

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    There's nothing inherently bad about the idea of having Darkseid in a movie.

It's just easy to sneer because there's no reason to have any trust in their ability to pull it off.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

It's just easy to sneer because there's no reason to have any trust in their ability to pull it off.

its more that the movie is already overstuffed with introductions

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Give me all the Jack Kirby DC stuff

Just

Not from any of their current creative teams working on the films

• Options

its more that the movie is already overstuffed with introductions

Oh, right. Yes.

That'll just be a tiny tease though.

Like, I highly doubt Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg even have any lines in the movie.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    SuperVsBat ends with clark coming home to his apartment, camera zooms back to show his living room, Enter darkseid sitting on his couch, slam cut to credits.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Eh they said there were going to be 63 characters in Infinity War or whatever. So I think overstuffed is just what these movies will be.

Just let me have my teevee shows.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I mean, Civil War is gonna introduce Black Panther and Spider-Man. Age of Ultron introduced Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ultron, Wakanda, the Infinity Gauntlet (explicitly), the Ragnarok storyline (clumsily), and is a direct sequel to Avengers 1, Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy while leading directly into Civil War, Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War.

There's little difference in ambition and density, just in execution and the ability of the people in charge.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    A super rushed and ineptly handled Darkseid is especially going to suffer in comparison to Thanos. Normal movie people won't care that Darkseid came first in the comics. Marvel's been very cautiously parceling out Thanos appearances, at a pace that seems to have succeeded in getting the general public interested in the guy. If DC comes rushing along and goes "HEY LOOK, WE DID A FULL APPEARANCE OF A BIG STONE-FACED DEATH GOD FROM SPACE FIRST!", it'll seem like a cheap knockoff.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    If DC can make Darkseid threatening in like anyway they could win that front.

I mean they probably won't. But it's not a terribly high bar.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Thanos has already appeared three times, twice as speaking roles, so that ship has already sailed for DC.

• Options
    Yeah.

It's true that there are only two movies between BvS and Justice League, and I highly doubt Suicide Squad is gonna tease Darkseid at all. I'd expect another tease in Wonder Woman and then an appearance at the end of JL Part 1.

Meanwhile, Thanos has now been teased in three separate movies and is likely to further appear in at least Ragnarok and Guardians 2 before Infinity War.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I kinda wish Brainiac was the big bad in the first Justice League movie. But they'll likely keep him for the next Superman solo movie.

Unless they recycle Zod and Lex Luthor again again again.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I don't really think Thanos has made much of an impact with non-comic reading viewers, honestly

Like, I've spoken to people who have essentially forgotten him already

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm willing to posit that one memorable Darkseid sequence and the balance tilts. Thanos is really only at cameo level right now. Two appearances that are solely credit sequence fair. And his one real appearance is sort of an Emperor Palpatine imitation.

I don't think he's THAT in the public conscious.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    they're going to reuse the computer from superman three before we get brainiac.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    They could have Wonder Woman be the one to give Batman that vision. Then have the villain in her movie being influenced by Darkseid and show how she got the vision of the future. And in Justice League, it's revealed that Wonder Woman has been gathering superheroes in order to prevent the future where Darkseid conquers earth.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Actually I wouldn't be surprised at all with a full Darkseid scene in BvS. DC/WB probably is aware this is their one shot to beat MCU to the Darkseid/Thanos punch.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I don't really think Thanos has made much of an impact with non-comic reading viewers, honestly

Like, I've spoken to people who have essentially forgotten him already

But as they build him up and give him more appearances in the next couple of films, people are gonna be "Oh yeahhhh, that guy was there the whole time!"

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I kinda wish Brainiac was the big bad in the first Justice League movie. But they'll likely keep him for the next Superman solo movie.

Unless they recycle Zod and Lex Luthor again again again.

They should have teased Brainiac in MoS. When they showed Zod on one the dead Kryptonian colonies, they should have pulled back to reveal that he was standing in giant circular crater with two other craters near it.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I still think that Braniac would have made a better villain for MoS. It's even got the same Clark has to sever the last connection to his homeworld thing going on. Plus as an AI he can always come back later on and need a team up to take down.

This is mostly based on that one Superman TAS episode where braniac lands and offers to trade tech with the government but is really just stealing all the knowledge before blowing the planet. Then Superman has to team up with Luthor of all people to stop him.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    Actually I wouldn't be surprised at all with a full Darkseid scene in BvS. DC/WB probably is aware this is their one shot to beat MCU to the Darkseid/Thanos punch.

Oh they're gonna beat them there. Justice League P1 is coming out late next year, Infinity War P1 is 2018.

sig.gif
  • Options
    They could have Wonder Woman be the one to give Batman that vision. Then have the villain in her movie being influenced by Darkseid and show how she got the vision of the future. And in Justice League, it's revealed that Wonder Woman has been gathering superheroes in order to prevent the future where Darkseid conquers earth.

That's kind of Orion's job.

But if they're never gonna put Orion in the movies then I guess.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I still think that Braniac would have made a better villain for MoS. It's even got the same Clark has to sever the last connection to his homeworld thing going on. Plus as an AI he can always come back later on and need a team up to take down.

This is mostly based on that one Superman TAS episode where braniac lands and offers to trade tech with the government but is really just stealing all the knowledge before blowing the planet. Then Superman has to team up with Luthor of all people to stop him.

Also, it gives Supes something to smash/wreck without having to actually kill someone.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Oh they're gonna beat them there. Justice League P1 is coming out late next year, Infinity War P1 is 2018.

Unless Thanos makes a sizable appearence in a film before that.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I can't think of a pack of goobers who are less well suited to Jack Kirby's style than Snyder and Co.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Give me all the Jack Kirby DC stuff

Just

Not from any of their current creative teams working on the films

The Dolph Masters of the Universe movie from the 80s is a somewhat decent Fourth World movie.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I can't think of a pack of goobers who are less well suited to Jack Kirby's style than Snyder and Co.

Bay?

Burton?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Unless Thanos makes a sizable appearence in a film before that.

Totally what's going to happen in Ragnarok

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options

I know Brainiac was only Kryptonian in the DCAU but that's still my favorite interpretation of Brainiac.

I bet in the movies they'd make him just built by Luthor though.

As a clone of Zod.

sig.gif
  • Options

Oh great.

I forgot both series were doing this Part 1 and 2 thing.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

Bay?

Burton?

You got me with Bay
    Burton wouldn't be great but at least whatever he did wouldn't suffer from this need Snyder and Goyer have to make everything as badass as possible, bro

• Options
    edited January 2016

Don't worry because they won't try that. They'll be shooting for Jim Lee's style.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Guillermo Del Toro is the director Jack Kirby deserves.

sig.gif
  • Options

I know Brainiac was only Kryptonian in the DCAU but that's still my favorite interpretation of Brainiac.

As a clone of Zod.

One thing is for sure, he wouldn't be called Braniac. That's a kids name. For children! [/goyer]

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Brainiac
    One of the rumors floating around BvS is that Lex is building a worldwide drone network that is essentially Brainiac

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    a tim burton justice league movie would probably end up as my favorite movie of all time

that being said, i damn sure am hype for batman v superman

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

As a clone of Zod.

One thing is for sure, he wouldn't be called Braniac. That's a kids name. For children! [/goyer]

B.R.A.I.N.I.A.C.

Flash goes "Brainiac? That's cool"

and then Superman growls and melts him with his eye lasers

sig.gif
  • Options

As a clone of Zod.

Yeah, but it would keep Superman regular.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    Brainiac
    One of the rumors floating around BvS is that Lex is building a worldwide drone network that is essentially Brainiac

Jesus Christ.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.