Options

[Super Best Friends Play] i have to arrest myself for honking my own dick

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The last of us was originally going to have the only people infected be women
    The developer changed in before it was revealed because they feared doing so would make it harder to market

Is that censorship?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    By the way, changing something because you feel pressure from the potential customer base isn't censorship. That's the free market working as intended. If you choose to release a product that won't have broad appeal because you're proud of it as is and aren't concerned about expanding beyond your niche, that's fine. There's plenty of games doing that. But it's entirely a creator's purview to make that decision one way or the other.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Guys in talking about danganronpa , not FE. Read the damn thread

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    CH you realize that in the perfect scenario of how people should act about this stuff that you put forth companies will still end up removing this kind of stuff because it drives people to not play their game right

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Okay. Well in that case, still no one's demanding it be changed. They are simply exercising their right to criticism to say "I don't like this". It's also valid for people to say "if you had changed this I would have been more interested in the product." That's not a demand for censorship, that's also the market working as intended. Consumers express their desires and creators choose which desires to cater to.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I can't wait til they post another funny video so we can go back to talking about that instead.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    By the way, changing something because you feel pressure from the potential customer base isn't censorship. That's the free market working as intended. If you choose to release a product that won't have broad appeal because you're proud of it as is and aren't concerned about expanding beyond your niche, that's fine. There's plenty of games doing that. But it's entirely a creator's purview to make that decision one way or the other.

How about the cartoon network uk and the steven universe thing

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    That is censorship

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Media is too safe and boring, bring back unchecked and overt racism and double down on antisemitism.

I don't have to deal with most of that nonsense, so clearly nobody else has to, right?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Yeah, we should just take books that we don't agree with and burn them. Fuck art and freedom of speech.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    too true friend too true

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Ride to Hell finale.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njon0uoZiIU

Aaaaaaaahow long can you ride in the frozen time?

Youtube-comments suggest Men Without Hats as Pat's stand.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    How is this any different from the argument of video games normalizes and reinforce violent behavior?
    If you can't understand the difference than maybe you don't need to be having this conversation.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Ride to Hell finale.

But Pat often wears hats.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Yeah, we should just take books that we don't agree with and burn them. Fuck art and freedom of speech.

Again

Freedom of speech has nothing to so with what we are talking about

Unless the goverment decides to suddenly start paying attention to vidia games

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yeah. I burn hundreds of books every day.

We're using "burn" as slang for "choose not to read" in this context, right?

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular

Overplayed your hand, go back and train more

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Ride to Hell finale.

But Pat often wears hats.

It's because of Canada and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRykmeCs-C4.

• Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

That one was being changed because of a government standards board, yes? By definition that would be censorship. If they made the decision on their own and it would have been aired either way, it would be the same scenario we discussed earlier. A governmental intercession makes all the difference.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

Again

Freedom of speech has nothing to so with what we are talking about

Unless the goverment decides to suddenly start paying attention to vidia games

Please no, not again.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I burned a revisionist Civil War history book once

It was very satisfying, i recommend the experience

• Options
    While we at it, I don't agree with that whole evolution thing. I find it offensive and children shouldn't be taught it. So I say we should introduce laws to b ad n it's teaching and instead teach the things I'm confortable with.

• Options

That one was being changed because of a government standards board, yes? By definition that would be censorship. If they made the decision on their own and it would have been aired either way, it would be the same scenario we discussed earlier. A governmental intercession makes all the difference.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/01/05/cartoon-network-defends-decision-to-censor-same-sex-romance-in-steven-universe/

According to this the UK ratings board allows it

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Someone mentioned using reporting to try and stop a conversation that's going in a bad way. How does that work when it's not really any one single post that's a problem?

• Options

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/01/05/cartoon-network-defends-decision-to-censor-same-sex-romance-in-steven-universe/

In that case it's really not any different. It's disappointing to me, and I'll gladly criticize them for doing it, but that's totally their prerogative.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Someone mentioned using reporting to try and stop a conversation that's going in a bad way. How does that work when it's not really any one single post that's a problem?

mods will look at an entire conversation

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I also don't like rap music and hoodies. They make me uncomfortable, please don't wear hoodies and play rape music around me or in the media u consume.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    dudes having a Phoenix wright style breakdown animation

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I sure as hell hope that is a accidental mispelling

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    It's a little disquieting

• Options

In that case it's really not any different. It's disappointing to me, and I'll gladly criticize them for doing it, but that's totally their prerogative.

Nice! I do really appreciate this kind of consistency. I also think this sounds maybe sarcastic so I will say explicitly that it's not

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Why is it that a majority of the people on the internet who agree with your interpretations of free speech, art, and censorship tend to be straight white men on Reddit and 4chan?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    I'll be honest, CH. I don't even know whose viewpoint in particular you're trying to counter anymore.

• Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Why is it that a majority of the people on the internet who agree with your interpretations of free speech, art, and censorship tend to be straight white men on Reddit and 4chan?

My engineer-cousin can tell you why.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

privilege?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    I'll be honest, CH. I don't even know whose viewpoint in particular you're trying to counter anymore.

"Them" the mysterious sjw conspiracy that goes all the way to the white house

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

My engineer-cousin can tell you why.

#notallengineers

(But seriously yeah too many of my coworkers are like that)

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    You guys tried to have a discussion with Casually Hardcore and look where it got you

You did this to yourselves

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Because any sort of censoring, self or government, leads to an outcome like how Europe is handling Steven Univerese. The moment you let anyone speak for you is the moment you lose your right to choose what's good or bad for you.

• Options

"Them" the mysterious sjw conspiracy that goes all the way to the white house

4 Washington Lane?

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
This discussion has been closed.