As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] and Risotto

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »
    What's the damage? Was Harry Potter worth it?

The one I started at 1am, 75%. The one I started at 7am later that night/day, 88%. The tried and tested sleep deprivation method works.

I hope you learned you lesson. Never do coursework until the last second.

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    holy crap I wish I could do that on my course :(

I'm really good at bullshitting and speed hunting supporting studies.

Biology I've started studying now, I can't bullshit a biology exam.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Ugh I've got my assessment in a bit. The assessor pushed it back an hour, which sucks.

It also sucks to be told 'don't worry, it doesn't actually mean anything!' Then why fucking do it?

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    holy crap I wish I could do that on my course :(

I'm really good at bullshitting and speed hunting supporting studies.

Biology I've started studying now, I can't bullshit a biology exam.

For real I'm glad you're enjoying it more now!

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Blake T wrote: »

The one I started at 1am, 75%. The one I started at 7am later that night/day, 88%. The tried and tested sleep deprivation method works.

This is the problem, it hasn't failed me yet!

Thanks Liiya, I really am now and I'm glad I stuck with it. I'm eating cookies to celebrate.

Edit: I'm really bad at sneaky class posting.

Angelina on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Solar wrote: »
    She doesn't make me unhappy. I'm happier now than I've been for years. But I do miss her terribly. If she calls, or I call her, it makes my day to hear her voice.

Rationally, you're right. But I feel so very strongly about her, and it's very hard to think about letting go because when I do see her, we are so great and it's the easiest thing in the world for us to be together.

Everyone's different, but when I found myself in a somewhat similar situation I asked myself a few tough questions.

- Are both of us actually ready and willing to be in a committed relationship and make it work?

- If not, what would have to happen for that to become the case?

- Is that thing realistic and are we both willing/able to take steps toward it or at least come up with a plan to move forward?

- If one or both of us are unwilling or unable to take those steps, am I willing to remain in a relationship that, as of this moment, has no future?

Basically, you have to decide if you're sacrificing your long-term happiness for this short-term happiness, and if you are, is it worth it? If you think it is, ride that train till it stops (or comes off the rails). But if you answer those questions honestly and decide that you aren't happy with the situation as a whole (where it is now, where it's going, how you feel when you aren't around her/talking to her, etc.) then it's in your own best interest to take steps to fix it, whatever that means in your situation.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Houk's response is like mine

but with the gooder words

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    ~I got digits~

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    ~I got digits~

Fingers or toes?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    ~I got digits~

Fingers or toes?

Both, hopefully!

• Options
    I had 4 cookies so now I'm too full for dinner. I'm still incredibly chuffed. I don't have to write those essays again!

• Options
    I had 4 cookies so now I'm too full for dinner. I'm still incredibly chuffed. I don't have to write those essays again!

Wait, wait, wait. Do you mean to tell me that my parents were telling the truth about appetite spoiling? What the hell?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Wait, wait, wait. Do you mean to tell me that my parents were telling the truth about appetite spoiling? What the hell?

I think it might be an old person thing. It's never happened to me before, and I turned 31 very recently. Nobody told me this was a side effect of my 30s.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Houk wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    She doesn't make me unhappy. I'm happier now than I've been for years. But I do miss her terribly. If she calls, or I call her, it makes my day to hear her voice.

Rationally, you're right. But I feel so very strongly about her, and it's very hard to think about letting go because when I do see her, we are so great and it's the easiest thing in the world for us to be together.

Everyone's different, but when I found myself in a somewhat similar situation I asked myself a few tough questions.

- Are both of us actually ready and willing to be in a committed relationship and make it work?

- If not, what would have to happen for that to become the case?

- Is that thing realistic and are we both willing/able to take steps toward it or at least come up with a plan to move forward?

- If one or both of us are unwilling or unable to take those steps, am I willing to remain in a relationship that, as of this moment, has no future?

Basically, you have to decide if you're sacrificing your long-term happiness for this short-term happiness, and if you are, is it worth it? If you think it is, ride that train till it stops (or comes off the rails). But if you answer those questions honestly and decide that you aren't happy with the situation as a whole (where it is now, where it's going, how you feel when you aren't around her/talking to her, etc.) then it's in your own best interest to take steps to fix it, whatever that means in your situation.

I guess I have to give this some serious thought

• Options

I think it might be an old person thing. It's never happened to me before, and I turned 31 very recently. Nobody told me this was a side effect of my 30s.

I'm getting close to that myself. I'll have to keep this in mind and cherish my remaining days of indiscriminate cookieing while I still can.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    She was really

Really

Interested in if I have plans for valentines day

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    She was really

Really

crying and masturbation

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    eating shitloads of chocolate by myself

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    She was really

Really

if she ever mentions al capone or chicago

run

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Aw butts. I don't think cute, barista lady works at the shop anymore and now I'm kinda bummed. Not so much because she was totally cute but I got to where I really enjoyed our conversations.

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Aw butts. I don't think cute, barista lady works at the shop anymore and now I'm kinda bummed. Not so much because she was totally cute but I got to where I really enjoyed our conversations.

It's a really good feeling when you know a person at a place you visit often. I had a coffee shop I visited back in college that I went to often enough that the barista knew my usual order and would start it as soon as I came in, without my having to place it and we'd usually chat a bit. It was really nice.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

This is a good thing though

Like, before you couldn't ask her out, because that's weird and we all know it

But now?

If you see that girl on the street, you've got a good enough reason to say hi, and if she remembers you and you start talking, well you've just set yourself up to ask her out

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    She was really

Really

crying and masturbation

Straight bustin'

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    This Sunday will be all about romance of the man-ape variety. My group's next hike is through a bunch of the areas used for the 1968 Planet of the Apes sets.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    It's snowing like mad out and my college is recessed into the woods so it's closed for the day, but my boyfriend's is staying open since it's in the town proper and more accessible

*shakes fist* it should be a universal rule that nothing should get in the way of snow-day cuddles damn it

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    She was really

Really

crying and masturbation

Straight bustin'

nuts.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I asked my date if she was doing anything Sunday without really thinking of the day's significance. When have I paid attention to Valentine's Day before? She's working anyway though, so I'll wish her a happy "sorry we work weird hours and have a hard time seeing each other" day.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I'm perfectly happy that I get to spend my Valentine's Day night single watching the new episode of The Walking Dead <3

Also I'm still talking to cute tinder guy! Hopefully it keeps going well I like him :3

PassionateLovie on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I forgot valentines day even existed until someone asked me if I had any plans for it at work

• Options
    ContinentalContinental Invisible Presence Melty Molten GalaxyRegistered User regular

This was my motto in high school. I was homeschooled, so I had more leeway to live by this. Unfortunately, I only graduated with a 2.4 GPA.

• Options

This was my motto in high school. I was homeschooled, so I had more leeway to live by this. Unfortunately, I only graduated with a 2.4 GPA.

I can teach you my method for a small fee.

• Options
    ContinentalContinental Invisible Presence Melty Molten GalaxyRegistered User regular
    How much is this "small fee"?

• Options
    A three course meal of my choosing, and letting me stretch out on your sofa while I watch a film. I miss having a sofa.

• Options
    That sounds reasonable. You've got yourself a deal. Now what would you like for your meal, and what color do you want your sofa to be?

• Options
    I inherited a nice leather sofa from the person who owned my flat before me

My friend said "I bet they had sex on that"

I was like, who cares, it's free and you can wipe leather down

• Options
    A fry up, a pizza, and some cheesecake. I miss those so much.

I'm heading back to a place I used to live this weekend to see people I love very much and I'm so excited. I have also reached out to an old friend from there who had to stop talking to me because his feelings were too strong to spend time with me any more. This was 2 years ago and losing him was so painful, I really hope I see him on my night out. I would kill to have friends like my Dorset ones here.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Man, two really good friends broke from our circle broke up around October. The breakup was thanfully amicable and there was no drama.

Now another common friend has started dating one of them, and has been for the past five weeks. They're not hiding it and he talked to the ex before hand, but man, that seems, way too soon. Specially since all three of them constantly hung out, went on trips together, etc.

Like if it was me, I couldn't help but wonder how long this had been brewing for.

• Options
    ~Ive got a date~

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Great! I'm rooting for it all to go well buddy!

This discussion has been closed.