As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] and Risotto

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Man, two really good friends broke from our circle broke up around October. The breakup was thanfully amicable and there was no drama.

Now another common friend has started dating one of them, and has been for the past five weeks. They're not hiding it and he talked to the ex before hand, but man, that seems, way too soon. Specially since all three of them constantly hung out, went on trips together, etc.

Like if it was me, I couldn't help but wonder how long this had been brewing for.

Sounds like it kicked off around the holidays, which is a real easy time for minor mutual attractions to turn serious. I wouldn't think anything of it, with two+ months between the breakup and the hookup.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Man, two really good friends broke from our circle broke up around October. The breakup was thanfully amicable and there was no drama.

Now another common friend has started dating one of them, and has been for the past five weeks. They're not hiding it and he talked to the ex before hand, but man, that seems, way too soon. Specially since all three of them constantly hung out, went on trips together, etc.

Like if it was me, I couldn't help but wonder how long this had been brewing for.

Never bang your friends.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Never bang your friends.

What about my sister's friends?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What about my friends' sisters?

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Both excellent choices, gents

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What about GG's sister?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    What about Twisted Sister

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    What about Sister Cristian?

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    With all this talk of sisters, somewhere Brogey has suddenly sat straight up in his chair and started looking around but isn't sure why.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    I've been watching this page intently!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Y'all're ridiculous

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Just got a phone number from a woman on the bus. Not 100% sure I actually wanted her phone number, pretty sure I was just being a helpful guy who knew the schedules for the transfers she was asking about, but I guess it's flattering.

There's zero chance of me calling, of course. Sorry, bus lady.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    ContinentalContinental Invisible Presence Melty Molten GalaxyRegistered User regular
    I guess she saw something special or attractive in you.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    What about GG's sister?

What about murder

• Options
    ContinentalContinental Invisible Presence Melty Molten GalaxyRegistered User regular
    I'd say that's a bad choice.

• Options
    If y'all wanna date my sister, please feel free to do so.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm going to go with about 23.

Am I close?

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Ah, sorry, I was super unclear. It's been a consistent personality trait that my ability to appear charming and relaxed is inversely proportionate to my actual interest in displaying those traits.

I am never more smooth than when I am completely disinterested in someone, whether for romance or friendship or business. So... it was a super brief interaction, but I'm really worried now that I was sending off signals, appearing to invite this phone number, and now she's made an overture that's not going to be received at all how she may have expected. That's an emotionally stressful place to put someone, and if that's how things shook out, I'm going to feel shitty about it.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    If y'all wanna date my sister, please feel free to do so.

Like, at the same time, or...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Whatever man, I don't care. She's an adult and thus fully capable of making her own decisions.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Never bang your friends.

What the hell else are you supposed to do with them?

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

Never bang your friends.

Extort money and favors from them?

• Options

Never bang your friends.

Hoard them in an effort to boost your social media presence and internet marketability.

• Options

Never bang your friends.

Get by and/or high with a little help from them?

• Options

Never bang your friends.

Hoard them in an effort to boost your social media presence and internet marketability.

And then you can all gang up to rule social media and the Internet.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular

Never bang your friends.

Build social links to fuse higher level persona.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Apparently, I've been a giant ass to my last girlfriend. Once we broke up, we remained friends, and occasionally flirted thru texts. I never really thought much about it. She was the first girlfriend I had who had zero hangups about sex, and that sort of thing was actually fun with her.

So, the other night, I was bored at work, I misread a serious situation she was having with her kid (but in my defense, she really blows stuff with her child way out of proportion) and sent some flirting texts, thinking I was taking her mind off it, and now she blowing up at me saying I've done this constantly and she's not a whore, etc.

I never would have intentionally made anyone feel that way, and I feel like crap. Honestly, I feel like I can never win with any relationship. Sex seems to have made my life worse in every way.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Thing is, she says she's mentioned it before, but I do not remember that at all. I would really like to think if I was bothering someone and they told me, that I would stop doing it. Looking back on it, she hasn't responded to some of it, but she did respond to other messages. So... I just feel like a big ol' jerk.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    What about GG's sister?

What about murder

What about giving her body autonomy huh G?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Never bang your friends.

I view it as a emotional minefield
    Am I willing to take a walk in it?

Really as someone with No friends at this point I would not try to extort money from them or use them for emotional fun

Odd the group of women from the other night came into work and thanked me for helping them avoid the creeper and calling him out
    This was the guy who followed them around and asked if they had "Bj lips"
    I really do wonder why people do this as do they really think it's going to get them laid or people find it a sure fire way to talk to women

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Thing is, she says she's mentioned it before, but I do not remember that at all. I would really like to think if I was bothering someone and they told me, that I would stop doing it. Looking back on it, she hasn't responded to some of it, but she did respond to other messages. So... I just feel like a big ol' jerk.

Have you explained that too her? Not in an accusatory way mind you.

Just kind of explain that you honestly don't remember her telling you that (whether she did or didn't is kinda moot) and you weren't coming from a negative place but if it is something that bothers her it won't happen again because you value her friendship.

Sincerity is generally the best policy in these kind of situations. Well, all situations, really.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Never bang your friends.

I view it as a emotional minefield
    Am I willing to take a walk in it?

Really as someone with No friends at this point I would not try to extort money from them or use them for emotional fun

Odd the group of women from the other night came into work and thanked me for helping them avoid the creeper and calling him out
    This was the guy who followed them around and asked if they had "Bj lips"
    I really do wonder why people do this as do they really think it's going to get them laid or people find it a sure fire way to talk to women

Let us ask the pickup line generator shall we?

pickup-sig.php

There you have it folks.

orthanc
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    What's so wrong with hi?
    I know you can get shot down form it but it's worth a try

• Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah I don't get it either. But based on the posts here, it would seem we're in the minority on that one.

orthanc
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Woo! Got a text back from the girl I made out with at the metal club. Unfortunately she seems like your classic grenade texter, ie, she texts you, then seems to throw the phone away immediately and not respond for like 20 minutes.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    That seems like a kinda silly thing to complain about?

Not everyone is tied to their phones and she is under no obligation to reply to every message instantly.

broken image link
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    No it's not that, I didn't mean it seriously. Just commenting on how sometimes out of the blue someone messages you, and then when you respond almost immediately they must get busy or distracted. I'm not complaining just a little joke I have with friends. I totally understand people not responding right away in general, just a joke about how i imagine they must throw their phone away like a grenade immediately. Sorry makes more sense amongst friends as I have a friend who does it to us often

Like with long back and forth convos I get it, it's just funny when someone's like

"Hey sup?"
    "nothing much you"

Hour goes by

Not complaining just being all seinfeldian

Prohass on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The machine gun texter

The grenade texter

The sniper

I like this analogy

• Options
    I am the guerrilla texter.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    No it's not that, I didn't mean it seriously. Just commenting on how sometimes out of the blue someone messages you, and then when you respond almost immediately they must get busy or distracted. I'm not complaining just a little joke I have with friends. I totally understand people not responding right away in general, just a joke about how i imagine they must throw their phone away like a grenade immediately. Sorry makes more sense amongst friends as I have a friend who does it to us often

Like with long back and forth convos I get it, it's just funny when someone's like

"Hey sup?"
    "nothing much you"

Hour goes by

Not complaining just being all seinfeldian

Fair enough, I just hear stories about dating sites where women get a friendly message, then 5 minutes later get an angry followup about how DARE she not reply yet she must be a FRIGID SLUT

broken image link
This discussion has been closed.