As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Love] and Risotto

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Note to self: destroy all fire

Well, she's a No Show. I guess I should have expected as much. Ditch me once, shame on you. Ditch me twice, shame on me.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    double fist some tallboys and blast some rebellion, steve

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Lost SalientUsagiGrey GhostNeoTomaDarth WaiterSorceDonovan Puppyfucker
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Uh, did she ever get back to you about changing the time?

Xaquin
    She did not. I don't know why I was expecting this to work out. I should've known better.

I think I'm going to deactivate all my dating profiles and write off romance for the foreseeable future. 2016 will not be my year, I feel.

tynicVeldrin
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Probably a dumb question, but were you there at the time she thought the date was?

Xaquin
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    She did not. I don't know why I was expecting this to work out. I should've known better.

I think I'm going to deactivate all my dating profiles and write off romance for the foreseeable future. 2016 will not be my year, I feel.

Nooo don't do this! I mean, do it if you really don't want to date at all, but like, don't let crappy no-shows get you down. You're adorable! And fun! And who knows about this chick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNODN16-8vc

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    NeoTomaStraightzi
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I've never been a fan of deactivating a free profile. Just like, don't use it? It's not like people will message you if you're aren't actively messaging people anyway.

Straightzi
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular

If you don't try, you certainly won't succeed.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i support you giving up, @hacksaw

6vjsgrerts6r.png

HacksawWhippy
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Today I saw a Hersey thing in Tesco, I nearly had to get the smelling salts out I was so shocked.

I'm so sorry.

the other day I heard some yuppies say they preferred Hershey to Cadbury after trying both
    my lip curled instinctively

what the fuck
    in terms of milk chocolate
    how in the fuck does Hershey ever come out on top?

ameybesBogey
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Because it's cheap and everywhere and people got used to it. It is the flavor a big chunk of people think of when they think of chocolate.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I think I'll text the girl from the hike tomorrow about next weekend. The orange trees out back are blooming and the apartment has literally never smelled better. This is the perfect time for someone to come over.

JebusUDPassionateLovieArmorocMadEddy
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Sometimes "fancier" chocolate actually doesn't taste that great to some people.

I know I can't stand Lindt's regular range.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Lindt really isn't very good.

VeldrinameybesDonovan PuppyfuckerUsagiHermano
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    If you give me milk chocolate I will probably eat that milk chocolate.

I just ate a pickled egg, two pepperoni sticks and a cheese string and I need something sweet right now.

tynic
    tynic wrote: »

Yeah I don't get the love for it at all.

Something about its texture makes me feel like gagging.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Welp, the lady I mentioned hasn't responded to my message so either I am being screwed over by my phone again or this seems like a done deal

CYpGAPn.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »

Yeah I don't get the love for it at all.

Something about its texture makes me feel like gagging.

It's also probably the worst chocolate to eat in the northern territory.

The entire thing is either an uneatable goopy mess. Or it's from the fridge so it's all solid, and it misses the point of it anyway.

Veldrin
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I'm a chocolate snob. If you give a Hershey's milk chocolate bar I will politely say thank you and then discreetly put that shit in the trash when you're not looking. Give me 70% cacao or higher. I'd buy a case of Pascha bars every week if I were made of money.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Welp, the lady I mentioned hasn't responded to my message so either I am being screwed over by my phone again or this seems like a done deal

Phones have this function where they ring and you can use your voice.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    That Dave FellaCaedwyrSorceGrey GhosttynicTheodore FlooseveltJoolanderSkeithNija

Nooo don't do this! I mean, do it if you really don't want to date at all, but like, don't let crappy no-shows get you down. You're adorable! And fun! And who knows about this chick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNODN16-8vc

It's not just this chick, it's this chick plus 8 months of continuous failure to find someone who even comes close to holding a candle to my ex, nevermind somehow getting their attention and hoping they keep up consistent communication with me. The universe has spoken, and I must have the wisdom to realize the message it is sending: "Don't bother."

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

PassionateLovie
  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    "Feb 29 8:55 am

good morning Angelina

i seriously have no idea how to grab peoples attention (im rubbish at sales)
    ild really just like to meet get along and see if a relationship starts (but more than one date, if you decide in the first half hour i curious as to what your really after)"

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I can be quite self-deprecating myself, but using it as an opening line seems ill advised. Also: grammar!

PassionateLovieASimPerson
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    "Feb 29 8:55 am

good morning Angelina

i seriously have no idea how to grab peoples attention (im rubbish at sales)
    ild really just like to meet get along and see if a relationship starts (but more than one date, if you decide in the first half hour i curious as to what your really after)"

Reply:
    Don't be so hard on yourself (you got my attention)
    Oh you meant positive attention? Sorry (not sorry)

• JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Parsing the messages that Angelina gets is likely to become an anthro course at some museum.

Donovan PuppyfuckerDarth Waiter
    I like that if i decided to go on a date with him at some point big men in suits will come and drag me to the second date. As one date is just not allowed, making my mind up during the first date makes me a woman of questionable intentions.

MadEddy
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I like that if i decided to go on a date with him at some point big men in suits will come and drag me to the second date. As one date is just not allowed, making my mind up during the first date makes me a woman of questionable intentions.

Is that what that second part of the message means? I admit wasn't quite able to parse it.

Xaquin
    Yeah, well I'm hoping that's not exactly what he meant.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    what if the big suited man who you think does the dragging is actually there to date you

wY6K6Jb.gif
    what if the big suited man who you think does the dragging is actually there to date you

Well then he needs to bring Magnums.

Donovan PuppyfuckerUsagiPassionateLovie
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

Well then he needs to bring Magnums.

This will never stop amusing me

2x39jD4.jpg
    JoeUsergodmodeNeoTomaXaquinSTATE OF THE ART ROBOTDarth WaiterPassionateLovievalhalla130MadEddySkeithNija
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Junpei wrote: »
    Parsing the messages that Angelina gets is likely to become an anthro course at some museum.

They do kind of read like there's a timer counting down while they type.

forumsig.png
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Being self-deprecating is the worst, for me personally. I've been there with the low confidence, but for goodness sake you are not making me want to date you by putting yourself down.

AngelinaSolarPassionateLovieSCREECH OF THE FARGMadEddy
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Being self-deprecating is the worst, for me personally. I've been there with the low confidence, but for goodness sake you are not making me want to date you by putting yourself down.

Yeah I used to be like that a lot and while I've not had to date anyone since I've learned differently, it makes sense that introducing yourself to someone by telling them how little you think of yourself, is not a good way to help them see you as anything different.

forumsig.png
    LiiyahonovereStraightziSCREECH OF THE FARG
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »

Yeah I used to be like that a lot and while I've not had to date anyone since I've learned differently, it makes sense that introducing yourself to someone by telling them how little you think of yourself, is not a good way to help them see you as anything different.

Eeeexactly. You think you're shy and boring? Let me decide if you are or not.

darleysamAngelinaMadEddy
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Date #3: he's slowly realizing he can touch another guy and not burst into flames. We played Halo co-op (first time for me) and I didn't do too badly, especially after I got the hang of aiming.

Donovan PuppyfuckerMadEddy
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Tonight's dating location was decided using an online dice roller

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I think self deprecation is fine, in the right situation.

But it really can't be in your profile, and it can't be a crutch for your comedy. Otherwise it just gets sad quick.

Blake T on
    LiiyaVeldrindarleysamhonovereSolartyniclittlewrenJebusUDbalerbowerSCREECH OF THE FARGMadEddySkeithNija
    Yeah, self-deprecation should add flavour to your character, not be your character.

FAQ
This discussion has been closed.