As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Wrestling Thread] is going to cry for a few days, if that's ok with everyone

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Pretty sure Eva never hurt anyone?

Tweet got deleted, but she legit concussed and KO'd Carmella with a stiff kick months ago at a house show. No punishment

punishing wrestlers for accidentally injuring other wrestlers seems like a real shitty idea and barely relevant to what's going on with titus

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Even if there isn't enough public backlash I hope the suspension is still reduced. 30 days would still be a lot but Titus could still make Mania at least.

Course we also have the distinct possibility of him getting shunted to Superstars and ME for the rest of his contract whenever he comes back. Sigh

Even if he wasn't suspended, for what possible reason would Titus be at Mania? He wouldn't be on anything but some throwaway pre-show match at best.

Hey...they need dudes for the useless battle royal.

please show proper respect for the Annual Andre the Giant Memorial 30 Man Over-the-Top-Rope Battle Royal at Wrestlemania

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Dex has a recording tomorrow night and I have a $5 bottle of wine. What wrestling goes well with cheap wine?

Other than Total Divas I know that already.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, you think the stories people say about Vince and HHH and Steph are bad now? oooooooh. Wait till after they're gone. Those ex-employees are being polite

Plenty of dudes, of all races, have left WWE. I have only heard of one dude claim that they were discriminated against that I can remember, Orlando Jordan.

EDIT: Also, hate to break this to everybody, but stereotypes as gimmicks did not originate with WWE and it will not die with WWE either.

Goose! on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Dex has a recording tomorrow night and I have a $5 bottle of wine. What wrestling goes well with cheap wine?

I'm DMing you a link

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

It depends on what kind of wine.

I think a good white wine pairs well with a classy organization like Evolve. A red wine goes well with a more full-bodied promotion like Progress.

And if you're wondering about other promotions:

Chikara is a fruit punch because it is family friendly and also the adults can spike it with alcohol later if they so choose.
    PWG is some kind of hipster craft beer that has become ridiculously hard to obtain.
    WWE is Bud Light. It's fine and will get the job done when you want a drink but there are definitely better options available.
    RoH is Buckfast because a certain WeedLord made a very compelling argument.
    NJPW is sake because I'm super racist but also sake is really good and more people should drink it.
    TNA is shit. It is not a beverage but like alcohol it is flammable.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options

I'm DMing you a link

That was ridiculous, thank you.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited February 2016
    Was it kaiju big battel

Whippy on
  • Options
    it was WMAC Masters

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Even if there isn't enough public backlash I hope the suspension is still reduced. 30 days would still be a lot but Titus could still make Mania at least.

Course we also have the distinct possibility of him getting shunted to Superstars and ME for the rest of his contract whenever he comes back. Sigh

Even if he wasn't suspended, for what possible reason would Titus be at Mania? He wouldn't be on anything but some throwaway pre-show match at best.

Hey...they need dudes for the useless battle royal.

please show proper respect for the Annual Andre the Giant Memorial 30 Man Over-the-Top-Rope Battle Royal at Wrestlemania

It's the match that's so respected, John Cena almost took part in it once before he found something better to do instead!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    it was WMAC Masters

LOOK AT THE STRIATION

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Nirya wrote: »

I think a good white wine pairs well with a classy organization like Evolve. A red wine goes well with a more full-bodied promotion like Progress.

Chikara is a fruit punch because it is family friendly and also the adults can spike it with alcohol later if they so choose.
    PWG is some kind of hipster craft beer that has become ridiculously hard to obtain.
    WWE is Bud Light. It's fine and will get the job done when you want a drink but there are definitely better options available.
    NJPW is sake because I'm super racist but also sake is really good and more people should drink it.

This is gold right here.

Though I associate RoH with Yuengling because I won't go searching for it, but if it's there I'll take it and enjoy it without complaint.

Also the wine is not classy at all, it was $5 and has a giant rooster on the label.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    Also, I have a lot of rum, what am I supposed to watch?

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    411Randle wrote: »

Ultimate Surrender.

(do not do this)

Maximum on
  • Options

Ultimate Surrender.

(do not do this)

I wish I didn't know what that was.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

This is gold right here.

Though I associate RoH with Yuengling because I won't go searching for it, but if it's there I'll take it and enjoy it without complaint.

Here was Hullis's pitch:
    Tank Boyfriend: it's a tonic wine
    Tank Boyfriend: from ireland
    Tank Boyfriend: the oft repeated unofficial slogan is
    Tank Boyfriend: Buckfast gets you fucked fast
    Tank Boyfriend: buckfast leads to bad decisions and barfights

It was hard to argue against that.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Anyone here up for live viewing Russo Nitro's when they start showing up on the Network?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    I still can't tell if he's one of the worst wrestlers I've ever seen or one of the best. It's kind of amazing.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Here's an update on the Titus thing
    Titus O’Neil’s suspension issued last night was reportedly done in order to send a message to the WWE talent roster. According to Wrestling Observer Live, Vince McMahon suspended O’Neil for ninety days because the message needed to be sent that WWE stars needed to stop “messing around” and be professionals.

According to the site, there have been several people on the roster who have been walking a line in terms of following company rules and McMahon wants WWE to be a professional organization. While O’Neil was just messing around with McMahon, it was considered “one messing around too many” and O’Neil became the fall guy for everyone else who has been going too far.

O’Neil is liked by WWE officials, particularly since he’s their go-to guy for charity with John Cena out. The Prime Time Players were broken up in order to help push O’Neil as a singles guy and while it hasn’t been acknowledged on TV, he went undefeated for nearly three months before he lost to Adam Rose on Raw.

O’Neil also posted his first social media comment since being suspended on Instagram:

“For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled (ranked below others who are honored or rewarded), and he who humbles himself (keeps a modest opinion of himself and behaves accordingly) will be exalted (elevated in rank).” ‭‭Luke‬ ‭14:11‬ ‭#Blessed #ContentOfCharacter #Faith #Family #Community

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Came across this picture on a GIS...

eb39aea345b9e0f77b41b60313e59658.jpg

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

Ultimate Surrender.

(do not do this)

I wish I didn't know what that was.

This is actually how the thread livewatch makes its return.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    let's watch WMAC Masters instead

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

“For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled (ranked below others who are honored or rewarded), and he who humbles himself (keeps a modest opinion of himself and behaves accordingly) will be exalted (elevated in rank).” ‭‭Luke‬ ‭14:11‬ ‭#Blessed #ContentOfCharacter #Faith #Family #Community

There is no way this a post from Titus O'Neil, the capitalization is all correct.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »

There is no way this a post from Titus O'Neil, the capitalization is all correct.

Maybe he's testing out his new "mature" persona.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I mean, maybe the retirement of one of your peers isn't exactly the time to play grab-arm with the boss. On live TV.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »
    I mean, maybe the retirement of one of your peers isn't exactly the time to play grab-arm with the boss. On live TV.

It was just a bad situation all around.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I tend to always blame the really rich shitheel

• Options

I can't believe this came on after Saturday morning wrestling, I don't remember it at all.

• Options
    Technically it wasn't on live TV, just the Network.

• Options
    I tend to always blame the really rich shitheel

The punishment is excessive but Titus should have thought it through better.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I'm not a bible person, does Luke 14:11 actually explain itself in parentheses?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Still hoping Titus is back on TV sooner.

• Options

I can't believe this came on after Saturday morning wrestling, I don't remember it at all.

superstar is played by the guy who did mocap for liu kang in Mortal Kombat 1, he was blackballed from Midway for trying to look for an acting career instead

red dragon is the guy who played scorpion in the MK movie

tsunami went on to be a power ranger

between season 1 and 2, they dropped shannon lee, the moralistic stories, and went full ninja movie/pro wrestling with the storyline

it got cancelled after 2 seasons on a genuinely cool swerve and cliffhanger

there's so, SO MUCH to talk about with this show

• Options
    Remember when WWE had racist caricatures Cryme Tyme sell "Lita's" underwear and vibrator and yeast infection cream in the segment after her retirement? Ahh...so respectful.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSDKkz0zaCk

or watch this

Brains vs. Brains(with swag)

• Options
    Remember when WWE had racist caricatures Cryme Tyme sell "Lita's" underwear and vibrator and yeast infection cream in the segment after her retirement? Ahh...so respectful.

It's been well established 2006 WWE was mostly terrible.

• Options
    given an infinite amount of time, professor layton will eventually do something interesting

• Options
    Oh, VGCW may be a good option.

This discussion has been closed.