As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I'm building up a Jawa team for the tank raid (phases 1 and 3). Any suggestions on how to mod them?
    Jawas are best on P3. Jedi are best on P1. There are other teams which perform better in P3, but they are best reserved for P2 or P4.

You'll want Nebit to be beefy as all hell, as he'll need to soak up all the damage. In HAAT, it doesn't matter as much, but it helps a ton in NAAT. JE is best with lots of speed, if you can. I threw on a lot of offense onto Jawa and Datcha. For Scavenger, potency is pretty important.

What kind of damage are you doing for NAAT with this team?
    It's been quite a while since I did an NAAT, but I'll throw out what I remember. I think I was doing on average around 1.75M in P3, but I cannot remember if that was with JE or with Ugnaught. In a fit of nerd rage with my last guild, I purged all my saved screenshots of team damage reports. I may have something in this thread. I'll see what I can find.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'm building up a Jawa team for the tank raid (phases 1 and 3). Any suggestions on how to mod them?
    Jawas are best on P3. Jedi are best on P1. There are other teams which perform better in P3, but they are best reserved for P2 or P4.

You'll want Nebit to be beefy as all hell, as he'll need to soak up all the damage. In HAAT, it doesn't matter as much, but it helps a ton in NAAT. JE is best with lots of speed, if you can. I threw on a lot of offense onto Jawa and Datcha. For Scavenger, potency is pretty important.

It's been quite a while since I did an NAAT, but I'll throw out what I remember. I think I was doing on average around 1.75M in P3, but I cannot remember if that was with JE or with Ugnaught. In a fit of nerd rage with my last guild, I purged all my saved screenshots of team damage reports. I may have something in this thread. I'll see what I can find.

Ugnaught, eh? Tell me more

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I thought GW Nodes weren't actually player teams but instead just whatever the game could throw together to hit a certain powerlevel.

No they are definitely player teams you can see the name of the player you are fighting on the nodes.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Since I was using JE for my droid/P2 team, I was down a member. Ugnaught has a good AOE stun on droids, as well as double-damage and DEF down debuff against droids. Additionally, he has a 9% evasion for each active droid enemy, plus 25% TM bonus when he evades.

He's pretty useless against anything that's not a droid.

EDIT: For easy viewing, here's Ugnaught.

Le_Goat on
  • Options

Since I was using JE for my droid/P2 team, I was down a member. Ugnaught has a good AOE stun on droids, as well as double-damage and DEF down debuff against droids. Additionally, he has a 9% evasion for each active droid enemy, plus 25% TM bonus when he evades.

My JE won't be ready for awhile but I can get Ugnaught ready to roll.

What mods did you put on him?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I threw on a bunch of Crit Chance mods that had speed and potency. It may not be the best combination, as I built him up before they changed the mod challenge reward system. Since then, I've been hyper focusing on building up my droid and clone teams.

I ignored survivability, as Nebit should be tanking almost all damage in NAAT.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I thought GW Nodes weren't actually player teams but instead just whatever the game could throw together to hit a certain powerlevel.

No they are definitely player teams you can see the name of the player you are fighting on the nodes.

With the caveat that they are sometimes pumped up artificially by GW. You could see this when there was bug that sometimes when you got to the last node it would have a bunch of Gear level 3 and 4 guys all at level 85. This can also account for why sometimes you can wreck high gear teams but the exact same team composition will wreck you another time. I don't think they add new mods so whale teams with super expensive mods can ruin your day even on lower level nodes.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I got 7* Nihilous finally.
    I went all in to level him when he was in the shard shop, devoting basically all my resources to him, which got me from 4* all the way up to like 60/100.
    I have no idea how you're meant to get him if you missed that.
    Wait yes I do because i'm also trying to level Baze.

:/

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Ok so I just finished off the Normal AAT P4 phase. I was leader overall for the guild. My total damage across all phases was about 15 million.

On today's P4, I decided to pay attention to the damage of my top 3 squads.

My very best squad are my Sith. They did about 200k and died on the first bomber run because I don't have any guaranteed buffs on them. Actually, now that I think of it, I ran Sith wrong. I've got Maul's Zeta which should be giving out some buffs, but I ran Emperor as leader so I might have done better with the right leader. So my strongest squad did the least damage.

My rebels did 2.7 million damage. They're far and away my best PVE team. I run Leia for the crit buff. She can keep it at around 95% uptime on the AAT.

My Clones were the last squad I ran, and I completed the event with them. I only did about 500k damage but that's because the boss ran out of HP. My Clones aren't super strong, mostly gear 8 and 9, but they're my second best PVE team.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I got 7* Nihilous finally.
    I went all in to level him when he was in the shard shop, devoting basically all my resources to him, which got me from 4* all the way up to like 60/100.
    I have no idea how you're meant to get him if you missed that.
    Wait yes I do because i'm also trying to level Baze.:/

Hey, those 3 Hard Mission attempts can fruitfully yield... maybe a couple of shards per week. Like, a half dozen! Maybe a bit more!

But yeah, clearly they want us coughing up cash for crystals.

23 shards away from 6*, another 100 for 7, that's... 2,480 crystals?

Frankly it's less than I thought it'd be, not that I've done the math, but it does also require skipping a couple of gear purchases, weeks of farming/saving, and hoping the RNG drops him in my shop often enough to get it done in a reasonable time frame.

I snagged a few shards while he was there, but yeah, going from that (not great) level of availability to '3 attempts per day wooo!' is kind of a pain, especially for a character showing up so much in the meta these days.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    I started using crystals to buy Baze whenever he's in the shop, which so far isn't too often so it doesnt feel too expensive.
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ok so I just finished off the Normal AAT P4 phase. I was leader overall for the guild. My total damage across all phases was about 15 million.

My very best squad are my Sith. They did about 200k and died on the first bomber run because I don't have any guaranteed buffs on them. Actually, now that I think of it, I ran Sith wrong. I've got Maul's Zeta which should be giving out some buffs, but I ran Emperor as leader so I might have done better with the right leader. So my strongest squad did the least damage.

My rebels did 2.7 million damage. They're far and away my best PVE team. I run Leia for the crit buff. She can keep it at around 95% uptime on the AAT.

My Clones were the last squad I ran, and I completed the event with them. I only did about 500k damage but that's because the boss ran out of HP. My Clones aren't super strong, mostly gear 8 and 9, but they're my second best PVE team.

Don't forget Palpatine's heal/damage ability gives everyone offense up for a few turns!

I added R2 to my phase 4 rebel team as a backup buff guy. I get several million pretty easily, they're great.

• Options

I started using crystals to buy Baze whenever he's in the shop, which so far isn't too often so it doesnt feel too expensive.

Don't forget Palpatine's heal/damage ability gives everyone offense up for a few turns!

I added R2 to my phase 4 rebel team as a backup buff guy. I get several million pretty easily, they're great.

My Rebel phase 4 team is Wiggs, AA, Lando, and Rex. I know Rex isn't a rebel but he can guarantee a buff and has TM reduction. I'd put Leia in, but she runs with my clones and buffs them.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options

You can mix up teams as well. My best P4 NAAT team is lead IG88, Fett, Palp, RG, Lando/Maul. They get around 3 mil usually. It's built around building up debuffs for Fett to dump execute on.

• Options
    Double drops in almost everything today, dudes!

I just finished Sith Trooper to 7 stars.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Heh, I just realized why it seemed weirdly cheap to finish off Nihilus.

It was because I did the math wrong. It'll cost me 9,200 crystals to finish him off (minus whatever I manage to farm in the 3x hard mode attempts per day).

Whelp, I'm glad he's only 15 away from 6*, but that 100 shard climb won't be pleasant.

Forar on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I bought a one of those 100 crystals per day packs and it just expired today.

Boy is it tempting to get another one...

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I know people speak highly of using Boba to blow up a heavily buffed Baze, but even at Gear level 9 and packing 4-5 dot mods (not great A's, but it's a start) I just find his Execute rarely has enough punch to put him down.

I'm hoping Nihilus might manage to do it. I've started including him in an early GW to get some turn meter, and think I might try putting him behind a bunch of tanks. If he can live long enough to blow up Baze on a nasty node 12, the rest of my squads should be able to make short work of the remainder. Baze+Chirrut just pack way too much staying power, especially with a General Kenobi on hand.

• Options
    Double drops are done. Hope people got some good loot!

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    I know people speak highly of using Boba to blow up a heavily buffed Baze, but even at Gear level 9 and packing 4-5 dot mods (not great A's, but it's a start) I just find his Execute rarely has enough punch to put him down.

I'm hoping Nihilus might manage to do it. I've started including him in an early GW to get some turn meter, and think I might try putting him behind a bunch of tanks. If he can live long enough to blow up Baze on a nasty node 12, the rest of my squads should be able to make short work of the remainder. Baze+Chirrut just pack way too much staying power, especially with a General Kenobi on hand.

Nihilus's Kill move timer resets on each GW node sadly.. :bigfrown:

• Options
    edited June 2017

Nihilus's Kill move timer resets on each GW node sadly.. :bigfrown:

I know, but having him near the turn meter cap means I can fire off Drain Force, and then it's just about hiding behind a pile of tanks.

Like, I'm thinking STHan/RG/Sun Fac/Nebbit. The most obnoxious wall of bullshit I can put down to buy time. My problem is that most of my GW 12's that are obnoxious generally seem impossible to kill, but they rarely hit so hard I can't make it a couple of rounds.

Forar on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

They're still up for me!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options

Yeah Nihilus is the only decent counter to them that I've found. You might get lucky with Fett but those are long odds. I really despise them.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah normally I see a baze in the last node and go "fuck this."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I finally got a chance to use my clones in P4 HAAT. Damn am I glad I spent the time investing in them. Did about 1.4M dmg, the best I've done on any HAAT phase. Echo and 5s still had full protection and health by the time Enrage kicked in.

• Options

They're still up for me!
    Same. I still have 6 hours left.

• Options
    Jeesh. I just faced an Arena team that was fairly silly. It was a full stall-tactics team. It was Chewie (Leader), Bariss, Imperial Guard, Fives, and Vader. Vader was the only offense that team had.

The battle lasted so long that my Darth Nihilus got to use his insta-kill 4 times.

• Options
    I've got a question: I'm closing in to unlock Han Solo off our regular Rancor raids.
    Can someone give a rundown on him, and some tips what he is best used for?

• Options
    I have never encountered even one Han Solo ever. Which is odd, because I do see the occasional General Kenobi. But I can say I've never seen anybody using Han. So I have no idea how good he is or what role he's supposed to fill.

Just looking at his kit though, he has "Shoots First" which lets him start the battle with a stun against the enemy. He also appears to build turn meter very quickly. I'd say he's probably a decent fit for an alpha-strike Rebel Squad. (PVP oriented character). You can use him to lock down your biggest threat for a turn and then try to kill them with the Wedge/Biggs combo. Or something.

That's just theorycrafting because like I say, never seen him in actual gameplay.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I've got a question: I'm closing in to unlock Han Solo off our regular Rancor raids.
    He's fantastic for getting the first shot off which has a high chance to stun. An extremely high crit chance is key with him, as Deadeye not only does a ton of damage, but he gains TM based up on his crit chance. Additionally, Never Tell Me the Odds grants every ally evasion up, which when paired with some groups is pretty amazing. If you have Cad Bane as your lead for Scoundrels, that evasion up will significantly boost TM for your team, as each dodge grants TM. With my Rebel squad, that evasion up is real nice when ST Han is taunting.

Going up against him can be a royal pain, as RNG determines who he targets the first shot before the round even starts, so it can be either incredibly dumb or horribly painful.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    He's fantastic for getting the first shot off which has a high chance to stun. An extremely high crit chance is key with him, as Deadeye not only does a ton of damage, but he gains TM based up on his crit chance. Additionally, Never Tell Me the Odds grants every ally evasion up, which when paired with some groups is pretty amazing. If you have Cad Bane as your lead for Scoundrels, that evasion up will significantly boost TM for your team, as each dodge grants TM. With my Rebel squad, that evasion up is real nice when ST Han is taunting.

Going up against him can be a royal pain, as RNG determines who he targets the first shot before the round even starts, so it can be either incredibly dumb or horribly painful.

Seems I got another reason to level up my Jawa team then. Thank you!

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    Looks like the new update has adjusted squad power rankings.

• Options
    Yeah, power scores are higher across the board, but they also seem to have changed the stat valuations. HP does not appear to be weighted nearly as heavily. Fives was always in my top 2-3 dudes because he's just a monster with a lot of HP, but Fives fell way down the list.

My #1 is now Darth Maul. And Maul was nowhere near the top previously, so whatever stats he has are valued more highly in this new system. I think Maul jumped from around number 8 or 9 to number 1. I'm guessing that the new system must be taking Zeta into account. Maul is my only Zeta character currently, and he took the number 1 spot. I can only assume it isn't coincidence.

• Options
    Yeah, power scores are higher across the board, but they also seem to have changed the stat valuations. HP does not appear to be weighted nearly as heavily. Fives was always in my top 2-3 dudes because he's just a monster with a lot of HP, but Fives fell way down the list.

My #1 is now Darth Maul. And Maul was nowhere near the top previously, so whatever stats he has are valued more highly in this new system. I think Maul jumped from around number 8 or 9 to number 1. I'm guessing that the new system must be taking Zeta into account. Maul is my only Zeta character currently, and he took the number 1 spot. I can only assume it isn't coincidence.
    Oh shit... you're right! 5s is till #2 for me, but Cody just jumped from #7 to #1.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Hmmm, no update for me yet.

Is protection any better than health, in any way? If I had a choice between +100 health and +100 protection, I'd choose the health because that can be healed. Is there any reason to choose protection instead?

• Options
    I had the update in the Google Play Store.

Protection is good with Clones, as they gain 5% of max protection every time they use a regular ability, thanks to Cody's leader ability. Other toons are best used with health, for the reason you just stated. I'm not an expert on that decision, so someone may have a better idea.

• Options
    Protection is best for arena teams where you want as much stuff in front of you as possible. Protection is also "cheaper" than health as you get more of it for the same mod. For instance a 5 dot circle primary will give you 5.88% health or 23.5% protection, and as most toons base stats give more protection than health you get even more on top of that. I never use mods with health primary if the toon in question is going to be in the arena.

Health can be more useful in GW where you won't be able to get it back after each node. However, I have other teams that take care of the early fights so my best teams all have protection instead of health as they will likely only be used for a fight or two at the end.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I can't back this up, but my assumption was also that they re-weighted how mods effect power ranking, because my top 20+ changed dramatically, and one thing that stood out was that characters with high level mods who'd been a lot lower shot up the charts.

But lowering the value of health would explain some of it as well.

Edit: a friend made a good observation; Zeta's might have a power level as well now? (ability levels in general)? He noticed that his top 4 are all characters with Zetas, and now that I look at it, so are my top 3. Now, maybe it's just because we're likely to put great mods and gear into characters we also Zeta, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Edit2: He upgraded a character ability, their power went up. Abilities now count for power, as they always should have.

... maybe I should just go read the patch notes.

Forar on
  • Options
    As I understand it the base stats, stars, gear, ability levels, and now mods make up the power level. Before mods didn't factor into it and I'm not sure if omega or zetas added much to it or not. So far I have found the new power level much more accurate. It also don't feel I have to eyeball every opposition's mods before I select a match to see if they have loads of high value mods.

On another subject the Chaze combo has officially become the most annoying thing in the meta right now for me. The strategy to defeat them shouldn't only be "have Darth Nihilus" (not that that's a guarantee either). Even when I get the upper hand it can be hard to close out a match because they just heal, heal, heal, such that I can't even put them down before the timer expires.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Mods definitely affected the power level, as mods change the stats. I remember taking all of the mods out of a toon and they plummeted in rank. The difference now is that power is now determined by different stat weights. Zetas definitely affect the power ranking, as my only two toons to be Zeta'd (Cody and 5s) are #1 and #2. What I find odd is that Cody jumped from #7 to #1, surpassing 5s. My only assumption is that offensive stats trump defensive stats. Additionally, it appears that Zeta has a flat rate that will most likely push a toon above all non-Zeta'd toons.

As for eyeing the opposition, I never pay attention to the mods and go strictly for the stats page, if at all. Looking at mods just adds to my confusion, so I just need a base stat line. Because I run the Droid/Jawa squad, the only thing I usually am worried about is speed. If my JE can top their highest speed, I am usually okay, provided that the squad matchup is favorable to me. There are some teams that will just eat me up if I face them.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I'm running Sith full time for PVP Arena, and with Maul as leader with Zeta, speed doesn't matter quite as much to me because I have a ton of extra dodge and stealth to help spread around and mitigate the damage.

But I'm considering putting together a team with Ahsoka-Fulcrum as the star. Need lots of buffs to get the most out of her. Thinking of running Baze to tank, plus Chirut, plus maybe also ST Han (?). That leaves one space open. Probably want another DPS. Maybe Leia? Or Lando?