As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I've reached the point where I really need to focus on specific characters to build synergies. My general pvp/GW squad is Vader, Tarkin, Lando, Boba, and Luminara. This squad is fine, everyone's at a decent power level, but I've started to focus on some others.

I have a six star Biggs, almost unlocked Wedge. With Lando, I just need to fill two slots for a decent Rebel squad.

I have Stormtrooper, Magma trooper, and soon Veers, for a pretty solid empire/trooper squad.

I've started to work on some clones as well. But that will be a while.

So hopefully I'm the next month or so I'll have pretty good light and dark side squads and I can finally finish up the campaigns.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Stormtrooper Han is great, as he is a Rebel (for that synergy/event type), a Scoundrel (for training droids and credit events), a solid character in and of himself, and available in the Arena shop (not a fast climb, but at least you're not as reliant on the RNG).

Darkside's hard campaign was a bit tough, but some synergies like droids and sith are badass enough to fairly easily overcome any obstacles. Lightside Hard I'm only on B, because they are full of fast characters that call for assists and just blow someone the fuck up. There's no Royal Guard for a reactive taunt, and while some characters do pack quite a punch, they're often (I find) a bit squishier than some of the DS teams I was running.

I should give LS a shot again, but it's frustrating to spend 20 energy on a single attempt and just have somebody blown up right out of the gate. Sure, finishing is better than not (A was 2-star'd), but being able to use tickets and not worry about it is of course my goal. (obviously there's a joke about wanting to play the game in order to be able to not play the game, but even with improvements to the GW, I find that the GW, arena, ship arena, and possible raids all take up more than enough of my day as it is)

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I've reached the point where I really need to focus on specific characters to build synergies. My general pvp/GW squad is Vader, Tarkin, Lando, Boba, and Luminara. This squad is fine, everyone's at a decent power level, but I've started to focus on some others.

I have a six star Biggs, almost unlocked Wedge. With Lando, I just need to fill two slots for a decent Rebel squad.

I have Stormtrooper, Magma trooper, and soon Veers, for a pretty solid empire/trooper squad.

I've started to work on some clones as well. But that will be a while.

So hopefully I'm the next month or so I'll have pretty good light and dark side squads and I can finally finish up the campaigns.

Rebels are great, but I basically never have to take anything but my troopers out. They're all seven star (Veers, Magma, Storm, Snow, and Death) except for Death, who is at six stars, Gear is all nine to ten, with Veers Zeta. Most GW, there are about two to three enemy attacks throughout the entire run. I'm sitting mid200s in PvP with them. Snowtrooper is such a beast he kills most enemies for me, multiple at a time, with his AoE. Big heavy hitters that take forever to kill (Vader, Savage, Nihilus), drop almost instantly. It usually goes

My squad all goes first. Nuke somebody down. This gives everyone 50% TM, with Snowtrooper getting like 70%. Plus they all get Offense Up. Snowtrooper should have Crit Damage up from his AoE. He now basics for 15k crits.
    Deathrooper uses Exterminate on a priority target. Since an enemy has already died, it applies deathmark, making them take a good 10k extra from every attack. Magmatrooper doubleshot easily hits them for near 30k, if not more. They die, another 50-70% TM for the whole team. Rinse and repeat. Aside from pure meta teams, most opponents are rolled before they get more than two or three attacks off. Plus this gives you access to Potency mod challenges, and will easily walk through the Health mod challenges.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I can't finish the top tier of the Ewok challenge. My 3 main droids are good, but I don't have another 2 to round it out well.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I think some of those final tier Light Side hard missions are pretty much going to require newer characters to complete with a 3-star rating. Like... some of those droid ones where they can delete one of your dudes before you even get a turn, you're gonna need the Baze+Chirut combo.

On a different topic, my Scoundrel team is strong enough to clear the hardest tier of the Credit/Droid events. But I wouldn't say my Scoundrel team is very good. Just curious who you guys are running as your leader, and which members you're using.

I had not leveled Boba Fett until recently, because until his rework he was garbage. So I finally got him to 7-stars/level 85/Gear 8. And I think that makes him stronger than my Greedo and my Cad Bane. But I don't really know which to remove and I don't really know who to set as leader. Again... I can clear the T4 Credit Heist so I don't think it really matters. But I just want to improve it and make it more efficient.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I think some of those final tier Light Side hard missions are pretty much going to require newer characters to complete with a 3-star rating. Like... some of those droid ones where they can delete one of your dudes before you even get a turn, you're gonna need the Baze+Chirut combo.

On a different topic, my Scoundrel team is strong enough to clear the hardest tier of the Credit/Droid events. But I wouldn't say my Scoundrel team is very good. Just curious who you guys are running as your leader, and which members you're using.

I had not leveled Boba Fett until recently, because until his rework he was garbage. So I finally got him to 7-stars/level 85/Gear 8. And I think that makes him stronger than my Greedo and my Cad Bane. But I don't really know which to remove and I don't really know who to set as leader. Again... I can clear the T4 Credit Heist so I don't think it really matters. But I just want to improve it and make it more efficient.

I've got Boba in the lead, along with Chewie, ST Han, IG-88, and Cad. If I run into a node or 2 with 4+ enemies, it might be tight. Sometimes I swap around to Cad in the lead.

Generally I just auto the battle and select the targets.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I 3-starred all of them using my Clone squad with Anakin as an ally, except 3-C. I didn't use my clone squad on them and only 1-starred it. I haven't re-attempted it with my Clones yet.

I run Cad Bane as lead with ST Han as tank. With normal Han's Never Tell Me the Odds, you get that extra evasion up, which combined with Cad's lead is awesome because that's a lot of evasion stacked with TM gain when evading. Normal Han's Shoots First is fantastic for opening up each round with a high probability stun, and adding Boba and 88 is icing on the cake, as both put out good damage and AoE ability blocks.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I actually have not tried running Cad as leader. I might give that a shot. Extra evasion would be good. I think I've mostly been running Lando as leader.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    One of the other good things about Cad is his Stun Glove's ability to stun a target. Using it on the final boss is extremely helpful, as that dude packs a punch. Combine that with normal Han's Shoots First, you can practically remove that boss from the fight until every other enemy has been defeated, allowing you to hyper focus him while limiting his turns. That dude can mess your team up if left unchecked.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    rich36rich36 Registered User regular
    iv never evev seen this game, but feel i must investigate!!

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I ran droids as my main team for ages until the Sith update, and I still use them in GW and AAT phase 2, so I have a G11 IG88 with nice mods.
    I also use Lando for AAT so he's G10 with decent mods.
    I've got Boba Fett at G10 with average mods.
    Those 3 basically solo credit heists for me on auto.

My other 2 are STHan at gear...9? And Dengar, because one day Bounty Hunters will get a rework and I can get a full bounty hunter team and it'll be awesome, but for now he just sits in the back and is pretty useless.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    I wish Dengar and Greedo had more use. They have interesting kits. If the bounty hunters to get a rework, that could be one nasty team.

• Options
    rich36 wrote: »
    iv never evev seen this game, but feel i must investigate!!
    @rich36 - If you decide to jump on, lots of folks in here are more than willing to help with any questions. Also, SWGOH.gg is a fantastic site for the game.

• Options
    My 7star Dengar hangs out with my 7star Grevious, talking about how great it'll be when they finally get that rework.
    Mace Windu sits next to them, sobbing.

• Options
    Dayspring wrote: »
    My 7star Dengar hangs out with my 7star Grevious, talking about how great it'll be when they finally get that rework.
    I'm hoping that a 7-star Grievous will be able to assist with the last tier of the Ewoks. I'm 15 shards away, but unsure if I'll have him ready by then. He's two slots away from Gear IX.

• Options
    I fought someone in the arena last night that was running a Resistance team.

I didn't know people still did that. But there it was.

Oh, and I completely trashed it. How that person managed to get into as high a rank as he did is a mystery.

• Options
    Resistance is meant to be super good on offence, but super weak on defence.
    I'm half-working on finishing off my res team as they're meant to be great in phase 2 of the tank raid.
    Plus you know Resistance and First Order will get lots of new characters when the next movie comes out

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Resistance = band of glass cannons. My droid team + JE eats them up thanks to the initial speed boost + Crit Chance using Recalibrate. Having 219 speed on JE helps a ton, as it's rare that any other toon goes before my JE. Unfortunately, that's what I bank on. If 88 and 86 miss their shots, I can easily lose footing. But if they both crit, I can get all droids going 2 or 3 times before the enemy gets a turn, especially if 88 get ability block and DEF down landed on multiple enemies.

I once faced a team that had Biggs with an insane speed. He went before my JE and that team shat me out before I even had a chance to go. My jaw was agape.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

I stopped doing anything with Mace. With six stars and blue gear he's still like the 5th strongest character I have. And he's 10 levels BEHIND my next strongest character, Luminara, who is five stars and purple gear.

Power level seems kind of meaningless, at least as it relates to certain characters.

• Options

I stopped doing anything with Mace. With six stars and blue gear he's still like the 5th strongest character I have. And he's 10 levels BEHIND my next strongest character, Luminara, who is five stars and purple gear.

Power level seems kind of meaningless, at least as it relates to certain characters.
    In all fairness, one could say the same about any character. To be truly useful, synergy is what makes a team. If you put the 5 strongest toons together (all gear and star levels being equal), they'll get their asses handed to them by a "weaker" team that has good synergy. And a good synergy team will get demolished by an amazing synergy team.

• Options
    Yeah, my top 5 are Luminara, Boba, Biggs, Rey, and Ahsoka, with Vader right behind.

I don't use them as a team.

At best, I'll use my top remaining characters as mop up in GW. But that means I've already gone through my Sith and Rebel teams. And hopefully knocked out an enemy or 2 on the last node.

• Options
    I'm still using Mace as my fleet commander, because I got him to gear 10 for some reason (unlocking Yoda I think?) and I don't really want to gear up Tarkin or Akbar

• Options
    Another reason I used to use Mace was that he was the first ever full character i pulled from a Bronzium pack.
    Right after I made the previous post, i open one of my free packs for the day and get a full unlock for the second time.
    Well, 80 shards for the shard shop aint bad :D

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »

In all fairness, one could say the same about any character. To be truly useful, synergy is what makes a team. If you put the 5 strongest toons together (all gear and star levels being equal), they'll get their asses handed to them by a "weaker" team that has good synergy. And a good synergy team will get demolished by an amazing synergy team.

Sure. I'm seeing the importance of synergies. It's just that Mace's power level seems especially deceptive since his kit is "hit you hard sometimes or hit you and heal himself sometimes" when many individual characters have a lot more utility in their 3-4 info y'all moves.

I don't have a really powerful synergized team yet in terms of types, but my best characters all have abilities that complement one another.

• Options
    edited July 2017

Sure. I'm seeing the importance of synergies. It's just that Mace's power level seems especially deceptive since his kit is "hit you hard sometimes or hit you and heal himself sometimes" when many individual characters have a lot more utility in their 3-4 info y'all moves.

I don't have a really powerful synergized team yet in terms of types, but my best characters all have abilities that complement one another.
    I absolutely agree that for his power level and status as a tank, he should have more going for him. It's sad, really, because I have a soft spot for Mace. He definitely needs a rework, as there are better options available. I don't have an extended Jedi list, so he's one of my Jedis that I use in HAAT. His buff removal has been beneficial, but there are definitely better Jedi options.

I didn't mean to question your distrust in his usefulness.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I finally three-starred the final speed mod challenge. Speed mods for Nihilus time! But I wonder who else would benefit from those mods. It takes four pieces to get a set bonus, so it's probably not going to be for everyone.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    I have definitely discovered that my GW teams simply cannot deal with a zeta'd Maul and have difficulty with a zeta'd Kylo.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Zaul lead is pretty nasty. Zavage is great, too. I paired those two up along with Zader, Palpatine, and Royal Guard (I'm thinking TIE Fighter Pilot would work well, too) in the arena and I've barely dropped a spot in days.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, I just need to figure out a strategy to counter him on the rare times Zaul shows up on my GW. It may just be a needing to tier up my characters, but they're all pretty much waiting on tier 5 furnaces since they all need them. Just got to keep plugging away at raids and just buying them when they show up.

I have been encountering an oddity in the Ship pvp combat, where some really low powered teams are popping up sporadically in the top 10, so I've managed to sneak into rank 2 and 3 somehow every couple of days.

One thing I've come across in pvp teams is a Zeta Maul with all Sith and an Old Ben. I technically haven't fought it because of how solidly they've trounced me in GW, but I don't imagine Old Ben being in there will help me beat that team.

Cobell on
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    Zaul lead is pretty nasty. Zavage is great, too. I paired those two up along with Zader, Palpatine, and Royal Guard (I'm thinking TIE Fighter Pilot would work well, too) in the arena and I've barely dropped a spot in days.
    Get yourself Sith Trooper. He's a fantastic tank that can take hit after hit. His taunt can be "remotely" activated as it is triggered by Sith special abilities as well as the 50% health loss. This gives you a lot of control over when it pops and you don't have to rely on his speed to activate it during his turn. That lets you pile up the protection and health mods.

Nihilius should also be a target. I only have him at 5 stars and gear 9 and I use him alongside maxed toons in the arena with great results. He's very good about breaking the Chaze combo.

• Options
    R2 is really good at taking out Zmaul teams. Sith can't dodge you if they're on fire.
    B2 would be good too as he's got the mass dispell.
    Rex leader is also strong as it turns their speed and crit damage to your advantage.

Speed set mods are good on Jawa Engineer, Sith Assassin, maybe FO Officer, characters that "activate" your team.
    Oh, maybe Poe needs them too. He's all about going fast.

• Options
    Have any of you all fought against a high tier Phoenix team yet in either Arena or GW? I have not. I'm just curious how scary it really is.

Or are any of you actually running it?

I've been building my Phoenix team slowly. I'm not planning on missing Thrawn the next time he circles back around. In fact, I'm gonna go ahead and go on record now and say that I am anticipating a Thrawn capital ship to drop within very close proximity to the next time his character event comes around. And I definitely want a Thrawn capital ship.

My dark side fleet isn't quite there yet, but I'm working on it. The immediate goal is zeta farming, and for that I need to unlock the next tier of Tarkin's ship. But Tarkin is just a stepping stone on the road to other (better) things.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Have any of you all fought against a high tier Phoenix team yet in either Arena or GW? I have not. I'm just curious how scary it really is.

Sadly, I have not fought against one yet, which is surprising. I honestly assumed that squad would be insanely OP with Hera's lead distributing all Pheonix unique abilities to each team member.
    My dark side fleet isn't quite there yet, but I'm working on it. The immediate goal is zeta farming, and for that I need to unlock the next tier of Tarkin's ship. But Tarkin is just a stepping stone on the road to other (better) things.
    Lately, I've had a two-week drought of zeta from the challenge, which really blows. Then again, I've had some weeks of insane drop-rates with the challenge. RNG be damned!

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Dashui wrote: »
    I finally three-starred the final speed mod challenge. Speed mods for Nihilus time! But I wonder who else would benefit from those mods. It takes four pieces to get a set bonus, so it's probably not going to be for everyone.
    Speed is fantastic for PvP. The trick is finding the right ones. While speed mods do give a nice boost, it may be within your better interest to find a high tier mod that has speed as the main stat. For example, I have a few Crit Chance mods (MK V-A Crit Chance Receiver) that have +30 speed as the primary stat. I know this is a lame answer, but it really depends on who you're trying to boost via mods and how that toon is complimented by the other members of the squad they are running with.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I've FINALLY obtained 7-star status for General Grievous . Man, that took forever.

• Options
    edited July 2017

I've been building my Phoenix team slowly. I'm not planning on missing Thrawn the next time he circles back around. In fact, I'm gonna go ahead and go on record now and say that I am anticipating a Thrawn capital ship to drop within very close proximity to the next time his character event comes around. And I definitely want a Thrawn capital ship.

I fought one that was only partially fully starred out in pvp once and haven't seen it since. It didn't really stand up to my Biggs/Wedge team. If anything Hera granting counter chance to everyone via Kanan worked against them since I've got a Han tank. Han obviously eventually dies, but he's there just to fed turn meter to everyone else at a ridiculous rate.

Cobell on
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    I'm in an early beta whale shard and I haven't seen a single one. What I have seen is loads of maxed Thrawns. I would interpret this to mean that even though people spent time and money to buff their Phoenix teams up to get Thrawn they made the decision to only use Thrawn. That makes me think the Phoenix meta isn't so hot despite what it looks like on paper.
    I've FINALLY obtained 7-star status for General Grievous . Man, that took forever.
    Congratulations! Unfortunately I'm convinced that GG is just the devs being maximum trolls. I've given up any hope that he'll ever be useful.

• Options
    Pheonix team, while having good synergy, doesnt seem to put out enough damage to compete at the high end (apparently)
    Ezra has been showing up in ZQGJ/ZYoda Jedi teams though.

• Options
    Apostate wrote: »
    I'm in an early beta whale shard and I haven't seen a single one. What I have seen is loads of maxed Thrawns. I would interpret this to mean that even though people spent time and money to buff their Phoenix teams up to get Thrawn they made the decision to only use Thrawn. That makes me think the Phoenix meta isn't so hot despite what it looks like on paper.
    Congratulations! Unfortunately I'm convinced that GG is just the devs being maximum trolls. I've given up any hope that he'll ever be useful.

That makes GG movie-accurate, so I'm ok with it.

• Options
    Apostate wrote: »

That makes GG movie-accurate, so I'm ok with it.
    *GASP* ...I was a big fan of Grievous