As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Even if I bought the 80 shard Old Ben Pack, there is no way I'm getting 170 Old Ben shards through Cantina farming in less than a week. There were people estimating an average of 15 a day with 2-3 refreshes, and I definitely don't have that kind of crystal supply.

... I mean, bit of a broken record here, but it remains bullshit how little notice we had on this.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    So I can confirm Commander Luke appears to be an unstoppable juggernaut. I just ran into a maxed version of him in GW. He heals health and protection. Despite multiple attacks and even taking one of their guys out, he had as much health and protection at the end of the battle as he had at the beginning. The guy has a permanent counter chance and he gives all rebels the same. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to kill him.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Auto-kill? Nihilus might continue to be the answer to some of these ridiculous new characters and combos.

Or perhaps Boba Fett as an alternative? He has some fort of execute move. I don't really know how it works because I don't use Boba Fett, but I know he's got it.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    There's a video with Luke soloing a Rancor. I don't know if it was heroic, but I'm under the impression that CLS may well be broken as fuck. (as is often the way with new characters)

And here I thought running into Baze/Chirrut teams, and well built Nihilus teams, and finely tuned Thrawn teams was going to be the limits of my frustration with bullshit GW nodes.

I suspect that if half of what I'm hearing is true, that's going to only get worse with this asshole in the mix.

What can be frustrating on the GoH forums (cesspool that they are) is that even reasoned and thoughtful critique of the lack of notice we were given and the unfortunate absence of even a chance to catch up is called out by dozens of people with variations on 'oh you totally should've prepared better', as though a vague 'Luke and his friends' should've made me put everything on hold and immediately start farming.. Old Ben?

Much as I dislike Reddit in general, going to the GoH subreddit and seeing them get some praise and a metric shitload of "dudes, wtf?" was a bit cathartic.

Forar on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Unlocked CLS. :biggrin:

Did it with STH g10, Leia g9, Luke g9, R2 g8.

I hit auto for a while last night and just jumped in at the end when it looked like I had a chance.

Only Leia survived, but good enough.

• Options
    Had a Commander Luke Skywalker T12 GW node come up last night. They were running Luke, R2, Baze, Chirut and I forget who the 5th was. It wasn't a Rebel. It might have been Thrawn.

And anyway, I noped right on out of that one.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Had a Commander Luke Skywalker T12 GW node come up last night. They were running Luke, R2, Baze, Chirut and I forget who the 5th was. It wasn't a Rebel. It might have been Thrawn.

And anyway, I noped right on out of that one.

Shit, the 5th probably could have been a 1-star CUP. :P

• Options
    My node 12 last night was (Commander) Luke, R2, Fulcrum, General Kenobi, and General Solo, with every ability maxed/Zeta'd where applicable.

They ate my best team alive, I barely got off one or two shots regardless of what I did (backed out and tried a few different things). Tried a few different combinations. No luck.

I know it's new, I know people will take a while to 'figure out' new characters, but this kind of power is just bullshit, and right now it's the game basically saying "nope, you don't get to finish GW today, better luck tomorrow".

I'm interested in Territory Battles, but this kind of shit isn't ingratiating the game to me any. Fine, power creep exists, fine their business model is very Freemium, but a (what appears to be) massively overpowered characters AND a transparent money grab AND not getting enough notice to farm up AND not giving us any way to catch up is all continuing to stick in my craw.

Shit, one more week added to the event, or the non-R2 characters in the shard shop, *something*, would be nice.

Oh, I mean, not having "OP AS FUUUUCK" new characters might be nice too, but here we are.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    So are there any tips for finishing that last capital ship challenge (specifically Rebel Home One) for the 6th star? I've noticed on the times I care, that I can routinely trounce higher captial ship teams, but I just can't manage to even come close to clearing the final capital ship challenge. Is there just some kind of trick or something to get this last star?

Cobell on
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    We have 3 slots in our guild if interested

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »

I'd be interested if there's still an opening.

The Luke event has kind of soured me on the game, but I'm still playing pretty regularly. Completing daily login quests if nothing else.

But I was looking at the Old Ben rework and I'm wondering if he is now a better tank option for a rebel team than ST Han. I might put some investment into him once I get 7-star Lando and 6-star Wedge.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Finally unlocked Old Ben so I could do like 5 tiers of the luke challenge, but the second to last tier naturally requires a 7 star ben, of course it does. It's also probably a bitch of a fight based on description.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I'm struggling with mission 3. My Han solo sucks (and honestly my Luke kinda sucks too) and I'm not able to clear two rounds of Stormtroopers.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I managed to get CLS right near the end. Now I'm thinking about good pairings. I bet a zeta'd Barriss and him would be pretty unstoppable.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    I'm struggling with mission 3. My Han solo sucks (and honestly my Luke kinda sucks too) and I'm not able to clear two rounds of Stormtroopers.

I had to remod Han for tenacity and crit damage so that he wouldn't get debuffed and be able to do some damage in return.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    My problem is that when this business began he was only gear level 7. That's all I needed for him to be useful in Scoundrel weeklies, so I stopped there. And gear 7 is not good enough for this Luke event. I've gotten him to gear 8, but 9 is all but an impossibility. Han needs 50 of those fucking blast furnace things that every fucking character needs and nothing except winning raids gives them out, and I honestly really only complete a stack of 50 furnaces about once a month, because they aren't guaranteed from raids and I might go 3-4 raids in a row without seeing any.

This game is dumb.

Edit: Plus, why should Han, who I never use for anything except Scoundrel weeklies get my precious 50 furnaces, when I could give them to someone who actually made the team.

The juggling act that this game makes you do is ridiculous.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Totally agree. What's real horse shit is the next battle is Leia and Luke for 8 freaking waves. Now admitted the waves are only 2 dudes at a time, but that was also brutal. If I didn't zeta Leia I probably would have gotten pasted.

I guess I have 3 months to work up Old Ben or however long until this event comes back, just in time not to have Finn unlocked and zeta'd gear 11 to unlock Jedi Ray who starts off rounds by killing an enemy.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

The Luke event has kind of soured me on the game, but I'm still playing pretty regularly. Completing daily login quests if nothing else.

But I was looking at the Old Ben rework and I'm wondering if he is now a better tank option for a rebel team than ST Han. I might put some investment into him once I get 7-star Lando and 6-star Wedge.
    What's your IGN? I think we're allies.

• Options
    Man. I hit a node 6 last night in GW that was a full Rogue One team. Jyn, Baze, Chirut, Cassian, and K2S0. Even though it's only node 6, I can't get past it without extreme casualties. If I put my main squad (Sith) against it, I know I can win, but I will take casualties and will probably not be able to finish the rest of the GW because of it. And if I use some of my other teams, it's like throwing bodies in a grinder. Chirut+Baze is just too strong. And then you put another tank in there (K2) and it becomes nearly impossible to chip through all that taunt and healing. And then you kill one and then it gets rezzed while you're working on killing the other one with taunt.

I honestly don't even begin to know how to counter this team.

• Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I haven't completed a GW is 2 months. I keep getting my ass handed to me by insane teams... for example.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

Yep, you're on my list. Name's Threeve.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Man. I hit a node 6 last night in GW that was a full Rogue One team. Jyn, Baze, Chirut, Cassian, and K2S0. Even though it's only node 6, I can't get past it without extreme casualties. If I put my main squad (Sith) against it, I know I can win, but I will take casualties and will probably not be able to finish the rest of the GW because of it. And if I use some of my other teams, it's like throwing bodies in a grinder. Chirut+Baze is just too strong. And then you put another tank in there (K2) and it becomes nearly impossible to chip through all that taunt and healing. And then you kill one and then it gets rezzed while you're working on killing the other one with taunt.

I honestly don't even begin to know how to counter this team.
    Chaze frustrates me to no end.

I don't mind losing, but when they take our my best squad and everyone still has 100% life just fuck it.

Sometimes I don't even attempt those nodes. Better to save my sanity.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Unfortunately, you won't fit into the guild. I'm honestly not being an elitist jerk. We run HPit and HAAT, which require 7-star toons. It looks like Boba Fett is your only 7-star. Once you build up some more 7-star toons, hit me up and I'll ask the gents.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    So I actually managed to clear Han+Luke last night and then Luke+Leia. So I'm ready for level 6 when this event comes back in 6 months. My Luke+Leia team tore it up. So maybe my previous struggle with the Han+Luke level was entirely Han's fault. Because I didn't really do anything to improve Luke. All my improvements went into Han. And then I blasted through Luke+Leia on my first try without breaking a sweat.

My Old Ben is only 5 stars, so obviously I was not able to advance beyond the solo Kenobi level.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Looking for a little advice for the HAAT raid. Here is my basic idea: GG takes 7 hits before he buffs himself and resets his cooldowns. Each time I hit him, I want to do as much damage as possible to maximize the 7 hits. To this end, I've chosen Anakin as my leader and Asohka as the wrecking ball. Anakin gives all Jedi (and clones) 30% more offense and I think 20% crit damage. He also prevents the buff sometimes, if he manages to land immunity. Asohka just has a high crit chance and base damage, so she pairs perfectly.

I can't figure which Jedi to throw in there after that. I have Mace, for ships. His damage is ok to good, if he's over 50% health. Lumi, who isn't so hot, but her heal keeps me going to the enrage. Plo and Yoda, neither hits very hard, but I have them.

I want to stay away from Secura. Counter attacks eat into the 7 attack limit, so I'd rather avoid them. Or do her counters hit hard enough to justify the spot? If they hit harder than Mace, he's an easy drop. I don't have her and never see her, so I don't have a good idea what her damage looks like.

Ima Gun Di looks promising. I think he hits fairly hard, especially against droids, but again, I don't have him. I'd like to know before I farm him if he hits head and shoulders harder than Mace. Same for Fisto.

I think 100% I need Ezra. He's a bazooka. So who's the best fit in those last 2 slots? Who hits the hardest out out these options? I won't mix the clones in here simply because they are my phase 2 team, so I'm trying to stick with Jedi to maximize Anakin as leader and the raid buff. Anybody got any thoughts?

*edit Plo Koon is listed as having a pretty hard hitting basic. I don't have him geared very well, is he actually a threat if I invest in him? Right now he hits like a pool noodle, but if he gets better, that's a plus. I use his ship, dual purpose characters are always a plus.

Atlas in Chains on
  • Options
    I've landed Anakin's buff immunity on Grievous before. It doesn't seem to matter. Even if he has the debuff on him, Grievous still gets a reset and respawns his dudes. At least, that has been the observation I have made.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I've landed Anakin's buff immunity on Grievous before. It doesn't seem to matter. Even if he has the debuff on him, Grievous still gets a reset and respawns his dudes. At least, that has been the observation I have made.

It works, but not if you land it on the same hit that buffs him. I guess the buff happens first, then immunity is applied. But I do it all the time otherwise, it works great. Keeps his turn count down and I can hit him a lot more before he enrages.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    You need the

It works, but not if you land it on the same hit that buffs him. I guess the buff happens first, then immunity is applied. But I do it all the time otherwise, it works great. Keeps his turn count down and I can hit him a lot more before he enrages.

Yes, you need to hit him before the 7th hit or it will trigger after his buff. Anakin, TFP, and Cassian all have buff immunity on their primary attack and are very useful against Grievous.

There is also an odd state he can get in if you have a enough turn meter reducing toons. You can hit him with a TMR like Teebo's on the 7th hit but he when he gets his turn meter boost and reset it isn't quite enough to actually give him his next turn. If you can keep hitting him with TMR after that he won't reset and he will stay that way at least another 7 hits (it may actually be indefinite but it's tricky enough to get him in this state in the first place).

Also don't forget that the green triangle buff can be removed with a debuff ability like QGJ, Fett, or Mace, for example.

• Options
    They've finally released information regarding Territory battles: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127458/territory-battles-overview

• Options
    Looking for a little advice for the HAAT raid...

I want to stay away from Secura. Counter attacks eat into the 7 attack limit, so I'd rather avoid them. Or do her counters hit hard enough to justify the spot?
    My Jedi group is not that strong, so my advice won't be great. However, the goal for you is to get over 85k in damage in order to be a relative contributor. If you can score over 100k, that's even better. I tried a few different combinations, but it seems like IGD is the best leader for what I have. The counter attack is great and he takes a lot to take out. While I totally get the idea of only wanting to hit him with hard attacks, any attack will do. There will be times where all 5 toons counter him, even though only 1 hit will trigger Tactical Maneuvering (7th hit), that's an additional 4 hits on him. I know that doesn't happen often, but the opportunity is there.

More importantly, while we know what the strengths/weaknesses are of each phase, knowing what your team can handle should determine what you do in a fight. As I said, my Jedi team is not that strong, so for the most part, I just go for GG. I don't have the firepower or survivability to focus on taking anything else out and still put up good numbers. With my team, I generally score between 100k and 135k. For me, I'm satisfied with that.

The same is true with the other phases. In P2, for example, I rarely get a shot at crippling the tank a 3rd time. If I'm even slightly worried that I won't, I hyper focus the main cannon as soon as the 2nd cripple is done. That maximizes my damage for the round.

I don't seem to have that sort of luck in HAAT. Normal, yeah, but HAAT P1 just messes me up. Again, my Jedi squad is not amazing.

• Options
    New Leia, new han, and a new yoda. Joy I look forward to them all dead fucking me on a gw last node. Had one last night I didn't even try commander luke, gen kenobi, r2, thrawn and someone else I didn't care to look at since with those 4 I knew I was fucked.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    New Leia, new han, and a new yoda. Joy I look forward to them all dead fucking me on a gw last node. Had one last night I didn't even try commander luke, gen kenobi, r2, thrawn and someone else I didn't care to look at since with those 4 I knew I was fucked.

That's pretty much been my 12th node consistently now, too. I'll come across a zeta'd Barriss or Nihilus in there sometimes. It's a nightmare. I rarely beat them, but I can have some success if I take out one crucial character and then the whole lineup can fall.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    That was the fifth person, fucking nihilus.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Unfortunately, you won't fit into the guild. I'm honestly not being an elitist jerk. We run HPit and HAAT, which require 7-star toons. It looks like Boba Fett is your only 7-star. Once you build up some more 7-star toons, hit me up and I'll ask the gents.

No worries dude, don't feel bad.

• Options
    My last node yesterday was CLS, Chaze, R2, Leia.

I just noped out of that one.

• Options
    Dashui wrote: »

That's pretty much been my 12th node consistently now, too. I'll come across a zeta'd Barriss or Nihilus in there sometimes. It's a nightmare. I rarely beat them, but I can have some success if I take out one crucial character and then the whole lineup can fall.

My node *11* was a CLS led team, but lacked his Zetas so while tough it was beatable.

Then node 12 was CLS/General Han/General Kenobi/Thrawn/R2.

Seriously, fuck that noise.

Ugh, Chirrut/Baze is bad enough, but some of these combos leave me thinking 'even if I could beat this, I have neither the time nor inclination to waste an hour attempting team/RNG combinations to find one that doesn't just get blown the fuck up'.

It's just ridiculous. Clearing the final, juiciest node is almost entirely based on whether or not I get slammed by an absurd team like that.

• Options
    I did notice in that article about Territory battles that they did say something about "These missions also provide stat bonuses for some units that are important to Hoth and Rebels."

They kinda glossed right past that, but it doesn't sound like Hoth characters are required, but rather will have bonuses.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    This latest GW I'm doing seems tougher than usual...maybe something got tweaked behind the scenes?

• Options
    I've been having weird GW's where earlier nodes are more difficult than end nodes. I beat yesterday's GW and the toughest fight was like node 8 or something. Node 12 was a breeze. It was just an Anakin leader Jedi party, and my Sith team destroys Jedi. Plus they didn't have Yoda so I didn't even have to worry about the Tenacity buff.

But getting past level 8 took like 3 teams. I lost lots of dudes. It was a nasty Rebel squad with 2 tanks. It had K2SO and ST Han. And then it had Jyn, Wedge, and Biggs.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I did notice in that article about Territory battles that they did say something about "These missions also provide stat bonuses for some units that are important to Hoth and Rebels."

They kinda glossed right past that, but it doesn't sound like Hoth characters are required, but rather will have bonuses.
    It's their polite way of saying "These toons are note required, per se, but you're not getting far without them." I've been working on the Hoth Scout and Soldier to get them ready.

Another thing I read deals with the Galactic Power (GP) ranking. I am not 100% on this, so take it with a grain of salt. Apparently the biggest uptick in power per toon is when they hit Gear VII (first purple level). As such, it may be worth while to start getting those characters that you've purposely left alone at Level 1 up to Gear VII to increase your GP, which will contribute towards your guild's overall GP, which will unlock more aspects of the Territory Battles.

Le_Goat on