As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    I would love to see a Carbonite Han. And then I'd love to see a 7 star Carbonite Han.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    What would be the stupidest team possible?

Carbonite Han
    Jar Jar
    Elan Sleazebaggano
    C-3PO
    Kid Anakin
    Baron Papanoida

Yes, it's more than 5. I couldn't decide who to cut.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    And now with Territory Battles, not only will every character be important, the least used characters will be super important (I think our last Platoon squads needed something like 6-8+ 7* Lobots) and of course the Pay to Play comes back with a vengeance, with 'whale only' characters in the mix as well.

It'd be one thing if every character followed a reasonable path; event to get, crystals/packs for a while, then X months later ends up in a farmable location, followed by a store rotation of some sort.

Eventually you run out of things to spend GW and Arena points on (and even the Cantina one day), and while you can buy shards you don't need to convert (badly) into shard shop points, there's always the risk that something great or new will end up in one of those places, so the temptation remains to hoard thousands of points just in case.

With the 'new character events', I get the feeling it's not about unlocking them for us. No matter the gear level, a 2 or 3 star character is unlikely to aid one in getting deep into the arena or shore up a crucial spot on the GW squads. It feels more like they're warning us about what the whales will be fielding in a few days.

My 3 star Han #4 won't be a cornerstone character for TB's or GW or Arena... but the 7* Gear 12 one with perfect mods that I have to deal with on Node 12 or in the arena will be plenty exciting.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    To be fair, if it introduces some variety into GW and Arena, I'm all for it.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, I need to find a strong tenacity team for Arena.

Sith teams struggle against tenacity. I hate fighting teams with Yoda and Rex. So I'm thinking that maybe I should try to come up with a Jedi team with a focus on skills and stats that counter Sith teams. Because Sith totally dominate the Arena right now. So to beat that I need something that counters Sith.

My worst fights are against anything with Baze+Chirut, and then tenacity buffs.

Edit: I don't even have Baze unlocked, I don't own CLS, but I would imagine a team of Baze, Chirut, CLS, as the backbone, and then a couple DPS would be ideal. Maybe Wedge+Biggs? Or Jyn and Cassian? I dunno.

There are tons of Rebel options now. Rebels are the biggest classification group in the game by a pretty big margin now.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hey an event where I can actually complete every single difficulty level. Neat.

This is how they do it with their sell you the rest of the shards later characters. Like Fulcrum. You'll get these guys to 3 star and they'll sit there.

Sure but when they released Fulcrum I couldn't actually finish her off because I still had a pretty weak collection.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Yeah, I need to find a strong tenacity team for Arena.

Sith teams struggle against tenacity. I hate fighting teams with Yoda and Rex. So I'm thinking that maybe I should try to come up with a Jedi team with a focus on skills and stats that counter Sith teams. Because Sith totally dominate the Arena right now. So to beat that I need something that counters Sith.

My worst fights are against anything with Baze+Chirut, and then tenacity buffs.

Edit: I don't even have Baze unlocked, I don't own CLS, but I would imagine a team of Baze, Chirut, CLS, as the backbone, and then a couple DPS would be ideal. Maybe Wedge+Biggs? Or Jyn and Cassian? I dunno.

There are tons of Rebel options now. Rebels are the biggest classification group in the game by a pretty big margin now.

Rex lead is still super strong, and I still see him amongst all the CLS leads. His leader ability is non factional so you can plug and play a lot

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Man, what the hell is with these node 6's lately that are as strong as a node 12?

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    g12'd my CLS.

Working on R2 now. He's g10 with number crunch zeta.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Man, what the hell is with these node 6's lately that are as strong as a node 12?

I ran into a full rogue one team at node 6 recently. I don't quite understand why the Chaze duo is everywhere but the rest of the team doesn't see a ton of play. They work extremely well together. Anyway, by the time I got past them, my chances of finishing that particular run were nil.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017

I ran into a full rogue one team at node 6 recently. I don't quite understand why the Chaze duo is everywhere but the rest of the team doesn't see a ton of play. They work extremely well together. Anyway, by the time I got past them, my chances of finishing that particular run were nil.

Because G. Kenobi, CLS, Thrawn, and Nihilis are more powerful toons than any of the rest of the Rogue one group, regardless of any synergy they have.

Apostate on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    It has been interesting to see the spikes in power within the clan as we lead into the second Territory Battle. I think we snagged 29 stars on the first one, and while there's a pressing desire to be ready *now*, the 24 hour timer means that there's still a couple of days before those higher stars become necessary.

Just got the Rogue One team up to 85 (a couple of them were like 60-65 or so), but what I really need now is to put a couple million credits into mods for them and the Phoenix squad. Most of them have a few mods here and there, but some are just placeholders. I'd like to farm up more mods all over, but the Captain Solo is a giant cantina energy sink that'll be going on for a couple of months by the looks of it. 47/330 and climbing. Ugh.

At least unlike farming Old Ben and Hera, it's not a giant drain on my ticket supply. Maybe I'll start getting ahead again finally.

Finally managed to 7* the TIE Advanced, so that was nice to wrap up. It'd be nice if they shuffled a few new characters/ships into the GW and Arena shops. I'd capped out on both, so I've been spending arena points on prestige to max out all 3 Capital ships, and now on credits to catch up on the demand for said levels and mods. GW was getting up around 20k, so I bought out an entire wave for shard shop points in preparation for the new Han and Chewie ending up there. I won't 7* them by any means, but taking them from 15/30 to the next star at least would be nice. Not that 4* characters are super useful for much of anything, but at least it's a little progress until they make them somewhat more attainable (eternal optimist here).

Forar on
  • Options
    I finished Old Ben over the weekend, so I'm officially ready for CLS the next time he cycles around.

Cantina energy redirected to Hera.

• Options
    I finally got Nihilus on farm, so I'm no longer dropping crystals on him...just slowly getting those last 64 shards.

Got all the Jawas to 7*. They're all only at 75 at the moment, though.

Phoenix is gonna be a chore. Chopper is halfway to 7*. Hera is 24/85. Sabine is 45/65. Ezra is behind Sabine. And they're all 70.

Clones will probably be the next push.

Also trying to beef up FO/Resistance when I can.

Went through and tried to up low level characters, especially if they were left close to gaining a star.

Not sure when Hoth Han will fit in.

But I finished Leia, so Luke should be possible. And I added Magmatrooper to my Imps, so I have a little bit of flexibility there when R2 comes back.

Finally, starting to think about the next Zeta. First went to Vader. Not sure if I should try and complement him or go LS for flexibility.

• Options
    Initially I wasn't as put out as many on other forums about this TB being entirely Light Side... and then I realized that *all* of my Zetas are on Dark Side characters (mostly Sith and Kylo Ren). Not that I have a lot of them, mind you, as I've been spending ship shop points on characters and ships instead of extra Zetas, but I unlocked the last challenge pretty quickly, so while it's not super consistent, some lucky double drops on the challenge have let me get a number of them loaded up (Um... Maul, Savage, Kylo, and both on Nihilus, off hand) with only sporadic purchases (usually when I'm at 18 or 19/20 and just want to get it done).

I think QGJ might be my first Light Side, he'd probably be a better lead than I'm currently using (generally the countering guy... IGD or whoever it is). I know R2's are spoken highly of, and of course CLS but I won't have him until they bother bringing him back around. There are other solid options, but I think that'd be a good start, especially for missions when I'm forced to stay light side. Might even be enough to help me progress in these damned Light Side Hard Mode battles. I've 3 starred all but 1 Cantina battle, and all of the Dark Side, but LS just keeps kicking my ass, even when I grab an overpowered badass from one of my allies.

• Options
    Any suggestions for a good team for Tier 2 of this Assault Battle?

Either "level 80, with mods" is a damned lie, or there's some magical combination that'll breeze through it.

Either way, I'm guessing I don't have what's needed.

• Options
    Level 80 with mods is a lie. I've got a strong Rebel team well beyond that and they get smoked.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Well-geared is a huge factor. I used my clone squad and tore through it, but they are well geared (XI) with two Zetas.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    I just got my 8th ship to 5 stars. Let the Zeta harvest begin!
    (the next time the ship abilities challenge rotates through)

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    For those who got Commander Luke, what gear and mods did you need? I'm getting close to 7* Farmboy Luke (and then everyone will be 7* kennel 85) but want to figure out how strong my characters need to be before the event comes back.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Wow, I think I'm already over TB.

There's no individual component to it, but we'll show how you compare with the rest of your guild.

The only missions that reward anything other than points can't be accessed because of the character requirements.

And if your guild can't get that third (or second) star, there's no point in wasting time with it.

Being in a guild where we're lucky to get 15 contributors probably doesn't help my frustration.

• Options
    Yeah. My guild is fed up too.

This game completely ignores small guilds. It's true in the raids also, but this TB thing has made it more apparent. They don't care about small guilds. If you don't meet some magical number of contributors, you might as well not even bother with Heroic content or the TB.

"Oh, your guild is made up of 8 real life friends who want to play together. We're sorry. You need 30 minimum before you are relevant."

• Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    For those who got Commander Luke, what gear and mods did you need? I'm getting close to 7* Farmboy Luke (and then everyone will be 7* kennel 85) but want to figure out how strong my characters need to be before the event comes back.

Gear list is here
    I've got him with 2 health and 4 crit damage mods.
    Of course speed is top priority, same as everywhere else

• Options
    edited September 2017
    TB is absolutely not intended for small guilds, nor should it be. I view TB akin to end-game content in traditional MMOs. It's meant for players and guilds who have mastered everything else. They've designed it so that less powerful guilds aren't totally left out, and thus getting something for trying, but this is supposed to be the hardest content available.

When my last guild was stalled on HAAT and not doing much about it, I bailed and found a guild that was doing the current end-game content: HAAT. If you're in a similar position, try looking for a new guild. I spent 4-5 months working with that previous guild, but barely any progress was being made and it was a waste of my time/effort.

Now there are tons of guilds that are successfully farming HAAT. TB provides that new goal. Our guild only obtained around 35 stars last time, but the rewards were decent and we're once again having to figure out strategy through trial and error. Personally, I enjoy doing that and its erased the monotony of logon, do this, do that, check back later, rinse, repeat.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    "Oh, your guild is made up of 8 real life friends who want to play together. We're sorry. You need 30 minimum before you are relevant."
    Guild events are meant for a full set of 50 active players working together.

I know it's easy to say when I've found a guild that does this, so I'm looking from the inside out. When guilds were first announced, I wasn't thrilled to be required to socialize with random people. However, once I got into active guilds, it was totally worth it. It'll be hard to find an active guild with 8 available spaces, but you may want to scout the forums, maybe make a post saying there are 8 of you that want to progress with an active guild. Someone may answer.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »

Gear list is here
    I've got him with 2 health and 4 crit damage mods.
    Of course speed is top priority, same as everywhere else

Sorry I should have clarified, but how strong of a rebel team (Leia, ST Han, Old Ben, Farmboy Luke, and R2) do I need to go through his event and get all of his shards?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    What gear level are your team members at the moment?

Also I have about 5 spaces left in my guild at the moment, if anyone is interested.

• Options

Also I have about 5 spaces left in my guild at the moment, if anyone is interested.

I might be interested. What's the guild like?

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Gear 12 is killing what little enjoyment I had left of this game. They need to stop with the gear levels.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options

Leia: Gear Level XI (power 16,497)
    R2: X (15,393)
    Obi Wan: IX (14,076)
    Farmboy Luke: IX (11,403) - He's only 6*
    ST Han: VIII (11,091) - He's only level 73 and his mods suck

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    You should be able to do CLS without too much trouble. Might be worth saving some credits so you can bump han/old ben and switch some mods if you have problems.

I might be interested. What's the guild like?

We down Rancor Heroic in like 20 minutes so we have a 24h no damage rules. We havn't completed HAAT yet but get to phase 4 when we try so hopefully completion isn't too far off, and we got something like 21 stars last TB.
    So not top end but not too far off most content

• Options
    That's ahead of where we are...haven't seen H Rancor yet. We got 10 stars last TB.

What about dailies? I try and do as much as I can, but I don't always get the full 600.

• Options
    We're not so strict. Log in and do what you can. If you'll be away for a few days let us know. We have discord but its not mandatory.
    We are mostly based in Japan tho, so we start raids between 6pm-12 JP time (which is GMT+8).

• Options
    Dashui wrote: »
    Gear 12 is killing what little enjoyment I had left of this game. They need to stop with the gear levels.
    Why is a new gear level destroying your entertainment? It's been a while since the last gear level update, so we were due for another with the introduction of so much new content (TB)?

• Options
    While trying to work on guild strategy for deployments, I came across this wonderful gem . While the write-up is helpful, what I found of particular interest we're the spreadsheets at the end, which break down TP requirements per star for each zone.

I found it helpful, so I hope it assists you folks and your guilds

• Options
    edited September 2017
    So apparently there is a huge bug in PVP. Opponents are dealing massive damage beyond belief.

They've fixed it, but your GW may be affected

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I did it, I said fuck this game and uninstalled. I feel free.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    What's it like... out there?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    What's it like... out there?

Not full of stupid daily activities, micro transactions and lack of progress.

Honestly I've just looked at all the time I've wasted on this game and it comes up wanting, and I played eq for years.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I believe this last update is making me think the same way. They took out gear from the fleet arena store... So there goes my best source of some of the harder to collect ones.

Marek on
    XBL: Jason Marek