As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ahhh. I'm not super confident in my Phoenix team, but they're at 7*/85, so maybe with a little mod shuffling it can be sorted out. They aren't exactly an unstoppable force of terror in the TB missions that require them.

Getting Thrawn up to 7 stars would be awesome, fingers still crossed for a reappearance of CLS before the year is out.

The 2 days of double drops are indeed hilarious. Without crystal refreshes, that's 10 attempts, a max of 20 shards, but let's be real, that means we're probably lucky to get much more than 6-10 (33% drop rate seems to be the rule of thumb, with a little optimism for a touch of luck from the RNG). I guess since Ghost and Phantom are buyable from the fleet shop, it's possible to accrue faster than that, but even if the event lasts a week, that's just another RNG to play with (and may require setting back other projects).

Boy I am just one big ray of sunshine today. >.>

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Ahhh. I'm not super confident in my Phoenix team, but they're at 7*/85, so maybe with a little mod shuffling it can be sorted out. They aren't exactly an unstoppable force of terror in the TB missions that require them.

Getting Thrawn up to 7 stars would be awesome, fingers still crossed for a reappearance of CLS before the year is out.

The 2 days of double drops are indeed hilarious. Without crystal refreshes, that's 10 attempts, a max of 20 shards, but let's be real, that means we're probably lucky to get much more than 6-10 (33% drop rate seems to be the rule of thumb, with a little optimism for a touch of luck from the RNG). I guess since Ghost and Phantom are buyable from the fleet shop, it's possible to accrue faster than that, but even if the event lasts a week, that's just another RNG to play with (and may require setting back other projects).

Boy I am just one big ray of sunshine today. >.>

I don't have Hera. Everyone else is at 7* except for Ezra, who is 18 shards away from being done. Gear levels are 7 and 8. I'm worried about how well I'll do, too, especially without a leader.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    Installed the game on my ipad last year and played for a little bit, and came back to it about a week ago. Just hit the 40s a couple of days ago and unlocked Galaxy War. Don't have a very big collection right now, my best is a 4 star CW Chewie on Light side and 4 star Tarkin on the Dark, but sprung for the Veteran Han and Chewie bundle and they're my all starts right now, even at 2 stars. Reading through the early thread, seems like every ally code I add from posters are ones that haven't played in 100+ days. If anyone has a spot for a lower level ally, my code is 826-846-953.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »

I ran into this last night. Lost my best squad to an unplayed 0/6. I was pissed.

• Options
    @Visskar I added you. My name is Lucascraft.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Hah! I did the first '7 star capital ship event'. It awards... 15 shards.

Yes, this monthly event will take 6 more months to complete. EXCEPT! You can pay 800 crystals to refresh it.

I assume that scales up, but it's nice that they've flat out codified the whales having a half year advantage in the fleet arena. Y'know, so everyone knows what they're getting into.

Edit: I'm reading that we may need a 7* Home One to get a 7* Chimera. Oh look at the packs in the store! Get "10 to 100" blueprints for 1000 crystals? (Spoiler: it's 10)

Forar on
  • Options
    You do need it for the bullshit, OP Chimera. I'm pretty annoyed by this.

• Options
    @Visskar I've added you as well. Your in-game name is Scourge, correct?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    You do need it for the bullshit, OP Chimera. I'm pretty annoyed by this.

I'm hearing they may be running the event multiple times this month (it'd be nice if they dropped the coy act when announcing these things), so maybe it won't take 6 more months. If the rumours about it running 3 times are true, it'll take... 4 more months.

~120 days further behind the curve (both in terms of capital ship power and the extra reinforcement) won't mess things up at allllll.

Edit: And with the bonus crystals given to the top 20, they're clearly hoping to drive people into the packs/refresh/buying to aim to get to/stay in that obnoxiously limited range to recoup the costs.

Forar on
  • Options
    @Visskar I've added you as well. Your in-game name is Scourge, correct?

Correct. Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Anyone worrying about not hitting the star req for the cap ships, I just did ackbar. It's one match with 3 rounds like TB. I only got 15 shards with a 800 crystal refresh to run it again, lol.

They have really been ramping up trying to get people to spend lately.

Also, so beaten on this info.

@Visskar I also added you; I'm cobell

Cobell on
  • Options
    My issue is that I'm ~40 crystals shy of a 5th 6-star light side ship. I'm not hitting that before the end of the current event. A heads up would have been nice.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Hell, I can’t seem to get the 6* caps.

Home One is 80, and I have 5 fighters 6/85 (with 7/85 pilots)...I just can’t beat it.

• Options

Home One is 80, and I have 5 fighters 6/85 (with 7/85 pilots)...I just can’t beat it.
    Home One was a damn tough challenge. Mace's was insanely easy by comparison.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Visskar wrote: »
    Installed the game on my ipad last year and played for a little bit, and came back to it about a week ago. Just hit the 40s a couple of days ago and unlocked Galaxy War. Don't have a very big collection right now, my best is a 4 star CW Chewie on Light side and 4 star Tarkin on the Dark, but sprung for the Veteran Han and Chewie bundle and they're my all starts right now, even at 2 stars. Reading through the early thread, seems like every ally code I add from posters are ones that haven't played in 100+ days. If anyone has a spot for a lower level ally, my code is 826-846-953.
    I added ya. I'm dmg.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular

Didn’t have too much trouble with Akbar or Tarkin but Mace’s challenges have been hella difficult for me, with level 85 6*/7* ships.

@Visskar you might wanna delete your account and start fresh. In the year or so you’ve been inactive, all the players on your shard will have been grinding and gearing up so you may find all the pvp aspects frustrating.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Dayspring wrote: »

Didn’t have too much trouble with Akbar or Tarkin but Mace’s challenges have been hella difficult for me, with level 85 6*/7* ships.

@Visskar you might wanna delete your account and start fresh. In the year or so you’ve been inactive, all the players on your shard will have been grinding and gearing up so you may find all the pvp aspects frustrating.

Unfortunately I've invested some cash into acquiring Vet Smuggler Chewie & Han, plus part of Phoenix Squad, so that's really not an option. I've gotten to rank 2900ish on the Squad Arena and hit a wall, but at least earning enough between the daily points and the daily assignment I can pick up shards in the store every day. Based on friend invites sent to those I've played again, seems most people around my rank haven't played in a while. So once I'm up in character levels I should be able to move up the tiers again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Apparently I've made a mistake in getting Sabine instead of Chopper for this event.

People are apparently clearing 7* Thrawn with everyone G8, but I don't see how.

• Options
    Yeah, if people are G8 and clearing it, I need tips.

I can't even clear level 6 of the event.

• Options
    Note the clearing it with G8 seems to be qualified with a "but I also got really lucky." The times I've seen people say they've done it; they've also mentioned it took many, many tries and the right squence of events occurring.

• Options
    I'm autoing it while at work.

Hoping for some of that also got really lucky. :p

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Without Hera's lead, there's no point in me trying past unlocking Thrawn. Hera's only 5-star for me, so that's the end of the road until the event comes back.

I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that I can get Phantom II up to 5-star before the Chimaera event ends. If so, I can unlock that ship. Those double-drops are pretty awesome.

I'm also still trying to get TFP up to 7-star in hopes that I can finish that last round of R2. After that, I just need to grind to get Old Ben up to 7-star and I'll be ready for CLS event. But then I need to work on Hoth Han to 5-star so I can help out in TB with PO shards.... god damn, this is just one never ending list.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    The RNG seems to be very heavy on this event. Some people are saying they struggle to complete it with G10+ characters with 200+ speed on several of them (which is fairly absurd), some are saying they did it at G8 with most characters in the 150-180'ish range (ie: decent, but not requiring nigh-perfect mods). My Phoenix team are 3x G8 (Zeb, Sabine, Hera) plus Kaanan, Ezra and Chopper at 7, with mediocre mods spread around. I've gotten T6 of the event down, though it took a few tries, but I just get *pasted* by Thrawn in the finale of T7.

Also, I had an epiphany that I can't imagine I didn't see before. The Capital Ship events? Look forward to facing 7* ones soon. The event is running 3 times each, and you can refresh each once per round for 800 crystals, which means... 3 refreshes plus one purchase of the 1000 crystal shop packs means you too can have a 7* capital ship 3-4 months before everyone else for the low price of 3,400 crystals, just over 10k to have them all there.

So that gives us a baseline as to what they feel it an appropriate lead for the 'whales' to have. I can't say a 7* ship itself should be unbeatable, or that one extra reinforcement arena breaking, but it's going to start happening in a few days, so that'll be fun to see shake out.

I guess I'll just wait to get them in February or March, depending on when they return for their 'monthly' visits. I won't at all be shocked if the Chimera makes a return before the 4th cycle, to spur on people to spend that weren't intending to.

I'm hoping to unlock the Chimera itself this round. 4/5 ships are ready, but I need a 5th. Nobody sensible committed valuable fleet shop points to Bistan's U-Wing (mine is at 4/65), so instead I'm going to pour some crystals into cantina refreshes while working on NuHan (almost at 6 stars). 2-3 per day should get me enough points to 5* Cassian's U-Wing, and then hopefully the other 4 can do most of the heavy lifting from there, because that thing isn't going to be a major killer by the time I get it to that 5th star.

• Options
    Guess I’m not sensible. I’ve got Bistan’s ship at 6 stars. :P

My rationale was why not push the ships that go with my high level pilots?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    That may have been overly harsh. I got it to 4 stars just because as well. I more meant it's never been in the meta, and the fleet shop is chalk full of other things I imagine most (but certainly not all) people likely prioritized ahead of it.

I find it a little more annoying that instead of simply putting some of these characters/ships into the Arena/Guild shop to spread things out, they took away the Shard shop as a place for non-Grievous characters and keep adding things to one of the harder places to get points for, at least proportionally to the amount of stuff they've packed into it.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Okay, I just did the last Thrawn tier with a gear 8 squad (equipped with a smattering of semi-random health mods). I used Hera, Kanan, Chopper, Zeb, and Ezra. It took me about 8 tries. I got to only Thrawn 3 of those times; 2 of those with less than a full squad. I succeeded with a full squad.

I followed some general advice from other places:
    1) It doesn't seem to matter much about the rounds leading up to Thrawn. I started autoing these until round 3 and then manually doing that to be sure I had no skills on cooldown
    2) Cleared out the storm trooper taunt whenever i could so I could drop the more dangerous trash
    3) Prioritized the 2 Death Troopers to kill first, then the tank, the 2 healers, and finally Thrawn for last.
    4) Tried to get Shatterpoint on one of my tanks whenever possible and then get Backup plan on them
    5) Always used Zeb to Assist attack when possible.

I think I got very lucky as Chopper absorbed several attacks in a row thanks to his +dodge when taunting.

Too bad I'm not very close to unlocking Chimaera. Ah well, that's for the future.

Cobell on
  • Options
    HA! Oh man, I wasn't able to make time to do a real attack in the Pit and ranked #46. I still received a fully crafted Mark V CEC Fusion Furnace! Those things are so time consuming to build up: 30 mk 3 Holo Projectors, 50 mk 6 hypo syringe, 50 mk 5 fusion furnace, and 1 mk 3 power cell.

It's proof that even a 0 hit can still score you a chance at good gear.

• Options
    Finally 7*'d Thrawn.

G9 Ezra and Sabine. Kanan, Hera, and Zeb G8. Stacked speed on Ezra and Sabine. Ezra over 200, Sabine close to it.

Took down the tank, then DT's, heals, then Thrawn.

Like Cobell, sent Zeb as much as possible for the stuns.

Can't wait to get this jerk geared.

• Options
    Mother Talzin looks pretty fun.

I haven't put anything into the nightsisters though.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Looks like we're about to boot 5 people from our guild because they aren't participating in TB and it's killing us. We missed a 3-star by 200k because several people hadn't even participated in the phase. If anyone would like to join up, let me know.

We're looking for people that are decently social (not a dick and not totally silent), will use GroupMe (it is a requirement), have good rebels, 6-star capital ships, and preferably have Hoth Han at 5-star. The biggest thing is that we need people who can and will actively participate in all 6 TB phases and adhere to rather simple raid rules.

Side note: you need to be rather thick skinned enough to take shit if you fuck up. One of the officers plays "bad cop" when someone breaks the raid rules. Some people don't take it well, but it's more in jest than anything else. Just thought I'd be upfront about it. Essentially, if you just follow the rules, it's not an issue. I've been in the guild for a while and haven't messed up once. They give you the damage percentages per phase which ensures you will remain below the damage cap, so they do the hard work for you.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    We had one person that didn't log in for 2 days for the TB, so they got the boot, but then inexplicably 2 other people left this morning, one after they had deployed in full to one of the territories (... thanks, I guess?).

I'm baffled why someone who wanted a new home wouldn't at least wait to finish what had been started, but man, it's frustrating to go from 50 to 47 in the span of an evening, especially while we're doing fairly well (on par to hit our usual 33 stars, maybe as high as 35).

That's not a 'cutting edge tryhard raiding team' there by any stretch, but I think that's pretty damned good for a team with a GP in the ~84m range (now down to 79m again).

If anyone in the 1.5-2m+ range is looking for a home and doesn't end up with Le_Goat, I'd be happy to point you to our Discord and lay out the guild rules/expectations.

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Forar wrote: »
    We had one person that didn't log in for 2 days for the TB, so they got the boot, but then inexplicably 2 other people left this morning, one after they had deployed in full to one of the territories (... thanks, I guess?).

I'm baffled why someone who wanted a new home wouldn't at least wait to finish what had been started, but man, it's frustrating to go from 50 to 47 in the span of an evening, especially while we're doing fairly well (on par to hit our usual 33 stars, maybe as high as 35).

That's not a 'cutting edge tryhard raiding team' there by any stretch, but I think that's pretty damned good for a team with a GP in the ~84m range (now down to 79m again).

If anyone in the 1.5-2m+ range is looking for a home and doesn't end up with Le_Goat, I'd be happy to point you to our Discord and lay out the guild rules/expectations.

If it wasn't for my guild to have some real life friends in it, I'd consider it. I'm getting a bit annoyed at our clan. We seem to have a hard time retaining level 85 who actually know what they are doing and the few we have a dick who don't follow guild rules and our leader is too afraid to kick them out because we desperately need them. I don't even think I'm that great and I'm easily the best of my guild and I'm mostly driving the TB by myself. After the first wave, we only manage to get 1 star in each territory all the way but we can't seem to be able to unlock that last row.

Raid-wise, we easily do the Rancor on elite but we can't do the Elite HAAT and my Arena Jedi team is struggling to keep up in the top 50 without General Kenobi and Commander Luke (who I missed only because I was missing a few shards to have a 7 stars Old Ben) so I should get him next time.

Speaking of Thrawn, I was able to unlock him to 7 stars with G8 Phoenix squad but I had to undress most of my best toons of their speed mods to help them be fast enough to get it done. That last fight was hard and did require some RNG luck but with some good speed mods and targeting the right trooper in order, I was able to get it done. Now I guess I need to work on my Death trooper, shore trooper to build a decent empire team to get with him.

Regarding BB8, I got him to G10 and my resistance squad manages to do 5 million damage on regular HAAT second phase which is nice now.

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    Woo, 3 days of double drops on Nightsisters. Thanks, that’ll really help.

And since they aren’t giving us Ewoks to use against the AT-ST this time, I can’t run that one.

• Options
    Oh, I see.

I forgot they gave us ewoks the last time.

I was like how the fuck did I 3 star this?

• Options
    Yeah, this paired Ewoks/Nightsisters thing is like they looked at the community reaction to their last few 'omg panic farming' events and said 'hold my beer'.

Here's what was posted on their forums;
    5 Ewoks at 4-stars to earn Wicket shards in the AT-ST event. When you have 7-Star Wicket, you can get zetas from doing the bonus tier of that event.

5 Nightsisters at 5-stars for earning Talzin shards in Defense of Dathomir. When you 7-Star Talzin, you can get zetas from doing the bonus tier.

Nightsisters/Phoenix for the new Assault Battle (Secrets and Shadows) - lots of highly requested gear and sith shards.

5 Nightsisters (I recommend G8+) for Advanced Tactics, again, helping get gear everyone's been requesting. No star-rarity requirement for T2.

Zombie and Spirit come from the Ghosts of Dathomir event. If you're level 80+ you will get them both the first time you win. If you're under level 80, you'll instead get a few shards and a huge XP reward the first time to help you level up.

Marquee events don't run again, but the rest of these will. No dates yet for future runs, so check them out while you can!

The Ewoks get an eye roll. "4 star Ewoks", funny story assholes, you gave us 3 of them at 3.5 stars. One is on a mission node, one is in the Cantina (which is fucking stuffed with characters on long grinds), and one apparently will show up in the guild shop. Would it have killed them to toss one Ewok into the GW or Arena shop? Same with the Nightsister Acolyte. I cannot help but think that they looked at the data, saw like 2% of the playerbase had all 5 at high stars, and said "oh, yeah, this'll drive some crystal sales". Guess I know where 900 crystals will be going this week.

I'll believe the "lots of highly requested gear" when I see it. Until then, I'm just assuming it'll be like 5 of something we need and 15 of something we already have thousands of.

The answer to 'omg we have so much to farm, and why the fuck do we need a dozen Lobots at 7* to fill platoons in TB' was apparently 'add a pile of new characters, one with a mechanic that seems OP as fuck, oops guess the poor just got poorer, serves 'em right'.

I sincerely do enjoy this game, or at least some elements of it, but c'mon guys, try to be a hint less transparent about how badly you want us all to blow entire paycheques on it.

• Options
    I'm not diverting my current plans for either of these.

Also, the fact that Raid Han needs 150 Mk 8 BioTech Implants to get to gear 12 is obscene.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    I'm not diverting my current plans for either of these.

Also, the fact that Raid Han needs 150 Mk 8 BioTech Implants to get to gear 12 is obscene.

Yeah, this one's a dud. I've been gatherin OT characters for Commander Luke, this won't change my daily play by a hair. I don't get all the angst with these things lately. The idea is pretty clear, if you want something on the first go, you pay. If you don't want to pay, it's time gated. You're not supposed to get them all, you pick the ones you're excited about. I don't know who is excited by night sisters, I think they'll have to be super powerful to pull in the cash.

• Options
    I'm not even going to look at it. I didn't care about Night Sisters before the event, and I've got so much already in-progress that I'm not going to let myself get distracted. Even if it's shiny and new and OP.

All eyes are forward and I'm trying to anticipate and get ahead of the game for Resistance. I'm actually nearly done. Finn is my last dude who isn't 7 stars, and unfortunately he's only 4 stars right now. I'm concerned that if I run all 5 light side battles every day, plus dump all my cantina energy into him, he still won't be 7 stars by the time Last Jedi comes out.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    You're not supposed to get them all, you pick the ones you're excited about.

Sadly, this isn't the case anymore, due to Territory Battles.

We need them all to complete Platoons, and to partake in bonus challenge combat missions.

Yes, granted, the former is across the entire clan, but considering that they've got CLS as one of the characters necessary to get the most out of the current TB, I won't at all be surprised if some of these prove necessary to make the most out of the dark side TB when it's released.

Plus that Zombie tank sounds obnoxious, and I suspect that having obnoxious tanks/teams will be useful for the competitive TB thing they've got coming.

Now, that requires one to give a shit about the TB's, and I know not everyone does. But it will continue to broaden the gap between the 'haves and have-nots'. It's low hanging fruit, but CLS is a massive game changer, and 'just missing out the first go around' has had an impact on the arena (something like 75-80% of my arena shard's top 50 are running him), Galactic War (boy it'd be nice to have one of my own to fuck some shit up with, though 'blow up everyone else and then stunlock him to death' is cathartic).

It's not just that one misses out on a character, it's that one misses out and falls further behind.

I mean, I played WoW for something like half a decade. I'm quite familiar with never ending treadmills.

But for a mobile game this is getting a bit out of hand.

I'm sure they'll have some packs offering up like 50 shards of each Nightsister for $20, and some bullshit "10-330 shard" gambling for 1000 crystals (spoiler alert: it's 10 shards).

Edit: Not to mention situations where you need one rare/hard to get character to get another rare/hard to get character (R2 for CLS). Missing out on new Nightsisters might also mean being behind (or missing out) on another such character, becoming further and further behind.

Forar on