As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    That was my experience with Thrawn.

I just auto'd and kind of kept an eye on it.

When it looked like I had a chance, I took over and made sure of it.

Also, unlocked Hermit Yoda yesterday.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    I haven't even started working on getting his shards, other than from TB achievement rewards. I've been focusing on DS teams. Still don't have a single toon at G12 yet, which is kind of sad, but I really need to round myself out right now.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    6 more shards and I've got him at 7*s, just put a bunch of gear into him on a whim, taking him from Gear 7 to 9, in the hopes that he's as useful as I'm seeing some people claim.

Don't feel too bad, I just recently finally got my first G12 character, R2, which I felt was a very solid use of materials. There's a pile forming at 11, but most of them need several pieces that I'm not anywhere near completing singly, let alone multiples of.

Once Hermit Yoda is done, I know I should probably dig into some of the gear and (less restricted) character shards available, but I'm tempted to grit my teeth and start the grind on the Wampa, despite knowing that'll be another half year or more of painfully slow progress.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    That was my experience with Thrawn.

I just auto'd and kind of kept an eye on it.

When it looked like I had a chance, I took over and made sure of it.

I also auto’d Thrawn after many many failiures doing it manually.
    I’m pretty sure RNG is much more favourable the less you look at the screen.
    Press auto and look away, you’ll be a big winner, trust me

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I foolishly saved up over 1.3 million Ally Points. Have spent over 200k of it in the past few days and now wish I had been spending my Ally Points all along.

Seg on
  • Options
    I usually sit on about 100k, just in case they one day ambush us with a new use for them, but yeah, I used to be up over a million, and eventually just spent them while reading the forums or watching tv, not even paying attention to what I got until I visited the Shard Shop and found I suddenly had another couple thousand points to play with.

• Options
    6*'d Chimera with 4 ships. :p

That's all I'll be able to do this time around.

I really need some ship building materials to get this guy trained up.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I tried to 7-star Thrawn over 20 times and couldn't do it. With only a couple of hours left in the event, I said fuck it and took someone's advice of setting it to auto, then started cooking. 20 minutes later, I check my phone and found out I beat it. It's totally RNG-dependent.

This is literally how I play every single part of this game. It’s rare that I actually tell my team what to do.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    I usually sit on about 100k, just in case they one day ambush us with a new use for them, but yeah, I used to be up over a million, and eventually just spent them while reading the forums or watching tv, not even paying attention to what I got until I visited the Shard Shop and found I suddenly had another couple thousand points to play with.
    Still over a million points but I figure at the rate I am going I will be down below 500k in a week or so. I hope that brings up my galactic power a bit more to help more with the event next time it comes around.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh man I can't imagine how annoying that'd be to use all those points. Even when I get myself up to 1k I'm like "ugh I have to tap a bunch of times".

• Options
    Annoyed when I accidentally tap finish instead of buy again.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I had almost that many points saved up when they were doing tournaments. When they finally cancelled tournaments, I spent hours cashing in all those ally tokens. I really wish they had an option to spend a ton at once.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Seg wrote: »
    Annoyed when I accidentally tap finish instead of buy again.

Oh, I do that intentionally. Instead of hitting Buy, Skip, moving to Buy Another, I just keep tapping the same place. Means I don't even have to look at what I'm doing, which might be a bit slower but infinitely less attention drawing while watching a show or something.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    Bravo.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Woot! Finally got 6*Thrawn

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    God damn

basically everything that could go wrong for me this TW has

My resistance team couldn't get rolling and died

and then I pressed the wrong button and started a match with a mismatched team that split up two of my stronger teams

then I thought maybe I could use some scrubs and take out a weak-ish team and a bunch of my attacks were dodged at a point where I could have gotten a solid upper hand.

total buzzkill on what was an otherwise pretty good poop at work.

• Options
    I feel you, man. This is the second TW in a row where I haven't been able to do squat. It's horribly frustrating.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Dooku is 99/100 shards right now.

I have never once invested in Dooku shards intentionally. Him being on the verge of star completeness is entirely based on passive shard gain from random sources and events and such where I don't get to select my rewards. Plus the free ally token store.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I have never once invested in Dooku shards intentionally. Him being on the verge of star completeness is entirely based on passive shard gain from random sources and events and such where I don't get to select my rewards. Plus the free ally token store.
    This is how I 7 *'d my ewok scout.

• Options
    twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular

As you're already probably aware, Dooku is insanely good, especially on a zNihilus or Palpatine-led team.

Getting him to 7* passively is really nuts (and lucky, to some extent - like an embarrassment of riches).

PSN: peepshowofforce
  • Options
    Sadly, I'm still only at 44/65 with Dooku.

• Options

As you're already probably aware, Dooku is insanely good, especially on a zNihilus or Palpatine-led team.

Getting him to 7* passively is really nuts (and lucky, to some extent - like an embarrassment of riches).

Anymore, most of the Sith are pretty good.

Eventually I'd like to get them all to where I can run two Sith Squads. After I finish Dooku, the only Sith I won't have at 7 is the Sith Assassin, and that one is at like... 4(?). I haven't put any effort into the assassin.

I'll probably run a Vader leader team, and a Nihilus leader team, and I'll try to arrange them as best I can to each team. Suggestions for how to do this are welcome.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    You could always plug holes on Vader’s team with Empire dudes.

Maybe Emp with Nihilus, Sidious with Vader?

• Options
    I got an in-game announcement this morning that the bounty hunter pack is on sale, which is usually a clear indicator of Credit Heist or Training Droid events, but I'm not seeing either of those. I've already force-restarted my app and still nothing. Is one of these events active and I'm just not able to see it?

• Options
    Training Droids was yesterday. Today is an Omega event.

• Options
    Right. I know training droids was yesterday. But since I got another advertisement for the BH pack, I would assume that today is credit heist. Which seems to not be the case. Hence my confusion about why I got the BH popup.

• Options
    Also, on the topic of these Omega Events -- they need to be 100% completely overhauled.

Completing the daily log gives 1 omega shard. So that means at bare minimum, a person is already earning omega at a rate of 1 per day. You can also randomly receive omegas from Node 12 of the Galactic War, and you can receive omegas from the ability materials challenges. Also, some of the cantina nodes contain omegas, like Veteran Chewie and Veteran Han for example.

So. These once-in-a-blue-moon Omega events that hand out 1 Omega shard are pretty worthless. 1 shard is hardly a reward worth holding a special event for, since players already earn 1 per day, everyday.

I got 4 omega shards yesterday. I got my daily log one, I got 2 from the ability challenges, and I got one from a Node 12. Holding a special event to give me 1 of something I earned 4 of yesterday is a clear indication that the special event needs to be revamped to be made way more lucrative.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    While the Omega events don't give you a lot, I still find value in them. I'm continuously playing catch-up with so many toons that I need all the Omega and Mk III ability materials I can get (especially the latter). What's funny is that now I seem to always have 20+ Zeta mats, but then lacking the other two. When I get enough Omega mats, I seems to be lacking the Mk III mats. Even when I have enough Mk III mats, I find myself thinking it may be better for me to get other toons fully Omega'd before I spend them all on a zeta, then I'm back to where I started. Only once I reach almost 40 Zeta mats do I decide that maybe I should burn 20 of them.

Keep in mind that I'm also always broke, having spent all my credits on leveling up toons and mods, so I'm probably behind other folks. This morning, I only had about 84k credits... again. I have at least 3 toons waiting for me to pay the 1 million to 7-star them, and a few others waiting to be 6-starred.

Given the "difficulty" of the Omega events, I also feel they are more tailored for people just hitting 80 or lower. That being said, it's not surprising that we only get 1 Omega mat. I mean, for use 85 vets, we basically just set it to auto and check back; they're a joke to us.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Did a pull for the Soundrels... 10 for Cad Bane. Sigh. Why do they lie about the 10-300 chance? I mean... I get it. Just... 10 is almost nothing for nearly a week worth of grinding.

• Options
    I'm not complaining about getting extra Omegas. I just think these events need to be revamped and brought up to modern standards.

If I were going to design a revamp, I would do the following
    --Increase difficulty of the first battle slightly, and increase the monetary payout slightly. 100k is not much, not when you can get 87k from GW Node 12. GW happens every day. This Omega thing is a "special event" so it needs to feel more special than a standard daily activity
    --Increase difficulty of 2nd battle and put more purple ability materials on it (same reason as above)
    --Increase difficulty of 3rd battle, and include more prizes in addition to the 1 omega shard. Add maybe some more money, or training droids, or ability materials, or even gear
    --Add a 4th difficulty, intended for people with level 85, gear 10+ characters, and put like 3 more omega shards and more money on this super difficulty tier

• Options
    I think you're absolutely right that a 4th tier is definitely overdue. My guess is that someone's greedy little fingers have said "NOOOOOOOO! We want people to pay for that shit!"

I do wonder what increasing the first 3 tiers' difficulty would mean for the lower-level players. I honestly have no idea.

• Options
    Just upgrade it to a Zeta tier that includes 1 or 2 Zeta bits (they're infrequent enough this would still be a drop in the bucket) and a smattering of Omegas, maybe a couple of bits from some of the gear we're eternally behind on as well. Again, they do these rarely enough it could be 5 bits apiece and I'd still be eternally behind, especially at the rate they're adding characters and new abilities.

Similarly, it'd be nice to have an extra tier to the credit event. Not to be greedy, but between levelling up mods and characters, 5 million (an average pull of 2.5 + 2.5) can disappear in an instant. Again, as something we only see a few times a month, it'd be a small increase overall.

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I'm not hating on the Omega event...sure ist a bit frugal with the payout but the Omega was what was missing to give R2D2 his Combat Analysis Zeta today instead of tomorrow. *Shrug*

A 4th tier with Zetas or even just Omegas and others would be very welcome though.

Disclaimer: I make a lot of Zetas from Fleet Battles, I have not been below rank 5 in the last 2 months. It is getting harder now though (fuck the Chimera bug!)

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Did a pull for the Soundrels... 10 for Cad Bane. Sigh. Why do they lie about the 10-300 chance? I mean... I get it. Just... 10 is almost nothing for nearly a week worth of grinding.

Just don’t ever buy those.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Disclaimer: I make a lot of Zetas from Fleet Battles, I have not been below rank 5 in the last 2 months. It is getting harder now though (fuck the Chimera bug!)

At least Omegas will (admittedly rarely) show up in the fleet arena shop once in a blue moon. I'm usually top 100, rarely top 50, so while I've caught up on a lot of stuff, it's only fairly recently that I've gotten down to a mere handful of ships/characters that I'm working on. At a glance, 86 more shards for Rex's ARC, 152 for Bistan's U-Wing, 178 for Poe's X-Wing, and 185 for the Scimitar.

Hrm, napkin math'd out, that's about 600 shards, which is 150 purchases, at a cost of 60,000 fleet points to finish off those ships. Of course, I'm also still working on the Reaper, Command Shuttle, Falcon, SF TIE and Silencer (or I would be if some of those were farmable), so if I don't buy any more zeta bits, it'll take about 48 days to accrue that many points, however Rex/Bistan/Poe/Scimitar aren't exactly super commonly available, to the point that I buy them every time they show up and still manage to get up to 5-10k points in reserve, so on occasion I augment the drip of zeta bits with a purchase there. Oh, and the dribs and drabs we get from the daily (woo, 100 points) and any other rare source that pops up.

Glancing at the list, 5th place is only 1600 per day, a healthy bump, but not quite the disparity I expected.

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

At least Omegas will (admittedly rarely) show up in the fleet arena shop once in a blue moon. I'm usually top 100, rarely top 50, so while I've caught up on a lot of stuff, it's only fairly recently that I've gotten down to a mere handful of ships/characters that I'm working on. At a glance, 86 more shards for Rex's ARC, 152 for Bistan's U-Wing, 178 for Poe's X-Wing, and 185 for the Scimitar.

Hrm, napkin math'd out, that's about 600 shards, which is 150 purchases, at a cost of 60,000 fleet points to finish off those ships. Of course, I'm also still working on the Reaper, Command Shuttle, Falcon, SF TIE and Silencer (or I would be if some of those were farmable), so if I don't buy any more zeta bits, it'll take about 48 days to accrue that many points, however Rex/Bistan/Poe/Scimitar aren't exactly super commonly available, to the point that I buy them every time they show up and still manage to get up to 5-10k points in reserve, so on occasion I augment the drip of zeta bits with a purchase there. Oh, and the dribs and drabs we get from the daily (woo, 100 points) and any other rare source that pops up.

Glancing at the list, 5th place is only 1600 per day, a healthy bump, but not quite the disparity I expected.

1st is 1800, but also 400 Crystals (5th 300). So very worth it.

1800 is almost a zeta a day, esp with the others you get from the dailys.

• Options
    Jesus... you guys are in the top 50? What's your fleet power? I'm sporting a 6-star Home with five 7-star ships and three 6-star reserves for over 345k fleet power and barely crack top 100. Some of the low 100s have fleets have a power of 380k and some with 7-star capital ships, so I'm happy to break 100 every once in a while.

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Man I wanna see some comic characters in here. Give me Aphra and Krrsantan!

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Tairu wrote: »
    Man I wanna see some comic characters in here. Give me Aphra and Krrsantan!

Give me a Darth Revan and Mandalore.

I'd love to see a Mandalorian team and/or Old Republic team.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!