Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

1457910102

Posts

  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    They really need a "buy 10" option for bronze crates. Not that spending 100k of them (I'm over 140k last I checked) would be 'fast', but at least it wouldn't take tapping at the screen for half an hour to make a dent in.

    Also, I'm still curious what the Ships content will be like, but suspect it'll probably be the usual grindy time wasting bullshit.

    But at least I do have Mace, Tarkin, and Ackbar all at 83/7*.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    VoodooV
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Also, I'm still curious what the Ships content will be like, but suspect it'll probably be the usual grindy time wasting bullshit.

    But at least I do have Mace, Tarkin, and Ackbar all at 83/7*.
    Don't forget the crew/pilots!

    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Btw is Rey still OP as all hell?

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    She still hits like a truck and if she gets to go first she'll probably delete a dude.

    But she is manageable. Her passive trait scales her damage based on buffs/debuffs. She does more damage the more buff icons she has. But give her even one debuff icon and her power drops significantly. Multiple debuffs and she hits like a wet noodle.

    The way to manage Rey is to bring dudes who can apply debuffs. The problem is, most every character with a reliable source of debuffs is slow. So she's gonna delete somebody before you can get her power under control.

  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    She still hits like a truck and if she gets to go first she'll probably delete a dude.

    But she is manageable. Her passive trait scales her damage based on buffs/debuffs. She does more damage the more buff icons she has. But give her even one debuff icon and her power drops significantly. Multiple debuffs and she hits like a wet noodle.

    The way to manage Rey is to bring dudes who can apply debuffs. The problem is, most every character with a reliable source of debuffs is slow. So she's gonna delete somebody before you can get her power under control.

    Good to know. Right now I'm still working on getting more characters and trying to level to get my first 7* eventually.

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Also, if any folks are looking for an ally my code is 519-621-842. :)

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Also, I'm still curious what the Ships content will be like, but suspect it'll probably be the usual grindy time wasting bullshit.

    But at least I do have Mace, Tarkin, and Ackbar all at 83/7*.
    Don't forget the crew/pilots!

    I haven't, but they haven't been a high priority. Working on Droids for easy-mode Galactic War, Wedge, Jawas, and a host of other projects.

    Only so much energy and opportunity in the day, y'know.

    A have a number of them at 83/7* (Boba Fett, Fives, Biggs, Geonisian Soldier, Rey, JC) and others as WIP (Wedge half way to 7* but level 60, Resistance Pilot 7* but only level 50, etc), but those probably won't see a lot of attention until I hit the level cap again, especially if the Dev's are going to be stingy with the credit heist (GW, rare heists, and other income is barely keeping my head above water here at 83, so 2 more big bumps to overcome).

    Based on the 'crew/ships/commanders you'll have unlocked by 60', it seems I'm going to be drowning in shard shop fodder once again, which is okay, as by my calculations I'm around 7,300 or so shards away from Grievous at 7*.

    It's a long term project.

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Yeah, get those goddamn credit heists going. I've been farming up scoundrels to do the higher tier stuff because credits are completely my bottleneck.

    What is this I don't even.
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Yeah, get those goddamn credit heists going. I've been farming up scoundrels to do the higher tier stuff because credits are completely my bottleneck.

    Yeah, I'm starting to get that now at 55 as well. Still need to get another scoundrel or two I think.

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Btw is Rey still OP as all hell?

    Yes she still does between double and triple the damage of anybody else I have.

  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Yeah, get those goddamn credit heists going. I've been farming up scoundrels to do the higher tier stuff because credits are completely my bottleneck.

    Yup same here I can finally do the second to last hardest credit heist pretty reliably now so that helps but jesus there is just so much crap to blow cash on even that does not really help a ton.

  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    One of the weirdest things is I am always tempted to drop some cash on this game but getting more characters I don't have credits or gear to improve is pointless. Unless you go full all in whaling there is almost no point ever spending money as its rarely helpful.

  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Btw is Rey still OP as all hell?
    Meh, she hits strong but is beyond squishy. And her damage still depends on chance. I take her out pretty easily in PVP, even if she's hiding behind the RG

    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • NechriahNechriah Registered User regular
    So I feel like I've hit something of a wall with this game. I'm having a lot of trouble against squads where everyone's at gear level X or higher. A lot of my dudes are 82/7* but they're only gear level VIII and they're getting wiped out in arena battles and the tournaments (which is a bummer, 'cause I really want the new Rogue One characters). The challenges don't seem to drop as many components for higher level gear, and neither do the repeatable light/dark missions which is how I got my dudes up to gear level VIII.

    I'm still having fun with the game, but I feel like there's a few things that I'm cut off from until I can grind the gear I need from the shard shop.

    Oh, my ally code is 636-639-981 if anyone still wants to add me after I've just described how subpar my guys are.

  • ApostateApostate Registered User regular
    Nechriah wrote: »
    So I feel like I've hit something of a wall with this game. I'm having a lot of trouble against squads where everyone's at gear level X or higher. A lot of my dudes are 82/7* but they're only gear level VIII and they're getting wiped out in arena battles and the tournaments (which is a bummer, 'cause I really want the new Rogue One characters). The challenges don't seem to drop as many components for higher level gear, and neither do the repeatable light/dark missions which is how I got my dudes up to gear level VIII.

    I'm still having fun with the game, but I feel like there's a few things that I'm cut off from until I can grind the gear I need from the shard shop.

    Oh, my ally code is 636-639-981 if anyone still wants to add me after I've just described how subpar my guys are.

    Are you part of a guild? Guilds are really the only "quick" way to get those gear levels other than dumping some significant cash. Get in a good active guild and work the raids and you should at least get enough just from that to get your arena team up to snuff.

    You will of course likely hit another wall later on when you run into some of the super modded teams further up the rankings. The game isn't pay to win but it is kind of pay to compete.

    Le_Goat
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I was going to say the same thing. A lot of characters get stuck between VII and X because the gear they need drops from raids. Additionally, the guild currency you obtain can be used to purchase some of those components. I also find that you can find some of those fully-crafted in the shipments store. Additionally, from the Guild Exchange, you can ask for some of that gear.

    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • NechriahNechriah Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Ah, thanks. It turned out I was already in a guild of like, five people, but I think everyone involved had forgotten about it. I've now joined a more active guild with more members AND a funnier name, so everything's coming up Milhouse.

    Nechriah on
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Well, that's a way for me to get Tarkin and more Mace shards. Ships are now live. lol

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I am loving Ships to pieces! Definitely the best update yet.

    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Haven't had a chance to run through the last stage of the empire event as I was leveling up Tarkin before heading to work. I'll probably try it out once I'm on lunch. So far it's interesting though. Of course it's Finn and Rey for the Falcon though instead of Han and Chewie. :(

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Ships is fun and boy they weren't stingy with stuff. The only thing that really annoys me, and it annoys me a LOT, is that Ahsoka Tano's ship is cash shop only.

    What is this I don't even.
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Oh man, I am loving Ships to pieces! Definitely the best update yet.

    Yup pretty neat think I will chunk some cash on them just to get a few extra ships going. Good side I had been working on ackbar to do some stuff so he was not quite top level gear/power but he was in my B team at least unlike windu and tarkin who were lagging bad. Downside most of the ships you start with have crew that I did not spend a lot of time upgrading other than the geonosian soldier.

    It is a bit of a battery slayer on my phone but its really nice graphically and seems pretty fun. Ships seem to have more options and a bit more complexity such as ability to directly target allies for some abilities and the capital ship leader stuff is pretty solid. Nice seeing admiral ackbar at his post doing his real job and not trying to gimp heal my group.

  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Ships is fun and boy they weren't stingy with stuff. The only thing that really annoys me, and it annoys me a LOT, is that Ahsoka Tano's ship is cash shop only.

    Actually her ship is not cash shop only. If you have not hit the natural refresh yet refresh your galactic war rewards page. I had three ships available for that currency after I forced it to refresh and I assume it would have done it on its own at the next refresh point. Ashoka's ship was one of the three then it was resistance xwing and first order tie for me probably different for everybody though.

    DarkewolfeGonmunLe_Goat
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    There is a PA guild right? I think I read earlier that its full, correct?

  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    VoodooV wrote: »
    There is a PA guild right? I think I read earlier that its full, correct?

    There's not a PA guild, I don't think. There's a high level guild that a bunch of PA dudes are in, but they have really strict membership requirements. Those of us not at max are just fending for ourselves. Which makes sense, you want to be in a guild of people close to your level.

    What is this I don't even.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah the galactic war seems to have 3 ships at the top you can potentially get rotates through a stock of them. I am partially there to getting wedges x wing.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    I'm not seeing any other way to get fleet tokens is through the Fleet Arena. I think you get a couple from activities, but it seems pretty small.....and of course cash

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah this definitely seems like a pay to advance system to start out.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Seeing as how, after the introductory events, Tier II requires all 2* ships, which seems impossible to get Day One without dropping serious cash, I would agree.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    At least my perservence in upping the jedi consular's level finally paid off!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Doctor DetroitVoodooVDarkewolfeLe_Goat
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    I had enough crystals saved, I should have bought a ship bundle, but instead I bought a character bundle....and all I got was General Veers. :sad panda:

  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah this definitely seems like a pay to advance system to start out.

    Well there are three ship options off the GCW shop and that currency is some of the easiest stuff to get so not as bad as it first looked and I am guessing once you get rollling you will get stuff from the ship shipments. Also it looks like the last node in dark side campaign/light side campaign and cantina have some ship drops as well.

  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I really need to start focusing on getting my * levels up. My highest is still only a 5* Chewie. :\ Gotta grind those shards.

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    I really need to start focusing on getting my * levels up. My highest is still only a 5* Chewie. :\ Gotta grind those shards.

    Plus side with the new ship expansion we got a bunch of free shards for things like mace windu/tarkin/ackbar and some of the pilots. So if you are looking to skill some up those are starting with a pretty decent base.

    It seems hard to star things up at the start but a lot of it once you start unlocking stuff gets a lot easier. The GCW stuff is a great way to get some solid characters up pretty reasonably quickly. Even the arena stuff gives some good shard options even if you don't think you will do great just doing it at all generates a fair amount of income. I tend to only do it a few times a week but its enough to give me about 400 of that currency every day which is 5 shards for some good characters. If you don't have a good attacker ranked up working on leia from arena rewards is a pretty good choice.

    Also now with ships you may want to focus on pilots for ships you have and work them up. I think the only one of the ship crew for ships I currently have that is decently leveled up is geonosian soldier. I also have ackbar up pretty high thank god but my tie pilots are terribad and I did not level my clone soldier up hardly at all.

  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    VoodooV wrote: »
    There is a PA guild right? I think I read earlier that its full, correct?

    There's not a PA guild, I don't think. There's a high level guild that a bunch of PA dudes are in, but they have really strict membership requirements. Those of us not at max are just fending for ourselves. Which makes sense, you want to be in a guild of people close to your level.
    Yeah, my guild is extremely strict about 600 energy a day and following the raid rules. People get kicked every week for not keeping up to snuff. While that may sound harsh/lame, our goal is to get into the top 100 guilds, and that requires fully commitment to assisting the guild.


    Ships Side Note: The very generous shard offerings at the beginning got me that much closer to getting Grevious. I think I gained 30 of his shards in one day. He may yet be obtainable without dumping serious cash into him.

    Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah I only had the consular of any level. I had previously dumped some shards on the reistance pilot, but he's still low level. Still there isn't a lot to do ships wise, so you have time to upgrade.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    VoodooV wrote: »
    There is a PA guild right? I think I read earlier that its full, correct?

    There's not a PA guild, I don't think. There's a high level guild that a bunch of PA dudes are in, but they have really strict membership requirements. Those of us not at max are just fending for ourselves. Which makes sense, you want to be in a guild of people close to your level.
    Yeah, my guild is extremely strict about 600 energy a day and following the raid rules. People get kicked every week for not keeping up to snuff. While that may sound harsh/lame, our goal is to get into the top 100 guilds, and that requires fully commitment to assisting the guild.


    Ships Side Note: The very generous shard offerings at the beginning got me that much closer to getting Grevious. I think I gained 30 of his shards in one day. He may yet be obtainable without dumping serious cash into him.

    I just joined a guild where they are doing 5* and 6* raids so I only have one character that can participate. However, last I checked since I joined I and only one other person in the guild have reached 600 tickets for the day so I'm glad I'm still able to contribute in some way (that and helping when I can in the exchange).

    Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I need to leave my guild we've been doing the 6 star rancor raid for like a month it feels and we still aren't done. I've done 15million damage to it but no one else seems to have done shit.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    VoodooV wrote: »
    There is a PA guild right? I think I read earlier that its full, correct?

    There's not a PA guild, I don't think. There's a high level guild that a bunch of PA dudes are in, but they have really strict membership requirements. Those of us not at max are just fending for ourselves. Which makes sense, you want to be in a guild of people close to your level.
    Yeah, my guild is extremely strict about 600 energy a day and following the raid rules. People get kicked every week for not keeping up to snuff. While that may sound harsh/lame, our goal is to get into the top 100 guilds, and that requires fully commitment to assisting the guild.


    Ships Side Note: The very generous shard offerings at the beginning got me that much closer to getting Grevious. I think I gained 30 of his shards in one day. He may yet be obtainable without dumping serious cash into him.

    I just joined a guild where they are doing 5* and 6* raids so I only have one character that can participate. However, last I checked since I joined I and only one other person in the guild have reached 600 tickets for the day so I'm glad I'm still able to contribute in some way (that and helping when I can in the exchange).

    Even entering in the raid and doing 0 damage places you, so you get rewards. I'll do that if a raid starts and I am too busy with work or my son to contribute. That way, I'm still on the boards and get something for it. It's a good system to allow even those that can't help out much by providing them with much-needed gear to level up.

    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    Gonmun
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I still say the best thing I ever did was getting biggs, wedge and Leia up there. Those three are a fucking murderers row in galactic war and you can brute down a lot of challenging teams do to that biggs alpha strike.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
1457910102
Sign In or Register to comment.