As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I don't think I can bring my self to suffer the ground for that.

My CLS grind gave me useful stuff along the way. Pheonix for Thrawn is great for GW (and hopefully Chimera next go round). Empire for R2 is pretty good for Arena and great for Rancor.

With JTR, in not sure what else I'd do with FO after BB8. By all accounts the vets are a tediously slow farm and usefully for exactly 0 after JTR.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    I have FO ready for BB8 - but just started the Vets, so no JTR for me this time around.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    FO are great fun, really strong in dstb and tw on defence

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    My guild has just started being able to win at HAAT finally.

I'm at 31 Kenobi shards after 3 wins.

I'm probably gonna pre-collect for him so that I can gear up to G11 as soon as I unlock him. And then I can collect his G12 as I go from 5* to 7*.

I've tried looking up his Zetas, and I'm not finding any. Does GK not have any Zeta abilities?

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Nope, no zetas on GK.

• Options
    Start saving carbantis now, he needs like 300 of them

• Options
    I am gonna unlock Kenobi with the next HAAT raid. I don't think I can put him to G10 even right away.

I still don't have a single toon at G12.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Start saving carbantis now, he needs like 300 of them

Ugh, no more, please. I just gave them all to shore trooper.

• Options
    I actually just looked it up and I was wrong.
    He needs 500.

• Options
    Yeah, I looked him up yesterday. I'm just finishing my big Resistance push. Scavenger Rey is the last person to G12 and she only needs 20 more Stun Guns. So I'm in a good place to transition to a new project. I will start stockpiling for Kenobi.

Of course, this hurts my plan of working on Empire next, but honestly Kenobi is too good to not immediately gear up and start using. Empire is gonna have to wait.

• Options
    7*'d Death Trooper. Think that's the last of the 16 energy Cantina farms I need.

Broke 2.3m GP too.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I just crossed 1.9m this weekend.

And holy shit! My guild actually got 25 signed up for TW! Now what?!

• Options
    Get 50 signed up, I guess.

• Options
    Yesterday was a good day. I finally unlocked 6* Executrix and 3 starred Fleet Mats Challenge IV on my first try.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    My guild moved up to t6 in the sith raid.

Messed up a couple teams, have some toons that are still 5*'s

I guess we're getting a GM yoda rework. Haven't been able to watch any vids to see if he's worth while now

• Options
    I beat the 7* Home One challenge today, finally, after being stuck back on the 6* challenge forever. I don't even care that it's way easier now in the 3 ship setup versus the old 5. I don't need bragging rights. I just want Chimera at 7*.

... but I guess I don't get a shot at the 7* Chimera challenge because I only got 15 shards for that Home One challenge. What the fuck? Really? After literal months of ship farming and aggravation at months of failure at the 6* challenge, and then you only give me 15 fucking shards?

I'm already nearly always on the verge of quitting this game anyway, because it's not a good game. And stuff like this just seems designed to drive me away for good.

I've been looking forward to that Home One challenge for a long time now, now that I qualify. Ugh.

• Options
    Almost everything about this game is infuriating. The new gear 12+ pieces all have speed on them, so if you’re not in a top heroic sith raid, arena just got a lot tougher. Crew power and gear determines ship speed too so fleet will become harder too.
    Oh and the probe droid mission was bugged so thats the second month in a row of not getting proper rewards from that.
    If i wasn’t involved so heavily in a guild i’d have quit ages ago and even so i’m very close.
    Actually the main reason i’m sticking around for now is that i’m waiting on the Grevious rework, as i’m an insane person and got him to gear 12 already

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Also, the new trooper they released today is synergistic as fuuuuuck, and I won't be shocked if imperial troopers get a substantial leg up. Not that they'll necessarily dominate the arena or anything, but if you see a team packed to the brim with those assholes, tread carefully.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Ahnald's posted a video of him. His assessment is that he's going to be strong in PVE with the team synergies, but he won't help arena very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1uCyRYFJ_s&t=534s

He goes through several team setups with the Range Trooper. It's a good video.

Also, regarding the Yoda rework, Ahnald also has a good video for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZNdVBFs2eg

• Options
    Regarding the Yoda Rework: The common theory among Youtubers right now is that this is the beginning of a Jedi factional rework, and several more Jedi will get similar reworks in the near future, and they're also anticipating the release of at least 1 more Jedi character. A lot of people are speculating Shak'ti.

• Options
    I really do like the ranged trooper from what I've seen.

I look forward to using him in, like, 3-9 months, depending on how obnoxious they make the grind for him.

• Options
    Fleet table seems ok.

If you can push through to 3-star hard 4-D, you can farm Sion.

Also looks like some of the raid-only gear is there.

• Options
    For CLS, I've got G9 FBL, Ben, and R2. STH and Leia are both at G8 and have the parts to get one but not both to G9.

Does that seem strong enough?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Shouldn't need more. Mods will help. You can also play around with the order of the lineup and who the leader is for some of the battles.

Edit--I probably had them all at G8.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Regarding the Yoda Rework: The common theory among Youtubers right now is that this is the beginning of a Jedi factional rework, and several more Jedi will get similar reworks in the near future, and they're also anticipating the release of at least 1 more Jedi character. A lot of people are speculating Shak'ti.

CG BreadCrumb or whatever his name is, the new social sacrifice, stated clearly that there is no jedi rework in the works or even currently planned, nor for any other specific jedi. So if they're getting more love, it'll be new jedi.

• Options
    Shak'ti is awesome.

Can't wait to farm her in like 6 months. :|

Range trooper was fun. Would be nice to have that too as well.

Welp, guess back gearing up Pao.

• Options
    Their marquee events are the most unfulfilling crap ever. I think even the "pros" don't like them. In Ahnald's Range Trooper video he makes a comment about how it sucks for everyone that Range Trooper is being released as a marquee character.

Getting a 3 star character (which is unusable since raids are star-locked and PVP really only becomes viable at 5 stars with amazing mods), and then having to wait 6 months to have that character be made farmable is just about the worst frickin' system.

I'm surprised they haven't caught more negative feedback for it, honestly.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Their marquee events are the most unfulfilling crap ever. I think even the "pros" don't like them. In Ahnald's Range Trooper video he makes a comment about how it sucks for everyone that Range Trooper is being released as a marquee character.

Getting a 3 star character (which is unusable since raids are star-locked and PVP really only becomes viable at 5 stars with amazing mods), and then having to wait 6 months to have that character be made farmable is just about the worst frickin' system.

I'm surprised they haven't caught more negative feedback for it, honestly.

if enough whales shell out the money to have those marquee characters star up, CG probably doesn't care.

• Options
    Some characters show up in the arena even at 3 stars, though it's not super common. I doubt that the Range Trooper will be among them, but it does happen.

That said, I too lament seeing what seems like a fun and nicely synergistic character and figure "yeah, sure, I guess I'll get to give him a serious whirl sometime around Christmas".

The new clan I'm in recently gave Heroic Sith a first attempt. P1 went reasonably smoothly, P2 stalled hard. We barely got to 3, but called it and dropped it before we lost out on tickets, as we were approaching the cap.

• Options
    Forar wrote: »
    Some characters show up in the arena even at 3 stars, though it's not super common. I doubt that the Range Trooper will be among them, but it does happen.

That said, I too lament seeing what seems like a fun and nicely synergistic character and figure "yeah, sure, I guess I'll get to give him a serious whirl sometime around Christmas".

The new clan I'm in recently gave Heroic Sith a first attempt. P1 went reasonably smoothly, P2 stalled hard. We barely got to 3, but called it and dropped it before we lost out on tickets, as we were approaching the cap.

Isn't usually the other way around? Granted, I don't have Heroic Sith experience, but I found that P2 and 3 are the easiest of the 4. P1 and 4 can go die in a fire though.

• Options
    P1 goes pretty quick if enough people have JTR teams.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    That's basically it. While not everyone was hitting their marks, in theory one can pound out P1 with ~25 JTR teams at about 4% apiece.

I think P1 is pretty rote simply by how many times everyone has had to do it. The RNG elements remain annoying (Heroic compounds this further), but it's mostly manageable.

P2 is generally solid, I think that was more about lacking enthusiasm/participation after a bit of a slog through P1. While we have a good number of JTR teams, a bunch of them just recently came online with the event showing up again recently.

P3 has always been a slog, in my opinion/experience. Not enough built and tested 'chexmix' teams perhaps?

When we do T6, P1 usually goes fairly swiftly, I sometimes don't see P2 at all, P3 is a pain, and P4 is the up and down of 'okay, making progress' and 'damnit focus on Nihilus, the sooner that asshole is dead, the better'.

I have faith we can do it, and it wasn't bad for a first attempt, but we have a ways to go before it'll be done, let alone 'on farm'. Though from what I'm hearing, even guilds that can clear Heroic often struggle with every kill, barring the whalest of the whales.

Forar on
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    I have faith we can do it, and it wasn't bad for a first attempt, but we have a ways to go before it'll be done, let alone 'on farm'. Though from what I'm hearing, even guilds that can clear Heroic often struggle with every kill, barring the whalest of the whales.

Which is probably working exactly as intended.

• Options
    Eh, from my time in WoW, there's nothing wrong with putting something 'on farm' eventually. It wears on people to have to spend hours resetting runs because it wasn't good enough, the stress of needing everyone operating at or near 100% every time isn't healthy on the micro or macro level.

Which isn't to say that how it is shall be how it is forever. New characters will be released, existing ones improved, new strategies and synergies made and found, presumably a level increase will happen and in time the content will be 'nerfed' in contrast to our power level, and that's before they possibly nerf the raid itself (directly or indirectly).

I certainly don't expect to get it down once and just auto it with 4 or less teams, but I also hope it's not too many months before that slide begins, at the very least.

They wanted a raid that even the biggest clans filled with the best rosters would need to work on for a while, and that's fine. I'm more hoping that we're not biting nails and bitching over lost fractions of a percent until Christmas, y'know? I see it like sim'ing things; fine, make us prove we can do and vanquish the content handily. There's no need to make us run every battle directly forever. New content comes out, new things to focus on, etc. Especially since the big clans filled with people already 'done' with it will clamour for more new stuff to do, so we know it's in the pipeline whether it's being officially talked about or not.

• Options
    Hey, neat. I was able to just barely get through the Han Solo bounty, and those 10 shards pushed me over to activate him. Yay.

• Options
    Fleet mastery only give 15 Executrix shards? What's this garbage? I have to complete it 6 more times to unlock 7*?

:(

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Fleet mastery only give 15 Executrix shards? What's this garbage? I have to complete it 6 more times to unlock 7*?

:(

I had this same reaction about 3 days ago on the Home One mastery. It's total bullshit.

• Options
    Guess I'll blow my crystals in refreshing.

But on a positive note, I can beat it with my current line up of ds ships, so no more grinding ships that I just needed to fill out my ds fleet.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    So - CLS event is starting tomorrow. I just checked and I have just enough mats to max everyone of his abilities AND give him 1 zeta. Now I just need to find out which zeta goes first on him.

And I have no idea, which gear lvl I can give him. Probably not more than 8 or 9. I still don't have a single G12 toon and only a handful G11.

• Options
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    So - CLS event is starting tomorrow. I just checked and I have just enough mats to max everyone of his abilities AND give him 1 zeta. Now I just need to find out which zeta goes first on him.

And I have no idea, which gear lvl I can give him. Probably not more than 8 or 9. I still don't have a single G12 toon and only a handful G11.

Call to Action, I think.