As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I need a new guild.

I think I'm gonna move on after we finish our current Sith raid.

On a different note: seems my shard's fleet meta is shifting to Geonosians. A week or so ago I ran across the first team, yesterday there were at least half a dozen teams.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Ships are a slower grind, and it takes longer for the meta to shift because of that, but Geonosians are definitely the top meta right now.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    If nothing else you should definitely get Sun Fac's ship leveled up. He's extremely useful in that he stuns a ship on entry and can immediately stun another buffed ship. He's a great counter for Slave 1 and the Scimitar. He's a decent tank as well.

Apostate on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I got Bastila to 7-star and G12 this morning. Feels good to finish that up.

Even with her on the team, I was unable to complete the Mythic Assault Battles on my first attempt. I'll try a bit more but I only made it to round 5 on my first attempt.
    Do you have her zeta'd yet?

• Options
    I zeta'd my 4 star, g10 bastila.

Running arena with g11yoda, zhoda, g12 gk, g12 thrawn.

Haven't lost yet, but have timed out. :lol:

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    my GK is nowhere he needs to be because of the amount of stun cuffs I need. i'm tempted to trade him out but I need a strong tank

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    mcp wrote: »
    I got Bastila to 7-star and G12 this morning. Feels good to finish that up.

Even with her on the team, I was unable to complete the Mythic Assault Battles on my first attempt. I'll try a bit more but I only made it to round 5 on my first attempt.
    Do you have her zeta'd yet?

Yes. I have her zeta'd.

In Arena my Bastila team is performing very well. I have climbed as high as top 30 in my shard using Bastila/Jedi.

• Options
    I think I should be able to get this legendary Chewy.

I have enough 7* bounty hunters, they just need a little gear.

Hopefully it isn't completely insane, I don't want to g12 Zam.

• Options
    5 Hans and 4 Chewies.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Double bounty Hunter drops start tomorrow.

Probably won't be able to 7*, but I'll be able to make some good progress on Bossk

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'm about 150 shards away from 7* Dengar and then I'll have 5 bounty hunters at 7. Trying to decide if I should start spending crystals on him, but I don't want to unless he'll be useful in the new meta with Jango, Embo, and Sing. I'm thinking Bossk will be on that team, but not sure if it'll be Dengar or Greedo as the 5th slot.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Bossk is the only tank. I’m guessing that makes him needed.

I’m thinking Boba/Zam/Iggy/Cad/Greedo is not an ideal comp, for any of those leaders.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    I'm 43/85 on Bossk. I've geared him up to G11 and have his leadership Zeta. It's pretty crazy as it's basically a constant protection/health pump. You can almost ignore the Darth Trayas health drain (I forget what it's called exactly). Handy in TW defense.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I have a 5*, G11 Zeta ld Bossk, g12 Boba, IG and Dengar. Working on gearing Greedo now. Dang that guy needs a lot of stun cuffs.
    Also got 7* Zam at gear 9, so depending how essential Bossk turns out to be I might be able to 7* Chewy. 5* should be fairly safe at least.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Oh

It's not double drops

It's just the possibility that a bounty Hunter might drop in each stage.

Ooooookay.

• Options
    Has it actually started? I'd like to wait until the event is live to blow my biggest amount of stamina.

I spent 60 stamina this morning at 6:30 on a LS Hard battle and didn't get any bonuses. It's an extremely small sample size, but I'm a bit skittish about spending ALL my stamina if the event isn't live yet. They have done that to me before where they announce it, but then it doesn't actually happen for like 12 hours from the time of the announcement.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Supposed to start at 8pm est tonight

mcp on
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    So where exactly will the bounty extra shards will drop. I didn't get the "stage" part properly and close the message before I could read it properly again.

Nevermind, it seems its any light side or dark side hard battle. Guess I'll be trying to farm more Bossk and Emo shards.

On the other end, for once, I think I'll be able to get a legendary right form the start. Always loved Bounty hunters so I had them 7* stars for a while so I was already pleased with their rework. Now that they are needed for Legendary Chewie, I feel pretty confortable I'll be able to get him on the first past unlike CLS and Jedi Rey which took me a while to farm the necessary characters to be able to get them.

Side note, Just notice with Jango unlock that I have passed the 3 millions GP score. I've been playing this game for too long.

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    Legendary chewie seems pretty cool.

• Options
    Ok so Chewbacca readiness assessment:

I have 5 Bounty Hunters at 7-star: Boba, Dengar, Greedo, Cad, IG88. Not the ideal team or the best team comp, but I at least have 5 that can meet a max stars requirement.

Breaking it down:

Boba: G10, no zeta, skills maxed beyond that, power is at 16881 with crappy placeholder mods
    Dengar: G9, no zeta, skills are all level 7 and missing omega upgrades, power at 14881 with crappy placeholder mods
    Greedo: G8, no zeta, skills maxed beyond that, power is 15121 with crappy placeholder mods
    Cad: G9, no zeta, skills are missing omega upgrades, power 14802 with crappy placeholder mods
    IG88: G9, no zeta, skills are missing omega upgrades, power 13080 with no mods equipped

I can obviously move my best mods over to get a pretty good boost. I've saved off a bunch of mod sets thanks to the new mod update. But I'm concerned on the power side and skill side. I've hit the omega crunch where I just don't have the omegas to cover everything.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    If it's not one thing, it's another. Used to be the Credit Crunch, then the gear bottlenecks (which still exist, but they've made some meager efforts to alleviate), now we're getting solid zeta quantities, but that means the omegas are in short supply and everyone needs like 20 of the damned things just for standard skills.

No idea how that BH lineup will hold up, but I'm not much better off, and not sure how well I'll fare. Boba is at G12 with 2 of those pieces, IG88 is at G11 and one piece from 12, I think everyone else is 9 or 10, so 'better', but I suspect they want to milk us as usual, and give the whales first dibs, which means it'll probably be tuned to need full gear 12's to unlock him or whatever. Or having Bossk as a tank will be a massive advantage and everyone else will just have to pray for perfect RNG, as many did to make it through Thrawn's event.

Fingers crossed, but I'm hoping to actually unlock a Legendary the first time around for a change, but I'm not holding my breath on it either.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    I am not gonna be able to get Chewie this time around. I think I have 2 BH's on 7 stars, with Greedo and Cad Bane slowly getting there, let alon having them geared properly. Sigh - ok, so I'll have to wait for this event to come back once or twice before I get him.

• Options
    Thrawn was accessible at about g9 with some good rng and a tone of frustration.
    I think g10 minimum, with a preference for 11-12 will be needed for chewie.
    Zam's leadership might be important too, as it gets you back health and protection and BH are pretty squishy

• Options
    I'm running Zam, 88, Boba, Bane, Greedo.

Boba is g12, Greedo g11, 88 g10, Zam 8 and Ban 9.

Working on getting Zam up. Probably going to run her as leader. Hoping that if everyone is at least g10 it'll make up for the crappy team comp.

• Options
    I guess ig88 is getting a ship?

Feel better about gearing them now

• Options
    From my days playing the old Decipher Star Wars CCG, I'm pretty sure all of the ESB bounty hunters had their own ships. I think they invented many of those ships just for that card game, and from the card game they have become almost canon. They're just accepted as fact.

• Options
    I'm guessing we're gonna get a legendary ship that we'll need bounty hunter ships for.

Maybe the falcon with chewy and raid han as pilots.

• Options
    Maybe Luke's X-Wing?

We already have a pair of Falcons (I'm aware that Hanception is a thing), but it's weird to me that the guy who blew up the first Death Star still doesn't have a ship.

• Options
    They ought to release a new Luke called "Rebel Pilot Luke" and put him in his orange flight suit.

• Options
    I bet Bounty Hunter ships will be needed for either the OT Falcon or Jango's Slave I.

The latter might require a redo of Boba's ship.

• Options
    They ought to release a new Luke called "Rebel Pilot Luke" and put him in his orange flight suit.

Cause we need another Luke that isn't the Luke on the splash screen

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    IG2000 has droid synergies
    yesssss give me Grevious’ capital ship you monsters

• Options
    Dayspring wrote: »
    IG2000 has droid synergies
    yesssss give me Grevious’ capital ship you monsters

Roger roger

• Options
    As one of the people who 7*'d Grievous before they made it way easier, yes, reward my efforts!

... I mean, he's only Gear level 8, it's not like I poured massive resources into him beyond that, but still.

• Options
    Yeah, my BH team can't even finish the lowest tier of Galactic Bounties, no 4th Chewie for me.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    As one of the people who 7*'d Grievous before they made it way easier, yes, reward my efforts!

... I mean, he's only Gear level 8, it's not like I poured massive resources into him beyond that, but still.

Mine is sitting at g12, my body is ready!

• Options
    Lol chewy tier 5 is recommended g11+

• Options
    When the forced team has inherent survivability issues, jacking up the enemy speed may not be the fairest way to balance.

My Hunters are all g10 at most. :(

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    I am not even able to beat Tier 3 yet.

• Options
    Yeah, Tier 5 with the G11+ recommendation is where I got stopped. So far. I've got a bit of gear, and one zeta nested away, so I might be able to squeeze out one more tier. But unless the next rank after that is a gimmick fight or something, I foresee Tier 5 being my stopping point.