As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• TrenogTrenog Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    So I'm cross-posting a bit here but I just wanted to put my guild's recruitment message over here since there seem to be some capable SWGoH players on this forum. Our recruitment officer is TC23 and his ally info is below.

We are looking for 3-5 Players. All our player are rise steadily in GP. Our big advantage is, we have 1-2 Player they solo the Heroic Raids. So all Player get the shards.

•Guild : Nightsisters with Attitude- NwA
    •GP: 49 Mio
    •Ally code : 563-575-892
    •Discord : TC23#2236
    •Guild reset time : 5:30pm GMT
    •Minimum activity : 500-600 tickets per day
    •Total Daily Tickets: 27k
    •Minimum player level : any as long as you are active
    •Raid tiers: Rancor HPIT (3x per week), Sith T5, HAAT
    •Discord and Swgoh.gg is available

https://swgoh.gg/g/39985/nightsisters-with-attitude/

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png
    Malkor wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    opium is all natural shit son

makes you stronger

It also makes you immune to time.
    Bama wrote: »
    Two weeks ago, I lost the bulk of my female friends

She really hates it when you call her that.
    FCD wrote: »
    Ahhh, Orochimaru. Or, as I like to call him, Japanese Pedophile Voldemort.
  • JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I'm currently part of a guild that is about to split into two, one for higher end players to focus on raids and another for others to level up and have a more casual time. The high end guild won't be that intensive either with only trying to get at least 400 tickets a day and have everyone working towards Sith Raid ready teams for now (We are currently going through Tier V, trying to get ready for Heroic). We also have a dedicated discord channel for chatting and planning which is required if you want to stay. We have a couple of spots open right now, so if you are interested just look up Galactic Knights.

steam_sig.png
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Our guild is at 49 right now, but there’s 5-6 more that are inactive enough to kick.

We just recently got over the TW hump. We usually only get 25-30, but that’s enough for over 30m GP. And we’re on a winning streak, which I hopefully won’t jinx. I think we’re moving in the right direction.

We’ve just started getting hAAT in rotation.

And we’ve got a Revan. :P

The guild is Serious Business, if anyone’s interested.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I had heard Revan was talking over the meta. Just checked my arena and of the top 30, 28 are Revan, 2 are Kiera

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    @Lucascraft @Lionsword @KoopahTroopah

Do a search for Smash Force 2 if you are still looking. We are about 92 million GP, we remove people after 3 TW's with no participation or about a week of no log in without notice, so the bottom of the roster is slowly improving. We only do 6 star Sith for now, but everything else is on farm status. If 1 of you gets in, you can talk to me in game, Gil Axfow, and I can remove another to make room.

We're trying to keep it fairly casual, if you log in every day and help push the Sith Raid faster so we can advance, you'd fit right in.

Edit for Koopah, you'd be welcome as well, but I'd prefer you got 85 first.

Atlas in Chains on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I remember when CLS was a 'meta defining character', and then I saw what Revan can do.

Ugh.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Lion and I did end up finding a guild we're gonna try out. They're a lot more serious than my co-worker guild was, but they also aren't super hardcore. I think it will be a good fit.

They are actively working on their first T7 Sith kill, and Lion and I hope to be able to be the umph that is needed to push them over the top and help get their first kill.

Lucascraft on
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Carth on Juhani are coming.

Juhani might be a tank replacement for GK in Jedi teams.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited November 2018
    Give me Anton and the handmaiden

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    I thought Visas Marr was the handmaiden?

No, handmaiden was white hair white robes elfish looking lady. Worked for the crazy Jedi lady.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Thanks @Atlas in Chains I'll wait til I get high enough.

Bedigunz wrote: »
    Carth on Juhani are coming.

Juhani might be a tank replacement for GK in Jedi teams.

I look forward to this next batch of new characters becoming farmable in a quarter or so, which will then take about 2 quarters to complete, so... late 2019 or so?

Thus, meta relevant if I've got ~$300 to throw at the character.

Or so my immediate train of thought went.

Don't worry GK, you've still got time yet.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Is there any rhyme or reason to when a galactic war is going to be easy or not?

I just reset into a squad 10 levels higher than my best as the first fight

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Is there any rhyme or reason to when a galactic war is going to be easy or not?

I just reset into a squad 10 levels higher than my best as the first fight

I've been complaining about this since I started. So far, no, I haven't figured it out and it feels like Iit's just RNG. Running into those types of squads on the last leg is one thing, but running into those squads in the first three fights is straight BS. You completely miss out on like a daily 100k credits, 400 green shards, 5-10 crystals, plus other rewards.

KoopahTroopah on
    I don't know if they've changed it, but the math used to be that it generated squads from arena teams that had a combined power compared to your own. Fight 1 and 2 would be at one level, #3 higher, 4 and 5 back down again a bit, 6 tougher again, repeat.

So if that still basically works kind of the same, what you may be seeing is teams built by accounts that have a similar'ish GP as yours (say, +/- 10% or so), BUT, they have a much narrower focus (fewer characters leveled up and modded, gear concentrated on a select few), so that say your GP is 1 million and theirs is 1 million, but they have that power squashed into half the characters you do, making them much tougher pound for pound than your usual squads.

I could be wrong, I've been auto-ing the GW for ages (and I absolutely do not miss the clusterfuck that several GW eras were, spending an hour or more trying to get through roadblock teams on nodes 9 through 12 in particular), but I think that was basically how it went, and with people running alt accounts or restarting, but this time with all the lessons they learned from the first time around, I could see it causing some issues with accounts that blindside you and are an immense pain in the ass to deal with.

Some tricks for the GW;

- Progress isn't saved. You can retreat from a fight, go back in, and the enemy will be at the same point they started at last time. Not only that, but the RNG is set; things will play out the same each time, if you don't change anything.
    - However; you CAN change things! I believe a change of leader is a big part, but if you swap in a new team entirely, things won't play out the same.
    - Similarly; your progress is also saved. Not buffs, I believe, but Turn Meter and possibly cooldowns are, so if you send a great team against easy/early nodes (not helpful if they're 10 levels above you, granted, but in general), womp them, and then send another great team against node 2, and repeat this, then later when you need to draw on those teams for tougher nodes they already have some baked in turn meter bonuses.
    - Sacrificial teams can also be used to manipulate the RNG/cooldowns of the enemies. Maybe it's just one poor dude who gets annihilated (maybe literally), maybe it's a scruffy team of level 20 nerf herders whose whole job is to eat the enemy teams opening salvo/cooldowns and die heroically, but there is room for lesser teams in the GW, be they sacrificial red shirts, or a medium level team who can't kill the opposition, but do eat up protection/cooldowns and maybe even claim a kill or two before they're wiped out.

Or maybe CG managed to break it at some point, and so few people actually play the GW that nobody noticed.

Lots of my guild mates started complaining about GW difficulty a few weeks back.

Made me glad to have it on sim. So many days off grinding seem worth it

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    edited November 2018
    Maybe it's because I'm just leveling so it can change rapidly but it's generally been following that pattern. Like I made it through that brutal one losing half of phoenix squad but then hera/Ezra and 3 chumps made it through 8 before getting stuck for good on another plus 10 levels squad with Sion/Vader/palp for a "leveling"team.

Edit: reset today and completed it with no problems! Also wow the rewards for the last chest are just way better. Hopefully I can start finishing it regularly

initiatefailure on
    Rumor has it that 3P0 is the next character coming and you'll need ewoks to get him.

Guess i'm going to farm Wicket and another ewok to 7* so i'm ready. Sorry Old Republic team.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    There's no way I'll have an Ewok team ready in time for Threepio.

I'll make an effort, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

I've got Elder, Scout, and Teebo at 7 star. But everyone else is only 5 star. Given my awful luck on hard node farming, it's gonna take me 3 months to raise Wicket and Paploo to 7 from 5.

Given that they always demand specific characters for these things, and Wicket's event has been going on for ages, I imagine it won't just be Ewoks, but specific characters at 7 stars, if not including a new one or two added in a month or two prior to the event.

I've got all of them at 7 stars except for Wicket, who needs another 160 shards. That's like two months, minus anything I might snag in events (if they roll around), so maybe doable, but also depends on the gear expectations. Half are at 8, with a 9, 10, and 11 between them, so that'd again depend on just how badly they wanted to ream us to unlock 3P0.

3po before Padme?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    edited December 2018
    Well, if rumors are true, we're on the cusp of Luke #3, otherwise known as Jedi Luke. And if they follow the trend of CLS's Hero Journey and RJT's Hero Journey, we're gonna need a droid to unlock the main character (Threepio). And in order to unlock the droid, you're gonna need a team that not a lot of people have (Ewoks).

It's a multi-layered system, designed to choke you out at multiple stages and elicit as much panic farming and panic crystal purchasing as possible.

Also, you can expect to need Chewbacca to unlock Jedi Luke. Han Solo (raid Han) is a very likely candidate as well. As is Rebel Officer Leia Organa.

Basically, all of the characters who played a significant role in Empire Strikes Back can be reasonably expected to be required to unlock Luke #3. Heck, I've been farming Lobot recently, just in case.

Lucascraft on
    Crap the thrawn event is coming up too early for me to get all of phoenix to 5*

That's a bit of a bummer after missing palpatine too

• NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    All my rebels are maxed out apart from Chewbacca and Hoth Han, and I’m only 25 shards away from having a seven star Wicket. I’ve been working on my Ewoks’ mods and gear...am I actually going to be prepared for an event for once? :surprised:

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Well, if rumors are true, we're on the cusp of Luke #3, otherwise known as Jedi Luke. And if they follow the trend of CLS's Hero Journey and RJT's Hero Journey, we're gonna need a droid to unlock the main character (Threepio). And in order to unlock the droid, you're gonna need a team that not a lot of people have (Ewoks).

It's a multi-layered system, designed to choke you out at multiple stages and elicit as much panic farming and panic crystal purchasing as possible.

Also, you can expect to need Chewbacca to unlock Jedi Luke. Han Solo (raid Han) is a very likely candidate as well. As is Rebel Officer Leia Organa.

Basically, all of the characters who played a significant role in Empire Strikes Back can be reasonably expected to be required to unlock Luke #3. Heck, I've been farming Lobot recently, just in case.

Me too!
    When CLS dropped i had to panic farm old ben, so i've been working on anyone i can think of, like Ugnaut and Lobot, just in case.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    I'm sticking to working on Revan. I have no chance of getting Jedi Luke other than dumping my life's savings CG.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    does anyone know how long the legendary events run for? i think there's an outside chance i can push to hit the 5* unlock for thrawn this time. I missed on palpatine so i'd like to not set back my empire team on missing both of them if i can avoid it.

this is my phoenix squad...
    fn9wkx971hcg.jpg

the hang up will be if i can push kanan or zeb over the edge. Kanan is one star closer but i get about 2x the shards for zeb from galactic assault if i can keep clearing them, which i've been able to do the last 2 days. but if the event runs for like a week then i can use that extra time

edited December 2018
    I just need Chopper to Five star, and I used some crystals to get some Phoenix ship shards because they're barely available until 85.

But I also don't have a Cargo ship at three star for this event either. Kind of lame to be missing all of these.

KoopahTroopah on
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I don't think they've had a legendary requirement that hasn't come around twice, have they?

Like, the R2 event ran twice before the CLS event ran the first time. Did bb8 only run once before JTR? Maybe it did, I don't remember.

I'm just missing 1 7* ewok to make a squad. Paploo is at 30/100 though.

Gear wise they're 7 -10.

I'd have a decent shot in getting a squad ready, but I don't really want to deviate from Revan.

Hate the guessing game.

I lost every arena fight today... The closest I got was a "draw" when we timed out and I had 5 characters to their 2.

I'm kind of already over phoenix mirrors and this weird gap of fighting vs people who've unlocked mods already isn't helping

I lost every arena fight today... The closest I got was a "draw" when we timed out and I had 5 characters to their 2.

I'm kind of already over phoenix mirrors and this weird gap of fighting vs people who've unlocked mods already isn't helping

Squads are really hard. I can get to a little less than 500 but most of the time I dodge any Phoenix team because you're right. Phoenix mirrors are dull AF.

As your shard gets stronger/older Pheonix gets less and less viable for arena.
    There was a time I could get as low as 400 with them, and the arena had lots of other pheonix teams. Now I honestly can't say the last time I fought a <1000 rank pheonix team

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Phoenix is actually really bad on defense. The AI just doesn't make good decisions with them at all. It uses all the wrong assist calls, it uses Sabine's armor break on the wrong target, Hera likes to blow her cheat death buff when nobody is in peril, and then it's on cooldown when they would need it. All sorts of problems like that.

I'm finding that Jedi are a problem on defense for the same reason, and probably why I always lose ~100 ranks per day with my Jedi team. Because the AI does all sorts of stupid stuff and does not play that team very well at all. Stuff like Bastila wasting her super-buff assist move on Hermit Yoda. There is literally not a worse thing she could do, but I have observed her doing that very often when I fight mirror matches against other Jedi teams. Or you will see Hermit Yoda put his Master's training buff on GK first, which gets you almost no benefit at all.

Really, the best teams for defense in Arena are teams that can survive even with the AI making terrible decisions.

That's one reason why the Chewbacca Rebel team is so strong on defense. Because it literally does not matter who Raid Han targets and blows up on the first turn. If he can completely incapacitate and/or kill someone on the first turn, you already have an advantage, even if he made the worst possible choice on who to stun. Stuff like that makes for a stronger defensive team.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I hate fighting revan/bastilla teams. Awful “you can’t hurt me” crap.
    On the other hand I demolish Traya teams. Han n Chewie just murdering sith every day.
    I don’t think chewie rebels are amazing on defense. They key is always take out chewie first, then they become super fragile

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Ewoks needed for 3PO confirmed.

I'll have to run Chirpa, Elder, Paploo, Teebo, Scout.

Sitting on 120 zetas, so I can add those if needed. Might be light on gear. My guess is we'll need g12.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I just rolled Paploo over to 5 stars. Chirpa’s about halfway to 6. Elder, Scout, and Teebo at 7.

Gonna guess I don’t get through tier 5.

I literally didn't know there were named ewoks besides wicket

I have Teebo, Scout, and Elder maxed to 7*

Chirpa and Paploo are at 5* and Wicket is only 4 (which I'm pretty sure we'll need but who knows).

I'll also probably only get through tier 5, assuming I bother to gear and level everyone.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!