personally I prefer to go to Breitb-

aaaah I can't even try and type that with a straight face

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Sometimes I read the drudge report, just like sometimes I watch fox news

It's good to know what the enemy is saying about you

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I pretty much just watch local news and Rachel Maddow. Every once in a while I just turn MSNBC on and listen to whoever while I'm in the kitchen, and certainly I'm watching more news lately between the election and HB2.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Sometimes I read the drudge report, just like sometimes I watch fox news

It's good to know what the enemy is saying about you

I flip on AM talk radio sometimes just to hear what ridiculous shit they're on about lately.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I got addicted to MSNBC when I was in the states in Jan/Feb, its a level of left-wing pandering you don't get in Australia, and I'm pretty much in love with Rachel Maddow now.

ameybes on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    ameybes wrote: »
    I got addicted to MSNBC when I was in the states in Jan/Feb, its a level of left-wing pandering you don't get in Australia, and I'm pretty much in love with Rachel Maddow now.

She was the sole high point of that channel for me when I still watched linear TV.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    ....linear tv?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    ....linear tv?

MKR has become one with Videodrome. Praise the new flesh.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    ....linear tv?

There was once a time when people had to watch television programs as they aired, rather than whatever content they wanted to see whenever they wanted to see it. It may have been before your time. There was a whole business around it!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Ive just literally never heard that phrase, sorry

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    msnbc fucked over melissa harris-perry so I'm not going to give them very much credit

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Ive just literally never heard that phrase, sorry

I haven't either but I put it together from context.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I read most of my news online, and Reuters, AP, AJ, CBC, and the BBC are my primaries

Vice is a shotgun blast of amazing investigative reporting and abhorrent bullshit. The guy who runs it is a bona fide scumbag and a certifade shithead (and you can't. teach. that.) but there are legit good dudes and dudettes at Vice doing good work.

When the rest of the world's media got bored with the the civil war going on in the Donbass, for example, Vice was still giving it in depth coverage.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    AJ America had some great reporting but it sounds like actually working there was hell, so the best feeling I can summon up about their closure is apathy

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    I'm more of an Al-Jazeera kind of gal

I really wish they hadn't shut down aj america

It was literally the only major news outlet I liked. I like... parts of NBC and that's about it now. I do at least like several of my local networks because they have a tendency to just call people out on their bullshit.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    msnbc fucked over melissa harris-perry so I'm not going to give them very much credit

I don't think anyone's hands were very clean there.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Help I'm giving a small 30-minute talk about being trans and such at my friend's university today and I'm freaking out.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    just imagine everyone in fullbody zentai suits

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Help I'm giving a small 30-minute talk about being trans and such at my friend's university today and I'm freaking out.

You'll knock their socks off, Jules. Just try as best you can to relax and let your natural charisma come through and your presentation will be great!

• Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    You almost certainly know more about being trans than anyone else in the room, so chill, you're the expert. Maybe try to look at the room as being likely to include at least one trans person that hasn't made the first step, and remember how hard that was, and how great it would be to help someone out of that shell? You got this.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

Fullbody Zentai Suits is the name of my j-rock covers band

• Options
    Um... what public speaking tips do I remember?

-Plan somewhat ahead about what you wanna talk about.
    -If you're nervous before you go on, try stretching or tightening/tightening your muscles. (Physiological responses can help manage mental ones.)
    -Remember that you're super rad. I'm sure you can handle a bunch of college kids.

Hope that helps. I'm sure you'll do great.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

I almost GIS'd this until I remembered that I saw that episode of Archer. Close call, close call.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Come on DW,

Live a little.

Yukira on
  • Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Come on DW,

Live a little.

I've lived quite enough, thank you very much. It's long past time I started to tone down.

Tell you what, I'll meet you halfway between 'none' and 'a little' with 'a smidge.'

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Just go look, it's not like you need a Spider-man costume.

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Just go look, it's not like you need a Spider-man costume.

No, but I need some more sit-ups, that's for damn sure.

• Options
    Talk went well! I recorded all 40 mins of it!

Wondering if I should post it anywhere

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    *bangs fists on table* Post it! Post it! Post it! Post it! Post it! Post it!*

* somewhere

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    *bangs fists on table* Post it! Post it! Post it! Post it! Post it! Post it!*

* somewhere

Well you asked for it

A talk I gave at AIT (Academy of Information Technology) for their Rainbow Week event about my own personal experiences growing up and realising I'm transgender, coming out, and everything that's happened since so far.

This was purely from my own perspective about my own history, I am no spokesperson nor representative of any groups or people within the transgender community.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Meanwhile, in Canada:
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/transgender-bill-trudeau-government-1.3585522
    Federal legislation that would guarantee legal and human rights protection to transgender people across Canada was introduced Tuesday for the first time by a sitting government, a move coinciding with the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia.

"I'm proud to say that moments ago, I introduced legislation, Bill C-16 ... that would ensure that Canadians will be free to identify themselves and to express their gender as they wish while being protected against discrimination and hate," said Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould adding that, "because as Canadians, we should feel free and safe to be ourselves."

The announcement was met with loud cheers and applause from several members and advocates of the transgender community who were invited to join the justice minister in the Foyer of the House of Commons.

Pony on
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Each province has its own human rights legislation as well--the Ontario Human Rights Code, at least, already covers gender identity and gender expression. But it's fantastic that the protections will extend to the federal level.

I'm also interested in what sort of amendments they're proposing for the Criminal Code (additions to the hate speech sections) to protect trans people.

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Canada makin' us look bad again.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    My parents are so cool.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

I'd say we're making us look bad and Canada's just politely embarrassed to have to live next door. They're the Ned Flanders to our Homer Simpson.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

I'd say we're making us look bad and Canada's just politely embarrassed to have to live next door. They're the Ned Flanders to our Homer Simpson.

so they're all secretly super ripped?

where's my passport

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Stupid sexy Canada.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    They're even part French.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I ended up listening to that whole talk.

Gundi on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    They are really choosing this hill to die on.

This discussion has been closed.