As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Talking [Chat]!?! - HD Remaster

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    this is just silly too

w3390887_7.jpg

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    RMS I sense a certain cynicism about NI politics

Well a gangland murder last year led to the leading political party to, not exactly resign from the Government, but "step aside".

All about Mount Molehill here.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    some people don't know how to tv

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man Id love to buy a house and just run cat6 throughout.

fuck wireless connections forever

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    hmm illegalargumentexception why you just stop execution and not display your message

why u do dis

hmm

• Options
    also godbless u intellij for anticipating and autocompleting getters and setters for all of my fields

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    hmm illegalargumentexception why you just stop execution and not display your message

why u do dis

hmm

When this happens I catch a more generic Exception and dump its message in case it's something other than an IllegalArgumentException.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Man Id love to buy a house and just run cat6 throughout.

fuck wireless connections forever

mmmm cats

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ok shapes assignment done

on to tic-tac-toe

and also studying for differential calc exam

not enough hours in day with work ._.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    http://imgur.com/gallery/HP8td

well that's probably the most plausible theory about a certain characters parentage in the new SW

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I am 100% in the cat6 camp also.

when I build my home I will have four cat6 jacks on a single box on every wall in every room (with the exception of media rooms where I will probably have 12-16), the same way that people have power outlets. And they will be run loose through conduit to the central patch panel, just in case cat6.5 or whatever decides to become the standard two years after I build.

But the reason for this? everything is cat 6. want to run speakers for your 7.1 system without wires everywhere? cat6. Want HDCP capable HDMI to a TV without needing a visible cabinet full of equipment? cat6 can transport hdmi. same goes for USB, Firewire, TOSLink... there is a transport box for everything over cat 6.

Like, it is seriously the only port aside from power you need in the rooms of your house.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    She's a gender swapped clone of Anakin Skywalker grown in a vat.

So we can skip all the scenes where she re-evaluates who she really is because X is her parent. And it sets us up nicely for the scene where Chewie slaps her because she starts to whine about being a clone.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    my uncle did that in his house. sadly he doesn't have quite the interest in home theater that I do, he approached it from a security perspective, he has a bunch of cameras set up. and also that's what he does for a living so I think he got off on it.

it's a huge house but they built it from the ground up so it was sort of a no brainer, once you're aware that that's a good idea and are literally able to build around them it would be a waste not to.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Pff, wired connections are for chumps and chumpettes.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

My wi-fi not suck Mr Physicist and we can revisit this topic.

Or invent wormholes cheap enough to run Cat 6 through.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

My wi-fi not suck Mr Physicist and we can revisit this topic.

Or invent wormholes cheap enough to run Cat 6 through.

My wifi is great.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

with cat6 run to various spots along your ceiling you can set up a battery of wired 802.11ac network extenders that look like innocuous smoke detectors and have fantastic wireless for your entire house.

Cat 6 is the god tier cable.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    also wireless hdmi is garbo and would not allow me to have a rack mounted HVAC controlled entertainment closet that serves as the brains for every screen in my house.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'm trying to stitch some webm or gifv videos together, do any of you have any suggestions on how to do that?

• Options
    I think my CYOA is getting to the end. Which is great. It still annoys me that I didn't finish my last one.

• Options
    I would convert to mp4/m4v and then use whatever tool I liked to do the video editing. webm and gifv are more of a comsumption filetype and there arent really a lot of tools to work with either.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    fuck itunes

why the fuck does apple continue to use that piece of shit as a gatekeeper for transferring shit to mobile devices?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    also fuck people who use javascript for basic functionality instead of fucking html

you jackasses are the problem

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Its sunny! So I can give the doors and windows a quick check to make sure the wood is ok and the five year waterproof paint I applied two years ago is ok.

Oh, my finger has gone through this bit of frame and it obviously needs repairs.

Fuck everything about house maintenance.

• Options
    GRAAAAARGH

I am so mad right now

mad at the world

FIGURE YOUR SHIT OUT, WORLD

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    syndalis wrote: »
    also wireless hdmi is garbo and would not allow me to have a rack mounted HVAC controlled entertainment closet that serves as the brains for every screen in my house.

It's good for specific applications. We use it for the projector, it does very well, and we avoid having to make a very long unplanned connection to the top back of the room.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I don't know why british construction features wood so much

I guess it's cheap?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Oh right that's why I don't like drinking and staying up late

Sometimes I forget

poo
  • Options

I guess it's cheap?

That's interesting. We stereotype the Americans as using wood for construction.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Here's an option if you are looking for a new tabletop rpg:

http://nerdist.com/theres-an-rpg-called-pugmire-about-medieval-fantasy-dogs/

pugmire-tabletop-01282016.jpg

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    pugmire is good

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

with cat6 run to various spots along your ceiling you can set up a battery of wired 802.11ac network extenders that look like innocuous smoke detectors and have fantastic wireless for your entire house.

Cat 6 is the god tier cable.

my place of work had a tech guy before me who basically ran a scam and probably pocketed tons of money for equipment and shit.

this entire place is cat5e. it's a nightmare.

ask @bowen

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Its sunny! So I can give the doors and windows a quick check to make sure the wood is ok and the five year waterproof paint I applied two years ago is ok.

Oh, my finger has gone through this bit of frame and it obviously needs repairs.

Fuck everything about house maintenance.

Time to go and live in a tent.

• Options
    It basically coalesced from a thread on the onyx path forums and just sort of took off

the lead designer/writer guy is an old White Wolf hand

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016

I guess it's cheap?

That's interesting. We stereotype the Americans as using wood for construction.

to give you an idea about the nature of construction here, the first time I ever saw drywall picture-hanging screws was in the UK

here, the default $1-a-pack picture hangers assume that you're going to be hammering them into concrete

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    here it's wood framing and drywall but exteriors is another story entirely and varies wildly

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »

Odd that they are using d20 rather than something more modern

• Options

It's odd to me to hear people talking about a "new" game that I've been reading about for 3-4 years

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    well I've got the videos stitched together and now I realize I can't directly upload an mp4 to imgur

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

It's odd to me to hear people talking about a "new" game that I've been reading about for 3-4 years

There's a KS going so they probably sent out press releases to sites.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
This discussion has been closed.