As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DOOMED! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    strange i don't see a 7 drop in there

Dibby
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    This list has been doing some good work for me, but I think it could be better. Suggestions welcome!

2iby1o2tayf6.jpg

I'd cut Dragon Eggs for sure. They're basically just a worse version of Nerubian Egg, yknow?

I'd also cut Aldors. This is an aggro deck and they're more midrange/control-y.

Loatheb might be kinda slow? But up to you on that.

In place of those, you've got options. I'd try and fit in a single Coghammer for sure, that card is busted. Otherwise you can pick from the following: Southsea Deckhands, Leper Gnomes, Haunted Creepers, could try tossing in some chargers (Argent Horserider, Arcane Golem), a single Argent Protector (or two, up to you), Sir Finley Mrrgglton (some people like it for the options it can give you, but I find Pally's hero power is fine for Aggro Pally).

And heck, you could even run Dr Boom in there cause why the fuck not

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    MNC DoverMadPenGoodKingJayIII3cl1ps3
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    To whoever was asking about Malygos Rogue the other day, Dog is playing it on stream right now.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I got Liadrin, I walked past a guy named GimmePaladin, and I punched a Foe Reaper, but I'm still not sure why Sylvanas has no time for games. All she does is sit on her horse.

MadPen
    I'm like 70% sure that it's a Dark Ranger line from WC3

• MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Okay, I rolled a WoW panda and 1-10 was a blast. I mean, it was definitely still WoW, but a cute little story wrapped up with a bow on it. And 10-20 is just generally a lot more tolerable than 1-10.

I have my dumb paladin portrait now :) Their plan worked too. Briefly considered buying.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    after a few hours of grinding ranked, managed to claw my way all the way
    back to rank 5, where i was this morning. bluhhhhhh.

lots of zoo, freeze mages, and tempo mages. sometimes secret paladin, a few control warriors and control priests.
    surprisingly little aggro in ranks 5-6.

• djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    Wooo! Rank 5 get!

These ranked rewards are really making me play more than before. I used to not really play unless I had a quest.

GrobianMNC DoverLucedes
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    djFindus wrote: »
    Wooo! Rank 5 get!

These ranked rewards are really making me play more than before. I used to not really play unless I had a quest.

Same. I went 10:1 with Face Hunter today to get rank 5 (from the bottom of 8).

djFindus
  • ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I don't think today is my day.

Tried to get a few games in for a Warlock quest this morning while eating breakfast. First game was against a druid that double-innervated and coin'ed Boom on turn 2. How do I never get those combos when I play druid? Anyway, surprisingly I could deal with it between my board and a power overwhelming. Played a few small minions on turn 3 and 4, which he cleared with his board and a swipe. Turn 5 for him was a shredder on an empty board, turn 6 Emperor. I had an imp gang boss and two other small minions on the board, and a few small minions plus Lothab in my hand. I thought what are the chances after all that he also had the combo in his hand, probably pretty slim after what he's played so far. So I flooded the board on my turn 7, expecting to Loathab next turn.

Druids always have the combo. 27 damage to the face.

Second game was against an oil rogue. Fairly good back and forth game, and at the end he had 5 health and 1 card left in his hand, and a 7/3 shredder on the board. I had a 1/1 squire (no shield), 4 health, and only an argent defender in hand. I figured for a rogue with two cards, 2 health is no worse than 4, so I tap hoping to just draw into another minion to taunt. I had already played Boom and one power overwhelming, so chances were pretty good of getting a 4 mana or less minion. I draw sea giant of course, not helpful. So I just taunt up the squire.

That one card in his hand? Sap.

I think I'll play something else tonight.

djFindus
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    This list has been doing some good work for me, but I think it could be better. Suggestions welcome!

2iby1o2tayf6.jpg

I'd cut Dragon Eggs for sure. They're basically just a worse version of Nerubian Egg, yknow?

In place of those, you've got options. I'd try and fit in a single Coghammer for sure, that card is busted. Otherwise you can pick from the following: Southsea Deckhands, Leper Gnomes, Haunted Creepers, could try tossing in some chargers (Argent Horserider, Arcane Golem), a single Argent Protector (or two, up to you), Sir Finley Mrrgglton (some people like it for the options it can give you, but I find Pally's hero power is fine for Aggro Pally).

Defender of Argus would be good.
    Also for lawls a single blood knight can win you games.

Your card draw is non existent, so either a single divine favour or lay on hands, or even that 4-2 person that draws when you trade. But that's not so good in a face deck where you rather not trade.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I don't think Slooge Boocher is as bad as you guys make it. The main advantage of a card like shredder isnt just its statline, its the sticky minions.

For instance, people always consider the warlock power as the best....because it gives more choices. card draw on command prevents you from usually getting to the point of having no cards in your hand, no minions on the board and topdecking, which almost always leads to a loss. being able to keep minions on the board until your next turn strengthens buff decks a bit.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    I don't think Slooge Boocher is as bad as you guys make it. The main advantage of a card like shredder isnt just its statline, its the sticky minions.

For instance, people always consider the warlock power as the best....because it gives more choices. card draw on command prevents you from usually getting to the point of having no cards in your hand, no minions on the board and topdecking, which almost always leads to a loss. being able to keep minions on the board until your next turn strengthens buff decks a bit.

Yep, exactly. With both Shredder and Belcher cycling out, this is absolutely going to take their spot.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »

2iby1o2tayf6.jpg

Defender of Argus would be good.
    Also for lawls a single blood knight can win you games.

Your card draw is non existent, so either a single divine favour or lay on hands, or even that 4-2 person that draws when you trade. But that's not so good in a face deck where you rather not trade.

There are 2 Divine Favors in that list...

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Oh, I must be blind!

I've had success with only a single divine favor and a single lay on hands.
    The lay helps vs aggro decks where divine favor doesn't give you much since the opponent is low on cards already.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I wanted to try a low curve list that just puts a lot of minions on the board. I should probably have argus in there if I keep the dragon eggs. It has some staying power because the eggs protect the board from aoe. I don't think LoH makes sense with the list because if I'm that late in the game I probably lose.

I took some of @Dibby 's suggestions and made a list much more focused on aggro, but it's a slightly different play style than what I was looking for. Effective though.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I wanted to try a low curve list that just puts a lot of minions on the board. I should probably have argus in there if I keep the dragon eggs. It has some staying power because the eggs protect the board from aoe. I don't think LoH makes sense with the list because if I'm that late in the game I probably lose.

I took some of Dibby 's suggestions and made a list much more focused on aggro, but it's a slightly different play style than what I was looking for. Effective though.

If you just want to do board vomit aggro, try Echoing Ooze. The two 1/2s are irritating to deal with, and have some bonus synergy with blessing of might/blessing of kings/knife juggler.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    MMMig
    LoH though can give you that winning edge on turn 9 or 10 when you have 4 cards you can now play (3 from lay and one from draw).

That can be a big burst that gives you that clutch final attack to finish off mid-range or control decks.
    Mainly because they'll be too busy turns 1-7 with keeping up with your board.

The best way mid-range and control decks beat aggro decks is by stabalizing (getting that clutch belcher out that you can't burst, etc.). With Boom being your only other fat card, I'd think the % of only having two fat cards is OK to keep the aggressive momentum you want, while still having that clutch late game drops.

It's one reason you see Boom in a lot of aggro decks. It's that clutch late drop that helps steal back the game from an otherwise lost tempo. That, and the reason he's ridiculously strong.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

The power of Shredder is that it's a 4/3 that summons (on average) a 2/2 or 2/3, so it can trade up into a lot of things and still leave behind a body. This is a 2/3 that summons a 2/2, which can't trade up with much. They're not even in the same league.

A minion that's just sticky isn't what's so good about the current Deathrattle cards that are everywhere. They see play because their total stats is better than normal for their cost (excepting Sludge Belcher, which is good because it is very efficient at stopping minion attacks). This card has exactly the stats for its cost, split up to make trading inefficient, and only stops 3 damage worth of minion attacks.

I'd run Yeti over Slooge Boocher any day, especially because Yeti can kill both bodies and still have 1 health left.

MMMigMuffinatronRozLucedes
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Yesterday my wife got super salty playing arena. She had a series of bad runs (0-3, 1-3, 0-3) after that amazing 12-2 run. Her losses were so one-sided and at least one draft was super good. It got to her so much that she uninstalled Hearthstone saying she was done. While I tried to talk her out of it, she wasn't having any of it.

Later on that night, I saw her drafting again with a meek smile on her face. Then this short conversation occurred:

"I thought you said you were done. What changed your mind?"

"A Cabal Shadow Priest."

I married the perfect woman. :biggrin:

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    The Escape Goat3cl1ps3MuffinatronMMMigBetsunikimeElvenshaeGrobianpirateluigiDibbyIron Weasel
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    New card:

CeFJbnhUkAAgBWH.png

That's...hmm. On the surface it certainly resembles a strictly better Twisting Nether, but it takes your entire turn and Warlock is the class that needs card draw by far the least.

NeurotikaMMMigMNC DoverMuffinatronkimeElvenshae
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    New Warlock card revealed on GosuGamers:
    1s2cn1U.gif

That's definitely a card... hmmm.
    MNC Dover wrote: »

You really did.

I was having a really salty time on ladder today and I switched over to her Dragon Priest deck. 100% winrate from then on.

Edit: Beaten by 3clipse twice in a row.... damn.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
    But it's called DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the animation has Doomsayers running around naked destroying everything, I'd run two of these.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    3cl1ps3Elvenshae
  • CreamstoutCreamstout What you think I program for, to push a fuckin' quad-core? Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Text for card:
    Warlock
    Spell
    Cost: 10 mana
    Rarity: Epic
    DOOM!
    Destroy all minions.
    Draw a card for each.

Twisting Nether on steroids.

Creamstout on
    New Warlock card revealed on GosuGamers:
    1s2cn1U.gif

That's definitely a card... hmmm.
    MNC Dover wrote: »

You really did.

I was having a really salty time on ladder today and I switched over to her Dragon Priest deck. 100% winrate from then on.

Edit: Beaten by 3clipse twice in a row.... damn.

YOU CANNOT KILL THAT WHICH HAS NO LIFE

Muffinatron
    I would totally run that card in decks that aren't Warlock.

GoodKingJayIII3cl1ps3kimeElvenshaeMMMigpirateluigiLucedes
    edited March 2016
    The artist who created the art for the mural that's in Australia has posted it up the original art along with the card name 'Corrupted Berserker'.
    Corrupted%2BBerserker.jpg

Looks cool. I wonder if they'll do a Polluted Hoarder with it and make it a 4/6 with enrage: +3 attack, or if they're going to get creative with the card text like Corrupted Healbot.

Muffinatron on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    DOOM! lets you run two twisting nethers in renodreadsteedlock, at least

or possibly even normal renolock, nether could do some work now that most good deathrattles are going away

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

The power of Shredder is that it's a 4/3 that summons (on average) a 2/2 or 2/3, so it can trade up into a lot of things and still leave behind a body. This is a 2/3 that summons a 2/2, which can't trade up with much. They're not even in the same league.

A minion that's just sticky isn't what's so good about the current Deathrattle cards that are everywhere. They see play because their total stats is better than normal for their cost (excepting Sludge Belcher, which is good because it is very efficient at stopping minion attacks). This card has exactly the stats for its cost, split up to make trading inefficient, and only stops 3 damage worth of minion attacks.

I'd run Yeti over Slooge Boocher any day, especially because Yeti can kill both bodies and still have 1 health left.

Even sludge belcher was stupidly overstatted. Compare it to Druid of the Claw for example.

Naxxrammas put way to much power into neutrals, and in the worst kind of way.

MNC DoverMMMigObiFettMahnmutThe Escape GoatLucedes
    edited March 2016
    Okay I have an unbeatable deck idea. Twisting Nether, Doom, Doomsayer, Demonwrath, Hellfire, Abomination, and Scarab to get Demonwrath or Shadowbolt. And then you kill yourself with fatigue, but you always win the moral victory.

Coinage on
    Elvenshae
    Coinage wrote: »
    Okay I have an unbeatable deck idea. Twisting Nether, Doom, Doomsayer, Demonwrath, Hellfire, Abomination, and Scarab to get Demonwrath or Shadowbolt. And then you kill yourself with fatigue, but you always win the moral victory.

Shadowflame?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    I'd like to see a deathrattle doomsayer card.

They've got card reveal voting on the Old Gods website now.

Instead of TGT where you're voting for one of two to be revealed, we're now voting in the order in which streamers can reveal their cards.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/expansions-adventures/whispers-of-the-old-gods/#vote

edited March 2016

Shadowflame?
    No, the whole point is you have no minions. They'll never see it coming.h
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL7IdEphXCg
    This was a great game, both for some silly rng and showing that you can still win with careful play, even if the situation appears hopeless and the cards you need are just out of reach. Plus, I'm still not sure if that Uldaman Rag was a good play or not. I hope that paladin was tilted for 3 games at being unable to close out the game against stupid Reno Mage.

Coinage on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    They've got card reveal voting on the Old Gods website now.

Instead of TGT where you're voting for one of two to be revealed, we're now voting in the order in which streamers can reveal their cards.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/expansions-adventures/whispers-of-the-old-gods/#vote

Make Rogue Great Again 2016

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767

Shadowflame?

Doomsayer is a minion!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    When I think of Warlock cards I'd want, Twisting Nether #2 for +2 mana that very probably mills myself...isn't on the list anywhere.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Auralynx

Shadowflame?

Doomsayer is a minion!
    You can't shadowflame Doomsayer! I swear, the pedantry in this thread. It's almost like this is a game with esoteric nonsense rules.

MadPenElvenshaeMMMigAtlas in Chains38thDoe
    Man I really wish I could play that in Druid. Druid would love a board wipe that draws, especially Astral lists.

Auralynx
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Man I really wish I could play that in Druid. Druid would love a board wipe that draws, especially Astral lists.

Druid is never going to get hard, non-damage removal without a drawback at this point. It's apparently just not their thing, which makes me sad, since I've always, always wanted to play Druid Control since day 1.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12