As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Robot's Stakehouse (Vampire Phalla Graveyard Chat)

• Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    A neutral special, perhaps, Digger Dude? Is this idea shocking to you? That special may mean neutral people with powers too?

Duuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Gnasty wrote: »
    So who thinks precisionk is lying through his teeth...
    Wait, what? What'd I miss? I just got back from firing a hundred rounds of 9mm at the range.

He's calling himself Baron of the Anarchs, and he claims that his ability includes gifting one-shot seers/vigilantes/guardians when he dies to any faction that didn't kill him.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What's scary is, I kind of wish I'd thought of it myself.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    And I mean, come on. Baron of the Anarchs? More like hey guys I'm lying to you so that you won't kill me. It's so obvious that it's painful. He's gonna die clean just like every other Camarilla.

And now that I've said it, he'll actually be the Baron of the Anarchs.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    It's always funny seeing what kind of roles the people who are faking come up with. It's always something ridicolously scary.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Celebrim wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, did you ask the Assamites to take me out, or did they do it on their own, because I had no leads on them.

We honestly wanted them to kill Ardor and Tux.

Additionally, there were people saying that Drez's declaration and Shamus's message this turn were meant to be distractions from what was going on. This wasn't the case. Drez had been seered so there was no harm in publicly outing himself and causing a scene, and with Shamus we just figured we'd take advantage of the fact that we had a mouthpiece to speak through.

I kept worrying that the Assamites were going to betray us, but jdarksun kept saying that it would be alright and how he didn't want to betray them and etc. However, I do think that it was in our best interest to kill of two network members tonight, regardless of what the Assamites and Kue-Jin did. I was the one who came up with the "golden villagers" stuff, and I'm right. Having five confirmed villagers just hanging around to take on whichever faction survives the three-way war just isn't good for anyone.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    We didn't kill Frandle and he's the one who outed you. That was really fucking annoying. A retributive seer is a fine idea so I don't mind Squasha outing me (though it should have been Gnasty) but you getting outed like that? Stupid Non-Fun for a game.
    Yeah, I agree that it should have been hints about their killer, but it might have been randomly assigned from the beginning.

If that's the case, and "The Red Sun" thing (from Frandel's role PM) was supposed to apply to me... well, it's harder for me to complain. I just don't like the idea that, no matter how well I played, I was going to get screwed by a targeted mechanic.

I'll add one thing in that it wasn't a player directed targeted ability. If I act in a way that the seer chooses to target me, then fine. That's the consequences of my actions. Being selected from the start as being outed? Bad, Unfun, Non-game.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So I just read the thread. Totally surprised there aren't a couple people in here calling me evil as hell.

I can't wait to find out why the K-J killed me.

Last Son on
  • Options
    CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Figured, about Shamus. I was trying to win him back to the Camarilla after the neutrals died. Hoping he'd give up his contact at least.

Last Son, you can ignore that PM.

Celebrim on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    <3 the Assamites. They truly know how to pull some good shit.

As for the Malkie riddles? Oh, come on. They were completely random and actually took some figuring out. Luckily, they were.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    So who thinks precisionk is lying through his teeth...
    Wait, what? What'd I miss? I just got back from firing a hundred rounds of 9mm at the range.

TL;DR: precisionk declared that he is the 'Baron of the Anarchs' special'.

No one's head is being slammed against a desk at this more than mine.
    Man. He didn't even have the decency to ask you about it before declaring himself? :lol:

He did, actually.

Five seconds in advance.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    So I just read the thread. Totally surprised there aren't a couple people in here calling me evil as hell.

I can't wait to find out why the K-J killed me.

He probably thought you were Sabbat. You were getting pretty suspicious, if we had both lived into the next round I would have considered trying to get you bandwagoned.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

As for the Malkie riddles? Oh, come on. They were completely random and actually took some figuring out. Luckily, they were.

That doesn't change the fact that DA and jdarksun were outed through no fault of their own. That's why the RNG pissed me off so much in Voyage to Phalla (the RNG killed a third of our team!)

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I still think the second Malk riddle should have been the K-J. I was looking at them as a limited 'bomb' role (I think that's the one). They identify their killer instead of kill him. That way it is not random and at least the killer's "fault" for targetting the Malkavian.

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Also, being my friend is a freaking death sentence. Everyone I traded PMs with in a friendly manner died. Even Celebrim, who contacted me after the kill choices were sent in. I mean killing me is one thing but precognitively killing people who I'm going to ally with? Thats just mean.

Last Son on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

That doesn't change the fact that DA and jdarksun were outed through no fault of their own. That's why the RNG pissed me off so much in Voyage to Phalla (the RNG killed a third of our team!)

What would've been a better alternative then? Same method of Seer'ing as the Nos, except in a riddle?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007

What would've been a better alternative then? Same method of Seer'ing as the Nos, except in a riddle?
    What other people have suggested: some kind of retribution seer

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited April 2007

See my post (limited bomb), at least that makes it the fault of the person who decided to kill them (or RNG within the group that did it if it's a group order)

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I hate to say this, but.
    They were random. Squashua was being Squashua, and frandel was referring to the Red Star, a Gehenna reference.

You can imagine how much all the insight into those last words blew me away.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I think it's going to come down to the Camarilla and the Sabbat. One of the Assamites may as well be public at this point, and we think we have a good lead on the other one. The Kue-Jin will be harder to find, but the Sabbat is better informed and has more kills than it does.

I'm thinking that the Sabbat will have an advantage towards the end, because they'll be able to manipulate the Prince vote. This can serve both to save one of their members for one night, and it can be used to simply throw suspicion on an innocent person (which in turn will make it harder for the Camarilla to decide when the death of the Prince and Seneschal occurs to save a Sabbat or when its just a confusion tactic).

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I hate to say this, but.
    They were random. Squashua was being Squashua, and frandel was referring to the Red Star, a Gehenna reference.

I knew the DA bandwagon was based on fluff. And the network was completely off by "being so sure" that he was the Brujah antitribu. That entire bandwagon was absolutely idiotic.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I hate to say this, but.

I never went on about the red star as much as bringing up sunlight and darkness in the same riddle. THAT was a coincidence?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    'sup wraiths

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    My main regret is that the Malks died so fast.

I was having so much fun coming up with their PMs.

<3 Malkavians.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Shamus wrote: »
    'sup wraiths

Hey you, get your leg(ashes) out of my chest(ashes).
    Man I told people over and over not to trust you, but did anyone listen?

Hey DevoutlyApathetic, what was your run at being a plain villager? I think I might break it.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I was really surprised that the K-J nailed Frandel and INNS. I thought he must have had some kind of seering power that he got on his days off. I guess he just got lucky?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    'sup wraiths

All I know is, I'm glad the KJ got the clue and got you when he did. <3

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    'sup wraiths

I'm likeable? :lol:

My main objective, from the beginning, was to get those assassins. I failed in that regard, but I did love all the chaos I managed to stir.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    'sup wraiths

Oh man it was so great when we decided to risk exposing Drez and recruiting Shamus. We wanted him to give us the name of the final Gangrel to prove we could trust him, but instead he gave us all of the network info. :lol:

I figure it's okay to talk about this stuff, right? It's not like I'm revealing any names or anything that could affect the current game, right?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    MIght as well say it too.

AH BLOO BLOO

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    @Gnasty.
    I don't see why not, everyone involved in that is already dead.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    'sup wraiths

Hey DevoutlyApathetic, what was your run at being a plain villager? I think I might break it.

I've lost count, I think it was 5 or 6. I'd lost count and some stuff was purged before I could actually go back and count.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    What about Thorgot, hasnt he always just been a plain villager?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Waaait a minute, I just noticed something. Shouldn't Ardor be the Seneschal?

Last Son on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    'sup wraiths

Oh man it was so great when we decided to risk exposing Drez and recruiting Shamus. We wanted him to give us the name of the final Gangrel to prove we could trust him, but instead he gave us all of the network info. :lol:

I figure it's okay to talk about this stuff, right? It's not like I'm revealing any names or anything that could affect the current game, right?

Damn it! That's why I died? Because of Shamus?! My new goal as a wraith is to somehow kill Shamus again!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Zerinan wrote: »
    'sup wraiths

Damn it! That's why I died? Because of Shamus?! My new goal as a wraith is to somehow kill Shamus again!

Yep. That and being a dirty dirty gangrel. You weren't on a radar until he gave us your name.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    'sup wraiths

Yep. That and being a dirty dirty gangrel. You weren't on a radar until he gave us your name.

My dreams of living to enjoy my first Phalla were cut short, right about the time you guys cut me in half. So if I had never contacted the "Network" I may still be alive today? I really need to learn the do's and don'ts of Phalla soon. :P

Edit: Oh, and didn't you read my death? I was the more civilized of the Gangrel, I like art and things.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    We're dead and I'm confused again. DAMNIT! LEAVE THE CONFUSION IN THE LAND OF THE...UNDEAD(?)!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    'sup wraiths

My dreams of living to enjoy my first Phalla were cut short, right about the time you guys cut me in half. So if I had never contacted the "Network" I may still be alive today? I really need to learn the do's and don'ts of Phalla soon. :P

Edit: Oh, and didn't you read my death? I was the more civilized of the Gangrel, I like art and things.

Sorry, 'bud. It just works out that way.

Also, just to clarify, that brilliant Sabbat letter wasn't penned by me. I thought it was great. The Sabbat really had the fluff going.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    'sup wraiths

Sorry, 'bud. It just works out that way.

Also, just to clarify, that brilliant Sabbat letter wasn't penned by me. I thought it was great. The Sabbat really had the fluff going.

Eh, I just hope I get a special or bad guy role next game. I think it wouldn't be as fun just being a plain dude, but actually, I could mess around with it anyway. I'm looking foward to seeing how all of this plays out.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png