As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Black Desert Online (Orwen Server Ch. Mediah O1)

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @MyDcmbr I put in a ticket on their website, and ended up having my stuff plopped in my lap with no notice. Check your in-game mail.

Also, you need to meet me so I can invite you already :P

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    And just to send the pings out @Hibiki @Boatload Of Suck Did you guys not end up playing during the Conqueror headstart? Just trying to get everyone into the clan before I even think about converting it into a guild proper.

Also tomorrow @vamen @Aiserou and @Ash-Housewares Will get to join us so just say stuff in the thread and we can meet up sometime and I'll get you invited.

I really wish it wasn't the case, but they made it where we've gotta be in the same channel and physically near one another to manage the invites. This includes friend invites!

• HibikiHibiki Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    And just to send the pings out @Hibiki @Boatload Of Suck Did you guys not end up playing during the Conqueror headstart? Just trying to get everyone into the clan before I even think about converting it into a guild proper.

Also tomorrow @vamen @Aiserou and @Ash-Housewares Will get to join us so just say stuff in the thread and we can meet up sometime and I'll get you invited.

I really wish it wasn't the case, but they made it where we've gotta be in the same channel and physically near one another to manage the invites. This includes friend invites!

yea, I messaged you several times last night, never got a reply

@Hibiki Whispered? I never got them. I'd be able to get you in right now though.

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    @MyDcmbr I put in a ticket on their website, and ended up having my stuff plopped in my lap with no notice. Check your in-game mail.

Also, you need to meet me so I can invite you already :P

I got the stuff last night at like 3am, so all is well. :hydra:

I won't be on today or tonight due to work and class, but I should be on tomorrow evening like 6pm EST if you want to coordinate a meetup location and channel.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    Also tomorrow vamen Aiserou and Ash-Housewares Will get to join us so just say stuff in the thread and we can meet up sometime and I'll get you invited.

I'll be on after work today, so shortly after 4 pm central time. If I see you on steam I'll hit you up before I jump on.

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Can't waaaaait. So pumped!
    The invitation limits seem weird...I mean, I guess it's in line with all the other stuff, like no waypoints and having to physically carry loot to banks and such, but still.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Yeah it is weird, but with actual Guilds players need to agree on pay, sign on bonus, and terms. So I imagine that is why it is the why it is. We just have a Clan so that is stuff we don't have to worry about (yet).

Edit- FYI, Clans are much like a Guild in a typical MMO (but with a 15 player cap).

Guilds are more like companies (or Guilds of olde :) ). Players get a daily salary from the Guild and Guilds can take on missions and fight for nodes. Guilds over 30 members need to pay upkeep.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    Just wait until I make us into a proper Guild and put you guys to work.

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Am I converting time zones right, and the Traveler's Package folks get their headstart in about 2.5 hours?

No that's tomorrow, the Explorer's pack released like 9 hours ago though.

• GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    It's currently almost 6 pm UTC, head start should be in 9 hours if my math is correct. (Midnight PST/ 3 am EST).

Looking forward to this, didn't get into any of the betas but have been looking at this for a while. Still flip-flopping on what class I want first.

steam_sig.png
    Your math is off by about five hours I'm afraid :D

Oh, right. Forgot it was only the first today. :)

• AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    Just wait until I make us into a proper Guild and put you guys to work.

Is it to late to unionize?

I demand free soda in the break room.

Don't worry I'll work out good contracts.

But seriously the way the system works is to PAY the guild members those contracts, we gotta do guild missions. So I'll just announce when I'll set one off here/in-game and you guys should help cause I know you want the $$$

• GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    Not sure how my brain got 9 hours instead of 14 from that.

The guild stuff does look interesting, the fact that the guild pays people for work is a pretty cool concept. How much effort does it look like to turn a clan into a guild?

steam_sig.png
    100,000 silver worth of effort.

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    100,000 silver worth of effort.

Chump change. I made 900k in the past couple of days from all my trading. If it wasn't for the fact that I actually want to play the game, I could just buy a wagon and just trade trade trade.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    Man, I'm excited to start playing, but at the same time there's so much to do that I'm stuck not knowing what to do first/second/third/etc.

I've been focusing on fishing so the income has been slow at first :P Working on it.

• Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    Okay got my character up on the server. Kirea Dupree. I'm on west coast time, so I'll try to check in later tonight to see if anyone is on.

Are we using the standard PA TS server and are you all usually in TS when playing?

Well I hang out in another TS3 but given I'd rather we not flood my friends server(lest he's cool with it @proyebat ) we can just use the normal PA one. Me and my buddies just migrated cause we got annoyed by it going down a lot.

• hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Alright, made my first character on Orwen. Derge the sorceress. Family name Hatedinamerica.
    Kinda unimpressed with low level sorc so far. It kinda just seems like a slower tamer.

Anyway, I'll be online for a few hours before I have to go to work. Might get some more time in this evening but it is the Agent Carter finale tonight so who knows. :P

Got Ash into the clan, I'm basically here all day cause I work from home so give me a shout.

I've been making my money by murdering everything. Also I'm poised to become the Saudi Arabia of Black Stone Powder. Been having my slaves indentured servants, uh, unpaid interns, oh wait, permanent volunteers processing the stuff since day one. Probably have a couple mil worth sitting in storage. :biggrin:

Nonsense.

They get paid in Beer.

Nonsense.

They get paid in Beer.

Ah, student volunteers then.

So how does one set up the student volunteer thing?

You get one worker for free, beyond that you need to use contribution points to buy a residence for them. You link the town the worker is at to the node you want them to work in. Linking nodes you just discover a node, talk to the Node Manager and spend contribution points.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2016
    Getting mildly interested in this. The Blader video in the OP at least makes it seem like female characters will get practical-looking armor without inexplicable bare midriffs, so that's a +1 for me.

Any words on how this game will launch in Europe? B2P? Sub? F2P?

edit: B2P, no sub, seems like?

Echo on
    @Echo That depends entirely on the class.

But yeah exact same as US, in fact you can freely play on both servers just by changing something in the launcher.

Have they announced when Blader/Plum will make it to NA, by the way?

Is there anywhere specific I should pick in this list?
    G6Edj20.jpg

You can change channels relatively freely so it doesn't really matter. Server is the important part. Obviously you need to be on the same server AND channel as someone to interact with them.

Ah cool thanks. I ASSUMED those were channels but I wasn't sure so I wanted to be safe.

Can't wait to get home and see what kind of fish I caught while at work. :D

More games need cool afk options like this. As a smoker and easily distracted person with a weird schedule, it's pretty great.

I'll be able to get on again and invite you guys soon, was just giving my client a break.

• downerdowner Registered User regular
    I'll be picking this up. I'll update the spreadsheet when I have a character made, @Arthil

Sure thing :D Given all of our guest passes will become available the 3rd, that may be when I upgrade us into a guild proper.