As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Archer: *Now* it's done

QuidQuid Definitely not a bananaRegistered User regular
edited December 2023 in Debate and/or Discourse
9oMjJtM.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhaEowME4T0

mbEOAuF.jpg?1

vrXg7BD.jpg

eIHfSv4.jpg

Season seven starts March 31st on FX.

Quid on

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    All hail our glorious, honest, new thread overlord.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I don't see you driving a tank through a wall Quid. Next you'll tell me this coup doesn't feature nerve gas or tigers.

In general I'm against coups that do not driving tanks through walls though I have had my heart broken many a time that "Archer's Back!" pops up and it was nothing but dirty dirty lies.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I don't see you driving a tank through a wall Quid. Next you'll tell me this coup doesn't feature nerve gas or tigers.

In general I'm against coups that do not driving tanks through walls though I have had my heart broken many a time that "Archer's Back!" pops up and it was nothing but dirty dirty lies.

OP updated.

• Options
    Kilgore TroutKilgore Trout Registered User regular
    Tanks? Tigers? Nerve gas? It sounds like the forum zone I have entered is one of danger.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

OP updated.

Is this exactly what we wanted other Barry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojrvfoJeueg

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Yup, Archer really is turning into Magnum P.I.

And check out the guest stars:
    J.K. Simmons and Keegan Michael Key will star as recurring rival investigators seen at the fringe of many of Archer’s cases, Patton Oswalt will appear in multiple episodes as a dirty lawyer, and both Jon Daly and Jon Glaser will have roles.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Just so long as they actually solve cases and get paid once in a while.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Will Archer complete cases and missions or will they crash and burn in the last 30 seconds of every episode? Because every episode ending like Arrested Development in Vice and the last season was very tiresome, to the point I was expecting Archer: Homeless Shelter for this season.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    The whole theme, connecting to his idol, Burt Reynolds?

That's some six degrees of separation shit man.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i really appreciate the title of this thread.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Yes, many thanks for this thread title! (in before Quid mysteriously disappears forever and the title never updates again)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

J.K. Simmons and Keegan Michael Key will star as recurring rival investigators seen at the fringe of many of Archer’s cases, Patton Oswalt will appear in multiple episodes as a dirty lawyer, and both Jon Daly and Jon Glaser will have roles.

Oh my god. Allow me to be the 1,000th person to say: Just once, please let him dip into the J Jonah Jameson bag of tricks. Demand pictures, call Archer a menace, whatever it takes.

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Oh my god. Allow me to be the 1,000th person to say: Just once, please let him dip into the J Jonah Jameson bag of tricks. Demand pictures, call Archer a menace, whatever it takes.

Or Cave Johnson.

https://youtu.be/IPG3eDTy-yo

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Have him be a scientist, called Ford! Link Archer with Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Looking for non-region locked versions of the trailer, I discovered this:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/archer-investigations-los-angeles

Apparently there's been a private investigator company called Archer in LA for a while. The woman who works there is named Cheryl (Or possibly Carol??).

http://www.archerpi.com/

Actually is this maybe viral marketing and/or a weird easter egg like that Krieger website?

jakobagger on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I bet Cyril's getting pretty good with that T-72.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Been marathoning this on Netflix for the first time, season 5 is weird.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Emissary42 wrote: »

"I'm so turned on I think I'm actually getting dehydrated"

Holy shit

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Holy shit

This is the woman who said being murdered would give her the 'world's gushiest orgasm'.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Holy shit

This is the woman who said being murdered would give her the 'world's gushiest orgasm'.

something something drool eyeball

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    That preview makes PI look like a much better fit than drug smugglers.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    The drug smuggling fit it was just handled miserably.

They should have had some honest successes just so we could have gotten a Cyril/Mallory/Pam/Carol episode showing them attempting to run that laundromat and actually do legitimate business to make laundering the money possible.

That's how the story should have progressed. Let Lana, Archer, and Ray have wacky antics trying to sell it, but they should have been allowed to sell some so we could have had the fun of watching Pam and Carol try to run a business under Cyril's instruction with Mallory wandering around micromanaging him.

Krieger could have gotten to hop back and forth between both groups managing collecting money/delivering coccaine from and to Archer Ray and Lana and dropping off the money to Cyril.

And I dunno give Woodhouse a shoe shine stand in front of the laundromat that ends up making more money than the laundromat itself.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Will Archer complete cases and missions or will they crash and burn in the last 30 seconds of every episode? Because every episode ending like Arrested Development in Vice and the last season was very tiresome, to the point I was expecting Archer: Homeless Shelter for this season.

can you explain what you mean by ending like arrested development? I didn't watch so if you can't I understand

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Honestly the Archer Vice thing was an idea that should have probably only lasted a few episodes, not an entire season. I don't think they had enough good ideas to sustain it that long. Overall I wasn't a huge fan of it, but it's over so at least it was still only a temporary thing.

In the end I think I just would rather see them being secret agents :P This Magnum P.I. thing is at least basically the same general idea as that, so I think this will work much better.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I thought the episode with Archer, Ray and Cyril having to trudge through jungle and get to a plane, complete with crocodiles gorily devouring the guards and Ray completely faking his infirm condition (which amused Archer after he had to carry him around the whole time) was pretty fantastic. Maybe the best episode of that season.

• Options
    I thought the episode with Archer, Ray and Cyril having to trudge through jungle and get to a plane, complete with crocodiles gorily devouring the guards and Ray completely faking his infirm condition (which amused Archer after he had to carry him around the whole time) was pretty fantastic. Maybe the best episode of that season.

Yeah, that one was good. But it also didn't have a lot to do with the drugs, other than as a launching point. But I think that plotline only had so many good launching points like that :P

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Variable wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »

can you explain what you mean by ending like arrested development? I didn't watch so if you can't I understand

Its a formula that worked for Arrested Development. Each episode ends with the main characters' efforts ending in sitcommy failure or with disastrous side effects for reasons out of nowhere, usually some surprise fact in the end of the show, rendering all the efforts of an episode a waste. It gets to a point where in Season 3, a character goes "okay, let me make a choice, I already know its going to end in failure for some wacky reason" and it does.

In Archer seasons 5 and 6, the show is turning into this, where every mission ends in failure and every attempt at making money ends up with the money, or money source, spontaneously combusting because reasons. Remember the train episode where Archer complete a capture mission and Malory goes "did you get a reciept" in the last 30 seconds of the episode?" Yeah, that shit gets old. At least in the Saudi episode in season 6, the mission gradually snowballs into madness, rather than following that formula.

Archer needs to start winning at something. ISIS and crew are burning too many bridges.

Cantido on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    To be fair, "did you get a receipt?" Was pretty funny.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

At that point though it was still a fairly fresh joke for them to make. It WOULD be nice to see them succeed for a change.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

At that point though it was still a fairly fresh joke for them to make. It WOULD be nice to see them succeed for a change.

Another good one is in season 6.
    Katya's vibrating robot vagina in the sink was hilarious and set up perfectly.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    yea, though on the business end I think the show could improve, but on the personal development side I think it has been fucking aces. So many great character moments.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    webguy20 wrote: »
    yea, though on the business end I think the show could improve, but on the personal development side I think it has been fucking aces. So many great character moments.

I would love to see more Krieger, but I would totally understand if they're wary of over-using him.

Also the dog, Khazak (sp). I wish he was around.

PS- praise little baby jesus for this new thread title.

Bobble on
  • Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

PS- praise the wee baby Seamus for this new thread title.

FTFY

• Options
    Two things:

Amazon has a new preview thing up to buy for $0.00, shows some of the dynamics for this season it appears but it's only like a minute long.

We are also now 10 days away from new season. Brace yourselves.

• Options
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Buzzfeed has the cold open for the first episode of the next season on their site:

buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/brace-yourself-for-the-biggest-shock-in-archer-history#.jkjZNa11z

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I see this wasn't posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPCR4vUguk

You people should be ashamed of yourselves

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Buzzfeed has the cold open for the first episode of the next season on their site:

buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/brace-yourself-for-the-biggest-shock-in-archer-history#.jkjZNa11z

Careful, they spoil the opening before actually letting you watch the clip, like a bunch of dummies.

But said scene is shocking as fuck.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

Careful, they spoil the opening before actually letting you watch the clip, like a bunch of dummies.

But said scene is shocking as fuck.

Given the premise of the season:
    Stunt double?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png