As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] thread: Aliens. Superhereos. Mayo. Games for all!

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Petesalzl wrote: »
    After playing quite a bit of NFS: Most Wanted (2012), I've come to the conclusion that it's complete bullshit.

I remember when NFS games were fun. That seems like a long time ago.

im going to agree with you here for the solo part of the game, im sure multiplayer FNG was loads of fun and i did get it for free which makes me like it better than i should, but
    two things are really bothering me to the point im not gonna play solo anymore. first the dlc is all in the game, just sitting there, but when get to a place where you would access it it opens up the origin store with youre game still running in the background. i tried to switch cars once when running from the cops and got busted cause the car was actually dlc. which brings me to two and the worst part, the cops. oh i hate the cops in this game. its not something that would ever be a feature im looking for in a game but i normally dont mind it, but these cops are almost impossible to run from sometimes. sometimes i get away quick, other times its 20min of trying to turbo away in my src only to have them fly past me (makes perfect sense) or making a clean getaway only to have a roadblock show up in front of me out of nowhere even though the game said i got away. blarg.

That does sound a bit like MW(05). I remember a chase that just...ended...when they boxed me in somehow.

Mostly, it's just a natural result of EA's vaunted rubberband race physics.

The game kept freezing for me, and yeah, I don't understand how you run from the cops. It was hit and miss for me on that.

In MW(12)? I don't know. I never played it. In 05, it was about breaking line of sight either by hiding or blowing through objects to block pursuit. The higher the wanted level, the longer you have to run (unless you can hide without being seen). Getting to a garage to swap cars would lower heat, too.

Whatever the free one was? The one we used for FNG? I get how it was supposed to work, but you could not outrun cops. They always where right there, regardless of noss or not. Maybe I just didn't play NFS as much, but it just got old.

Then that would be (12).

And a shitty design philosophy that thinks players will find it challenging when the AI cannot be fooled.

It just occurred to me, Are you supposed to "evade" the cops by smashing them? That seems like the only way? That doesn't seem like good game design.

You can wreck them, but they're just as likely to wreck you. Plus, they do that thing where you're constantly picking up new cops as you remove or lose others.

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    I own oblivion: gold and have little desire to go back and play dlc.

The Shivering Isles DLC is the best part of Oblivion.

so much truth.
    "wont he be surprised when his heart explodes? he loves surprises"

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    They also added in the hacking and mind control systems and did some amount of rebalancing. Plus the final boss is more difficult.

Aren't these conflicting statements?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I added a big bunch of you just now, but rest assured it's not for gifting because dollars.

Is just that I need MOAR FRIENDS.

EDIT:
    AW DANG I'VE BEEN HIT
    RED ALERT
    BATTLE STATIONS

bxikoltmossv.png

gee, I was actually watching a storm an hour ago

Man now I have to find more vict... I mean people who still don't own the games I still have in my Inventory.

Thanks so much, Firebird!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Just need to get these last few MMOs installed and I'll be back playing and shrinking my backlog with the best of them.

Also got amazing, wonderful news- my uncle's been cleared to go home from the hospital. He'll be on oxygen for a while, and blood thinners for a long time, but you know what? I'll take it.

I do has a happy- a massive, wonderful happy today.

Now if only The Secret World would download faster...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    That's great news, J4! Sounds like a positive prognosis. Glad you've had some good news after all you've been through.

My Grannie died this morning. My final grandparent. It's kind of a blow, but to be honest we weren't close. And she'd been suffering from dementia these last few years, so there's as much relief as sadness, really. Such a horrible illness. Grieving's already been partially spread out over a long time.

So I've been feeling a bit down today but remembering some good memories. One in particular might stand out to you fellow game-playing types... all the way back in about 1991 or so, after I'd been staying with her and my Grandad for a couple of weeks in the summer, and when my mum picked me up at the end of it, Grannie slipped me £35 so I could pick up Midwinter II: Flames of Freedom which Grandad had earlier declined to let me pick up. And, despite how poorly that game's aged (mostly its controls), I'd still rate it as one of my all-time favourites.

Definitely worth raising a glass to, I think.

Jazz on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    @Firebird did a thing.
    tcb3aizwv5rb.jpg
    Thank you for Blade Symphony!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know if the Command and Conquer Renegade mod for Unreal 3 Black is still a thing? I lost the link to the site for it and I don't remember what it was called.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    MORE? MORE?!

@ReverseCreations why?????

ph2lvi8wncwl.png

Though apparently this is the best one so thank you.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Finally booted Tomb Raider back up. Says my last save was October of 2013, which can't be right, but it certainly feels that way.

Just did an arena battle where I hid in a tree while guys tried to kill me by throwing molotovs and missing completely. After I killed them, I dropped to the ground and then ran back up a tree cause I had spawned a second wave of dudes and wolves that had killed me on an earlier playthrough.

Joan Rambo I am not.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Wait, are there people in this thread who don't already own Bastion, FTL, Portal, and all those other games people can never give away?

That reminds me, I need to finish Portal. Maybe today is the day!

Today was the day. It is done! I finally did it. My last save was from 2010. But I am finally Portal-free.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Just need to get these last few MMOs installed and I'll be back playing and shrinking my backlog with the best of them.

Also got amazing, wonderful news- my uncle's been cleared to go home from the hospital. He'll be on oxygen for a while, and blood thinners for a long time, but you know what? I'll take it.

I do has a happy- a massive, wonderful happy today.

Now if only The Secret World would download faster...

If you have any questions about The Secret World just post in the TSW thread in the MMO subforum.

• Options
    It also took me a good while to remember how to shoot rope arrows. And I don't think I'm close to done with the story.

What the hell was I doing for 18 hours of playtime? Kicking boxes open?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    It also took me a good while to remember how to shoot rope arrows. And I don't think I'm close to done with the story.

What the hell was I doing for 18 hours of playtime? Kicking boxes open?

It is arguably the best box-kicking-open simulator ever made.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    This is awesome.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-eula-that-pc-gamers-deserve/

In case you're at work or something (I've worked enough Sundays to know that is a thing that happens) and can't read it via the link:
    You've seen 'em. You've agreed to 'em. You may have even actually read one of 'em. A EULA (end-user license agreement) is a legal contract between a game publisher and you, the purchaser of the game license, that you must agree to in order to play the game. These contracts are often dozens of pages long, can be altered at any time by the seller, and are non-negotiable.

Well, who says consumers can't draft their own long, one-sided legal document that game companies have to agree to as well? We call it a YOU-LA, and it's for you, the consumer! Just imagine submitting your credit card information, and having something pop up on their screen for a change...

YOU-LA

Very important: read this document before you process my credit card information for the software in question, hereinafter referred to as The Game. This constitutes an official and legally binding agreement concluded between you (the Game Company I Don't Entirely Trust) and me, the Consumer (Who Has Been Burned Way Too Many Times).

BY ACCEPTING MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT PROCESS MY CREDIT CARD.

Please note: the Consumer is nice enough to give The Game Company this YOU-LA before you process my credit card information, as opposed to The Game Company's EULA, which is given to the Consumer after they've already had their credit cards processed. The Consumer just wanted to point that out.

1. PROTECTION OF INFORMATION

You agree to protect the Consumer's information. This includes email address, home address, phone number, logins and passwords, date of birth, credit card numbers, and all other account information supplied by the Consumer. The Game Company will not send an email three weeks after a data breach letting the Consumer know their information may have been compromised because there will not be a data breach because you will PROTECT THE CONSUMER'S GODDAMN INFORMATION. Failure to protect the Consumer's information will result in an immediate refund, a private apology, a public apology, a second, better public apology to make up for the inevitably substandard first public apology, and a designated representative of The Game Company to come over to the Consumer's house and sit on hold with the bank while they issue the Consumer a new credit card number.

2. SUPPORT SERVICES

Simply stating the product is sold "as-is" in your EULA does not absolve you of the responsibility of providing adequate support services. Unless you give the Consumer a chance to fully test The Game in advance of purchase, the Consumer cannot possibly know what the hell "as-is" actually means. As such, you will staff an adequate number of support technicians in the event that "as-is" means "broken as all hell." After all, the Consumer is not giving you "as-is" credit card information with a couple of numbers missing, right? Right.

3. ALWAYS ONLINE DRM FOR SINGLE-PLAYER GAMES

If The Game requires an always-on internet connection but The Game is a single-player experience, please provide a reason, hereinafter referred to as The Obviously Transparent Lie. Prepare to have The Obviously Transparent Lie mocked, belittled, and quickly disproved by modders (hereinafter known as Heroes). Then prepare to sheepishly remove the always-online DRM in a future patch.

Better still, avoid all this unpleasantness and irreparable damage to your reputation by simply not making the Consumer always be online for single-player games.

4. HARDWARE SURVEY

You are required to list the specs of the computer The Game Company used for The Game's promotional trailers. If The Game requires, for instance, Oak Ridge National Laboratory's Titan supercomputer to achieve a steady 60 FPS and all those awesome post-processing effects shown in the trailer, the Consumer would sure like to know that in advance.

You are also required to provide footage showing The Game running on a PC using what you consider to be "minimum requirements" because what The Game Company and the Consumer consider minimum acceptable performance are probably two very different things.

5. DIGITAL DISCOUNT

Releasing The Game digitally rather than on physical media saves The Game Company money. It also makes it impossible for the Consumer to trade or sell The Game when the Consumer is done with it, which makes the Game Company money in additional sales from other Consumers. The Consumer can't help but notice that games sold digitally are still somehow the same price as retail games. The Consumer would really like an explanation for that, and more importantly, a discount for purchasing a game digitally. The Consumer is still waiting for these discounts to appear. The Consumer has been waiting for quite some time.

6. UPDATES

You will provide full and descriptive patch notes when issuing an update to The Game. Your patch notes will not simply state "various fixes" were made, which will cost the Consumer the time it takes to see if you've fixed the specific problem that's been preventing the Consumer from enjoying the game, or if one such various fix completely neuters the Consumer's favorite weapon to the point where it might as well just pop out a flag that says "bang" on it. If The Game Company has someone making "various fixes" it surely can't be much of a strain for them to write down a list of these fixes in a text file as they fix them, right? It takes two seconds. Honestly.

Besides, the Consumer loves reading comprehensive patch notes.

7. INTRODUCTORY LOGOS AND SEQUENCES

The Game Company agrees to make intro logos skippable. These logos constitute advertising and as the Consumer has already purchased The Game, it should be ad-free. The Consumer is already well aware by now that Nvidia definitely considers Nvidia to be the way games are meant to be played. The Consumer gets it. Really.

While we're on this topic, The Game Company also agrees not to make the Consumer look at introductory movie sequences every single time they start The Game. Once is plenty: after the first viewing, the intro sequence should be automatically disabled and only viewable from the main menu. Does The Game Company sit through the intro sequence to Boardwalk Empire or Homeland every time they watch an episode? Of course not, those intro sequences are boring and interminable. (Game of Thrones is one exception, because watching those little cities pop up is cool every single time. Is your intro sequence as cool as Game of Thrones? No? Then we probably don't want to watch it more than once.)

8. DAY ONE DLC AND RIDICULOUS PRE-PURCHASE "BONUSES"

Do we even have to get into this, The Game Company? I don't think we do. Look at you. You're blushing and looking away from the screen. You know what you're doing is wrong. We're not even mad, we're just disappointed. And mad.

9. CHANGE OF TERMS

The Consumer reserves the right to change, update, revise, supplement, or otherwise modify this YOU-LA at any time in the future (or, should the Consumer gain access to a time machine, which the Consumer recognizes as a distinct possibility, in the past). Changes will probably be based on how angry and frustrated the Consumer gets about any given thing at any given time. Changes will not be highlighted or called out in any way: you'll just have to read this entire agreement again and try to figure what the changes are.

Your continued use of the Consumer's money will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these changes.

Point 1 at the very least should be etched in stone and smashed over the head of every tech CEO ever.

(Edit: formatting.)

Jazz on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    The dasterdly @Antoshka strikes from out of the black with a code for Reassembly!

Thank you! This looks like something right up my spacelane.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Subnautica is very pretty and also very fun. My home base!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Ianator wrote: »

That's what I've been saying! :razz:

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    This is awesome.

In case you're at work or something (I've worked enough Sundays to know that is a thing that happens) and can't read it via the link:
    You've seen 'em. You've agreed to 'em. You may have even actually read one of 'em. A EULA (end-user license agreement) is a legal contract between a game publisher and you, the purchaser of the game license, that you must agree to in order to play the game. These contracts are often dozens of pages long, can be altered at any time by the seller, and are non-negotiable.

Well, who says consumers can't draft their own long, one-sided legal document that game companies have to agree to as well? We call it a YOU-LA, and it's for you, the consumer! Just imagine submitting your credit card information, and having something pop up on their screen for a change...

YOU-LA

Very important: read this document before you process my credit card information for the software in question, hereinafter referred to as The Game. This constitutes an official and legally binding agreement concluded between you (the Game Company I Don't Entirely Trust) and me, the Consumer (Who Has Been Burned Way Too Many Times).

BY ACCEPTING MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT PROCESS MY CREDIT CARD.

Please note: the Consumer is nice enough to give The Game Company this YOU-LA before you process my credit card information, as opposed to The Game Company's EULA, which is given to the Consumer after they've already had their credit cards processed. The Consumer just wanted to point that out.

You agree to protect the Consumer's information. This includes email address, home address, phone number, logins and passwords, date of birth, credit card numbers, and all other account information supplied by the Consumer. The Game Company will not send an email three weeks after a data breach letting the Consumer know their information may have been compromised because there will not be a data breach because you will PROTECT THE CONSUMER'S GODDAMN INFORMATION. Failure to protect the Consumer's information will result in an immediate refund, a private apology, a public apology, a second, better public apology to make up for the inevitably substandard first public apology, and a designated representative of The Game Company to come over to the Consumer's house and sit on hold with the bank while they issue the Consumer a new credit card number.

2. SUPPORT SERVICES

Simply stating the product is sold "as-is" in your EULA does not absolve you of the responsibility of providing adequate support services. Unless you give the Consumer a chance to fully test The Game in advance of purchase, the Consumer cannot possibly know what the hell "as-is" actually means. As such, you will staff an adequate number of support technicians in the event that "as-is" means "broken as all hell." After all, the Consumer is not giving you "as-is" credit card information with a couple of numbers missing, right? Right.

If The Game requires an always-on internet connection but The Game is a single-player experience, please provide a reason, hereinafter referred to as The Obviously Transparent Lie. Prepare to have The Obviously Transparent Lie mocked, belittled, and quickly disproved by modders (hereinafter known as Heroes). Then prepare to sheepishly remove the always-online DRM in a future patch.

Better still, avoid all this unpleasantness and irreparable damage to your reputation by simply not making the Consumer always be online for single-player games.

4. HARDWARE SURVEY

You are required to list the specs of the computer The Game Company used for The Game's promotional trailers. If The Game requires, for instance, Oak Ridge National Laboratory's Titan supercomputer to achieve a steady 60 FPS and all those awesome post-processing effects shown in the trailer, the Consumer would sure like to know that in advance.

You are also required to provide footage showing The Game running on a PC using what you consider to be "minimum requirements" because what The Game Company and the Consumer consider minimum acceptable performance are probably two very different things.

5. DIGITAL DISCOUNT

Releasing The Game digitally rather than on physical media saves The Game Company money. It also makes it impossible for the Consumer to trade or sell The Game when the Consumer is done with it, which makes the Game Company money in additional sales from other Consumers. The Consumer can't help but notice that games sold digitally are still somehow the same price as retail games. The Consumer would really like an explanation for that, and more importantly, a discount for purchasing a game digitally. The Consumer is still waiting for these discounts to appear. The Consumer has been waiting for quite some time.

6. UPDATES

You will provide full and descriptive patch notes when issuing an update to The Game. Your patch notes will not simply state "various fixes" were made, which will cost the Consumer the time it takes to see if you've fixed the specific problem that's been preventing the Consumer from enjoying the game, or if one such various fix completely neuters the Consumer's favorite weapon to the point where it might as well just pop out a flag that says "bang" on it. If The Game Company has someone making "various fixes" it surely can't be much of a strain for them to write down a list of these fixes in a text file as they fix them, right? It takes two seconds. Honestly.

The Game Company agrees to make intro logos skippable. These logos constitute advertising and as the Consumer has already purchased The Game, it should be ad-free. The Consumer is already well aware by now that Nvidia definitely considers Nvidia to be the way games are meant to be played. The Consumer gets it. Really.

While we're on this topic, The Game Company also agrees not to make the Consumer look at introductory movie sequences every single time they start The Game. Once is plenty: after the first viewing, the intro sequence should be automatically disabled and only viewable from the main menu. Does The Game Company sit through the intro sequence to Boardwalk Empire or Homeland every time they watch an episode? Of course not, those intro sequences are boring and interminable. (Game of Thrones is one exception, because watching those little cities pop up is cool every single time. Is your intro sequence as cool as Game of Thrones? No? Then we probably don't want to watch it more than once.)

Do we even have to get into this, The Game Company? I don't think we do. Look at you. You're blushing and looking away from the screen. You know what you're doing is wrong. We're not even mad, we're just disappointed. And mad.

9. CHANGE OF TERMS

The Consumer reserves the right to change, update, revise, supplement, or otherwise modify this YOU-LA at any time in the future (or, should the Consumer gain access to a time machine, which the Consumer recognizes as a distinct possibility, in the past). Changes will probably be based on how angry and frustrated the Consumer gets about any given thing at any given time. Changes will not be highlighted or called out in any way: you'll just have to read this entire agreement again and try to figure what the changes are.

Your continued use of the Consumer's money will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these changes.

Point 1 at the very least should be etched in stone and smashed over the head of every tech CEO ever.

In all seriousness, I must be missing the point of the article? Transactions are processed once the end-user clicks a button. No human processes your CC info. Or is this like some sort of "we can't hold you to this even though we wish we could so in a similar vein, you shouldn't hold us to EULAs" ?

I think it's all just over my head.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Oh shit Horizons is on offer! Everyone buy it so it's even cheaper by the time I'm able to play it!

• Options
    Guys, I bring terrible news!
    dwbn3tymrlv8.jpg
    I think Madican might be using Noboy to hide behind! But I'm not sure...

Thank you @Madican for Battlefleet Gothic! I've been looking forward to this one for a while.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Oh shit Horizons is on offer! Everyone buy it so it's even cheaper by the time I'm able to play it!

When are you getting your pc fixed, Isy? So that you can fly down to planets and stuff

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    This is awesome.

YOU-LA

2. SUPPORT SERVICES

4. HARDWARE SURVEY

5. DIGITAL DISCOUNT

6. UPDATES

9. CHANGE OF TERMS

In all seriousness, I must be missing the point of the article? Transactions are processed once the end-user clicks a button. No human processes your CC info. Or is this like some sort of "we can't hold you to this even though we wish we could so in a similar vein, you shouldn't hold us to EULAs" ?

'EULAs suck' probably covers it.

• Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Unless a Games online retailer wants to mess with you and take your soul via EULA
    http://www.geek.com/games/gamestation-eula-collects-7500-souls-from-unsuspecting-customers-1194091/

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    EULAs are hardly enforceable. It's what made the souls thing a lark. It also means other more legitimate looking EULAs are also bunk.

There was one recently that said the first X amount of people to read this and email us get a prize.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    And @Firebird proves I'm not even safe during my monthly grocery run.

PDxrJaH.png?1

Thanks for Grim Fandango!

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I come out of my obsessive Digimon evolving/devolving zone to find that @Antoshka has struck without warning. Thank you, I've heard some good things about this one.

a10wf2M.png

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    This is awesome.

YOU-LA

2. SUPPORT SERVICES

4. HARDWARE SURVEY

5. DIGITAL DISCOUNT

6. UPDATES

9. CHANGE OF TERMS

'EULAs suck' probably covers it.

Ah, okay. I mean, they could've just said that, but i guess that doesn't make an article.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Man, Stuck at work for 7 more hours and all i want to do is play some more Life is Strange. :(

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

When are you getting your pc fixed, Isy? So that you can fly down to planets and stuff

Likely be possible next year. New build for VR I think.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »

Sub nautical is a game that might temp me to get a VR headset, if it supports them at a later date - it's just so relaxing.

I would happily play it in explorer mode (no damage) and just swim around building elaborate underwater bases, enjoying the scenery and music.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Hey!
    What took me from my game of Just Cause 3????

Oh, crap IT'S ANOTHER DRIVE BY GIFTING!
    jh8uqfn6opsn.png

Whhyyyyyy are you being so meeeeeanly awesome guyse???

I'm gonna sass the crap out of that planet, Karoz, you rest assured!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Once you pop the fun don't stop apparently, as @ReverseCreations has seen fit to snipe yet another game off my wishlist. Thank you.

b3wRHmD.png

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I've discovered the only problem to leaving my laptop open to finish downloading Steam stuff during the Super Bowl:
    1) Lappy gets warm.

2) Warmth attracts kitteh.

3) Kitteh steps all over keyboard and manages to plant a paw on the power button and forcibly power down the system.

4) I come in to see how my downloading is going and end up all omgwtfbbq and trying to see what hardware or software failed and lead to a shutdown.

5) Windows doesn't boot the first time round. Images of empty pockets from lappy repairs abound.

6) Windows boots the second time and I relax a bit. Open up internet, look up at the address bar and find a mess of text that can only be a cat plopped on a warm keyboard instead of the web address for the Steam Thread.

7) Mutter "I'm too old for this crap..." and launch antiviral scans to be followed by maintenance to doublecheck.

TL;DR: Cat powers down laptop while I'm in the other room watching the game and nearly gives me a heart attack due to thinking some major component failed.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Does anyone play FO4 on Ultra 1080p with mods or The Witcher 3 on High with good performance? If so could you PM me some builds for your machines? I'm helping a friend build a machine and get involved in Steam and so forth. He just wants to be able to play modded FO4 and Witcher 3 maxed out without any hiccups, and I have played neither game.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    @destroyah87 exploits a flaw in RNG that he may or may not have manipulated. Thanks for Subnautica!

GGkpKuW.png

And then @Antoshka continues to launch things at me for no reason whatsoever with the Humble Bundle for XCOM and Civ 5 expansions. Then follows up. Thanks!

WeJilYz.png

Someone distract these monsters already.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I've discovered the only problem to leaving my laptop open to finish downloading Steam stuff during the Super Bowl:
    1) Lappy gets warm.

3) Kitteh steps all over keyboard and manages to plant a paw on the power button and forcibly power down the system.

4) I come in to see how my downloading is going and end up all omgwtfbbq and trying to see what hardware or software failed and lead to a shutdown.

5) Windows doesn't boot the first time round. Images of empty pockets from lappy repairs abound.

6) Windows boots the second time and I relax a bit. Open up internet, look up at the address bar and find a mess of text that can only be a cat plopped on a warm keyboard instead of the web address for the Steam Thread.

7) Mutter "I'm too old for this crap..." and launch antiviral scans to be followed by maintenance to doublecheck.

TL;DR: Cat powers down laptop while I'm in the other room watching the game and nearly gives me a heart attack due to thinking some major component failed.

You better hope your cat didn't buy a bunch of things you then ask for refunds on.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I don't think this is what Madican meant by distracting, @Antoshka
    q12wlp1oupmu.jpg
    Thank you for Reveal the Deep.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Is XCOM 2 the sort of game that really benefits from being on an SSD, or would it be fine on a mechanical drive?

Keeping in mind that my blazing fast SSD is only 240GB and filled with racing sims and my mechanical has plenty of free space but is a 4800RPM power saving drive that reads data at warp slow.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    1) Lappy gets warm.

You better hope your cat didn't buy a bunch of things you then ask for refunds on.

I thought that story was going to end in a gift-a-pult. Wonder what J4 has done to scare me like that. Oh yeah looks at thread.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
This discussion has been closed.