As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[steam] thread: Aliens. Superhereos. Mayo. Games for all!

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    So I'm getting into ETS2, and I realized. I need to learn to drive in europe. I don't know what the signs mean?
    Seeing a post from JaysonFour made my heart warm up by a full 3.6 degrees. <3<3<3

On the other hand, mention of the mighty gift-a-pult sent cold shivers down my spine and brought up half-remembered shadows of dread from days gone by...

Don't worry "Pixelated Pixie" my Super-Secret Secret-Things-Finder-Peoples have located the Secret Location of the gift-a-pult and I am sneaking in to disable it while wearing my Sneakiest-Sneaky-Hat. (Seen in my picture to the left.) I'm going in, wish me luck.

"Oh wow, this thing is impressive. ... Ok, where to start? Hmm, what does this button do?"

*clank ... *tic-tic-tic* ... *creakkkk* ... *CLANG*

"Ok, *phew* I think it's stopped." *Thunk* *Wooooosh*

"Oops."

Hey @destroyah87 Let me have a look at that gift-a-pult. I know a guy who has a degree in mechanical thingamajigs so that's basically the same as me having it, right?

<poke>... <poke poke>

Well that doesn't appear to have done anyth-*Thunk* *Wooooosh*

... damnit.

Huh. Those went really far.

I wonder were those things went. Hey Ed, you checked to make sure no cats put things in the pult before you looked at it right? Cats are sneaky. . .

Worst part in ETS for me was the "Oh, left-hand drive around here... oh, back to right-hand... and back to left" dance.

That and no right on red.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    always check for cats. sometimes they go under your car hood for warmth and what have you

Petesalzl on
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    So I'm getting into ETS2, and I realized. I need to learn to drive in europe. I don't know what the signs mean?
    Seeing a post from JaysonFour made my heart warm up by a full 3.6 degrees. <3<3<3

On the other hand, mention of the mighty gift-a-pult sent cold shivers down my spine and brought up half-remembered shadows of dread from days gone by...

Don't worry "Pixelated Pixie" my Super-Secret Secret-Things-Finder-Peoples have located the Secret Location of the gift-a-pult and I am sneaking in to disable it while wearing my Sneakiest-Sneaky-Hat. (Seen in my picture to the left.) I'm going in, wish me luck.

"Oh wow, this thing is impressive. ... Ok, where to start? Hmm, what does this button do?"

"Oops."

Hey destroyah87 Let me have a look at that gift-a-pult. I know a guy who has a degree in mechanical thingamajigs so that's basically the same as me having it, right?

<poke>... <poke poke>

... damnit.

I wonder were those things went. Hey Ed, you checked to make sure no cats put things in the pult before you looked at it right? Cats are sneaky. . .

There were a whole bunch of cats pushing it around while I was looking at it... it was probably aiming differently than when destroyah tried to do it

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    Took about 29 hours or so but completed the main story, Baba Yaga and 100% collection completion for the game. Didn't fully upgrade all the weapons...Yet but probably. Anyway thoughts
    I enjoyed the hell out of it. I love that they decided in TR2013 to basically make it like a metroidvania-lite. complete with backtracking, gear progression and the like. They kept the same feel with this one as well. Obviously they added to it with new things, and such but I still enjoy that formula when it's well done, and they do that formula well in these 2 games.

Story was..well it was good it happened, I enjoyed it, but I can't say I played This and the last tomb raider for enthralling stories.

I realize this isn't organized in like a structure for reviews and just rambling thought but eh, oh well.

With this game they made improvements on the graphics as well, hair physics beautiful, and one of the first things that struck me was one of the things that struck me early on, and it's such a small detail but I love it, the level of detail they added to snow, how it reacted to your movements and had a slight glimmer and shine very much to how you see a fresh powder in reality was a really nice touch that caught me attention very much and very early on.

Yeah I don't know what it is about games like this, but I picked it up and started playing on the release day, and apart from when I had to go away for awhile Friday-Sunday, was both determined to get through it, but it didn't feel like a chore, I just was having a lot of fun pushing through it at the speed I was going. sooo yeah twas good, hope when they announce and make the third one we won't have to wait for some arbitrary exclusivity bullshit to pass.

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

"Oops."

Hey @destroyah87 Let me have a look at that gift-a-pult. I know a guy who has a degree in mechanical thingamajigs so that's basically the same as me having it, right?

<poke>... <poke poke>

... damnit.

Worst part in ETS for me was the "Oh, left-hand drive around here... oh, back to right-hand... and back to left" dance.

That and no right on red.

I didn't accidently go on the wrong side of the street at all.. nope.. never....
    ok maybe

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    signature.png

Last Call guys, ends tonight!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Wired 360 controllers have this really bad habit of getting a short in the wire, don't they? It always seems to happen to mine, Right near where the wire connects to the controller.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Wired 360 controllers have this really bad habit of getting a short in the wire, don't they? It always seems to happen to mine, Right near where the wire connects to the controller.

Do you do that thing some people do where they wrap the cable around the controller before putting it away, usually starting by cranking the cable as hard as they can?

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Anyone else feeling mildly insulted that Peter Molyneux has the balls to make a Godus spin-off game after how poorly he handled the original crowdfunded Godus?

vamen on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    @Ed Gruberman

Thanks for the key for lethal league! :)

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Anyone else feeling mildly insulted that Peter Molyneux has the balls to make a Godus spin-off game after how poorly he handled the original crowdfunded Godus?

They're giving Godus owners Godus Wars for free (and vice versa), so there's that at least. I'm not confident either game will go anywhere, though.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

As I didn't fund or play any of his last several games I don't feel insulted but would probably be pretty ticked if I hadn't learned my lesson with him by now.

steam_sig.png
    Zxerol wrote: »

They're giving Godus owners Godus Wars for free (and vice versa), so there's that at least. I'm not confident either game will go anywhere, though.

Well that's...something, I guess. I honestly just hope no one supports the game. That guy has blown too much smoke up our bums over the years. Between how Godus was handled plus that kid who won that contest of theirs and they never followed through with their promises...

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Zxerol wrote: »

Well that's...something, I guess. I honestly just hope no one supports the game. That guy has blown too much smoke up our bums over the years. Between how Godus was handled plus that kid who won that contest of theirs and they never followed through with their promises...

Yeah, for sure. I don't how Molyneux think that it's a good idea putting out an early access title that's spun off from another (still!) early access game that got a justified load of bad publicity for how badly he mismanged it, but there you go.

Zxerol on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I make it a point to not give Molyneux another dime for anything prerelease- l haven't bought one of his games since I got the original Fable for the oXbox. It's not that they're bad games, but I just don't think he deserves the business due to his actions.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Do you do that thing some people do where they wrap the cable around the controller before putting it away, usually starting by cranking the cable as hard as they can?

The 'trick', if you're going to do it (don't do it), is to make a small loop where the cable goes into the controller and then start winding it around.

But don't do that. Save the twist ties that come with it and bundle it up the way it came.

• MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I got an email that I had a message and it was @Ed Gruberman sending me a key for Lethal League! Thanks! I'm super excited to try this out, looks like a lot of fun!

And then in doing so I see that we found @JaysonFour and that he came back to post!
    Really sorry to hear about all the rough spots, but I wanted to echo what everyone else has been saying - rooting for ya and hoping things improve and get smoother, Steam thread and games and folks to play them with will be around when you're ready to hop back into the mix.

LEAGUE EDIT: I'll make sure to redeem that code when I get home from work. Might be MIA a few days due to this recent...sinusy coldy whatever fresh stupidity this is making my world foggy, but I'll make sure to at least redeem the key and get it installed for future fun Lethal League madness!

Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • f3rretf3rret Registered User regular

The 'trick', if you're going to do it (don't do it), is to make a small loop where the cable goes into the controller and then start winding it around.

But don't do that. Save the twist ties that come with it and bundle it up the way it came.

What kind of person re-twist-ties the controller cords when they're done playing? I'm lucky if it gets back into the bin at all, usually it's left on the floor with the legos and plastic pretend food.

steam_sig.png
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    I didn't see anyone mention it, but Batman: Arkham Knight is 40% off right now. At less than 25 bucks, I figured it was time to pull the trigger.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »

What kind of person re-twist-ties the controller cords when they're done playing? I'm lucky if it gets back into the bin at all, usually it's left on the floor with the legos and plastic pretend food.

You goddamn fiend.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    If you're not constantly putting it away in a drawer or box, then I suppose it doesn't matter. But if you are, wrapping it around the controller is bad long term.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    I didn't see anyone mention it, but Batman: Arkham Knight is 40% off right now. At less than 25 bucks, I figured it was time to pull the trigger.

I can't say that it's worth $24, but the season pass content is pretty good now that it's all out. Lots of AR challenges and lots of characters to use in the challenges. Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman, Azrael, Harley Quinn, Batgirl and Redhood. Plus the addition story DLC is pretty good (extra in main game side missions and the Batgirl stand alone story)

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular

You goddamn fiend.

In a house with kids, always look before you step, especially when barefoot.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Do note, however, that Azrael is effectively just an outfit for Batman.

camo_sig2.png
    I want a Batgirl game.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    JaysonFour wrote: »

You goddamn fiend.

I have cats. That same rule applies. Albeit for different reasons...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited February 2016
    I want a Batgirl game.

Me too. I looooved the Batgirl DLC. I mean, she played mostly like Batman, but damn if she didn't look awesome doing it.

vamen on
    edited February 2016

You goddamn fiend.

My house became booby trapped the minute we adopted my niece.

We all kind of live in fear of corners and stairs now.

Dr. Chaos on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Also I'm pretty sure Batman was cheaper elsewhere, but the dlc has not been.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I want a Batgirl game.

Me, too. I enjoyed her episode, but a game that was all hers could expand on the hacking and stealth stuff that Batgirl excels at instead of the combat stuff. Maybe something more akin to Dishonored where you've got tons of options and combat is harder.

camo_sig2.png
  • PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    whats a controller cable?

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Petesalzl wrote: »

That thing people use so they don't have to worry about batteries.

Stabbity_Style.png

It's an inhumane device that were once used to shackles men and women to one spot and make them suffer from a lack of mobility. A cruel device I thought had since been banned in civilized nations.

• shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular

You goddamn fiend.

I have cats. That same rule applies. Albeit for different reasons...

Unless you have toddlers, then it's sometimes for the same reasons as cats. (Yuck!)

• baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »

Drats, I assumed that there was a general BatSale going on. Was hoping for Origins on the cheap.

A giant knotted mess next to my PC tower.

Think it's trying to evolve into this:
    gRpypom.png

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

Nope. It hardly ever gets put away.

The short always develops at the area that connects the controller, and always seems to be caused by that bulky thing that hangs of to top of it near where the controller wire joins with the controller itself.

Trying to get used to the Steam Controller, but thus far the right pad just isn't responsive in the way a controller thumbstick is.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur

Nope. It hardly ever gets put away.

The short always develops at the area that connects the controller, and always seems to be caused by that bulky thing that hangs of to top of it near where the controller wire joins with the controller itself.

Trying to get used to the Steam Controller, but thus far the right pad just isn't responsive in the way a controller thumbstick is.

You do know that it's configurable/adjustable, right? You can make it as responsive as you want it to be...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

It's an inhumane device that were once used to shackles men and women to one spot and make them suffer from a lack of mobility. A cruel device I thought had since been banned in civilized nations.

A cable is a fantastic device that saves men and women from the tyranny of signal drops, signal interference, and quells a device's all-consuming hunger for batteries.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.