As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GOTY 2015 - RESULTS!

2»

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Also, this is for fun. Right?

Fun? FUN?

What place does FUN have in gaming, I ask you?

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    How dare you enter this hallowed thread and pollute our loosely defined rankings with entries based on such such a frivolous philosophy! Dare I call you a Silly Goose? I do! Pistols at dawn, sir! :rotate:
    I did the same thing

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Well, firstly, I believe the goal with the nomination list is to include every game, regardless of quality.

And if that person only managed to play 7 games that year, whether due to time or budget of whatever, then their #7 shitty game is probably worth more to them than my #20 shitty game is to me.

Also, a game being "trash" or "fucking terrible" isn't outright enough to get met to want to spite it. A game has to truly offend me to the core for me to effectively want it excised from my list.

Ultimately, looking at the big picture, if a bad game manages to chart significantly high due to enough people listing it as their last game (be it #7 or #20), then I think that game actually deserves to be on the list.

Idk, I listed what, 14 game? I felt every single one was great in some way and deserved recognition.

Putting a game on one's list that you didn't like kinda seems against the point? As their number 7 that they hated then ranks above my number 14 which I thought was worth playing?

And why do bad games deserve to make the list? There's a lot of great games that deserve recognition.

It seems like the current list is skewed towards people who play small amounts of games as their games naturally get higher rankings?

I still like the idea of a score/vote system, unless that wouldn't work.

But...this is all for fun so I'm just spit balling if the hosts decide to make changes. I don't strongly care one way or the other?

And thanks for all the hard work Mr Grinch and Infidel!

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I'm surprised Fallout 4 charted so high, given the overall positive-but-not-universally-beloved status compared to New Vegas, and the head over heels, flip-the-fuck-out love for Undertale and The Witcher 3

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I'm surprised Fallout 4 charted so high, given the overall positive-but-not-universally-beloved status compared to New Vegas, and the head over heels, flip-the-fuck-out love for Undertale and The Witcher 3
    That's how Borda count works. Not everybody played Undertale or The Witcher 3, but everybody played Fallout 4 - and generally rated it pretty highly. So despite nearly twice the number of people putting Undertale and The Witcher 3 first (33/33 v 14), the ~30% of people who didn't have those games on their list at all pushed Fallout 4 to be the consensus choice.

The other voting methods break it down in the spoilers, they do a great job showing the shape of the data.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    In hindsight I guess I could have knocked Broken Age and Grow Home from my list but I am in a weird spot with gaming right now. I started Grow Home and Broken Age because they looked interesting and at first they were. If I had only been interested in finishing the games they would have remained mediocre. After I started them I needed to complete them for my trophy completion count. Which I know is weird for some people but that is how I play. Both of them went from mildly interesting to incredibly annoying and frustrating. So if I had stopped with a basic play through they would have been good enough to recommend to other people. However they are fucking awful if you want the completion/platinum trophy.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I just remembered another game I forgot to nominate (along with Hacknet), Ronin! It's like mark of the ninja and gunpoint had a baby

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Crap, I forgot that one too and I totally love Ronin.

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I demand a recount!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    So little Just Cause 3 love :(
    A December release probably has something to do with it.

I was thinking the same thing for Trails of Cold Steel.

Also sad I missed the window on this. Lifeline would have gotten love from me in the Mobile section.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I am still claiming 'Most anticipated game of 2015' for Chip's Challenge 2.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Ori and the Blind Forest might be my favorite game that I've ever played, for all of time, so I'm glad to see that at least some other people thought it was cool.