As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo Thread: Thank You for Not Panicking

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ah, okay, cool. Thanks for all the answers, folks.

I'm assuming that getting a S-rank support with one character means that they're locked out of S-Rank supports for any others?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Ah, okay, cool. Thanks for all the answers, folks.

I'm assuming that getting a S-rank support with one character means that they're locked out of S-Rank supports for any others?

Correct. Again, exempting family, which often gets a non-romantic S-Rank.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Now the question is... Who does my character marry?

I mean, part of me wants him to marry Lissa, if just so he can be cool rad bros with Chrom.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I would say sully if her interaction with the PC wasn't terrible

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

I mean, part of me wants him to marry Lissa, if just so he can be cool rad bros with Chrom.

My avatar married Maribelle in my first file and L in my second

Both are good choices; Maribelle is pretty funny and the kids are both cool, while marrying L can add some dramatic flair in spots for the story

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

My avatar married Maribelle in my first file and Lucina in my second

Both are good choices; Maribelle is pretty funny and your kids are both cool

0_o

I played that game twice and it literally never even crossed my mind to marry the first generation characters to second gen characters

I never even considered it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular

Lissa's S-rank support convo is really cute so I say go for it.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

0_o

I played that game twice and it literally never even crossed my mind to marry the first generation characters to second gen characters

I'm pretty sure that is the only pairing where it can happen

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I think I want Sully to marry Chrom. I realize the game is trying to set him up with Sumia (at least it seems like it is early on), but, I mean.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I think I want Sully to marry Chrom. I realize the game is trying to set him up with Sumia (at least it seems like it is early on), but, I mean.

The game pushes Sumia hard as the natural choice

But I would work quickly if Chrom and Sully is what you want to happen, time waits for no ship

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular

the majority of the cast will be around by chapter 12 so you might as well wait till then, imo

• Options

My avatar married Maribelle in my first file and Lucina in my second

0_o

The Avatar is the only person who can do that, natch

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I have no advice for Mori because the game does not allow same-sex marriages.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

0_o

Not true.

The PC can marry any of the second gen units.

• Options
    simulacrum wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

0_o

Not true.

The PC can marry any of the second gen units.

Oh really? I guess I never looked cause my avatar got married so early

Neat but also weird

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

Look if it did I would probably just marry Chrom so

• Options
    edited February 2016

Marry Chrom off according to your heart's desire, almost all of his supports (except Sumia) are great

If you leave him without supports for a while, though, you can support him with Olivia

Those two are really, bizarrely cute together

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

There's actually a same sex marriage hack for Awakening that was released last year, but you have to get hombrew software on your 3ds to get it to work.

• Options
    How does Morgan work if you marry a 2nd Gen character, time wise?

My brain

• Options
    edited February 2016

Look if it did I would probably just marry Chrom so

I considered Chrom briefly, but then I realized that, if the game allowed me to, I'd marry Lucina and I was not about to pull a Lorraine McFly

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited February 2016

My brain

Basically the same way John Connor works.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    simulacrum wrote: »

There's actually a same sex marriage hack for Awakening that was released last year, but you have to get hombrew software on your 3ds to get it to work.

I think there's a way to get around most of the homebrew if you also have this one specific game that's really broken or something

it's still pretty incomplete though

• Options
    If you end up playing again, it's fun to play as a girl just to see what it's like to marry Chrom

Just remember throughout that your avatar isn't you and you'll have a more fun time with the relationships in general

Also try to support them wit heveryone, even if they aren't going to marry them; your avatar will be on the field always, and they have the best supports in the game mostly

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

My brain

Do you want my real answer to this question, because it's the kind of thing you'd make fun of me for in the Zelda thread

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Sumia is the one that gets pushed as the love interest, and Olivia is the character that is introduced at the last second that actually marries Chrom.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    of course my avatar isn't me, i would be trying on more clothes than just wearing the outfit i woke up in

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

My brain

Do you want my real answer to this question, because it's the kind of thing you'd make fun of me for in the Zelda thread

Morgan is a crazy replicant from beyond the moon

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    so I started Bayonetta 1 last night

I'm not very good at it, and I kinda fall back on the same combos a lot, but I'm having fun. I really just want to get through it quickly so I can start Bayonetta 2.

I think playing Revengeance a lot was good practice for this, actually, even though I *think* Bayonetta might be a bit more complex. Is that the case? I also got a new weapon that I haven't had a chance to experiment with. That should be fun.

There is a big gap between the normal and easy difficulties (I think those are the names). If you just want to see the story and move on don't feel bad about moving it down a level. The problem is that easy essentially plays the game for you in some ways, or at least it felt that way.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    How does M
    organ work if you marry a 2nd Gen character, time wise
    ?

My brain

Pick Magic as your asset, Strength as your flaw, Marry Ricken and Tharja together, then
    marry Noire and that should give your Morgan a +10 magic modifier.

Radius on
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »

My brain

Pick Magic as your asset, Strength as your flaw, Marry Ricken and Tharja together, then marry Noire and that should give your Morgan a +10 magic modifier.

That

wasn't really my problem with it

• Options

My brain

Pick Magic as your asset, Strength as your flaw, Marry Ricken and Tharja together, then marry Noire and that should give your Morgan a +10 magic modifier.

That

Well you're still marrying that person in the present, and then morgan is just from the same failed future

The trick is that none of the time travel nonsense really holds up and third generation morgan is just the most obvious example

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, I see.

My answer is still magic.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    wizards did it

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I thought conquest was supposed to be like the medieval mongols where they are bloodthirsty but really quite progressive upon closer inspection

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

My brain

That

Keep watching The Terminator over and over until it starts making sense.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Third generation Morgan makes a lot of sense honestly, because she's a psychopath due to her existence breaking the timeline.

Radius on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Or don't marry Ricken to anyone because Ricken is a baby and babies can't get married

See also: Nowi.

(I went Avatar x Chrom because I mean, obviously. It's too bad that's the only real option, because I am curious what female Morgan is like. I guess I was never meant to know!)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Cello wrote: »
    Or don't marry Ricken to anyone because Ricken is a baby and babies can't get married

(I went Avatar x Chrom because I mean, obviously. It's too bad that's the only real option, because I am curious what female Morgan is like. I guess I was never meant to know!)

You know when you think about it thematically, Nowi x Avatar is the only pairing that makes sense.
    Don't date robots dragons

Radius on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    morgan is from a different future than the other kids

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »

I actually hooked up Ricken with Nowi because they're both babies.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.