As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Next Episode: Ask Florida Man] Star Wars - The History of the Jedi...

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    First:
    Minion roll 3eP+2eA+3eB+2eD
    Second:
    Minion roll 3eP+2eA+3eB+3eD
    Creation:
    Minion roll 3eP+2eA+3eB+3eD
    Other First:
    Minion roll 3eP+2eA+3eB+1eD

3eP+2eA+3eB+2eD 7 successes, 1 advantage [3eP=S/S, S, S] [2eA=S/S, -] [3eB=S, -, A/A] [2eD=-, Th]
    3eP+2eA+3eB+3eD 5 successes [3eP=S/S, -, S/S] [2eA=S, S/S] [3eB=-, -, A] [3eD=F/F, Th, -]
    3eP+2eA+3eB+3eD 2 successes, 3 advantage, 2 Triumph [3eP=Tr, S/A, Tr] [2eA=A, A] [3eB=S/A, A, -] [3eD=Th, F/Th, F]
    3eP+2eA+3eB+1eD 3 successes, 3 advantage [3eP=-, A/A, S] [2eA=S, A] [3eB=A, S, -] [1eD=Th]

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Geth roll 2eP+2eD

2eP+2eD 1 success, 2 threat [2eP=S/A, S] [2eD=F/Th, Th/Th]

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    The amulet is filled with Dark Side power, allowing whoever wields it to use the Unleash portion of the Protect/Unleash Force Power - and grants two free Dark Side pips per use.

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    The amulet is filled with Dark Side power, allowing whoever wields it to use the Unleash portion of the Protect/Unleash Force Power - and grants two free Dark Side pips per use.

How evil.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    Geth roll 2eA+2eB+3eD

2eA+2eB+3eD 1 success, 1 advantage [2eA=S, A/A] [2eB=S/A, -] [3eD=F/Th, Th, -]

• Options
    Geth, roll 1d10-4 for (Im)morality

(Im)morality:
    1d10-4 2 [1d10=6]

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    I'm thinking 2 conflict.

Geth roll 1d10-2 for conflict.

Also 15xp gets me to FR4.

conflict:
    1d10-2 3 [1d10=5]

• Options
    Question: Would Dur'rahl been able to know who Kylo Ren was through the Force since he had met Ben Solo before?

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I'm not sure Duxa actually picked up any conflict. She took out a platoon of stormtroopers and some of their associated mechanized cavalry without killing anyone.

Geth roll 1d10 for come on paragon!

Also: It might be a little late in the game for this, but I think Duxa's about ready to branch out again. I'm considering either the Nomad from Seeker to double down on Survival stuff or Enforcer to be all scary and be able to blastswordchuck people without them spontaneously dying. Another option, with her healing outburst, is Doctor. But that's just a little cheesy. Imagine 10 point punches that ignore soak altogether.

come:
    1d10 3 [1d10=3]

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I'm seriously looking at Executioner for Rayner. It's such a good specialization. But it might be time to bite the bullet on Ataru Striker.

Ardent on
  • Options
    Ardent wrote: »
    I'm seriously looking at Executioner for Rayner. It's such a good specialization. But it might be time to bite the bullet on Ataru Striker.

Seeker is just full of amazing specializations.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Also, can I get some damn blastswordchucks already?

• Options
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Also, can I get some damn blastswordchucks already?
    Maybe now, since Rayner is bringing Kik'tl's workshop back. Sans crashing.

How have we not crashed?

• Options
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Ardent wrote: »

Seeker is just full of amazing specializations.
    Yeah, it is. Executioner is so good I wish it'd been Rayner's first progression. Or second, I guess.

But Starfighter Ace will be nice when I finally snag the evasion abilities.

• Options
    'cause Rayner can just fly casual.

Also, what with Sakura on board, I'm assuming our chances of crashing have increased kind of like a lot.

• Options
    Oats wrote: »
    'cause Rayner can just fly casual.

Also, what with Sakura on board, I'm assuming our chances of crashing have increased kind of like a lot.
    Psh. Sakura's like, you know, not totally, maybe, like, absolutely evil.

• Options
    I figure there's like a 50/50 at this point that she's gone grey.

• Options
  • Options
    I'm going to mark four conflict for the emotional turmoil of some Sith jerks blowing up my lifelong home. Was going to be higher but as far as invasions of imperial forces go...we made out pretty well? Team Planetside kept all our folks safe and while we resorted to violence it felt like we did all that was reasonable to avoid it.

Minion roll 1d10-4 for Rumble in the Jungle

Rumble in the Jungle:
    1d10-4 6 [1d10=10]

• Options
    We also didn't kill anyone as far as I can tell.

Unless you count feeding them to the not-Rancors.

Which I don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4efZIHtiQQ

• Options
    Hey folk -

Meant to post this last week, but I've been absorbed with work.

We're at the end of what I had planned for for the campaign - which doesn't mean that the campaign will end, it just means that it's a good time (from my POV) to sit down and figure out what worked, what didn't, and how/if we want to move forward.

So first off: do you guys want to keep playing this campaign? If not, do you want to start another?

There are a couple hiccups I'd like to work out / issue I want to hammer out, and I'd like to revisit the party resource (which may or may not be necessary depending on the direction we go in). But that's at least in part up to you guys, regarding the direction you'd like to take this (or another) game.

I'm not available tomorrow (Wedding Anniversary, Observed (tm)) but could fire up Mumble (or Discord!) tonight if we want to chat in real time. Thread's good too. :)

-Mike/jd

• Options
    First: Sure! I'm definitely enjoying myself with this campaign. I'm not dead set against a different one but this is my favorite part of a group coming together. We have the characters fairly well established and still have some areas of differences between them for tension but most of the group has a strong basis for mutual trust.

This is the end of an arc for Kik'tl, with the past few sessions having them actively step forward to lead and defend the student body which is far away from where they started. While I'm not sure Kik got an answer to the initial "Understand the Force" question it feels like they may have moved past that to the less nebulous "Why are the First Order jerks?" and the related "How do I stop them hurting (my) people?" What they do to stop the FO and just how far they are willing to go to do that are both pretty strong veins of potential drama.

• Options
    I'm loving the group we've got, so I'd love to keep playing with you lot.

This seems like the end of a narrative arc, and I wouldn't be opposed to a change. It also seems like our characters are... kind of incredibly potent.

The only things Ald really is going to invest in from here is A) more force powers and B) probably some fancy armour (hey Kik!).

I'm out of town visiting some hot springs in Banff until Sunday night, but I'll probably be happy with whatever we decide.

• Options
    I've got another game tonight (NBA over Discord if anyone is interested we're still looking for a third just sayin'), but I'll definitely echo the sentiments I'm seeing here. This is a really fun group of characters to play off of each other, with the one current downside of us each turning into a demigod in our collective pantheon. Kik'tl and Duxa just fought off a bunch of tanks on foot, and that was like the third most impressive thing that happened last session.

I'd definitely be interested in changing focus or scope. Duxa really feels like she's turned a corner, though I'm not entirely sure where she goes from here.

Also: blastswordchucks.

• Options
    Yeah, I felt like we reached the end of Season 1, where the game switches gears and we deal with the fallout of the last season. Which, I have to say was an awesome end. We had a massive battle, two dark side users switch sides, and the temple was destroyed. Now, Luke is nowhere to be found, we have a ton of scared students and we are on the run with pirates. And we have yet to discover the secrets of Vader's Helmet.

Dur'rahl now has two voices in head and an ancient ship. Still having seen the fallout of The Bad Thing He Did When Duxa and He Were Investigating

With the Holidays coming up, I would understand if we took a break until next year, although I'll miss having a Podcast on Saturday, but maybe I'll spend the 80 xp I have laying around now.

• Options
    I'm having fun. These characters are interesting and we're really starting to carve them out narratively.

My holidays are Dallas for Thanksgiving and New Hampshire for Christmas, but I should be able to bring along my headset and get access.

• Options
    What time's the NBA game?

9:00 est

• Options
    OK, so it sounds like we're down for moving forward. Next big question is how we want to refocus, and if we want to time skip.

If we pick up where we left off (or shortly thereafter), something along the lines of an insurgency campaign against the First Order might make sense.

If we want to time skip, or if we think the situation warrants it, we could go towards open warfare between the Republic and First Order.

Either way, I'd want to flesh out a few things regarding the character's expected role in either of these situations - or if you don't think the character would want to get involved. I'd also like to dig into if/how you'd like to set a (new?) Academy up, and building out the sort of resources available (allies, students, etc).

Thoughts?

• Options
    Well, in the movies, the Republic didn't fight, it was the Resistance. So I would expect that the news of the Jedi Temple being destroyed by the First Order would be a big political thing, but in the end, since the Jedi weren't Republic or First Order officially, the Republic decides not to interfere, which pisses off Leia. We, on the other hand, are wanted criminals by the First Order, and becomes the poster children that spark the Resistance.

• Options
    Hey folk, real busy with work right now but it's my intent to get us back to the table (with some revisions) for Saturday.

• Options
    What's the plan for chapter 2/act 2?

Setting up a new academy?

• Options
    Traveling (space) road show.

Or I guess that second thing.

• Options
    Rebellion, obviously.

• Options
    Rising Knights Insect Transport and Regime Removal

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Oats wrote: »
    What's the plan for chapter 2/act 2?

Setting up a new academy?
    I'd like to hand you guys the Academy, and make you part of the Resistance. How exactly that second part goes should probably be discussed among the group.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    @jdarksun

A long time ago, you had said something about having a Google Hangouts-related workaround for my Mumble difficulties? Do you remember what that was or know if it would still work?

• Options
    We used to record all the audio as one channel via Google Hangouts; if you're still having trouble with Mumble, we could find another multi-channel method of recording. We don't have the best microphone discipline.

• Options
    So depending on how this goes I think Ald may ride off in to the sunset with Sakura and be a grey jedi? I'm not 100% sure.

He's kind of disillusioned at this point, and also I think it's a decent end to his character arc.

I'm not opposed to making a more mundane face using AoR or EotE mechanics basically is what I'm saying I guess.
    We don't have the best microphone discipline.

*cough* *loud types* *mutes self when meaning to interject*

• Options
    We used to record all the audio as one channel via Google Hangouts; if you're still having trouble with Mumble, we could find another multi-channel method of recording. We don't have the best microphone discipline.

I'd be up to try that, since my only access to Mumble is via phone. Which basically makes me a silent partner unless there is a period of silence dedicated to getting me on mic.

Now that our desktop is well and truly dead, I don't know if I'm going to have ready access to a Mumble-friendly device that isn't my phone anytime soon. I can keep using that, obviously. The results will just be what we've had for the last few sessions.