As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo 2 :LoD Issues

Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I just got this game, bit late, I know, but I got it to play with a certain friend. She and I are behind routers and such and of course there's hilarity everywhere in this. So we try and play over battlenet

So far this has happened, she can host her own game, but when I join it, she gets timed out and is kicked from it.

I can host a game, but so far, she can't join it. (she tries but I receive the message that she's timed out.) I have yet to convince another person to even try to join my games.

I can join other's games, and she can't join others. (Apparently.)

What can I do to fix this? ;-;

Dee Kae on

• Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So wait, are you both running off of the same CD key or something? I'm guessing not, seeing as you can both actually login to battle.net?

I remember playing the game back in the day (yes, you are about 5 years late :| ). I played with a friend at his house, over his router, and we had no problems as long as we had separate CD keys.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So wait, are you both running off of the same CD key or something? I'm guessing not, seeing as you can both actually login to battle.net?

I remember playing the game back in the day (yes, you are about 5 years late :| ). I played with a friend at his house, over his router, and we had no problems as long as we had separate CD keys.
    She's in two states above me, we have legit copies, and both run off different routers. ;3

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh. ok...

Sorry, I don't think I can help too much... you're both running legit copies from different locations, I'm not sure how exactly the routers may be affecting your connections... seems fine to me. Although, I've played with some friends behind routers, and I think I've heard of some problems relating to them... can't really remember.

Is there some FAQ or help documentation you can look up on the battlenet forums or something?

Sorry can't help much more than that :|

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh. ok...

Sorry, I don't think I can help too much... you're both running legit copies from different locations, I'm not sure how exactly the routers may be affecting your connections... seems fine to me. Although, I've played with some friends behind routers, and I think I've heard of some problems relating to them... can't really remember.

Is there some FAQ or help documentation you can look up on the battlenet forums or something?

Sorry can't help much more than that :|

Ah well, thanks though, maybe someone else knows.

I just tried to host my own game on it, and people were able to join, so this is clearly a problem with her router, I guess.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Did you go through the troubleshooting at the bliz support site?

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt000p

E.Coyote on
  • Options
    GageGage Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You could try forwarding the ports on each of your routers. Here is a pretty good site detailing this process.. you just have to pick your router model and the game.

Gage on