As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [nfl] Was Who We Thought They Were

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    speaking of running backs there is supposed video of mccoy throwing a punch then getting pushed away, which if that is the extent of it isn't good by any means but it's not nearly as bad as it could be

TMZ put it out yesterday,it's kinda tough to make out but it definitely looks like he was swinging.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I love that Lynch's wikipedia page uses his name and Beastmode completely interchangeably.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    AP will get in

I'm actually doubtful. His reputation is tarnished to a lot of people.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Yeah, I should specify that I'd be a bit piss d if AP got in as a child abuse advocate, but he and Beast Mode are then only ones who have any shot from the current era.

So I guess maybe no RBs for a while...

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    Yeah, I should specify that I'd be a bit piss d if AP got in as a child abuse advocate, but he and Beast Mode are then only ones who have any shot from the current era.

So I guess maybe no RBs for a while...

Gore is a long shot, but based on longevity could figure in, Arian Foster and Jammal Charles also could if a later career Super Bowl some how came into the equation.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    But wait... Frank Gore is a HOFer?

That dude is the definition of boring.

He's still playing and people have forgotten about him.

Ask me to make a list of the guys who were top ten in rushing for the last 10 years and I probably forget about Gore everytime.

He's been consistently good but boring consistency does not make you a HOFer

See that the thing though...that ten year list, he is on it.....every single year but two, one marred by injury and last year. That is crazy long term production for the position by a guy who started his career with two bad knees,

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I feel like it's impossible to stump for Gore, because I'm completely biased.

That said I think he gets in for sure. Not first ballot or anything though.

• Options
    Hall of Fames are utterly stupid, not exactly news sure, but no matter what criteria you use someone's going to get mad. If you go straight numbers then someone's going to say "long term good performance, not exciting, no dope moments, never the best in class" but if you go with the most memorable/exciting/destructive players then you get all of the "totals not high enough, peers surpassed him by x on x occasions." Elect everyone, celebrate all accomplishment.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Did McCoy know they were an off-duty cop? I'm wondering if he's fucking stupid or just plain stupid.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Butters wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    Let's debate
    Beast mode... Hall of Famer?

Discuss

He had some incredible seasons and has a ring.

I don't see why not eventually.

So did Tiki Barber, Jamal Lewis, Corey Dillon, and Ricky Watters. All of those guys have similar career numbers, and none of them are ever getting in.

Hell, Edgerrin James was a legit HoF'er and he's still not in for whatever reason. The Hall of Fame is dumb.

Tiki Barber does not have a Ring. The Giants won the year after he first retired.

I agree the Hall of Fame is dumb but I feel Lynch's numbers don't tell the full story of how important he was to the Seahawks success. So much of Russell Wilson's shenanigans were made possible by Lynch being a combination power runner and homerun threat on a level that very few backs have ever been.

So put him in whatever Seattle calls their ring of honor.

Angry on
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I feel like it's impossible to stump for Gore, because I'm completely biased.

That said I think he gets in for sure. Not first ballot or anything though.

If Frank plays one more year and puts up 1000 yards, or close to(entirely possible if he plays again and Luck manages to stay healthy) he will likely be in the #8 spot all time behind Eric Dickerson. He's #15 right now and the only guys ahead of him are guys that are or definitely will be(LT and Edge) in the Hall of Fame.

So yeah, he has the career numbers.

He also has the fact that he played on some terrible teams in which he basically WAS the offense. Opposing D's stacked 8 in the box all game long and he still managed 12,000 yards, 70TDs and a 4.5 YPC, as well as being one of the better receiving RBs in the NFL(a fact that Jim Harbaugh forgot, since the 49ers hardly had any plays where the RB was a primary or secondary target during his years). On top of being 15th in career rushing yards, he's 18th all time in Yards from Scrimmage(rushing+receiving yards), and the majority of the guys in front of him are or will be in the HoF one day.

Do I think he's a sure fire HoFer? No. But I think he definitely deserves consideration, even if he retires this off-season.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    AP will get in

I'm actually doubtful. His reputation is tarnished to a lot of people.

Marvin Harrison probably killed a person

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jon Beason is retiring.

Dude would have been a hall of Famer if he could have ever stayed healthy.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Edit: Nvm

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Somebody on my Facebook posted up a picture of the Peyton and Papa John hug/cheek kiss and one of my friends posted a uh...well just read.
    Steve wrote:
    "I'm gonna drink a lot of Budweiser tonight." Peyton says before he catches sight of the all consuming and soulless eyes of "Papa" John Schnatter in the crowd. Normally bleak, unfeeling orbs, the beast's eyes are currently smoldering with unfathomable rage. A cold, haunting dread fills Peyton as he recalls the screams, the blood, and the cheese. He begins to sweat nervously as he quickly adds "and of course I'll be enjoying delicious, fresh, and unbeatably priced Papa John's Pizza with the family." while he performs profone arcane gestures of protection out of sight of the camera. Papa nods slowly before vanishing from sight, but Peyton knows he will return. He knows.

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Reading through the other links on there... man, the post-game presser setup thing now makes all the whining about Cam's abrupt exit seem even dumber.

I'd have walked out too if the opposing team's players were right on the other side of a fabric curtain answering their own questions. That's pretty shitty of the NFL, seems unprofessional, and would be annoying as fuck.

Also, 1) jeeeez, Demarcus Ware is a beast and 2) holy fuck that playing field was an embarrassment and a half, and whoever was in charge of it (what'd they do, hire the guy(s) in charge of FedEx Field?) should be fired out of a cannon into the sun:

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    The Bears are not resigning Matt Forte.

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    The Bears are not resigning Matt Forte.

He wont stay unemployed long...there is a little tread left there.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Aaron Rodgers continues to troll Russel Wilson.

• Options
    I want to be Marshawn Lynch's friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9511-R4fE-0

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Jared Allen is retiring after 12 seasons. Just got the alert on my phone

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    Aaron Rodgers continues to troll Russel Wilson.

Looking forward to him thanking Jay cutler for ruining Farve Night

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

Now just get the Panthers to offer Von Miller a contract...

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Tox wrote: »

Only way Denver is not keeping Von Miller is if they forget to send a fax.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Jared Allen ended up #9 on the all time sack list.

Pretty decent for a fourth round pick.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

Only way Denver is not keeping Von Miller is if they forget to send a fax.

Maybe their lawyers will be too hung over from all that delicious Budweiser they drank the night before.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Jared Allen is one of my favorite players

I'm so glad he stopped getting those DUI's

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • Options
    Heath Miller is retiring

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    That is the hottest take

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, no football next year. Everyone has retired.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    let me guess: heath miller is white

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    let me guess: heath miller is white

The word grit has never been used to describe a black person.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    randy gregory suspended for 4 weeks for substance violation

keep up the good work cowboys

Jars on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The Rams cut Chris Long, Jake Laurinitis, and Jared Cook, saving $23 million in cap room.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Gotta make room for Peyton!
    Please retire, Peyton.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
This discussion has been closed.