As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [nfl] Was Who We Thought They Were

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Does Tunsil have a domestic issue also?

From what I've read it was with the stepdad.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I swear to god if this is a QB the giants better stop sucking

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Why Browns?

Their roster is utterly devoid of playmakers on either side of the ball. Their hands down best player is an offensive tackle they drafted 9 years ago. It's a pity Joe Thomas is a likely hall of famer and will probably never play a post season game but this level of asset collection is something the Browns should have done years ago.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Ugh why did the Bills have to take a good player?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Mario Williams replacement

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I like that pick for Buffalo.

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    I may be biased, but I really like the Will Fuller pick by the Texans. Deep threat, and is a great complement to Hopkins. Brock Osweiler is probably pretty happy.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Karl Joseph, eh? I think I'm alright with that pick. Our secondary does need some help. Certainly an interesting pick.

Looks like a good pick. Offense seems sorted out. Just need to get some more guys on defense and 8-8 might become a reality.

I think the Raiders are a 9-7 or even a 10-6 team this year. I've got playoffs in my dreams.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Ugh, that's a good pick for Washington.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Still a lot of good DT left.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Doctson's good, but the Slurs D is so bad... Surprised they didn't go that way.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Of course Bridgewater didn't have a long yard per play/pass! His receiving corps was rookie Diggs and a whole bunch of hot garbage.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Karl Joseph, eh? I think I'm alright with that pick. Our secondary does need some help. Certainly an interesting pick.

Looks like a good pick. Offense seems sorted out. Just need to get some more guys on defense and 8-8 might become a reality.

I think the Raiders are a 9-7 or even a 10-6 team this year. I've got playoffs in my dreams.

If Carr progresses I think they will be right in the mix.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Blargh, Seahawks trade out of the first. 4 years no 1st pick.

Edit: never mind, they still get 31.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Woo! Now we have three third round picks!

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    Angry wrote: »
    The NHL will be the first pro league in vegas. The arena is built already.

2 billionaires putting in less than half of a 1.4b stadium is not a sweetheart deal for anyone living in Vegas.

Using public funds to pay for insanely rich people's stadiums where they reap all of the profit is always 100% of the time a horrible deal for the city, county, state, whatever.

mark davis isn't a billionaire. the only way he could afford to build a stadium for the team is if he sold the team

Yeah, this is why I don't get people rolling their eyes at Davis. He's willing to pay as much as he can without actually having to get rid of the team, and he was willing to pay the same amount in Oakland. All he asked for in Oakland was them to pay the rest, and the city told him they wouldn't if the Athletics didn't get to share the stadium.

I think the league will support the deal if it ends up coming to a vote. NHL is taking too long to decide on what team goes there, and if they get a chance to break into the market first I believe they'll take it. The fact they haven't shot the idea down at all over the months Mark has publicly talked about this is telling.

What don't you get? Using public funds to build sports arenas is a scam.

I don't give a fuck what he's offering to pay.

Oh that poor Mark Davis, he only has hundreds of millions of dollars.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

2 billionaires putting in less than half of a 1.4b stadium is not a sweetheart deal for anyone living in Vegas.

Using public funds to pay for insanely rich people's stadiums where they reap all of the profit is always 100% of the time a horrible deal for the city, county, state, whatever.

mark davis isn't a billionaire. the only way he could afford to build a stadium for the team is if he sold the team

Yeah, this is why I don't get people rolling their eyes at Davis. He's willing to pay as much as he can without actually having to get rid of the team, and he was willing to pay the same amount in Oakland. All he asked for in Oakland was them to pay the rest, and the city told him they wouldn't if the Athletics didn't get to share the stadium.

I think the league will support the deal if it ends up coming to a vote. NHL is taking too long to decide on what team goes there, and if they get a chance to break into the market first I believe they'll take it. The fact they haven't shot the idea down at all over the months Mark has publicly talked about this is telling.

After the BS that went down in St. Louis no city should agree to publicly fund a stadium.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    For the record, Mark Davis's estimated net worth is ....500 mill.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Dammit KC I stayed up for you to trade out of the 1st round? Son of a bitch.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Alright 49ers fucked up

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Dogbone33 wrote: »

They got a hell of a haul for that pick though. They must be convinced whoever they want will still be there tomorrow.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

If Carr progresses I think they will be right in the mix.

I think he will, too. I like Carr a lot, the kid's got a ton of ability and a good head on his shoulders. Plus, COOOOOOOP

Edit: also, $200 million of the $500 that Mark Davis is putting up for the stadium is an NFL loan, so the dude is willing to put a like three fifths of his personal wealth on the line.

At this point I think he should just take Oakland's deal and share a stadium with the A's (and not just because I also love the A's). The city gets to save money by building a single stadium, the Raiders can stay where they belong.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Gettleman loves his defensive lineman. More depth is ok by me.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    The Raiders current problem is not their roster. Its their top to bottom mediocre coaching staff.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    I guess Myles Jack's knee is in real bad shape. Seahawks took an OL to try to keep Russell Wilson alive this year to close the 1st round. Hooray!

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    I like Ifedi, and I like the extra third rounder. Good night for the Seahawks.

• Options
    Cabezone wrote: »
    The Raiders current problem is not their roster. Its their top to bottom mediocre coaching staff.

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but I like Ken Norton Jr. and Rod Woodson. Jack del Rio isn't the new John Madden by any means but I think he's, you know, fine.

Like you said, mediocre, and given the team's coaching struggles in the past, I'll take a consistent mediocre coach over a new, terrible one every year.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I like that pick for the Cardinals.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    hopefully the Broncos let Sanchez placehold for Lynch for at least a season

a starting rookie QB should be insanity

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Supposedly the 49ers traded up before the Seahawks actually picked....and then we traded it away and they lost out on Paxton Lynch. I really, really hope that's true because it's fucking hilarious.

Also: If Lynch can't beat out Sanchez in training camp we absolutely ripped you off taking that third rounder. That's a bad, bad, bad, sign.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

Seriously. He can turn and sell the team for a cool billion plus any time he wants. He could also seek partners invest in a stadium with him like Art Modell did.

Him not being rich enough to build a stadium is nobody's problem but his own.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Seriously. He can turn and sell the team for a cool billion plus any time he wants. He could also seek partners invest in a stadium with him like Art Modell did.

Him not being rich enough to build a stadium is nobody's problem but his own.

Especially in Las Vegas. All they do there is have billionaires build gaudy new buildings to put their names on, at an almost constant pace.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    Supposedly the 49ers traded up before the Seahawks actually picked....and then we traded it away and they lost out on Paxton Lynch. I really, really hope that's true because it's fucking hilarious.

Also: If Lynch can't beat out Sanchez in training camp we absolutely ripped you off taking that third rounder. That's a bad, bad, bad, sign.

none of that happened...

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular

They got a hell of a haul for that pick though. They must be convinced whoever they want will still be there tomorrow.
    It was a really good trade.

I think I'm hoping for Mackensie Alexander from Clemson.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Very pleased with Seattle's first round. Would have been nice to get Kelly or one of the DTs they wanted, but a good OL in the range they wanted plus an extra 3rd, which is PCJS's wheelhouse with drafting, and I'm pumped. 5 more picks in the top 100 is some good times.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Six wrote: »
    Very pleased with Seattle's first round. Would have been nice to get Kelly or one of the DTs they wanted, but a good OL in the range they wanted plus an extra 3rd, which is PCJS's wheelhouse with drafting, and I'm pumped. 5 more picks in the top 100 is some good times.
    They were never taking Kelly. They've got a very specific physical profile and he doesn't fit the requirements. They wouldn't have taken him in the second round.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I'm hyped for GBs pick. Looks like they went dependable over flashy.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Gotta do something while you're waiting for the JB concert.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man he looks terrible. I mean I know these photos aren't exactly glamour shots, but he looks thinner and more gaunt.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.