As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lunch [chat]

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    wait, better

Vin playing D&D with the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy

Vin Diesel, The Rock, Chris Pratt and Robert Downey Jr.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Crazy ex girlfriend gets better and better

Rebecca Bloom winning that golden globe or Emmy or whatever has let the show free itself to be completely insane and wonderful

The ghost of Steve jobs just appeared in a song where all the people she just met are in an 80s metal band about texting the wrong person embarrassing shit

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Narwhal pizza.

*ponders*

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I'm rewatching a bunch of old Last Week Tonight clips, and I just got to the one about Starbucks and the Race Together thing.

If I'd been working for Starbucks when that happened, I would have given some very very serious thought to quitting.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I bet Dave Chappelle would be awesome in any RPG. I find the best thing about his comedy is how he is able to give a distinct, recognizable voice to so many different characters. He could pull off a one-man radio show and you'd never get confused as to how is saying what.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »
    I quite liked that Vin Diesel movie where he's an immortal witch hunter.

aka Let's Play Vin Diesel's D&D Campaign

I would pay money to watch Vin Diesel play D&D with some of the cast of The Fast and Furious franchise

imagine Vin sitting at a table with Michelle Rodriguez, The Rock, Ludacris, and Tyrese

rollin' chrome nitrous-dice

I think the nerdist or something has a vid up of him playing with some other people, none of them movie celebs tho

I still want a new D&D movie.

It has two parts.

Vin Diesel DMing a game at his table with his bros.

The other part is the world they are playing in brought to life with action scenes and stuff.

We could bring in Will Wheaton and a few others. It would be kind of awesome.

I dunno if it would work as a movie but I love how Knights of the Dinner table is just photocopied (in the older issues literally!) drawings of normal people sitting around a table. But after you've been reading it a bit the (mis)adventures of their games really take on a kind of life.

would be interesting to do that movie but without the 2nd half. See how far you could push a narrative that literally is just people sitting around a table talking.

They did a Knights of the Dinner Table Live action. It was a spectacular trainwreck. But yeah, there are a number of movies that are basically people sitting around talking.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Guys I just worked it and jerked it (in the gym) can I go buy an ice cream sandwich

My one true love ....... I love it more than booze or my cats.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    QWHNedE.png
    Alt Text wrote:
    We need to stop enabling Saturn, you guys.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Narwhal pizza.

*ponders*

I have heard we are delicious.

• Options
    Saturn is a hoarder? It's so obvious now

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Narwhal pizza.

*ponders*

I have heard we are delicious.

"heard"

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I think I burned too many bridges or something. I feel thoroughly defeated by life right now.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with that statement from a Rousey.

I can imagine my sister wanting to say something along those lines as people have told her , "why are you not married yet? You are almost 30..."

yeah, I mean I think it's legit to not like that it's shitting on one type of 'femininity' I guess, or type of person, to build herself and her decisions up

but I also agree with her decisions and it would be great if women were not afraid to appear masculine or any of the other things that society has made a minefield of wrt female appearance and what's acceptable for standards of beauty etc

basically I think at the end of the day her attitude on it does more good than harm

I'd go so far as to say she's clearly right. I'd argue that absent physical defect or disease, or exceptional circumstance, it's not okay to not be at least somewhat fit. It's not a big deal, but people aren't entitled to feel superior about minor vices, rather they should feel very slightly ashamed.

As to trans athletes, I'm not sure there is a solid, well supported empirical understanding, and frankly, the most minute of tiny percentage of people who want to compete in professional athletics isn't a big deal either way.

• Options
    Haha sanders 83-16 among voters under 30

• Options
    @Jacobkosh

Jesus, the Sentinel expansion kickstarter is up to $371,000 in one day.

• Options
    I should go waste money on expensive food and pills.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Hm

So the Field Roast brand puts out vegan substitutes for animal products

Usually I spurn these because vegan food can be tasty on its own

But their sausages are legit really good! Sometimes I'd prefer them to a real sausage, because they're lighter and healthier.

They also make a vegan "cheese". I just tried it, and it's weird--but it's better than real mild cheddar, I think.

I really think vegan food has gotten to the point where it's delicious but the real downside is just that it's much more expensive than animal products.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

And video games.

Don't skimp on the video games.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    shut up neco

Neco on
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hm

But their sausages are legit really good! Sometimes I'd prefer them to a real sausage, because they're lighter and healthier.

They also make a vegan "cheese". I just tried it, and it's weird--but it's better than real mild cheddar, I think.

I really think vegan food has gotten to the point where it's delicious but the real downside is just that it's much more expensive than animal products.

I make a pretty good icecream substitute out of frozen bananas.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    derp

Neco on
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »

Ice cream cookie sandwiches

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Or rather, frozen bananas make a pretty good icecream substitute.

It doesn't take enough work for me to really take credit for that.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Hm

I've mentioned it before, but there is a raw vegan restaurant I go to on occasion and it is just delicious. I kinda want to go right now.

• Options
    Frozen bananas? Turn yourself in for reprocessing.

• Options
    @jacobkosh, @Elldren

So 7th Sea launched it's second edition kickstarter. And it's raised over $260,000. Which between it and Sentinels means over $600,000 was raised between the two games today.

• Options
    Are bananas still vegan?

I haven't really been keeping up with that scene.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Isn't current stance on Saturns rings that they are relatively recent (100M years?) and result of some hot moon on moon action?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    The other thing is that these vegan sausages are very simple. They use some kind of wheat paste to achieve the right texture, and then the rest is onions and garlic and spices.

You cook it like a regular sausage, and it's great.

A lot of vegan substitute recipes seem to use weird shit that could be ethically problematic because it's so industrialized anyway, and at that point, why bother?

• Options
    Only uncooked rice is vegan.

• Options
    Other weird food facts: vanilla ice cream with a nice balsamic vinegar on top? FUCKING AMAZING

i really didn't believe my buddy when he told me this but it is 100% true

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    >:[ I've got the Spring fever

And it isn't even Spring.

Just looking at pretty ladies, that burning desire to jump into the dating/smooches game.

I need a job, need to lose a little more weight, get fit, and then I'll be like a tactical nuke. Of loooooovvve

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    I prefer chocolate ice cream with white vinegar.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

I-I dunno, Rick, it sounds pretty neat to me!

• Options
    This movie looks amazing plus naked Tom Huddleston is ripped

http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/watch-high-rise-trailer-starring-tom-hiddleston.html

He doesn't eat ice cream.... Frown

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    jacobkosh, Elldren

So 7th Sea launched it's second edition kickstarter. And it's raised over $260,000. Which between it and Sentinels means over $600,000 was raised between the two games today.

Only played in a short campaign, and then again later in a one-shot, but 7th Sea struck me as a really awesome game.

• Options

Don't knock it till you try it.

Take some over ripe bananas, peel them, cut them into decent size chunks, and freeze them.

Blend it into a fine paste of even consistency with some stuff. Vanilla, peanut butter etc are all good.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options

Just looking at pretty ladies, that burning desire to jump into the dating/smooches game.

I need a job, need to lose a little more weight, get fit, and then I'll be like a tactical nuke. Of loooooovvve

having a job is way more important than losing weight, I think. if you're funny and nice and don't sexually harass them, you will find a lady who will smooch you

since you awesome a lot of my posts you definitely have a good sense of humour, so

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Isn't current stance on Saturns rings that they are relatively recent (100M years?) and result of some hot moon on moon action?

that was the thinking until very recently. Data from Cassini is indicating they have been around for as long as the planet.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

Noooooooooo! We've lost another one

This discussion has been closed.