As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]Funky Cold Medina

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I liked The Grinder alright, but every episode was super super same-y

Like, the jokes were fine but even for a Network comedy they didn't really try to break out of a formula at all and it got stale

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Like, the jokes were fine but even for a Network comedy they didn't really try to break out of a formula at all and it got stale

Did you watch the second half of the season?

I thought the format changes were pretty notable.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The Grinder was great but I had enough of it.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Did you watch the second half of the season?

I thought the format changes were pretty notable.
    I did not because the 7 or 8 episodes I watched were all samey

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The second half of the season was completely different

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It was but I still got bored with it. I'd actually rather watch the show within the show.

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    Man, I liked a lot of these shows. I'll miss Galavant most of all but The Muppets was getting back on track and Grandfathered was sweet and it had Paget Brewster, who's amazing in everything.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    dang, ABC's also canceled Castle, apparently

they're really clearing house

Continuing that show the way they'd planned to would have been insane

I kind of wanted them to just to see what they would even attempt to do.

The show had already long gone past the point of ending gracefully, so might as well pump that accelerator and see what happens when you try and jump the cliff.
    The answer is a spectacular fireball of wreckage, which would at least be more entertaining than the show has generally been lately.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Nooooooooooooooooooo Galavant you will be sorely missed.

Alas Tad Cooper, we hardly knew ye.

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    That is six different shows that I watched that have been canceled for next season. :(

Gotta get that Nielsen box, broh.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Aw nuts. The Grinder was the best new comedy of the year.

What a shame.

• Options
    Aw nuts. The Grinder was the best new comedy of the year.

What a shame.

No, that's Life in Pieces

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    You both misspelled Crazy Ex Girlfriend.

Which supergirl better not fuck up with her stupid super bullshit!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    What if the CW just compromised and showed My Super Ex-Girlfriend every week?

That would make everyone happy, right?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    why would Supergirl have anything to do with that show

The CW is capable of having multiple women-led shows

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Money time slots. Crazy Ex didn't have the best ratings, and if the W picks up a show that's costs more than they might dump their lesser performing show for it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I just saw Castle got cancelled and my first thought was oh my god theyre still making castle

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Didn't Crazy Ex-Girlfriend just win an Emmy or two?

I sincerely doubt it gets cancelled, especially because of Supergirl

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't be suprised if there is some schedule shuffling around, but I don't think anything will be cancelled. Alternately, Supergirl S2 might be a short-season show like The 100.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Hasn't Crazy Ex-Girlfriend already been renewed?

Yup
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/03/11/the-flash-the-100-and-even-crazy-ex-girlfriend-renewed-all-11-cw-series-picked-up-for-2016-17/
    All 11 shows that have aired this season will be back in 2016-17. That includes no-brainers like “The Flash” (the network’s highest-rated show) and “Arrow,” mid-pack series like “The Vampire Diaries” and “iZombie” and even “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,” which netted star Rachel Bloom a Golden Globe in January but is the network’s lowest-rated series.

Details of episode orders and when they’ll air — by simple math, 11 hour-long shows can’t fit into a 10-hour weekly schedule next fall — will be determined later.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    yay izombie season 3

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The CW doesn't cancel shows, even when it really should

• Options
    They need to wrap up The 100.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    The 100 really does seem like it's just limping along at this point

• Options
    The 100 was never going to be a show that could sustain a large number of seasons. It burns through plot (and characters) too fast, and...well, this season has been really bad about having characters do ridiculous things because the plot demands that they do so

It's a goddamned mess, right now, and I no longer have any faith that anyone involved in the show understands what, exactly, they've done wrong

• Options
    Anyways, congrats to Supernatural on its 900th season

• Options
    The 100 was never going to be a show that could sustain a large number of seasons. It burns through plot (and characters) too fast, and...well, this season has been really bad about having characters do ridiculous things because the plot demands that they do so

It's a goddamned mess, right now, and I no longer have any faith that anyone involved in the show understands what, exactly, they've done wrong

That reminds me of the flash this year.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

The show will never die.

Or actually, it will die then be resurrected, then die, then torture people in purgatory, then be resurrected without a soul, then get a soul, then die then be resurrected again.

• Options

The show will never die.

Or actually, it will die then be resurrected, then die, then torture people in purgatory, then be resurrected without a soul, then get a soul, then die then be resurrected again.

this is a solid goof steve

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

The Flash is in a genre that lends itself to retooling and making course corrections and...going forever.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

The Flash is in a genre that lends itself to retooling and making course corrections and...going forever.

I dunno the flash writers seem to have one storyline they want to tell, no matter how repetitious it may be.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Fox renewed Sleepy Hollow, because of their "loyal fans," which, you know, I'm pretty sure they've pissed off 90% of those so I'm not sure who they think is going to stick around.

• Options
    I'm not going to be watching it.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I'm not going to be watching it.

I already stopped midway through season 2. I honestly can't believe they renewed it. It feels like they renewed it just to piss off Nicole Beharie.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm dropping Sleepy Hollow, and I never drop shows. I'm still watching Supernatural, even! (This season has been surprisingly good.)

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Beginning of season 6 Buffy
    God damn these episodes piss me off so fucking much.

You fuckers bring Buffy back on your own initiative from being dead for five months and you have her out looking for jobs within a god damn week? And you get upset at her that she's not succeeding and is being emotionally distant - again after she was dead for five months?

Xander's being a pissy little asshole with a litany of ridiculous complaints, Anya's become an even more of a money asshole with her "dance of capitalist superiority" after a day of what seems like everyone working there for the day for free.

Willow and Tara seem like they're decent, until you remember that they just tell Buffy she's broke and expect the audience to forget that they're living in Buffy's house with no offer of helping her financial state, no mention of paying rent, utilities, anything.
    And Willow does nothing but brag about how powerful she was to bring buffy back, and is pissy that Buffy didn't immediately process everything and thank her.

It's like, jesus christ it's a good thing for them that Buffy's enemies are literal demons, their comparative bad-ness is keeping her from realizing what monumental cockmongers her 'friends' are.

The only saving grace is Giles and Spike. Dude's are being true bros.

I needed to get that out.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Season six of Buffy has Some Issues. A lot of that season is no bueno

But there IS Once More with Feeling and Tabula Rasa, so it's not a total wash

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Beginning of season 6 Buffy
    God damn these episodes piss me off so fucking much.

You fuckers bring Buffy back on your own initiative from being dead for five months and you have her out looking for jobs within a god damn week? And you get upset at her that she's not succeeding and is being emotionally distant - again after she was dead for five months?

Xander's being a pissy little asshole with a litany of ridiculous complaints, Anya's become an even more of a money asshole with her "dance of capitalist superiority" after a day of what seems like everyone working there for the day for free.

Willow and Tara seem like they're decent, until you remember that they just tell Buffy she's broke and expect the audience to forget that they're living in Buffy's house with no offer of helping her financial state, no mention of paying rent, utilities, anything.
    And Willow does nothing but brag about how powerful she was to bring buffy back, and is pissy that Buffy didn't immediately process everything and thank her.

It's like, jesus christ it's a good thing for them that Buffy's enemies are literal demons, their comparative bad-ness is keeping her from realizing what monumental cockmongers her 'friends' are.

The only saving grace is Giles and Spike. Dude's are being true bros.

I needed to get that out.

I despise the UPN Seasons of Buffy so much.
    Especially when people try to use that tired "Life was the Big Bad" excuse for Season 6 to justify how everyone was acting like an asshole, completely ignoring how the early seasons of the show would constantly use the "this monster is a metaphor/allegory/parallel for this life problem" trope and Season 6 basically just made the monsters be secondary to all the humans acting like jerks (and about the only time they do remember the metaphor thing is with magic=crack, except they handle it so poorly and are so in your face about it that it's hard to even consider it a metaphor).

I've ranted a bunch about those seasons on these forums in the past (including a long one about Willow & Tara not paying rent), so I'll try not to repeat it again here.

Spike & Giles unfortunately don't escape quite as neatly either, though they do better than the rest of the cast (until near the end of the season for Spike).

The problem with Giles is how poorly they handled his first departure, though that's tied into how awfully the writers handled Buffy's resurrection. You have to remember that Willow kept Giles in the dark about the resurrection plotline, but that Giles apparently decides that it's okay for Dawn's legal guardian to be a stupid robot (which is obviously not a long-term solution) and that he shouldn't tell the Watcher Council that the Slayer has died, and that he should just abandon everyone left behind who are still on an active Hellmouth. Yeah, he's sad that Buffy died, but this just really doesn't make sense for him. It would have been far better to just have the Watcher Council find out that Buffy died and forcefully relocate Giles since you needed to write him out. But they couldn't, because the writers decide to go with the completely idiotic notion of nobody knowing that Buffy died (despite having a clearly marked gravestone) so that she could just easily step back into her life when she came back.

Then his second departure is bad because while it makes some amount of sense that he wants Buffy to be able to stand on her own two feet, you also have to remember that it's his fucking job to support her. Yeah, he's not supposed to get emotionally attached like he did, but that doesn't mean he gets to just abandon her when he is supposed to be supporting her since being the Chosen One is kind of already a hard enough lot in life.

And if he is leaving, the Watcher's Council should have either sent her another Watcher or just given her Giles' salary and said she's watching herself. You could have still done the financial difficulties plot if you wanted (as the Watcher's Council would probably only pay her to live a small modest life, and so if she wanted to keep that massive suburban house she would need additional income and it's not like anybody could ever believe she was paying for that house--and all it's repairs and utilities--solely on a fast food salary anyways).

Grrr...Season 6 & 7 are so bad! It's speaks a lot that some of the only good episodes are the ones where everyone is forced to sing and dance, and the one where everyone loses their memories so they're not being quite as awful people as they normally are for that season.

Lars on
  • Options
    what did sleepy hollow do to make people mad

This discussion has been closed.