As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]Funky Cold Medina

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    I really like Buffy, even the later seasons, despite their problems, but I have a serious complaint about the beginning of season 6:
    They just let Buffybot die and never even mention it again after that! She tried her best, and everyone just acted like she never even existed after they get Buffy back. She deserved better.
    And to think
    Buffybot was originally planned to be Britney Spears.
    Actually, they wanted Britney Spears to play the first robot that Warren built (the one that was supposed to be Warren's girlfriend and Buffy sits with her on the swings as her batteries die.

I didn't know about that! That's weird.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't know that I agree vaccinations should be mandatory
    Ideally we'd have better education on science and medical issues and then everyone could voluntarily get them because they know that they should

If it wasn't for herd immunity, I'd be fairly reluctant to have vaccination be mandatory too. Even if it's for a kid's safety, it's still, you know. The government saying it can jab whatever needles into your arm it wants. Considering past track records... risky.

But with herd immunity, it means that some asshole in Nebraska deciding he doesn't want a shot can lead to a new variant of a virus that can fuck everyone over. The old saying applies. "Your right to swing your arms ends just where the other man's nose begins."

With vaccination, that's pretty much anyone skipping their stabbing.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Help im laughing at 2 broke girls

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Right.

Do you want fire, or a bullet?

That's the only help I can offer at this point.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Your new uniform will be delivered shortly
    m1cy_4dU0YsUAXRgy3seVww.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Ideally we'd have better education on science and medical issues and then everyone could voluntarily get them because they know that they should

If it wasn't for herd immunity, I'd be fairly reluctant to have vaccination be mandatory too. Even if it's for a kid's safety, it's still, you know. The government saying it can jab whatever needles into your arm it wants. Considering past track records... risky.

But with herd immunity, it means that some asshole in Nebraska deciding he doesn't want a shot can lead to a new variant of a virus that can fuck everyone over. The old saying applies. "Your right to swing your arms ends just where the other man's nose begins."

With vaccination, that's pretty much anyone skipping their stabbing.

I don't think that's... quite what herd immunity means

• Options
    DedmanWalkinDedmanWalkin Registered User regular

No, mandatory is the only way to protect people who cannot be vaccinated due to medical issues like compromised immune systems. You are infringing on their rights if you don't get a vaccine.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well that and relying on others to do the right thing. That's the thing about anti vaxxers they assume they're precious children are protected by everyone else not being an asshole. Its only when they congregate together that suddenly they learn their stance is harmful and stupid.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    You would have thought some of them would have clued in when they turned all of Disney into Measlesland

Edit: Measlesland still more fun than the its a small world ride

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Really fun episode of Archer this week

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well that and relying on others to do the right thing. That's the thing about anti vaxxers they assume they're precious children are protected by everyone else not being an asshole. Its only when they congregate together that suddenly they learn their stance is harmful and stupid.

More commonly, they assume their children are safe because they have no idea how dangerous the diseases are that we're trying to vaccinate children against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Holy shot Major! Stop this! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

(I'm like 3 episodes into season 2 of izombie)

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

there is no help for scum like you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »

Major doesn't have a lot of outs.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

Drugs are never an out! Major Lillywhite has the coolest name ever and hes smart and handsome and a badass. I need him to get better because hes the best

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Drugs are never an out! Major Lillywhite has the coolest name ever and hes smart and handsome and a badass. I need him to get better because hes the best

That passes quickly

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

Right.

Do you want fire, or a bullet?

That's the only help I can offer at this point.

Why compromise?

1024px-Raufoss_NM140_MP_%28en%29.svg.png

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The sad thing was that was the tres chic IED for sometime in Iraq
    Or at least the guts of it were

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    What are some of the most out of place one-off guest appearances you folks can think of on shows

I was just reminded of Danny Trejo briefly showing up on Breaking Bad and man, there's something they never ever did again

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Robin Williams and Billy Crystal in Friends.

They're only in one scene, they barely interact with the main cast, and it's completely unconnected to the entire episode.

I think it only happened because they happened to be in the building when that episode was filming, and so they were asked if they wanted to do a quick scene and they improv'd the whole sequence.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    What are some of the most out of place one-off guest appearances you folks can think of on shows

I was just reminded of Danny Trejo briefly showing up on Breaking Bad and man, there's something they never ever did again

Hillary Clinton on Broad City

Brittany Spears on HIMYM

Fred Arisen on basically anything

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Michelle Obama was on NCIS a few weeks ago. It was for advocating a veteran organization though.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Prince on The New Girl.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Michael Jackson on the Simpsons

All of Frasier's callers

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

All of Frasier's callers

Both of those are great!

• Options
    Well great, now I'm gonna have "Lisa, It's Your Birthday" stuck in my head for at least a week

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    yeah maybe they're not "out of place" exactly

but they are pretty crazy

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    A couple of the St. Elsewhere dudes on Cheers.

Tonal whiplash like woah.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Out of place cameos, this might not mean much to a non Brit but we had a weird BBC sketch show in the late nineties called the Fast Show, and for their last ever episode they got Jonny Depp to join in a sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv9BKilYk9Q

...it was maybe more impressive at the time

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I assumed people muted that show and felt bad about thinking Kat Denning is atttractive because sbe was the kid in 40 year old virgin
    Sorce wrote: »
    A couple of the St. Elsewhere dudes on Cheers.

Tonal whiplash like woah.

That crossover destroyed tv.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMf24rEsMOs
    Mike Schur, co-creator of Parks & Recreation and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, has a new NBC show

It stars Kristen Bell and Ted Danson

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    jesus christ, this week's episode of the last man on earth destroyed me

like, i know it's early, but i don't think there will be a better episode of television this year

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Mike Schur, co-creator of Parks & Recreation and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, has a new NBC show

100% in for this

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Let me tell you about a show called The Nanny (off the top of my head, Donald Trump).

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

All of Frasier's callers

Both of those are great!

Seriously the Michael Jackson episode of the Simpsons is one the the best guest appearances of television.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

I super dig this premise and trailer

Also USA Today's little entertainment header today says NBC BRINGS DRAMA THIS FALL with the image from that thumbnail

Did

Did they watch the trailer or read the press release

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I super dig this premise and trailer

Also USA Today's little entertainment header today says NBC BRINGS DRAMA THIS FALL with the image from that thumbnail

Did

Did they watch the trailer or read the press release

Even NBC can't touch Doug Forcett's 92% correctness.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Half-way through the current season finale of Once Upon a Time
    What do you do when you've stripmined virtually every Disney story in the catalog?

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, broheim. One of whom is played by Sam Witwer, in a hilarious bit of (reverse?) typecasting. Also of course there's multiple volumes of The Book, with such random pages featuring Paul Bunyan, Captain Nemo, and Don Quixote!

I can't wait to find out who's somehow related to the protagonists.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I'll watch it, but I'm just kinda worried that it'll burn out it's premise after the first season.

It might be a great season, and I hope that is it. But I'm just not sure about what they'll continue to do.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I'll watch it, but I'm just kinda worried that it'll burn out it's premise after the first season.

It might be a great season, and I hope that is it. But I'm just not sure about what they'll continue to do.
    Season 2: She goes to The Bad Place

Turns out that was just some guy watching a horror movie and it is actually just kind of annoying in every way

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.