As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TV]Funky Cold Medina

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/4glJzvUunOE

this looks kind of promising

it has Lem from Better Off Ted!

SorceA Dabble Of Thelonius
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

6F32U1X.png
    SorceMuddy WaterNeoTomaBucketman
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wait was that Christopher Lloyd in the pilot for a Time Travel show? Okay.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So long as it is set in the 1980's and Perfect Tommy is in it and shirtless for most of the time.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Rush Hour has already been cancelled

NeoToma

I don't think I can disagree with this

There is nothing on Noah's Daily Show that isn't being done better by John Oliver or Samantha Bee or continued by Colbert

6F32U1X.png
    WeedLordVegetaZonugal
    edited May 2016
    Rush Hour has already been cancelled

Mercy killing.

Also that article was terrible, because it was an article about an article on Salon. And blaming Trump on Noah is ridiculous, he was on the rise when Stewart was still host.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I don't watch The Daily Show so the writer might have a point. But I think the article is a bit hyperbolic. And it calls South Park good.*
    edit-*too be fair, they don't call it 'good' they call it 'important'. Which is a nice ambiguous word. Trump being the GOP candidate is important, WW2 was important, 9/11 was important. I think it shows that the writer is really reaching for complaints about TDS.

Gvzbgul on
    Preacher
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    From what I've seen, I think Daily Show is still better than Nightly Show, so that's something. But I don't know, I never liked Larry Wilmore.

GvzbgulameybesBucketmanTox
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, and they talk up the Nightly Show, so they're some kind of alien.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the daily show does not have grace parra or mike yard so it can never be as good as the nightly show

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Trevor Noah seems to have no insight into American affairs other than to shrug and go "what wackos, huh???"

6F32U1X.png
    WeedLordVegetaRorshach KringleBlankZoefrandelgearslipZonugalTox
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Kat Dennings was my favorite part of the Thor movies.

scherbchenStraightziNeoTomaBucketmanDevlin_Dragonus
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Oh yeah, and they talk up the Nightly Show, so they're some kind of alien.

Also if only Stewart was still here than we wouldn't have Trump. Really?

honovere on
    GvzbgultynicBucketman
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

She is, by far, my least favorite part of those movies

She is a black hole of charisma and comedy

Rorshach KringleGustavTurambar
    It's so weird how there are fads of TV shows even though I know TV shows take a long time to develop. This year we have 11.22.63, Timeless, Time After Time, and Making History, all about the consequences of random people traveling to the past. Well Time After Time is about HG Wells traveling to the past, but still.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Dem titties though

WeedLordVegetatynicMaximumYaYaJoolanderZonugalMuddy WaterNeoTomaTox
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Dem titties though

Tiny liberal birds?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

webguy20Joolander
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

Lol Mjolnir is hard to say.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Bedlam
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

IT ISN'T

AND MEW MEW ISN'T EVEN A FUNNY REPLACEMENT WORD

GustavRorshach KringleTurambarZonugal
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    kat dennings is who you call when emma stone was too busy and you really wanted ellen page

she's a less funny joe estevez

6vjsgrerts6r.png

EtchwartsZonugal
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    CBS has now announced the fate of every one of their shows except 48 hours, 60 Minutes, and Limitless.

Starting to drive me nuts :V

Devlin_Dragonus
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMf24rEsMOs
    Mike Schur, co-creator of Parks & Recreation and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, has a new NBC show

It stars Kristen Bell and Ted Danson

I'm all in on this one, motherforkers

Most of it was pretty fun, fun enough to check out, but that last joke was A+++

WeedLordVegeta
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Elrich's constant coughing at the end of the newest Silicon Valley made me laugh so much my cheeks hurt

I love this show so much

4SMZq.jpg
    No Great NameRorshach KringleameybesBlake TMuddy WaterDeliciousTacos
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Noah has had more minorities on the show in his time then Stewart had in years, and picked up repeated stories regarding female pay gaps, most notably in sports.
    Those articles read like "this isn't the same show anymore and I don't like it"
    Additionally, trump is like Beetlejuice, the more you mention him the stronger he gets. Rather than Noah making him stronger EVERY other network had done that because of course you did you mighty duck fucks!

ameybesnicopernicusToxhonovere
    Eh blaming network tv for trump is equally as dumb. Trump is a news story he was the front runner and is now the nominee. No one blamed the media for Romney.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    nightmarenny
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

IT ISN'T

AND MEW MEW ISN'T EVEN A FUNNY REPLACEMENT WORD

Kindly disagree. I thought it was very funny.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
    webguy20SorceBillyIdleA Dabble Of TheloniusHermanoBloodsheedChallBucketmanhonovere
    Although honestly, I was pretty tired of Jon Stewart and Colbert by the end of their runs, the format meant they were basically telling the same jokes over and over.

ameybes
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    The saddest thing, and something that Stewart had to have noticed by the end of his tenure, was that in the end he accomplished nothing he had hoped to. He held the mirror up to the politics and media of our time and they not only were fine with the crazypants reflection they saw, but they decided that that reflection needed to be even more bonkers. He made them look into the abyss and the abyss looked back at him instead of them. Sanity was not restored, ethics were not observed, this only got worse no matter how many times the Internet said he "destroyed/annihilated/decimated/crushed/eviscerated" a target.

Jon Stewart learned he was Sisyphus. He could never roll clip 212 up that hill enough to force a difference to be made. His tragedy is ours.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    GvzbgulJayKaosZonugalJragghenTox
    Yeah my biggest issue with the Daily Show was that it started to swing into well here's what dumb thing Fox and CNN said last night and not much else. Which I completely understand why, but it burned me out.

So far I appreciate the hell out of what Jon Oliver is doing though. Seems much more proactive really.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    honovereDevlin_Dragonus
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I think John Oliver is doing Jon Stewart's bit better than he did, plus his show doesn't have any ding dang goddamn celebrity interviews, gag me with a spoon with that stuff

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    GustavameybesBloodsheedJragghenMuddy WaterBrainleechBucketmanWiseManTobesToxhonovereDeliciousTacos
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah my biggest issue with the Daily Show was that it started to swing into well here's what dumb thing Fox and CNN said last night and not much else. Which I completely understand why, but it burned me out.

So far I appreciate the hell out of what Jon Oliver is doing though. Seems much more proactive really.
    I think being on HBO helps him a lot in that regard

Comedy Central relied on the Daily Show a lot and wanted the biggest headlines they could get out of it so a lot of the time it meant going back to the same, reliable well

Oliver has a lot less pressure from HBO so he can focus on less headline grabbing shit most of the time

Which is why I am very excited for Stewart's HBO thing to start up

CYpGAPn.png
    jkylefultonnicopernicusWeedLordVegetaZonugal
    Oh for sure. Also having a week over a single day can allow a little more in-depth of a look as well.

But still it pretty much left me cold. I dunno that I had watched the Daily Show for at least a year or two by the time it ended.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    https://youtu.be/Lzqktk32qD0

Its kind of funny because his son is a god damn clone I was kind of surprised to see this is the OG wayans.

Otherwise. WHY??!?!?!?!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm just happy to see Kristen Bell outside of the black hole that is House of Lies (Pies) and those commercials with her husband

Jesus, House of Lies is still going?

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm just happy to see Kristen Bell outside of the black hole that is House of Lies (Pies) and those commercials with her husband

Jesus, House of Lies is still going?

yeah, house of pies is still on

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Oh for sure. Also having a week over a single day can allow a little more in-depth of a look as well.

But still it pretty much left me cold. I dunno that I had watched the Daily Show for at least a year or two by the time it ended.

Yeah I think it's unfair to say, the celebrity interviews are terrible. Unfortunately they are part of late night routines because it's hard working making content every single day. They are there to make content rather than to be insightful unfortunately.

The other thing is, we have already agreed that blaming him for Donald Trump, but it kinda makes sense that he doesn't go after him as much. John Stewart said the biggest deciding factor in his retirement was that he didn't want to do another election cycle. It looks like Trevor has listened to him and isn't that interested in covering it in that great of detail. Which makes sense.

Blake T on
This discussion has been closed.