As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Deadpool] Clawing his way back to relevancy

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    emnmnme wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/9/18078952/once-upon-a-deadpool-2-pg-13-charity

So it looks like PG-13 Deadpool is actually a thing and they are totally going with a Princess Bride framing device complete with Fred Savage

Nice to see that a bit of the ticket sales are going to charity. I might see this just to see how they cut it.

All of the guns are changed into walkie-talkies. Walkie-talkies that fire bullets.

Hollow-bullet
    Somebody finally put the Gambit movie out of its misery.

If Disney is smart they'll resurrect that Doom project for the MCU.

Doom doesn't need a solo project, he should be a villain in one of the solo films who graduates to an Avengers film.

I'm just worried he'll come across like Thanos where he gets made a chump in every appearence because he's the villain.

I assume you mean comics with Deadpool, cause Thanos sure as hell wasn't a chump in Infinity War.

Was referring more to his actions prior to Infinity War doing a poor job of setting him up as the defacto MCU villain

That said, Infinity War is half of a story. He'll get chumped next time.

I don’t know where that “hollow bullet” came from. Must be an old draft.

Anyhow, it all depends on how the story ends. If Thanos goes out like Ronan in Guardians, where he’s distracted by a dance off then obliterated by a raccoon and his friends, sure, Thanos will be a chump.

But if it’s like Hella, where the heroes have to sacrifice quite a bit to win, not so much.

I'd say the way Hela gets taken out getting qualifies as being chumped. It was a very unceremonious and one-sided end.

She was an unstoppable killing machine and lost, primarily because it was basically her destiny and it cost the people of Asgard nearly everything.

Marathon on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

So it looks like PG-13 Deadpool is actually a thing and they are totally going with a Princess Bride framing device complete with Fred Savage

Nice to see that a bit of the ticket sales are going to charity. I might see this just to see how they cut it.

All of the guns are changed into walkie-talkies. Walkie-talkies that fire bullets.

Hollow-bullet

Doom doesn't need a solo project, he should be a villain in one of the solo films who graduates to an Avengers film.

I'm just worried he'll come across like Thanos where he gets made a chump in every appearence because he's the villain.

I assume you mean comics with Deadpool, cause Thanos sure as hell wasn't a chump in Infinity War.

Was referring more to his actions prior to Infinity War doing a poor job of setting him up as the defacto MCU villain

Anyhow, it all depends on how the story ends. If Thanos goes out like Ronan in Guardians, where he’s distracted by a dance off then obliterated by a raccoon and his friends, sure, Thanos will be a chump.

But if it’s like Hella, where the heroes have to sacrifice quite a bit to win, not so much.

I'd say the way Hela gets taken out getting qualifies as being chumped. It was a very unceremonious and one-sided end.

She was an unstoppable killing machine and lost, primarily because it was basically her destiny and it cost the people of Asgard nearly everything.

I mean, sure. She was fated to go out like a chump, and she goes out like a chump.
    She feebly and ineffectually throws some spikes at Surter who proceeds to absolutely wreck her shit in a single attack.

An attack from a being that Hulk had, just moments prior, been comedically slapping around and had to be told to stop.

Like, intentionally, her death completely and confidentlu deflates the entire badass aura she had been building through the film.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

Hollow-bullet

I'm still not sure that Hela is dead personally.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I’m gonna need an example of a non-chump then, cause anyone can be a chump if your word it wrong.

Darth Vader was a chump cause he was killed by a feeble old man and died unceremoniously at the foot of a ramp.

The Terminator was a chump cause it died on its belly, crushed by a crippled civilian whom could barely crawl at the time.

The Predator had a rock drop on him.

Ect

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Yeah, every villain could go out “like a chump” if the definition is so broad.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

Hollow-bullet

Yeah, I'm thinking she bailed out super hard to return later.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options

Hollow-bullet

There's that flash of green light and it wouldn't have been done unintentionally. I think she beamed herself back to the underworld or something

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Yeah, every villain could go out “like a chump” if the definition is so broad.

Predator isn’t a chump because of the log.

Predator is a chump because he’s a sore loser.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

Hollow-bullet

There's that flash of green light and it wouldn't have been done unintentionally. I think she beamed herself back to the underworld or something

I'm semi confident she could show up again as a skeleton with Cate Blanchett's voice.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I’m gonna need an example of a non-chump then, cause anyone can be a chump if your word it wrong.

Darth Vader was a chump cause he was killed by a feeble old man and died unceremoniously at the foot of a ramp.

The Terminator was a chump cause it died on its belly, crushed by a crippled civilian whom could barely crawl at the time.

Ect

Vader has a redemption arc, so he's outside of the bounds of chumpdom. (Especially since he died because he was finally able let go of the dark power that had been sustaining him) Emperor Palpatine on the other hand.. Totally got chumped.

Terminator totally gets chumped. Sarah Conner even has a one-liner to take him out with.

Also, neither of those movies were comedies.
    Maybe this is just me, but I felt like Hela getting smote totally came across as a comedic beat. She spends the entire movie absolutely crushing everyone, even a lightninged up Thor, but then she fights Surtur and plllbbbttt.

Haven't seen Predator in a long ass time, so I can't comment on that one. IIRC, doesn't he activate his self destruct AND fail to take out Arnold with it? That seems pretty chumpy to me.

Though if it seems I label most villains as getting chumped, it's because most villains do get chumped. That's kind of their purpose, especially in MCU films, which is why I want a Doom solo movie where he can be the protagonist and have a less likely chance of getting chumped constantly.

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    The word has lost all meaning

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    JonBob wrote: »
    The word has lost all meaning

Did you not hear about the word?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I mean, sure. She was fated to go out like a chump, and she goes out like a chump.

Hey!
    like a chump.

Hey!
    like a chump.

Hey!
    like a chump.

Hey!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

Hey!
    like a chump.

Hey!
    like a chump.

Hey!
    like a chump.

Hey!

Why'd you do that to us Heffling?

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    see317 wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »

Hey!
    like a chump.

Hey!
    like a chump.

Hey!
    like a chump.

Hey!

Why'd you do that to us Heffling?

Duh. He did it for the nookie.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular

Ect

Darth Vader is a chump though. The prequel trilogy ruined him as a "badass" for me.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

Ect

It was a big rock.

...wait shit this is the Deadpool thread, not DC

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    I get it!

I get that reference.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I figured I'd ask here, any interest in a Detective Pikachu thread? I just got back and kinda wanna talk about it

Fuck it:
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/226078/detective-pikachu-weaponized-nostalgia#latest

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Surprising probably no one, Ryan confirmed he's working on Deadpool 3 with Marvel/Disney on Christmas eve

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Surprising probably no one, Ryan confirmed he's working on Deadpool 3 with Marvel/Disney on Christmas eve

Thread title misleading. I want my money back.

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »

I mean they might skip straight to 4, you don't know!

• Options

They’d probably name it something trolly, like De4dpool 3: Once Bitten, Twice Shy

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

They’d probably name it something trolly, like De4dpool 3: Once Bitten, Twice Shy

I remember that like days before the sequel's release IMDB still had it listed as "The Unnamed Deadpool Sequel" and I was crossing my fingers hoping that's what they actually ended up calling it.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

Reminds me of the mooted sequel to Spaceballs... the movie itself suggested it would be Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money, but apparently Rick Moranis had suggested to Mel Brooks that it be Spaceballs 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    The third Deadpool movie actually being Deadpool 4 because of time travel hijinx is actually something I would really love to see. As in the whole movie acts like there was a Deadpool 3 and is repeatedly referencing or jumping back in time to fix things from the third movie, but they never actually make Deadpool 3 and skip right to 4.

• Options
    dylmandylman Registered User regular
    Bear in mind that The Madness of King George was originally titled The Madness of George III, but renamed to prevent people assuming they'd missed the first two films.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    dylman wrote: »
    Bear in mind that The Madness of King George was originally titled The Madness of George III, but renamed to prevent people assuming they'd missed the first two films.

I still haven't seen the first nine Malcom movies.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Some of the first dozen Apollo movies were really good but it definitely hit its stride at 13.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I saw Slaughterhouse Five and man, it wasn't anything like the first four.

• Options
    Wait, there have been 1983 Wonder Woman movies and I've only seen one of them?

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

This joke is bad unlike all the others

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Right? I can find the first and the last Bladerunner movies, but I've never been to find the 2047 movies that go in between.

• Options
    I too have been curious how the Prawns handled their adversity in Districts 1-8.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    How about Friday the 13th? Where's the other..... damnit there probably is 12 or 13 movies by now

• Options
    Now I wanna see The First, Second, Third and Fourth Element.

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Where are the other 358 Xboxes.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    Star Wars Episode IV? What happened to the other... oh.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, and while we're at it, where is Green Lantern 2??

Local H Jay on