As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Deadpool] Clawing his way back to relevancy

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Whelp, that was an "who is chopping onion/it got dusty in here all of a sudden" ambush I didn't see coming from this thread.

A very fitting tribute.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    That was extremely well said of Ryan.

My respect for him couldn't be any higher.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I had never fucked with iTunes before because it's iTunes but finding out the movies on it have the extra features broke me because bleh, physical disks.

I highly recommend watching the making of videos, not because they're mind blowing, but because everyone just looks so legitimately happy to be there and it's just great seeing a cast and crew that's just so visibly into what they're doing.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I saw this for the first time tonight and really enjoyed it. I had forgotten that Morena Baccarin is in it. She still looks amazing.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Goddamn straight. That's a face I'd be happy to sit on.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I saw this for the first time tonight and really enjoyed it. I had forgotten that Morena Baccarin is in it. She still looks amazing.

I think she was the only reason I watched Homeland as long as I did. Man, that show is depressing.

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Finally saw this, as I wasn't able to catch it in theatres. Pure genius. Right from the opening credits it was a hit. "Written by: The real heroes here" was possibly my favourite part of the whole movie, and that is not a knock.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Nice, my Deadpool steelbook from Best Buy is out for delivery already... Gonna get the movie a day early :D

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Wackily enough Deadpool doesn't even open there until June 1. This sucker just keeps on making money.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular

I think she was the only reason I watched Homeland as long as I did. Man, that show is depressing.

Most of the stuff I've seen her in, her character was either pretty serious (Firefly), or actively being miserable and getting crapped on (Homeland).

It's nice to see a movie where everyone seemed to be having fun.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

How much would it cost to hire that truck to follow Zack Snyder around?

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Wackily enough Deadpool doesn't even open there until June 1. This sucker just keeps on making money.

I don't see it making that much here. Maybe another $5 mil or so.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Saw this and just knew I needed to share with ya all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qIRtFE6aIc

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Turboboner is a great band name

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Turboboner is a great band name

Also a great name for a car. Or a french entree. Maybe an appetizer at one of Fieri's restaurants.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »

Most of the stuff I've seen her in, her character was either pretty serious (Firefly), or actively being miserable and getting crapped on (Homeland).

She was good in the final seasons of Stargate SG-1 as well.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »

She was good in the final seasons of Stargate SG-1 as well.

No one brought up "V"? I guess no one really did watch that.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    She had short hair in that show, ew yucky that's why people forget.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »

That's a joke, right? Cause she looked good with short hair.
    Granted, she looked good with long hair. And medium length hair.
    Fine, she looks damn good regardless.

Even the whole razor sharp monster teeth thing. Thought it would be, but it turns out it's not a deal breaker.
    p11rwnb7w309.jpg
    Still looking for the DVD.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

I don't know, I found her hot as hell with the short spiky look in Sister Margaret's when she about ripped Fat Gandalf balls off.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    I had no clue what I - I mean Wade saw in her until her hair got long.

• Options
    Saw this and just knew I needed to share with ya all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qIRtFE6aIc

...Ryan Reynolds just can't stop being Deadpool everywhere.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Ryan's on a...vacation.

• Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    Went into Best Buy today to get the Uncharted collection (it's only $20 there) and came out with the steel book Blu Ray of this. And Pikmin 3 and Yoshi's New World. I regret nothing.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    People have built larger empires over stupider shit.

If Reynolds manages to enjoy doing the next film or twelve over however many years, and make a swimming pool of money doing it, I say go for it.

Also I would love for him to have a background cameo in the Infinity Saga, even if it had to be a 'blink and you'll miss it' moment.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    I would be down for him to walk through, just as Ryan Reynolds and not as Deadpool, and wink at the camera. Similar to how they got away with Bob in Deadpool.

• Options
    I swear he was in the background of one scene in civil war, in Lagos, blurred out as the camera focuses on Wanda at the cafe

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    He can be Deadpool anywhere he wants to be, I'll give him money.

He can be Deadpool in an X-men movie. Or in a MCU movie. Or a DC movie (they really could use him to lighten that place up). Or in the new Star Trek tv show. Or in my bed. Doesn't matter, I'll give him money. Especially if he's in my bed.

• Options
    Oh right, the Blu-ray commercial. It's great.

https://youtu.be/isZYRbKP8uU

• Options
    Oh right, the Blu-ray commercial. It's great.

I think I've seen more ads for the blu-ray release than I did for the actual movie.

• Options
    I picked it up digitally as soon as it went up and have watched it twice. No ragrets.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I've died multiple times in the DZ while playing the Division because I was watching it instead of paying attention

also no regrets

• Options
    I think Ryan Reynolds is in serious danger of having the Deadpool costume permanently fuse to his body at this point, but the world will be better for it. (the part I skipped is just the Japanese X:Men Apocalypse trailer)

https://youtu.be/k52z71ty28E?t=2m30s

• Options
    So on top of EVERYTHING ELSE, Ryan Reynolds felt so strongly that Deadpool's writers (who worked on the damn thing for six years) be present on set for every day of filming that he paid them out of his own pocket when Fox wouldn't.

....I may have teared up a little. And bought 47 advance tickets to Deadpool 2.

• Options
    Deadpool's up for a Clio award (essentially the Oscars of the ad world) for putting Ryan Reynolds in character every goddamn place. To mark the occasion, they did exactly what you'd expect.

(Some recycled jokes and clips a-plenty, but there's some new funny and an overview of just how utterly insane and widespread the campaign was)

https://youtu.be/Ty1HEph5YPU

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Deadpool's up for a Clio award (essentially the Oscars of the ad world) for putting Ryan Reynolds in character every goddamn place. To mark the occasion, they did exactly what you'd expect.

(Some recycled jokes and clips a-plenty, but there's some new funny and an overview of just how utterly insane and widespread the campaign was)

https://youtu.be/Ty1HEph5YPU

That reminds me, I should touch myself tonight.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Link to the video, since Fox pulled the YouTube one for reasons.

http://clios.com/keyart/winner/14229

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
  • Options
    That's a real shame.

I was thinking about who could step in and film it who has a nice style (Matthew Vaughn was first up but he's doing Kingsman 2), but if Reynolds has that level of control on the film they aren't going to really stand out.