As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    ...is that a single player thing? I'm still on the last world, savoring it.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    That is a slick looking jacket.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »

I suspect it has to do with spinoff media or something. It's not a character or anything in the game. There are two outfits relevant to the final world, but there's zero chance they become available to players.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    TDawg wrote: »

I suspect it has to do with spinoff media or something. It's not a character or anything in the game. There are two outfits relevant to the final world, but there's zero chance they become available to players.

Hrrrm? The only thing the article says about availability is there are no plans for it outside Japan right now. Which, well, at least i'll have a slick jacket.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Ugh I am so under leveled. I need to start finding a group to play with.

That jacket is boss though. I needs it

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/932805606662070272

There's new hairstyles and gear dropping soon. A short video should be up around 9am EST

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/932805606662070272

There's new hairstyles and gear dropping soon. A short video should be up around 9am EST

I was just wondering about this today. I love the hair options, but I always want more! I am a greedy, greedy man.

I beat Single Player last night and it was super rad. This game does everything else so well, it feels like it shouldn't be allowed to have such a fun, interesting, charming single player mode. It's unfair to other games.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1gyg1HjPOY

https://splatoon.nintendo.com/news-video/major-updates-are-incoming/
    Additional content for Splatoon 2 for Nintendo Switch continues to roll out with two free software updates. The first free update arrives Nov. 23 and adds a new stage for Salmon Run, new gear, new hairstyles for Inklings, as well as many other features. Here's a look at some of them.

Four New Battle Stages: While four new battle stages are coming to Splatoon 2, they won't all be available immediately after downloading the update. The first new battle stage, MakoMart, will be available to play on Nov. 24. The new MakoMart stage is a giant superstore-style stage, so what better place to play on Black Friday! Shellendorf Institute, Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall roll out over the subsequent weeks. Shellendorf Institute is new to the series, while Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall are popular stages returning from the original Splatoon game.

New Salmon Run Stage: Fan-favorite multiplayer mode Salmon Run is getting a new stage. After downloading the update, Salmonid Smokeyard will be added to the rotation. In Salmonid Smokeyard, a wide gap on the beach divides two upper platforms, with fan lifts being the quickest way to traverse the two platforms. Teamwork is required to use the fan lifts effectively.

New Gear: Approximately 140 pieces of gear are being added to Splatoon 2, including new shoes, headgear, and clothes. Items include a motocross mask, additional winter gear (just in time for the cold weather), and returning items from the original Splatoon game.

New Battle Music: Two new bands have been gaining popularity in Inkopolis! The punk-flavored Bottom Feeders and classically-trained avante garde-style Ink Theory are contributing new songs to the already music-rich game.

New Hairstyle: When customizing an Inkling, four new hairstyles will be available to choose from—two each for female and male characters.

Higher Level Caps: Currently, players are maxed out at Level 50. After downloading the update, the new maximum level will be raised to 99. If you talk to Judd when you reach Level 99, you'll have the option to reset and have your level display as Level ★1 so you can continue raising your level.

New amiibo Functionality: Tapping a compatible amiibo figure after the update will let players take and share in-game photos in preset locations in Battle Stages, in addition to being able to take photos in Inkopolis Square. Players can also add fun filters to their images.

Convenient Gear Swapping: Players that want to change gear between battles in Regular Battle, Ranked Battle and Splatfest Battle (Solo) won't have to exit to the lobby anymore! After downloading the update, gear can be swapped out without leaving the match room, making it quicker to get back to splatting. For Regular Battle, this also means you can play the next battle with the same players.

A second free update, arriving mid-December, includes a new game mode: Clam Blitz! In Clam Blitz, competing Inklings are tasked with collecting clams scattered around the stage. After one is picked up, the clam follows the player. The objective is to throw the clam into the basket near the opponent's base. The first team to score 100 points wins! But, of course, this being the fiercely competitive world of Splatoon 2, things are not as easy as they seem. The baskets are protected by a barrier, which much be destroyed first. After collecting 10 clams, the player will earn a Power Clam. These super-powered clams are the key to breaking the barrier, so strategy will definitely be involved in which clams are used to destroy the barrier and which are used to earn points. Not to mention the extra-satisfying opportunity to steal opponents' clams by splatting them.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Wow now those are some nice updates and changes

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Gear swapping is huge, new mode sounds fun, and all the new stuff to buy, finally!

edzepp on
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Walleye Warehouse back yes that map is burned into my mind.

• Options
    Pretty much everything I wanted from the update. I don't see myself dropping the game anytime soon.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Pretty much everything I wanted from the update. I don't see myself dropping the game anytime soon.

I said to myself that I would put the game away once I reach max level, but then they go and raise the level cap. And allow you to reset/prestige leveling...

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I said to myself that I would put the game away once I reach max level, but then they go and raise the level cap. And allow you to reset/prestige leveling...

Now if they could do double xp weekends Id be set

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    So Gear usually means clothes in this game, but there's no reason they wouldn't also let you switch weapons, right. It's the same menu.

• Options
    Pretty sure gear includes weapons as well.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh man, the the ghillie-suit from the gear design challenge that's coming in the update looks ace.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh man, the the ghillie-suit from the gear design challenge that's coming in the update looks ace.

I might drop the school girl amiibo look for that

• Options
    Geeze, the game that keeps on giving. i really should finally beat single player this weekend.

Question: the...i don't know what they're called in English...trick battles maybe? The ones with special rules you play to up your rank? How do i not suck at them? i usually do pretty well in regular, but my teams lose like 99% of our matches.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Geeze, the game that keeps on giving. i really should finally beat single player this weekend.

Question: the...i don't know what they're called in English...trick battles maybe? The ones with special rules you play to up your rank? How do i not suck at them? i usually do pretty well in regular, but my teams lose like 99% of our matches.

Ranked battles? Biggest key is to keep your eye on the prize, whatever that is for the mode. Inking and splatting are always, always secondary to that.
    Second biggest thing is teamwork; if one of your guys has the Rainmaker, your job is to keep the other team off them, or clear a path, not wait for them to get splatted so you can try to get it. Similarly if you have the rainmaker, stay with your guards and try to stick to the clear path; using the rainmaker to splat stuff is really not that important.

Similar comments can be made about the other modes.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    We got new pants, squiddos.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/933263484631973889

The prestige rank was also detailed a bit more. You can reset your level at 99 indefinitely, but it'll only show a max of one star. The splatnet app will also tell you how many times you reset.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options

New dishes with the update, including one that offers a 2.5x multiplier.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Update is out, press + on the home screen to prompt it if it's not downloading. Waiting for the English patch notes to drop.

• Options
    Full patch notes, way too much stuff to post here

http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-update-out-now-version-2-0-0/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    The new Salmon Run stage, Salmonid Smokeyard, is pretty neat. The lifts running across the upper platforms make a interesting choice, to whether you have to wait for them to come back, or whether you're going to brave the lower areas to get to the basket.

Low tide on the beach is interesting, since I think it's probably the most... open? of the stages I've seen. Just this massive killing field. Especially when the turrets pop up.

High tide is... well, now you're cut off from the other platform with the basket on it, so you *have* to take the fan lifts to get across. Makes it a really interesting layout to play on.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Well, the mini-vacation I had planned for this weekend was cancelled, so I think I'll use that time to dig into the new update.

• Options
    Oops

https://gonintendo.com/stories/296327-splatoon-2-update-accidentally-removes-great-zapfish-fix-incomin
    Version 2.0.0 of Splatoon 2 seems to have caused an issue with the Great Zapfish. No matter how hard you look, the big guy has been removed! Nintendo has said on Twitter that this was a mistake. They're working to fix the issue, and should have a solution out quite soon.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Mako Mart is a good map, and it feels oddly spacious, even if it's probably not the biggest map.

• Options
    edzepp wrote: »
    Mako Mart is a good map, and it feels oddly spacious, even if it's probably not the biggest map.

Playing last night, it really did feel like a long hike to get back into the action (i don't use the jump nearly as much as i should, really). It's an interesting contrast to the Art College (i think) map that it was paired with in regular last night.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I know I am getting used to the motion controls and well I really need help as I lost my way to level 5 99% of the time
    I know I need better gear but facing people level 40+ when you are down in the single digits really is just sad as they stomp you

• Options
    The Splatoon 2 art book revealed Pearl & Marina's ages:

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »

Never would’ve guessed that Pearl was older

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    iirc the lore is that pearl is an experienced writer and producer and took marina under her wing

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

Never would’ve guessed that Pearl was older

In the Jside, she usually uses Senpai when talking about Pearl, so even if not older, some kind of seniority there.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    That's... uhm... Hmm.

Look, I owe a lot to the Discworld series. But Mad Max: Fury Road was also a really good movie.

Gonna have to give this one some thought.

• Options
    Meanwhile on the Jside we've got branded inner-wear vs. branded outer-wear. This is after lemon or no lemon on fried chicken. Is there a place they've got all the old Splatfests listed? i'd like to check if any of them have been at all interesting.

Also, as an aside, i'm still rubbish in ranked matches.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)