As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I've encountered a few but I haven't figured out the trick to turning them on, swiping has no effect

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    emutheelfemutheelf Dr. Wankenstein Registered User regular
    An idea I had for Salmon Run: three levels of difficulty. The first and easiest - you get to use whatever weapon you want. The rewards for that level would be the same as the other two levels of difficulty but the amount of gain from each successful run would be less so it would take longer to reach 1200p to maximize your bonuses. The second level - you still get to choose your weapon but each round one random person is given one of four random weapons. Slightly more risk so slightly more reward for this level. It would take longer to get to 1200p than currently but not as long as the easiest level. And the third level would be the current version - four weapons that are randomly given to each person and it's easier or quicker to get to 1200p. Or whatever your goal is because I'm sure not everyone goes for 1200p.

At least we would have options. I always get 1200p in Salmon Run and generally enjoy playing but sometimes the weapon choices make it a ridiculous slog. If the weapon choices for the week were ridiculous, you could opt for the easy level and have an easier time at the expense of it taking longer to get more bonuses. Or you just go for it and try your luck with the four weapons provided.

Current Game Rotation: Life is Strange, Super Mario Odyssey, Spelunky
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I've encountered a few but I haven't figured out the trick to turning them on, swiping has no effect

You just have to swipe harder.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    2.1 drops on Tuesday with the Clam Blitz mode.

Patch notes:
    https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/p/897

Some stages are getting some well-appreciated layout changes.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    The N-ZAP '89 is back tonight as well. Comes paired with Autobombs and Tenta Missiles.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    How are people leveling so fast? Am I just seeing players who hoarded XP tickets before that got patched out?

• Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    How are people leveling so fast? Am I just seeing players who hoarded XP tickets before that got patched out?

That's probably the case. There was already a Japanese player who reached level 99 about a week ago as well.

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    Next North American Splatfest - Sweaters vs Socks on December 15th

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Tried a few rounds of the new Clam Blitz ranked mode. The rules seem a bit more involved in this so it felt like 5 minute turf wars at times but I’m sure I’ll experience knockouts soon enough. Still trying to figure out the overtime conditions.

So way too many people seem to think you can break the clam basket barrier with weapons fire, you got to collect 10 clams to form a huge football to hurl at it dudes! Also overtime happens when time is out and the trailing team has an active football in play.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    Oh hey, Warehouse is back 12/14, 6 PM PST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LKSRz0y87Y

Squid Research Labs talking Clam Blitz.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I tried Ranked Modes for the first time this week and I really like them, and they aren't as scary as I first anticipated! I'm traditionally very bad at games as they get into the more competitive space, especially stuff like Splatoon where reaction time and reflexes etc. are all important, but I'll be giving more of them a go in the future because they were so interesting.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    The Shifty Station stage for the Splatfest has moving parts that ink in your team's colour, like the ones they had in Single player. Gives me hope that they'll one day add the grind rails, even if it's only for a temporary map.

Edit: Actually now that I remember, one of the stages in the first game had those inkling brushes as well.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

Aw heck. I had a feeling Team Sweater was more popular, owing to only having 2 Sock v Sock matches, but I didn't think we'd end up losing in both the wins categories

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I've won every Splatfest since the game launched. If only I went Team Ice cream, I'd have a perfect record.

• Options
    At least it was fairly close. Does sort of mirror my experiences as Socks last night, going 5-9, but a lot of close matches. Except anything on Shifty, got rolled on there a TON.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I won the same number of matches as I lost, which I thought was pretty good, but I'm just not one of the better players out there when it comes to this game. I like pushing into enemy territory and making them chase me around too much

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I've lost the last few Splatfests. Feels bad, but it was really fun. That was an amazing Shifty Station, too. Splatoon is honestly the game that keeps giving.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    splatoon, for me, is a game where i'm trying to paint the ground as smoothly as possible,
    and sometimes some jerks come and shoot me.

i wish they would stop doing that while i'm trying to paint. it's really irritating.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I did team sock even though I won all my games it was rough and ugly
    But it's a grind to get to the next level

• Options
    Squeezer is poppin' off tonight at 6 PM PST. Splash Wall/Stingray.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    The Squeezer just released. Pin point accuracy with single shots, but it has a large spread during continuous fire. Holding down the fire button shoots out a single shot, then a quarter second it starts firing faster.

The single shot takes three hits to kill with a range of 3 1/2 lines in the shooting range. Rapid fire takes four shots, and is effective at two lines.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    Seeing a lot of new low level players in turf wars. Nice bump from Xmas I guess.

• Options
    DESTROY AFTER READING: Kingsquids, the Undercover Brella is sneaking into the game tonight. R&D has loaded it up with a arsenal of ink mines and a Splashdown in case of trouble.

39dnjgq9s7eh.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I played a Splatoon 2 for the first time today. After a rough start I got in to a groove and haven't lost a match for an hour. I forgot how fun this game can be. I'd still be playing if I didn't get kicked to the lobby from an error.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    The Octobrush Nouveau makes it's return tonight, in celebration of Kakizome.
    Kakizome (書き初め, literally "first writing") is a Japanese term for the first calligraphy written at the beginning of a year, traditionally on January 2. Traditionally, kakizome was performed using ink rubbed with the first water drawn from the well on New Year's Day. Seated facing a favourable direction, people would write Chinese poetry containing auspicious words and phrases such as long life, spring, or perennial youth. These poems were then often burned.

DEM BEAKONS/Tenta Missiles in the kit.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Is there anywhere to see the required levels on these weapons? Are they limited time?

I went in game and didn’t see it but I’m only level 6...

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Nope, not limited time. The weapon shop will show them even if you're too low to buy. Don't think you get the name though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Nope, not limited time. The weapon shop will show them even if you're too low to buy. Don't think you get the name though.
    Yeah, you just get the silhouette and level. Most of the time it’s pretty obvious what’s what but deco/custom versions are nearly impossible to differentiate.
    Either way, all weapons unlock by level 30 and you usually unlock 1-2 per level, which is also just about what you can afford to buy by that point…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I got to level 10 grabbed the Vulcan and hit up Salmon runs where I am a god
    It's not that great in turf war though

• Options
    For Salmon Run rewards, would 300 points be just the one 300p reward, or all of the first 3 rewards?

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    All of the first three. The rewards are also determined at random. And though they call them "bonuses", in reality they're your only "pay" for the job.

homogenized on
  • Options
    Great, thanks!

Salmon run is pretty fun. I like the variation in bosses and events and it’s helping me get more used to the controls and inking styles for different guns

• Options
    For New Years, my friends all matched our outfit and name and weapon so that we were nigh-identical, and strolled on into Turf battle for some Grade-A Shenanigans. We were renting a cabin together so throughout the New Years Weekend we would intermittently hop on two or three at a time...though enough of us got Switch's for Christmas that we were able to pull off 7 Identical Squids at once, with 1 Confused Stranger thrown blindly into the mix.

I've never received so many random Friend Requests.

tl;dr Splatoon2 continues to be a phenomenal game and I am so glad I got into it this time around

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i feel like team action will probably win this one.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    It would be pretty funny if they lost.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I prefer good comedy movies over good action movies, but I also feel there are more good action movies than there are good comedy movies.

In the end, I still think I gotta side with comedy here.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    So, I jumped back into this game after stopping months back (I had a 16 game win streak when I stopped and was scared to come back). Played in tabletop mode with my pro controller and got wrecked every match. Never been so salty in my life. Haha. I think TV mode is the only way I will play this anymore.

Seeing people with equipment that had literally 1 type of power up probably x6 or more made me not want to play.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85