As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    But apparently it can buy you
    a pool full of mayo?

...WHY, PEARL?

*Blink*Blinkety Blink*

Wait...what?
    Well:
    PhKA1iT.jpg

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    But apparently it can buy you
    a pool full of mayo?

...WHY, PEARL?

*Blink*Blinkety Blink*

Wait...what?

Came up in the Splatfest banter.

But man, that’s a hard question.
    No good answer there, especially if you take the read on it that one excludes the other. I might have to lean on the Marina Tiebreaker for my vote. As someone who has neither, money sure makes everything easier, but love feels like it could be more... fufillling? And can help you get through the hardships together. Especially since you don’t have to worry about second-guessing yourself to whether they just love your money instead of you.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Splatoon – full concert featuring Off the Hook and Squid Sisters at Niconico Tokaigi 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14667cgZXt8

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I chose money, because I love money.

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I'm trying to like Splatoon 2, but the more I play it, the more it seems like a super grindy splatoon 1 with a horde mode, that is also super grindy...

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

I could have sworn I had more than enough Amiibo but apparently I was wrong. So weird.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    I'm trying to like Splatoon 2, but the more I play it, the more it seems like a super grindy splatoon 1 with a horde mode, that is also super grindy...

I mean, grindy in what sense? In that you have to...play the game? And get rewards for it? This isn't an RPG where you have to grind against wild mooks in order to progress. You're playing the game and (hopefully) having fun the whole time!

edited February 2018
    TDawg wrote: »

I mean, grindy in what sense? In that you have to...play the game? And get rewards for it? This isn't an RPG where you have to grind against wild mooks in order to progress. You're playing the game and (hopefully) having fun the whole time!

I guess it feels stingy with XP in general. Ranked/Salmon it's like an uphill battle to get anywhere even when you are consistently winning. Also it feels weird that I've been playing this long, I'm only level 12 afterall, but I can't get an item with three perk slots? It's really slow going.

I'm sure I'm not taking the time to learn the intricacies, but everything seems needlessly complicated too. Tickets for bonuses, urchin chunks (that have still eluded me) sardinium, power eggs, it all just seems convoluted.

I think I'd like salmon run a lot more if it didn't have rotating weapons each round. I know I should just learn to be more well rounded from a weapon standpoint, but I hate sniper rifles, so its annoying to loose in the last round with a weapon that I hate.

I'm just nitpicking the game because I like Splatoon as a franchise. I wish they wouldn't have brought back so many returning levels. And I really miss the super where you would turn into the giant squid. But I guess I remember it being kinda overpowered so it seems like the hamster ball replaced it.

Miss the mini games too even though it was lame some were locked behind amiibos. But just to nix them all in the sequel seems odd. I'm still playing quite a bit and I still haven't beat the campaign yet.

earthwormadam on

Huh.

Dear Nintendo: There should totally be Scarborough Fair-themed versions of those unlocked if you scan the Bayonetta amiibo in Splatoon 2.

persona4celestia.jpg

Huh.

Dear Nintendo: There should totally be Scarborough Fair-themed versions of those unlocked if you scan the Bayonetta amiibo in Splatoon 2.

I hate amiibo but love this idea.

Nintendo of America announced a Splatoon 2 starter edition

splatoon-2-starter-edition-1.jpg
    Fans who don’t yet own the Splatoon 2 game are in for a splat-acular treat. On March 16, the Splatoon 2 Starter Edition will launch in stores. The special bundle of the hit Nintendo Switch game includes the full game, a 100-page Splatoon 2 strategy guide to equip you with skills to climb the competitive ranks and two sheets of Splatoon stickers, all at a suggested retail price of only $59.99. That’s the same price as the stand-alone game, so this new Starter Edition adds even more value.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Splategy Guide. i have never quite felt like this before, but as an English (conversation) teacher, that is an abomination in the eyes of god and (this) man.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
    edited February 2018
    The "Starter Edition" title feels a little weird to me, though. Like, usually that's used for something that's a cheaper entry point or that's missing DLC. You're actually getting more stuff than the normal copy.

Wonder if the guide will spoil unannounced content like the Splat1 one did.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Guess I bought too soon, dang I want stickers.

Also in other news, I hate the last boss.

Splat1 final boss > Splat 2 final boss

• chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Guess I bought too soon, dang I want stickers.

Also in other news, I hate the last boss.

Splat1 final boss > Splat 2 final boss

Really? i could never get past the first game's boss, to be honest.
    As far as the starter kit, naming aside, that's a really nice set. i'd be more interested in the art book, than the guide, though.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Ha this spatfest's shifty station has cannons. Really hope there's an update that puts previous shiftys in the regular stage rotations some time in the future. However I'm noticing longer wait times getting matched up. On team love and it looks like they'll take the popularity score, but it takes a long time even getting love vs love matches. It's going to be slog ranking up.

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Yea, I think easily 2/3 of my games have been love v love. On the few games that I've actually been matched against money, things have... not been going well for love.

I'm predicting this will wind up like most of my splatfests thus far, with my team overwhelmingly winning the popularity contest but losing the fest overall.

I also feel like I just overall have very little control over my wins/progression. I can consistently get 800-1000 pts per match. If my teammates are in the same range, we win. If they're far behind me, we lose. My solo ability to kill or push areas just has so little impact compared to the rng that is team selection that I almost feel like a passive participant rather than really influencing matches.

I had a pretty spotty record until I said "Next time I lose I quit", thinking that would mean one or two more matches, and then proceeded to win five games in a row.

As always, I really love Shifty Station. This one in particular is so different from other stages- wide open, big area- that it demands a completely different play style than I normally use. I really hope we get some sort of Shifty Station Revival event where you can play all of the old Shifty Stations again before the game is done updating.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    A Splatoon Figma was just revealed at WonFes:

hOALfU0.jpg

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    I had a pretty spotty record until I said "Next time I lose I quit", thinking that would mean one or two more matches, and then proceeded to win five games in a row.

As always, I really love Shifty Station. This one in particular is so different from other stages- wide open, big area- that it demands a completely different play style than I normally use. I really hope we get some sort of Shifty Station Revival event where you can play all of the old Shifty Stations again before the game is done updating.

It would suck to lose them permanently, so I could see them adding the levels to the Lounge once Splatfests are finished, if nothing else.

Best thing to do on this shifty stage was snipe squids with the Stingray from across the map who were sitting in the canons. It was like a giant bullseye sign screaming "Shoot me!".

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
    Had some rough matches when I started, and LOTS of Love on Love fights... but I think I ended up winning more vs. Money than I lost? Definitely started to give them hell over the last hour of the Splatfest.

I had forgotten how much I love the Mini Splating.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    I usually ignore it during Splatfest, but after three losses in a row or if I can tell I'm feeling annoyed I take a break. I also take a break no matter what after about half an hour where I do things not related to Splatoon.
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I also feel like I just overall have very little control over my wins/progression. I can consistently get 800-1000 pts per match. If my teammates are in the same range, we win. If they're far behind me, we lose. My solo ability to kill or push areas just has so little impact compared to the rng that is team selection that I almost feel like a passive participant rather than really influencing matches.
    If you want consistency then make a team. I normally stick with solo just for Splatfest ranks sake (plus youngsters who likely can't form a team or use voice chat could probably use a hand), but I'm surprised we don't see more activity in this thread when Splatfests come in for players looking to form a team. Communication makes all the difference in the world.

But I woke up at 3 a.m. to get my Splatfest and Salmon Run time in before the kids woke up and monopolized the only Switch here, I imagine most forumers would've been asleep :P

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    A Splatoon Figma was just revealed at WonFes:

hOALfU0.jpg

The DX version will have parts that will transform it into a Splatoon 2 Inkling:

splatoon-dx.jpg

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    So, did some drunk shopping and picked up the Splatoon2 art book (it was payday!). It is freaking gorgeous. This is all.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Next Splatfest for NA and Europe starting March 9th

Chicken or egg?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Ugh, will be working next weekend with effectively zero time to play. Bummer.

Also, whatever you want to call the first chicken clearly had to hatch out of an egg. That egg had to have been laid by a not-chicken giving rise to a new mutation. Checkmate athiests Pearl.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I know it's uncouth to bring up Louis C.K nowadays, but hot damn he had a great chicken/egg joke.

"Of course the egg came first. You can't just go "chicken"! You can't will a chicken into being. The egg had to have come first."
    "Then where did the egg come from?"
    "From a chicken, you idiot."

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know it's uncouth to bring up Louis C.K nowadays, but hot damn he had a great chicken/egg joke.

"Of course the egg came first. You can't just go "chicken"! You can't will a chicken into being. The egg had to have come first."
    "Then where did the egg come from?"
    "From a chicken, you idiot."

That's part of their argument for the event

edited March 2018
    I need to get some more matches in on it, but I really dig Goby Arena. Reminds me of a better version of Warehouse.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited March 2018
    I need to get some more matches in on it, but I really dig Goby Arena. Reminds me of a better version of Warehouse.

I'm a big fan of it as well.

It's such a small level, and trying to get to the other teams spawn is more hazardous compared to other levels because of the uninkable floors, so all of the battling happens in the middle court area.

It's just constant action.

MetaHybrid on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Splatoon DLC coming this summer, Octo World with maybe playable Octolings? There's supposed to be a new set of single-player levels in it too. Also Inklings in Smash? This is what my Twitter is spitting at me.

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    edited March 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeuEcVZx0pc

TRIGGERFISH AND PIT INCOMING

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg