As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

EDF! EDF!

PeenPeen Registered User regular
0fdv5by.png

Earth Defense Force is a game where you shoot giant bugs and aliens and sometimes robots. There have been at least six games in the series, they're budget titles, and they're great. They've got a sense of scale that I haven't seen another game match, both in terms of the size of the enemies and the number of them. They're mindless, gloriously stupid fun, and I just got 2025 for the 360 yesterday. I spent most of my time shooting endless grenades and missiles into piles of giant spiders, it was great. I will be playing the crap out of it. You should too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Y3Udr8p0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ0VOTmRKr4

cB557Turkeymiscellaneousinsanity

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Does it have online multiplayer?

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The newest one, 2025 on last gen consoles and 4.1 on PS4, sure does! It's also one of the best couch co-op games you'll find, my brother and I had an excellent time plowing through 2017.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    If I die, will you look after my wife and kids?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

cB557
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    SERVICE GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP!

cj iwakura
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Peen wrote: »
    The newest one, 2025 on last gen consoles and 4.1 on PS4, sure does! It's also one of the best couch co-op games you'll find, my brother and I had an excellent time plowing through 2017.

So I should get this game?

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJy9SJkZFxk

Is pretty much all I know of the series. It's pretty great.

TurkeyPeen
    Peen wrote: »

So I should get this game?

Yes, you and everyone else. You owe it to yourself.

Get it for me, @Peen

You get it for you, it won't mean as much if I get it for you.

Also I want to like Wing Divers more but all of the guns tie into the flight power and how does that make any sense? I don't care if they'd be overpowered, being awesome and stupid is the whole point of the game.

How much is it?

$45 used for the PS4 one, $12 clearance at Target for the 360 one, check your endcaps!

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    This is the game i'm going to buy a PS4 for

uc3ufTB.png
    WeedLordVegeta
    $45 Dollarydoos!

You can't put a price on this kind of fun Raijin, it's nearly infinite.

Think I'll keep an eye out for it to go on sale on PSN.

Are we friends, Peen?

I ain't even have a PS4, I'm living that Microsoft life.

Yeah but... Are we friends? You know... Pals?

Yeah sure, if you didn't live in outer coldlandia we'd probably hang.

Ok. Good.

This game is legitimately stressful. I was rolling along pretty ok, just farting around with grenade launchers and missiles and then I hit level 10 and when the city is pretty crowded and crawling with bugs from all sides you really do get overrun and it feels nuts. On normal you're probably not in too much danger but man it gets your heart rate up.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    A newwwww EDF? Can anything match 2017? Insect Armageddon (right?) was kinda shitty, but I loved the core game play.

It's better in every way, including kaiju/robutt type fights!

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Looks like EDF 5 will be coming to SEA.

Which means English release. Hooray!

http://sea.ign.com/earth-defense-force-5/133204/news/earth-defense-force-5-releasing-in-chinese-korean-and-englis

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    My thread, my beautiful thread! It lives!

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Please use a new thread for the sequel. No need to bring back a 2 year dead thread. :P

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.