As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] Yordano Ventura: Punch Detective

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Hey Schide since you have everything else, you want Sale and Rizzo?

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Hey Schide since you have everything else, you want Sale and Rizzo?

Sure!

I'll give you Lamb and Berrios.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    don't worry guys

i'll beat schide next week

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I mean, I have offered an easy solution to things. Contracts exist in keeper leagues to ensure nobody holds onto the best player(s) forever.

EDIT: I mean, Schide's had a buncha dudes play over their head (and some others play awful, just like everyone else has).

Goose! on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I mean, I have offered an easy solution to things. Contracts exist in keeper leagues to ensure nobody holds onto the best player(s) forever.

EDIT: I mean, Schide's had a buncha dudes play over their head (and some others play awful, just like everyone else has).

Like, that makes me want to just not play anymore if part of it is you pumping your idea.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    What are you even talking about? I am trying to make my team better, which I feel I have. Two great players > 1. The gap between Arenado and Betts in terms of value is not as big as everyone is making it out to be. I definitely feel like I won the trade, even if it was difficult to make because Arenado is great.

EDIT: All that post is saying was there are options if you feel something is unfair for some reason. Hell, veto it even.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    There's nothing unfair about the trade. I just don't really get why anyone would give Schide anything worthwhile at this point unless it's a year where you feel like you're coming out the clear winner.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    That seems like a really silly way to approach trading. I like to try to make my team better in both the short and long term. Some pan out, others don't.

EDIT: I don't mean silly. I'm sorry, I'm just tired of always feeling like everyone constantly dumped on when my team has improved consistently every year.

Goose! on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    if you dont like the trade, veto it

there's a reason the veto button is there. it has nothing to do with fairness.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Only way I would ever veto a trade is if it is absolutely
    Ridiculous.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    also there will never be contracts because i said so

Schide has great players AND he has had incredible luck with basically his entire core never getting hurt and basically never even slumping as far as I can remember. Oh well. That's baseball. It won't last forever. Or maybe it will. Everyone had multiple chances to draft Trout and passed

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Hey @Jasconius

Make me an offer for 2015 Cy Young award winner Dallas Keuchel

• Options
    Hey @Jasconius

Make me an offer for 2015 Cy Young award winner Dallas Keuchel

i've got enough problems right now with pitchers who were great last year but suck ass this year

• Options
    He's due to start pitching well any day now!

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    You can pry Altuve and Donaldson away from my cold, dead hands

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Jasconius wrote: »

Schide has great players AND he has had incredible luck with basically his entire core never getting hurt and basically never even slumping as far as I can remember. Oh well. That's baseball. It won't last forever. Or maybe it will. Everyone had multiple chances to draft Trout and passed

This is why we should rotate who is commissioner. Because I said so is the dumbest bullshit reason.

Goose! on
  • Options

This is why we should rotate who is commissioner. Because I said so is the dumbest bullshit reason.

oh well

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

Oh lord, no one wants contracts.

PizzleStixx on
    PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    We don't need contracts. If we really want to limit kept players we just need to change it so we can't keep players forever in the first six rounds.

• Options
    There aren't any problems here.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    every offseason i propose a rule change to do something about the best teams, this last year was the first one that passed, and frankly it didn't have to. also, we're within 1-2 years of some of the better teams hitting real critical mass w/ top 6 keeper crowding, which should hopefully loosen up the draft a little bit

im at least 1.5 years away from even thinking about doing anything major

if I could have changed anything about our original ruleset, I would have gotten rid of the round 7-9 keeper cost tier and just made everything out of the top 6 be +2 rounds. I'm not even sure i would change it now either, since Harper and Trout are basically once in a generation talents. MOST prospects aren't going to be everyday starters in their age 20 season.

The way it should work is if you draft a guy super low, he's hitting top 6 just as his career prime ends. This is a fairly decent simulation of how actual baseball free agency works.

Anyway, there are no plans to change it. I'm fairly happy with how the rules are working. We've seen horrible teams get good and we've seen good teams get fucking wretched. I've only had two owners ever offer up a protest against anything about the league whatsoever. I'd say that's alright.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hey, you guys are more than welcome to trade me some guys, if we're just gonna dump players around

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    The rules are fine and also I'd rather have what Schide gave up, but my team isn't as good as Schides.

The point of trades are to make your team better.

Or in Pizzle's case the other team, but you know what I mean.

• Options
    Zing pow!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I might make a joke about a trade or whatever but I have no problem with our keeper rules. Parity exists in our league.

• Options
    I need to make room for Darvish and I can't believe I'm considering dropping Dallas Keuchel...

• Options
    See, I didn't fuck up that trade.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    See, I didn't fuck up that trade.

You got lucky!

• Options
    Miggy's doing just fine too!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Max! C'mon! It's a good deal!

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Max! C'mon! It's a good deal!

You were close.

• Options
    Counteroffer me!

• Options
    maximum is saving all his bargaining chips for top 1 fantasy catcher Buster Posey

• Options
    I'm in deep now

20160523_151706_zpsxayn2ixy.jpg

• Options
    Holy shit you went off the deep end.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Also, Ryan Vogelsong took a fastball to the jaw today kinda like Stanton a couple years ago. The picture is pretty terrifying so I won't post it. Apparently there might be some eye damage as well.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    That was only $25!

• Options
    i actually cannot believe how bad matt moore is at baseball

• Options
    commissioner just announced amazing rule

if you give up three straight hits to age 42 ichiro you have to be banned from baseball now

• Options
    Oh shit! Gallo got the call!

This discussion has been closed.